Younger | Station 19

By ashlee_romanoff

follows the life of Aria Bishop. The youngest of the Bishop family. Andy Herrera x fem OC Slow burn All credi... More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine

sixteen

502 14 3
By ashlee_romanoff

*Aria's p.o.v*

I woke up this morning with my head hurting a bit. I'm thinking that it's just a headache. I stand up and I go into the kitchen to drink a piece of Tylenol. After I took the pill, I went and got a bowl out of the cabinet. I took out the milk from my fridge and I took out some cereal. I pour some cereal into the bowl and I pour some milk after. I picked up my bowl after I put the milk back in the fridge. I went over to the couch and I turned the tv on. I started watching a movie until I finished eating. I turned the tv off and I got into the shower. After I showered, I changed and I left my apartment to go to the station.

Once I walked into the station, it was empty as usual. I walked towards the locker room when I heard a faint crying sound. I look around confused since I saw nobody. I thought it was just in my head until I looked near my locker and I saw Vic. She was on the floor crying and I walked towards her. I sat down beside her and I wrapped my hands around her. She looked up at me and started to wipe her tears.

Vic: I forgot you came here early.

Me: Vic what's wrong?

Vic: Nothing it's ok

I looked at her knowing she was hiding something. She looked a little bit hurt still and I could see that she still wanted to cry.

Me: You don't have to tell me anything. I can see in your face that you still want to cry so just do it. Cry, I won't leave.

She played her head on my shoulder and she started to cry again. I started to rub her shoulders and we just sat there for a couple minutes. When she was done, she wiped her tears and she stood up.

Vic: Thank you

Me: Of course *I smiled at her*

Vic: Hey, can we not tell anyone about this?

Me: Of course. You know I am your little secret keeper nowadays 

Vic: *laughs a bit* That was a good one

I smiled and laughed a little bit. I watched as she left the locker room and I went towards my locker. I opened it and I placed my backpack inside. I took out my uniform and I put it on. After I had changed, I went and I walked towards the beanery. No one was there except Andy.

Andy: Little Bishop, you're with me and Maya in the Aid Car today

Me: I thought 2 people are only supposed to be able to ride in the Aid Car?

Andy: Yeah, but not today. We need your help since were going to homeless shelters today to give out vaccines.

Me: Fine 

I watched as she sat down and started to eat. I looked around and still saw nobody around. After Andy finished eating, she called Maya and I so that we can start heading to the shelters. I got in the back of the Aid Car as Andy and Maya sat in the front.

Andy: How are you guys feeling about maybe seeing your brother?

Me: What are you talking about? Is that why you made me come with you today?

Maya: Well, uh, he's either gonna look at us with "Long time no see, I missed you so much, sis" eyes, or "You abandoned me just like everyone else in my life, so I hate you now" eyes. No telling. It should be fun.

Me: Ignoring my question. Great.

When we made it to one of the shelters I got out of the car and I slammed the door. I started helping Andy out with the vaccines, since there was a lot of people. I looked up at her as she started speaking Spanish to some non-english speakers. I turn around when I heard a familiar voice talking. When I saw who it was I kept staring at them.

Mason: Your ambulance sure is nice and shiny.

Maya: *walks up to him* Mason. It's been a while. You look good.

Mason: You never were a good liar.

Me: *I walk up to them with Andy* Hi Mason

Mason: Aria?

Me: Yeah, do you remember the little sister you left?

Andy: Hey. I'm Andy *puts her hand out for him to shake* We can't stay long. We got to get back before shift starts. You want a Hepatitis vaccine before we go? They're quick and free.

Maya: No needles.

Mason: I'm-I'm good.

Andy: Okay, well, just let me know if you change your mind.

Mason: I'm not using. I haven't been for awhile.

Maya: I brought some stuff, in case I ran into you. Just food, blankets, clothes.

Mason: I don't want handouts.

Me: You heard the man Maya. He doesn't want anything.

Mason: I see that you don't like me either Aria. *looks back at Maya* I'm fine on my own.

Maya: You're not fine. You're living on the street.

Mason: So?

Maya: Come live with me. We can figure this out.

Mason: Why? Because you can't see me living like this? Because this isn't the life you imagined for your little brother? I have people that care about me. They just happen to live around here. I'm doing what makes me feel good. I'm painting again. I'm creating. Like you said, you guys haven't seen me in a long while.

Me: *under my breath* yeah after you abandoned me too

Mason: You guys don't know me or what I need.

Me: Mason, you know what I needed? I needed you, but you decided a long time ago to leave.

Maya: *looks at me and shakes her head* Mason. We care.

Mason: Then get off your freaking high horse and leave me alone. 

Maya and I watch him as he walks away and enters a tent. I looked at Maya and I see her as she walks back towards the ambulance. I shook my head and I rolled my eyes. I walked towards the ambulance and I closed the back doors shut. I sat down where I was sitting awhile ago and Maya started to drive us back to the station. It was a silent drive back and when we parked inside the barn I got out and I slammed the door shut.

