𝕄𝕠𝕧𝕖-𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕘𝕘𝕝𝕖 & ℙ𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝'𝕤 ℝ𝕦𝕝𝕖 (4)

"Hwaaahhh! We gotta get out of here! Before we get disappeared for good!" All three fo the ghosts exclaimed

"Hwaaahhh! We gotta get out of here! Before we get disappeared for good!" All three fo the ghosts exclaimed. Then, one by one, they began to vanish.

"H-huh? Did we...win?" Grim muttered, surpirsed that they actually managed to do it.

"Well done, Grim. I thank you for the help." You turn towards him with an soft smile on your lips.

"Aw, geez, I was scared outta my- I mean, they didn't faze me one bit! Just a walk in the park for a mage of my caliber! Whaddaya got to say now, ghosties? That's right!" You softly chuckled at his words. Footsteps were suddenly heard approaching closely. You turn to look, and it was again, the headmage.

"Good evening. In another gesture of my immense kindness, I have brought you dinner. Wait. That's the creature we ejectd for causing trouble at orientation! What is it doing here!?" Crowley pointed a finger at Grim.

"Takin' care of yer ghost problems, that's what. You're welcome, by the way!" Grim huffed out and crossed his tiny arms.

"What is the meaning of this, Y/n?" Crowley turned to you, seeking for an explination. And so, you told him the previous situations that occured.

"But you know, on that topic, I do seem to recall that this dorm had a mischievous ghost problem. Ah, yes... That's why it was abandoned, in fact. The ghosts scared away all the students." Crowley hummed as he remembered. "And you're saying that you joined forces to drive them away?" Crowley's gaze shifted back and forth to you and Grim.

"Joining forces ain't exactly how I'd describe it. More like I drove 'em away, and the human watched." Grim placed a paw on his fluffy chest, somewhat striking a proud pose. You slightly deadpanned.

"Would you two be so kind as to demonstrate your ghost-eradication methods for me?" Crowley requested.

"One, no, 'cause I already wiped 'em all out. And two, no, 'cause where's my reward for helping!? I want my tuna!" Grim suddenly snapped his head at you, placing both paws on his hip.

"I will play the part of the ghosts. As for the tuna, you'll recieve it when you defeat me. Oh, what generosity, Crowley..." Crowley said, muttering the last sentence to himself. He took out a potion and chugged it down, transforming him into a ghost, yet his bird mask remained.

"Ah, you gotta be kiddin' me. I gotta work together with the human again?" Grim gave a downcast expression.

You suddenly got an idea and decided to speak up. "This could possibly be your chance to get enrolled. Plus, you get to recieve tuna." You leaned down and whispered to Grim.

"Hrmph. All right, but this is the last time. And I better be up to my jowls in tuna aftwerwards!" Grim groaned before preparing himself.

✩░▒▓▆▅▃▂∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙▂▃▅▆▓▒░✩

"*Pant* *Pant*...Well?" Grim placed his paws on his knees, out of breath. You lightly patted his furry back.

"Incredible...I've never seen anyone bend a monster to their will quite the way you have." Crowley gazed in wonder at you and Grim. "I must confess, mu educator's intitution did sense something about you after that brouhaha at orientation, Y/n. I could tell you had a certian trianer-y, beast master-ish quality to you. Oh, yes. " Crowley placed a hand on his chin, mumbling incoherite words to himself.

"Pardon me, but would it be possible for Grim to stay here? He would like to go to this school." You inquired. Both the headmage and Grim gazed at you with surprise.

"WHAT? A monster, stay HERE?" Crowley retorted.

"Woah, did you just...?" Grim looked up to you with a small yet hopeful gleam in his widened eyes. He wondered why you just did that for him.

"Headmage, do you not think it's rather rude to call Grim a "monster"? And, I thought you self-proclaimed to be gracious, sir? Is your graciousness dwindling that you cannot grant the simple request of this creature?" You bluntly replied with your casual tone though laced with more stern.

Crowley sightly flinched. "I- well... Hmmm... I suppose I cannot deny your plea. Very well." A small sigh of defeat escaped him.

"Myah!? Really?" Grim's eyes suddenly brightened as he pumped his paws up the air in excitement.

"Let me be clear! Under no circumstances would I admit anyone to Night Raven College who has not been selected by the Dark Mirror- especially not a monste- I meant, creature! Nor do I intend to allow you, Y/n, to freeload until you're able to return home." Crowley explained with arms crossed.

"Hrmph. Never shoulda got my hopes up..." Grim's ears dropped in disappointement.

"Now, allow me to explain. It was the Dark Mirror that transported you here. Therefore, this school does bear some responsibility for your well-being. So, I will allow you to remain in this dorm, free of charge. However, you will need to pay for your own food, clothing, and incidentals. As to how you will do so, penniless as you are...Ah. Ah ha. Yes, a fine plan." Crowley chuckled lowly to himself. You raised a brow at his supposedly "fine plan."

"You needn't be alarmed. I'm simply going to ask you to do a few odd jobs around campus. From what you've done here, Y/n, I can tell you know your way around a broom. So what do you say you two working together as a janitorial team? If you agree to that, I will make a special exception and allow you to remain on campus. I'll also allow you use of the library, so that you may study, and research ways to return home. How boundlessly charitable I am." A smile crept on his lips before he paused. "Ah, but only when your work is over, of course!" He added on.

Grim responded before you could. "Whaaat? What kinda deal is that!? I wanna put on one of those sweet uniforms and be a student, not sweep up people's junk!" He complained.

"If you're not satisfied with my offer, I can arrange to have you thrown out again." Crowley remarked, causing Grim to recoil and sweatdrop.

"Myah!?...All right, fine! Let's do it." Grim begrudgingly agreed. The headmage then looked to you, awaiting your response.

"I would consider this a fair enough settlement. I have not much of a choice either." You replied with a stolid expression.

Crowley clasped his hands together. "Wonderful. Then I beseech you both... To work hard as the new members of Night Raven College's janitorial staff!"

 To work hard as the new members of Night Raven College's janitorial staff!"