Diaries of a nanodroid in The...

By Shadowpotato114

In a clandestine act of scientific subterfuge, a researcher absconds with a cutting-edge combat nanodroid, in... More

2. N.A.N.O.W.A.R.R.I.O.R
3. Where am i?
4. Bounty hunters guild
5. White fang.
6. Elise
7. Duke Arlen
8. Valardia
9. The axis
10. The frontline
11. The king's help request
12. The trial.
13. The Royal Alchemist
14. Magic research
15. Floknethes battle
16. Western Therabilia
17. Nano's diary
18. Nano's Diaries part ll
19. The prince and Nano
20. Uprising
21. Diplomatic relations
22. Fall of Eurebia
23. Urban warfare
24. Welcome to the Therabilia Axis
25. Rewriting

1. The scientist

165 8 7
By Shadowpotato114

Planet Earth
Year 2238
Bratislava, Republic of Slovakia, The Commonwealth

On the planet Earth, where humanity originated, the origins of our existence remain a mystery. Some speculate it could be the result of a divine plan orchestrated by celestial beings, while others attribute it to the unpredictable forces of evolution. Regardless of the exact explanation, it's undeniable that humans stand apart from other species. Unlike creatures equipped with sharp claws or fangs, or the ability to navigate in darkness, humans possess a unique gift: cognition. This remarkable ability sets us apart, allowing us to think, reason, and innovate in ways that surpass the capabilities of any other species.

Humanity's reliance on cognition has been instrumental in our adaptation. Instead of solely depending on instincts, we utilize intelligence, innovation, and creativity to thrive. Rather than resorting to brute force with teeth and claws, we harness tools like stones and spears for hunting and defense. In place of relying solely on our eyes to navigate the darkness, we harness the power of fire, a cornerstone of human technology. Awakening our cognition was pivotal, as evidenced by the simple act of using a stone to open a clam, which revolutionized our approach to problem-solving and marked the beginning of our journey towards progress and advancement. This ongoing reliance on cognition continues to shape our world, driving innovation and making the seemingly impossible achievable with each passing day.

Throughout history, humanity has traversed inhospitable deserts, icy waters, and treacherous jungles, spanning every continent on Earth. We witnessed the rise and fall of empires, from the Mongol Empire's failed attempts to conquer the land of the Pharaohs to the burning of Jerusalem by the Romans. We saw the Spanish conquistadors establish their empire in the New World, the British dominance over the seas, and the American abolitionists' struggle against slavery. We remember the French resistance against Nazi expansion and the atrocities committed by the American government during the Vietnam War. We witnessed the disintegration of the USSR. Today, we stand amidst skyscrapers towering over a kilometer high and have developed cures for nearly all diseases. Yet, our aspirations extend beyond our planet as we yearn to explore the stars, not as separate nations but as one unified species – the human race.

*Loud clapping noises across the room *

After this, Professor Edmond Behar exits the auditorium of a middle school in Bratislava, once the capital of Slovakia and now one of the three capitals of The Commonwealth, he finds a seat at one of the tables outside. With a small box of chocolate milk from the cafeteria in hand, he begins sorting through some papers. Lost in thought, he focuses on one particular document when Mr. Adam, a fellow teacher, takes a seat beside him.

You did a good job inside there mr. Behar, says Adam, i thought the kids wouldn't understand a word of what you said according to the other speeches you had done in the past

Well, i made it simple and short so they could catch the idea; I've never been good at speech anyways, says Behar with a tone of indifference.

Well, at least you made an attempt, says Adam, Oh, speaking of it,I came across some surprising news today that even caught my wife off guard. Is it really true what the council claimed about the war on the Gobi frontline?

it depends of, tells him Behar, which part?

The new line of nanodroids the council will start creating to replace every type-Kedron with no exception, clarifies Adam

ah, exclaims Behar, understanding the question, that, well, its true.

We're discussing thousands, maybe even a million Type-Kedron on both frontlines. Isn't that a bit exaggerated? Asks Adam, Where would the council even get all the necessary materials? And the budget implications are staggering... You're the expert in this field, so I was hoping to get your perspective on it.

No need to worry then. Since I'm on the development team, I simply receive the materials and follow instructions, clarifies Behar to him, However, I do agree that it seems a bit exaggerated. After all, Type-Kedron has only been in operation for what, five years? They're still relatively new. And from what I've heard, we're planning to use Type-Kedron as the material for the new nanodroids.

They're at least recycling, says Adam as he looks at his wristwatch, Oh, sorry, I have to prepare for my next class. It was a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Behar.

pleasure is mine, says Behar while shakes hands with Mr. Adam and returns to order his documents.

Professor Behar was born during the expansion of The Commonwealth, amidst the early occupation of Albania. The Commonwealth's gradual expansion occurred over a century, systematically reducing the world's nations to just three: Saudi Arabia, China, and The Commonwealth itself. But how did it all begin?

