𝕃𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕃𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕕 & ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕖 (11)

"Pardon!? You're telling me you actually went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?" Crowley asked, seemingly skeptical

"Pardon!? You're telling me you actually went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?" Crowley asked, seemingly skeptical. "I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone!" Crowley crossed his arms. "And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents."

"Are you serious!? While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us!?"
Grim pointing an accusing paw at the headmage.

""Monster"...?" Crowley placed a hand on his chin.

"Yeah. There was a monster, all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!" Ace confirmed. It seems he hasn't recovered from that yet.

"Would you kindly relate this story in full?" Crowley requested, but it's not like any of you had a choice to oppose. And so, the two freshman and feline told the story, though each one of them had their own different version and perspective of it. The headmaster was evidently puzzled while you just watched the scene play out in amusement.

"Hmmm. So a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And the four of you worked together to destroy it, and then brought its magestone back to me?" Crowley summarized, attempting to understand the best he possibly could.

"I don't know that I'd call it "working together"" Ace uttered.
"It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time" Deuce inserted.

"Oh, gracious... Ohhh... Ohhhhhhhhh!" To everyone in the room's surprise, the headmage began to sob. You were all taken aback. A bizarre scene was presented infront of each of you.

"What is this guy's deal!? Burstin' into tears in public? At his age!?" Grim quietly exclaimed, backing away to stand at your side.

"In all the decades I've worked at this school... The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands to defeat a common foe!" Crowley said in between sobs and gasps.

"Woah! No! No way would I join hands with that guy!" Deuce denied and disagreed.

"Okay, one, there was no joining of hands. Gross. And two, exactly HOW old are you, Headmage?" Ace retorted with a quirked brow.

"At this moment, I am moved beyond words. This incident has proved my hopes were justified. Miss Y/n, my doubts are allayed! For you... You possess the talents of a beastmaster." Crowley jumped up from his chair and pointed a finger directed towards you, and you alone. You couldn't decide whether this situation was rather suspenseful or overly serious.

"A...beastmaster, you say? What does that mean, exactly?" You calmly inquired.

"My students have all been selected by the Dark Mirror for their exceptional talent and potential. But great talent begets great pride and big egos. Most are so self-reliant and self-centered that they never even consider cooperating with others." Crowley babbled on.