Maya: Aria-

Me: No. Maya, I'm so sick of you always pushing things at me. I already told you that I didn't want to see him. Next thing I know you made me go with you guys to hand out stupid vaccines and he's gonna be there. Look, I don't care what you want to do with him or if you want to help him, but stop dragging him back into my life. It's bad enough that I have to be stuck with you here. 

I walked away and I went into the living room to calm down a bit. After I finally calmed down, I got out of the living room and I walked into the beanery. I saw Jack, Travis, Vic, Dean, and Ben all inside. They were drinking some coffee and eating sandwiches. I sat down at the end of the table and I listened in on their conversation.

Travis: What are we supposed to say to Herrera?

Vic: Well, I'd suggest you don't lead with, "Aw, I'm so sorry you blew your chance at a career you always wanted."

Me: What are you guys talking about?

Vic: What happened at the Captain's exam. She got placed last out of the other candidates

Me: Oh *I nod*

Dean: I don't understand. Tests are basically her favorite hobby. 

Jack: She made a tough call. I would've done the same thing.

Andy: *walks in with Maya* Morning, everybody

Me: *I look up and I saw Maya and I shake my head* here we go

Andy: Okay, no, no, we're not doing this. Yes, I failed the Incinerator, but I don't feel sorry for me, so you certainly don't get to. Got it? Warren and Montgomery, routine rig maintenance. Every vehicle, bumper to bumper. You know the drill. And we're coordinating with Seattle PD for the upcoming disaster simulation drill. Reps are stopping by later. Miller, I want you on that with me.

Dean: Yeah. Sounds good.

Andy: Everyone else, chores.

We all got up and walked away to do what she assigned us to do. I started to check on the tools. When I finished checking them I put them back where I found them and I moved on to the next chore. I hear some footsteps behind me and I turn around. It was Maya. I rolled my eyes and I turned around.

Maya: Aria-

Me: I'm fine. I'm just finishing up.

Maya: That's not what I ca-

Me: I don't care. *I put what was in my hand down* I finished *I walked away but she stopped me* 

Maya: Aria, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you Mason was gonna be there.

Me: I don't care. Seriously, I don't.

Maya: I know I haven't seen you in years, but I know when you're trying to push people away Aria.

Me: Like I said Maya. I'm okay.

I turned around and I saw Vic behind me. I shook my head and I started to walk away. I heard someone following me and I knew it was Vic.

Vic: Aria wait.

Me: I'm fine. You don't have to follow me.

Vic: Aria, just top for a second.

Me: Vic, unlike you I don't need help. So, just leave me alone. If you need me to help you calm down again I'll be here, but I don't need you.

I walked away and soon I heard no footsteps following me. I walked into the gym and I noticed no one was there. I go inside and I walk over to the treadmill. I get on it and I turn it on. I start off with a nice slow speed and I speed it up when I'm ready. I keep on running for a few minutes when I heard someone coming into the room. I turned towards the door and I saw Ben. I turned the treadmill off and I started to walk out.

Ben: Aria, wait.

Me: What? Did my sister send you here to talk to me?

Ben: No, Hughes did.

Me: Well, there's nothing wrong with me. I'm fine.

Ben: Who's Mason?

Me: No one. 

Ben: Look, I'm not gonna tell them anything. You look like you want to say things out loud but you don't. I'm just here to listen. *he closes the doors to the gym and sat down on the bench* So, you gonna tell me who Mason is?

Me: He-he's my brother

Ben: Why is your brother making you mad?

Me: He's not. Well maybe he is. I don't know. I ju- I want to forgive him-them. I want to forgive my siblings. It's just hard *pauses* to forget what they did to me. I do love them but right now I need to take care of myself before I forgive them.

I looked at Ben and I stood up. I opened the doors to the gym and I walked out. I went into the locker room and took a quick shower since I was very sweaty. After I showered, I changed into some new clothes and I sat down in the living room. I turned the tv on and I started to watch the news. The next thing I knew, I started to stare blankly at the wall. I didn't even notice people walking into the living room to watch tv. 

I get sucked back into reality when someone waved their hands in front of my face. I looked around and I saw most of them were in there. When I saw Vic and Maya, I stood up and left the room. I walked away and I sat down on the very top of the staircase.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 1.5K 41
Maya and Carina have gone through many challenging events throughout their life, but what happens when they lose someone they didn't expect? 1/17/22...
124K 3.5K 50
Skylar Montgomery had a rough past. Her drug and alcohol addiction started when she was 13 and continued for years until her brother saved her. Six y...
8.7K 186 20
Maya has just started working at Station 19 as a probie. What will happen she finds love, and is reunited with an important someone from her past?
14.6K 381 20
Mila Graham is a 21 year old female firefighter. She has been a new hire at station 19 for nine months, right after dean miller passed away... For a...