𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕒𝕟 𝕌𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 & 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕖𝕕𝕖🦁

You felt a paw poke your cheek in a continuous and persuasive manner, a successful attempt in waking you up

You felt a paw poke your cheek in a continuous and persuasive manner, a successful attempt in waking you up. "Grim...stop that-" You regained your consciousness as your eyes fluttered open. The first thing your mind registered was a familiar derpy hyena face with a tongue dangling out.

You blinked your confusion away as your vision became much clearer. "Ed...?"  You said slowly, placing your hands on the floor to support yourself up the ground as sit upright.

"You remember! Remember me!"  Ed cackled, licking the side of your face with his tongue.

"Oh, hey, Y/n! You're finally awake. Wouldn't want to miss the scene."  Shenzi waltzed at your side and sat down, followed by Banzai who leaned on your opposite side. And Ed, who rested his head on top of your lap.

By this point, your mind had just fully registered your surroundings. A rocky, hard ground with barely any patches of grass, and an atmosphere which smelled of earth. It didn't take long for a scene to present itself in front of you and the hyenas who watched with curiosity and full attention.

"Oh, Zazu, do lightening up and sing something for me with a little bounce in it." The brooding voice of Scar, who was laying his back down on a flattened rock, commanded the pitiful bird you saw imprisoned and trapped within the back/rib cages of an animal's bone.

The bird, who you presumed was the one called Zazu, sighed as he slowly stopped his futile attempts of escaping. "Oh... I would have never had to do this for Mufasa." He mumbled.

"What? What did you say? I...am...the KING!" Scar growled, scratching his paws on the walls which left a line of several deep marks.

"Hey, Boss! We got a bone to pick with you." Banzai appeared on screen as he entered inside the lion's den with a scowl.

This got the hyenas quite excited as they emitted sounds of cheering. "Oh! Hey, look, it's me!" The current Banzai pointed his paw towards the scene with a sharp grin.

"Scar, there's no food, no water... We're hungry!" A feminine voice spoke up, overtaking the male hyenas as she walked forward with a vicious frown as well.

"Hey, me too! I'm a star! I'm famous!" Shenzi snickered, her tail wagging as she leaned her face closer towards the screen upfront. Ed began to jump around and clap his paws as he saw himself appear in the background, just glad he was included.

"What are you complaining to me for? Eat Zazu." Scar retorted with knitted brows and barely any care.

"I thought things were bad under Mufasa." Banzai whispered a remark to his fellow hyenas who collectively agreed.

"What did you say!? Get out!" Scar roared.

"But we're still hungry!" Ed whined.

The scene slowly faded and vanished away, leaving a tense and silent atmosphere engulf the empty void. You were brave enough to be the first to break it. "What happened to all that motivation he had before he was king?" You inquired carefully, turning your head to face the female hyena.