The Commonwealth initially formed as a coalition of small nations aimed at mutual protection and support, independent of major powers. Over time, it evolved into its own sovereign entity, with strongholds in Europe and South America. Its interventions ranged from combating terrorism in Europe to quelling cartels and insurgencies in South America's Amazon region. Expanding into Africa, it intervened in conflicts from Morocco to Sudan. However, its eastern expansion unsettled the United States, prompting increased military spending to maintain American bases in Commonwealth territories. As it extended its influence eastward, the Commonwealth provided aid and military support to various nations, including fighting groups like the mujaheddin, Taliban, ISIS, and integrating Kurdish peshmerga into its forces, deploying them strategically in the Middle East to leverage their local knowledge and boost morale by defending their homeland.

With the demise of Vladimir Putin in the 2100s, the Russian Federation's inclusion in The Commonwealth, alongside neighboring nations, came as a shock to the Americans. Their astonishment grew when their new president clandestinely negotiated a treaty with The Commonwealth, proposing American integration into the Commonwealth in exchange for his appointment as governor of the territory for a decade. The revelation of the ten-year treaty incited fury among other governors, although some softened their stance after the council presented a mysterious document. Despite speculation surrounding its contents, the ensuing riots in cities like New York, Sacramento, and Dallas, particularly in the Deep South, eclipsed all other concerns, engulfing them in flames of unrest and uncertainty.

The Commonwealth has amassed numerous adversaries, and with the acquisition of the American military, they now command the most cutting-edge arsenal. Robotics have long been integrated into warfare, but in the 22nd century, advanced AI oversees entire missile defense systems, encrypted communications, and even the exoskeletons and prosthetics utilized by soldiers. These soldiers now fight alongside combat robots and nanodroids, renowned for their adaptability and resilience thanks to their advanced nanotechnology. However, Behar is troubled by the Commonwealth's latest initiative: a secretive program to repurpose Type-Kedron, the most advanced nanodroid on the frontlines. The details are known only to the council and the Department of Robotics, sparking concerns about the potential ramifications of deploying these new nanodroids and the toll they may exact on the ongoing conflict.

Aware of the potential for mutual destruction between nations, Behar has covertly dedicated himself to a clandestine project in a concealed studio. Within this hidden space, a prototype of the new nanodroid hangs ominously from the ceiling, representing Behar's clandestine efforts to counteract the escalating tensions and mitigate the catastrophic consequences of deploying advanced weaponry in the ongoing conflict.

Initializing nano-characteristics report...

- **Nano-Size**: Length: Approximately 1 to 100 nanometers.
- **Operating System**: NanoOS v047.7
- **Processing Unit**: Quantum Nano-Processor (QNP)
- **Memory**: NanoRAM, with a capacity of 1 Terabyte per square centimeter.
- **Power Source**: Micro-Fusion Reactor, providing continuous energy supply using Biomass as fuel.
- **Communication**: Nano-Communication Array (NCA) for rapid data transfer.
- **Sensors**: Multi-Spectral Nano-Sensors for precise environmental analysis.
- **Mobility**: Nano-Actuators for agile movement in any terrain.
- **Defense Mechanisms**: Nano-Shielding System for protection against physical and cyber threats.
- **Adaptability**: Nano-Adaptive Algorithm for real-time adjustment to changing conditions.
- **Stealth Capabilities**: Nano-Cloaking Technology for covert operations.
- **Integration**: Fully compatible with existing robotic systems for seamless integration into various platforms.
- **Scalability**: Modular design allows for easy expansion and customization.

End of report.

As Behar pursues his clandestine project to avert the looming threat of mutual destruction, the council grows increasingly wary of his insubordination. They recognize the peril he poses to their initiative, NANO, which was conceived to alter the trajectory of the war and prevent a catastrophic nuclear conflict that could annihilate both the Commonwealth and its adversaries. With Behar's new project threatening to destabilize their plans, the council deems him a significant threat. Despite his integral role in the initiative and his intimate knowledge of its inner workings, Behar finds himself placed on the blacklist—a roster of individuals whose elimination could precipitate substantial shifts in global politics. Now, with the Commonwealth giving the green light to the list, Behar becomes the primary target, marking the beginning of a dangerous game of cat and mouse with potentially dire consequences for all involved.

Story By Enyorableroveler 114

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196 12 81
-There's why? !!! If I had known that something like this would happen to me, I would have prepared! I would read more about plants, I would have don...
23 0 24
Earth has been destroyed by its own people and is completely unlivable now. The few survivors now reside in cryostasis roaming through space as scien...
274 40 24
Deadbeat incel loser experiences the final breaking point and dies a wanted death. Only to find himself in a strange predicament. In a new world, wit...
6K 667 37
✨️WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST | Book One in the "Dark Waters" series | On a quest to regain his place among the deadly seven, Octavio quickly remembers th...