Back To You (gxg)

By lroseman55

Still reeling over the mistakes she made at her old job, 25-year-old Jenny O'Malley is looking forward to a f... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16- Riley's POV
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50

Part 41

705 35 18
By lroseman55

My parents didn't stay for much longer after I told them about Riley. My mom barely made eye contact with me.

My dad, however, told me that he loved me and to call him if I needed anything. I wasn't going to have any hope though that he would accept me.

Riley and I got discharged from the hospital at around the same time, with me being discharged first. Demarcus got Riley's car keys from her, and he and Danielle went back to the hotel to get Riley's car. Riley wasn't going to be able to drive, so Stephanie was going to us home in Riley's car.

I walked out of the hospital with Stephanie and Carmen.

"Danielle had to park Riley's car a little further away," Stephanie said, "I'm going to go get the car. Jenny and Carmen, you stay here, I'll come pick you up."

"Carmen, go with Steph," I said to her, "If it's a bit of a walk away, I don't want Stephanie to have to go alone. I'll be fine waiting out front here, maybe Riley will walk come out. She texted me that she should be discharged any minute now."

"Are you sure?" Carmen asked me.

I nodded, "Yes. I'll wait out front here."

Stephanie and Carmen walked off together to get the car, and I stood out in front of the hospital. It was quite chilly out, and I was grateful that Danielle had been able to get mine and Riley's bags from the hotel, which contained our jackets.

I was standing outside the hospital, not facing the exit, when I heard footsteps and then my name, "Jenny!"

I turned around to see Riley walking toward me. She wasn't walking too quickly considering her injuries, so I made my way over to her. I could see Marie, Nathan, Danielle, and Demarcus walking behind her.

When we reached each other, she immediately wrapped her arms around me and pulled me in for a hug.

"I love you," she murmured in my ear, "I'm so glad we're going home. Somewhat in one piece."

"I love you too, Riley," I said back to her, not wanting to let go of her. I made sure to hold her gently not to aggravate any of her injuries.

"I never want to let go of you," she said to me.

We stood there for a few more moments, embracing each other. I could hear Riley's heartbeat against mine.

Reluctantly, we pulled away as I saw Stephanie pulling up to the front of the hospital with Riley's car.

Danielle, Demarcus, Nathan, and Marie all hugged us goodbye.

"If you need anything, and I mean anything, do not hesitate to call me," Danielle said to Riley and I, "Are you going to call Hailey and tell her what happened?"

"Fuck, I didn't even think about that," Riley said, "We have work tomorrow. Yes, I'll call Hailey in the car."

"Okay," Danielle said, giving us each another hug, "Get home safe."

Riley and I got in the backseat of her car, with Carmen in the passenger seat and Stephanie driving.

"Alright," Riley said, "I'm going to give Hailey a call and tell her what happened."

"You can tell her...about us," I said to Riley, suddenly concerned that Hailey would have not the greatest reaction to Riley and me dating. Partially because we're co-workers, and now due to fear that she was secretly homophobic.

"Okay," Riley said, and as if she could sense my concern, she said gently, "Jenny, Hailey isn't going to care. She has a sister that's married to a woman."

"And she won't get mad considering we work together?"

"It's not like there's a policy against that," Riley said, 'I'm not your boss. I promise you, she isn't going to care that we're dating. She's going to care more about what happened to us."

I nodded, feeling more reassured, and Riley called Hailey, who picked up on the second ring.

"Riley, is everything alright?" Hailey asked after she picked up.

"Yeah. Well, no," Riley said, "Jenny and I won't be able to come to work tomorrow. And likely for at least a week after. I know we have off for Thanksgiving and Black Friday, but we definitely won't be able to work this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday."

"Whoa, what happened?" Hailey asked, "And how do you know Jenny won't be able to work?"

"She's right next to me, actually," Riley said, "We just got discharged from the hospital."

"The hospital? Riley, what the hell happened?" Hailey asked.

Riley sighed, "We went out for Jenny's birthday this weekend in Lancaster, and we got attacked by these guys. They saw me kiss Jenny's cheek, and they were super homophobic and wound up physically attacking us. If you haven't guessed by now, Jenny and I are together."

"I had a hunch," Hailey said, "But oh my god...Riley. Were you and her badly injured?"

"I have some broken ribs and a bunch of scratches and bruises. Jenny is pretty banged up as well and has a black eye," Riley explained, "But...it could have been worse. A lot worse."

"Oh my god...you two are lucky that you weren't injured worse," Hailey said, "Riley...I am so, so sorry this happened. People are terrible."

In a joking tone, Riley said, "Well, I wouldn't call myself lucky. My mom died and my girlfriend and I were jumped within a month of each other."

"Riley! You know what I meant," Hailey said.

"I'm just messing with you, Hailey. I know what you meant. You're right, we are lucky it wasn't worse."

"Take as much time off as you need. Both of you. If you both want to fully work from home for some time once you're ready to come back, that's fine as well. Just keep me updated."

"We will," Riley said, "Thanks, Hailey."

When Riley hung up, I turned to her and asked, "Do you want to stay at my apartment tonight?"

"Sure," Riley said, "Let me just text Brooklyn that I will be doing so. She left your place not long ago, she said Sunshine was happy to have her company."

After my parents had left the hospital, I texted Riley from my room about how they reacted. A little while after hanging up with Hailey, Riley turned to me and said, "I'm proud of you, Jenny. For coming out to your parents. I should've told you that earlier."

"You didn't have to," I said, "In some ways, it almost pales in comparison to what happened to us."

"It's still a really big deal."

"It is," Stephanie nodded from the driver's seat.

"I know there's going to be major fallout from it." I said, "Especially with my mom. I'm just glad in some ways that I got to do it on my own terms, and not be outed by Kristen."

"Ah, yes, the Wicked Witch of Pennsylvania," Riley said, "I think it's super important that you got to come out on your own terms. Obviously, I'm here for you, whatever happens with your parents now that you're out."

I put my hand on Riley's and smiled at her, "Thank you."

Stephanie dropped Carmen off at her place first, and then we drove back to our apartment. It felt like forever since I had been there. Not just one day.

A lot happened within a day.

Sunshine immediately came up to Riley, Stephanie, and me when we walked into the apartment and rubbed against our legs. I leaned down to pet her, and she nuzzled her head against my hand.

"Do you want me to cook something or order something for you two?" Stephanie asked, "You must be hungry."

"I can just order something for us," I said to Stephanie, "You don't have to."

"I insist," Stephanie said, "Let me at least order a pizza."

"Pizza does sound kind of good right now, I won't lie," Riley said.

Stephanie laughed, "I'll order one now. It'll be out here, whenever you want to grab a slice."

Riley and I went into my bedroom, and closed the door, with Sunshine behind us.

We sat down on my bed, and Riley laid back against my pillow, "I'm not going to lie, I'm in a lot of pain after sitting in the car for close to two hours. How do you feel?"

"My face just really hurts," I said, "Around my eye is the worst. I'm going to take some tylenol soon. Even though it can only do so much."

Riley looked at me and said, "That's how I feel. It probably won't do much. I didn't want the Doctor to prescribe me heavy-duty pain meds though. Guess we'll just have to ride it out."

"How long will it take...for your ribs to heal?" I asked Riley.

"At least a month," Riley said, "It sucks, and I know it's the last thing I should be concerned about, but I can't go to the gym of course while I am healing."

"It's perfectly valid that you are upset about that," I said to her, "You love going to the gym."

Riley nodded, "I just know that mentally it would probably help right now. The gym helps me clear my head."

"You've had a hell of a month," I said to Riley, "I know the gym would help. But I'm here for whatever you need. I hope you know that."

"I know," Riley smiled at me gratefully, "I won't lie...I was a bit concerned at the hospital before I spoke to you that you would maybe not want to be with me anymore. I know you're not one hundred percent comfortable with your sexuality yet, and then for something like this to happen...I just worried you wouldn't think I was worth it anymore."

"Riley, look at me," I said to her, "You are always worth it to me, and you always will be. What happened to us has nothing to do with our relationship. It was awful, homophobic people."

"Even with your parents, too? You still think I'm worth it?"

I looked into Riley's pretty dark eyes and said, "No one makes me happier than you. No one makes me laugh and smile like you do. No one has cared for me the way you do. You mean the absolute world to me and I never want to lose you. I know that this is going to be difficult to get through. But I'm not going anywhere."

"Good," Riley smiled at me, "Because neither am I. Ever. I fully acknowledge that getting through this will be tough. It still doesn't feel real that it happened, I'm still quite numb from it, emotionally. But compared to how our future will look, it's bright in comparison to this."

I smiled softly at Riley, "And how does our future look?"

"Well, a little less depressing," Riley chuckled, "Can I tell you how it truly looks to me without freaking you out or anything?"

"I'm sure I've thought the same thing you have."

"Good. I hope you have. Our future looks like us, married, and living in a nice house. Eventually, I'd want to start a family, but that's eventually. But mainly, it's just us being happy. Within ourselves, and with each other. Knowing that we can get through whatever life throws at us."

"I've thought about that more than you know," I said to Riley, "I know that whatever life throws at us, we'll be able to get through because we have each other. Including this. No matter what, when I'm with you, everything feels like it's going to be okay."

Riley kissed my forehead and said, "That's because it will be. I promise."

I had no choice but to believe her.

I know you're right, Riley. You have to be.

A/N: I created this AI image of what is supposed to be Riley and Jenny outside of the hospital. Obviously I don't picture them to look exactly like this, and you don't have to either. Also, I couldn't quite get a black eye in the photo for Jenny lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 172 18
18 year old Emily and her mom moves to a new city. She has to face new challenges by finding new friends, going to a new school and finding a job. A...
119K 4.6K 28
Xiomara isn't having the best luck with dating. When it comes to her priorities, her life as a mother of four and a striving film director seems to b...
205K 6.1K 42
Life has been nothing but rough for 20 year old Alexis Anderson, she has a past filled with secrets ,hurts and betrayal. Moving away from home seem t...
186 20 15
17 year old Alex Cadwell never expected to find love at her new summer job, but when Chloe Stephens walks in the door, everything changes. Their conn...