Adhira~ His Second Chance Love

By writeranamikaa

BOOK ONE of His Love series<3 Adhira Awasthi A single mother and a nursery teacher admires the things everyon... More

Introduction
00| Adhira
00|Akanksh
01| Hello?
02| Plan
03| The birthday (part 1)
04| The birthday (part 2)
05| Mehendi
06| Wedding
07| Gift
08| Mr Jerk
09| Reception
10| Pasta Fiasco
12| The meet
13| One day
Announcement- His Royal bride!
14| His caring side
15| The knowing game
announcement!
16| Intruder

11| Sick day

1.5K 112 12
By writeranamikaa

Adhira's POV

"I have given him the shot, so there won't be any major consequences. It's a relief that he took his allergic medication beforehand or else he would've been hospitalized by now" said the family doctor, Mr Vijay Bansal while packing up his bag.

As soon as I told mumma regarding Akanksh's health, she woke up all the elders of the house and called Vijay who was familiar with Akanksh's allergic reactions.

"Okay then I'll take a leave" Mr Bansal said and papa along with chote papa went to drop him outside.

"Mumma i didn't know he was allergic to cheese.....I am so sorry" a year slipped from my eye which made mumma engulf me in a hug.

"It's okay, he is fine and you didn't know about it" mumma said while caressing my hairs.

"Yes, also it was Akanksh's carelessness, he should have been aware of what he is having" choti mumma said.

Soon everyone went to their respective rooms and I was the only one with Akanksh in our room.

I locked the door from the inside and walked towards the bed "Samjh nhi araha ki aap pe gussa karu ya bura feel Karu" I applied wet towel on his forehead in hopes that it will reduce his temperature.

He groaned due to uneasiness. His cheeks has a pinkish hue which made him look ten times prettier.

Well I did marry a handsome man

I climbed up the bed beside him and started stroking his shiny black hair. I swear they were so soft and lustrous, just like models hair on those shampoo commercials.

I didn't even realise when I feel asleep but I was woken up by many giggling sounds?

"Dekh utha Diya tune bhabhi sa ko"

"Maine? Chudail ki tarah hass tu rhi thi, aur naam mera?"

"Bacche ho kya tum dono, Bhai Sa ki tabiyat theek nahi aur yaha tum hass rhe ho?"

I opened my eyes and got a mini heart when I saw three pairs of eyes oggling me.

It was Ishan, Ekta and Arhan.

They were standing there with guilty expression on their faces. Ekta had a Polaroid camera in one one and the other was pulling Arhan's hair. Arhan however had a developing picture in one hand and one was pulling Ekta's hand off his hairs.

"Don't look at me like that Bhabhi Sa, they were fighting!" Ishan exclaimed while his hands were up, as in surrendering to Adhira.

"Why this early in the morning-" I tried to get out of bed but my legs were sore?

I looked down to see that Akanksh's head was on my thighs, along with his hands and legs wrapped around my legs.

He was sleeping so peacefully, like a baby.

I checked his temperature and surprisingly it was almost back to normal, i smiled a little and started combing my fingers through his hairs and 'click'.

There goes one picture again, i thought.

"Sorry bhabhi sa but what is my fault if you both are so cute together?" She kept the photos on the bed and the three bandar ran away.

Ekta is going to get a good scolding by me, that's for sure.

I gently moved Akanksh off of me and went straight towards the end of the bed where Ekta had kept the pictures.

I looked at the first picture which was almost developed. I was sleeping with my mouth open and Akanksh was, well wrapped around me, my hand in his hair just made it a picture perfect photo.

This is a picture I'll probably cherish forever, so I just tuck them in my favourite book which was kept on my coffee table.

As I was already awake and didn't want to go back to sleep, i got ready for the day. Today is my last pay leave so that means I'll be going back to work from tomorrow.

My outfit of the day is quite simple. A dark green kurti along with white leggings and dupatta. I applied vermillion, bindi and wore my nuptial chain to complete the look.

"Aap uth gaye?" Akanksh was proped up  against the bed and sipping.... coffee?

"Why are you drinking coffee when you are clearly not well?" I questioned and snatched the cup away from his hand.

He looked at me as if I have snatched a toffee out of a kids hand.

"Don't give me this stare, here drink this kadha, mumma made this for you"

"No, I am not drinking that. Ever." He said while giving me the 'Mr Akanksh Singh Chauhan's famous deathstare'.

That's when the door opened and the kids came running in along with a bag in their hands.

"Good morning chungu mungu's!" I said and give them a big kiss on their forehead.

"Good morning mumma!"

Aren't my kids the cutest?

"Do you have fever?" Aradhya asked, as she slumped and laid down beside Akanksh's arm.

"No? What would happen to me?" He replied.

"Maybe you had too many sweets papa" Ayaan said innocently and I smiled.

"So we are going to treat you today!" Aradhya opened her bag and took out a stethoscope and handed Ayaan an injection. They were trying to play doctor doctor?

This made me smirk and settle down beside Ayaan "Dr Ayaan, i think he should have some medicine right?" I blinked innocently at him and he nodded "yes nurse! Give the patient some medicine"

Now that's called strategy. If i could, i would have danced because the look he was giving me couldn't help him in any way.

I brought the cup close to his mouth but he was sitting there, without any movement. So I tipped the cup towards his lips and waited for him to take a sip

"Say aa Akanksh"

"Say aaaaaaa" kids chimed after me and the 'peer pressure', finally made him drink it.

At first he took gradual sips but then he snatched the cup out of my hands and started chugging the tea down while he closed his nose from the other.

"Aaaa, very good patient Akanksh" I giggled and took the cup out of his grasp and went downstairs to the kitchen all while, the kids were still trying to 'treat him'.

"Good morning mumma" I said and hugged her from behind. She kissed my forehead and turned around to look at me. I proudly showed her the empty glass that Akanksh gulped down in a minute.

"How! He drank it all?" And I nodded "he can't say no infront of kids can he?" And she laughed at this.

✿⁠  ✿⁠  ✿⁠ 

After I cooked kidchi for Akanksh, I went in to our room where Akanksh was typing away on his computer.

"Why are you working? You still have fever" he grumbled but didn't stop typing.

Is he on his periods? Cause damn even I ain't that dramatic.

Drama queen

"Atleast have your food? Maa made it. She will feel bad na?" I tried emotional blackmail on him and this worked too. Truely, he'll do anything for mumma.

I served him some on a plate and tried to hand over the plate but he didn't take it.

"Take it?" I said but he just opened his mouth a little. Ahhh I got what he is trying to do.

"I have to send it to an important client and this would save time. And time for me is money so.....I promise I'll rest and won't do anything for the rest of the day"

"Is this a deal Mr Akanksh Singh Chauhan?"

"It is Mrs Adhira Akanksh Singh Chauhan" I blushed when he said my full name. Strangely it sounds better from his mouth rather than me or anyone saying it out loud.

So I picked up the spoon and started feeding him like a baby. To be honest this wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be so we just silently continued to do this until Akanksh had finished all the food.

After sometime I checked my phone for any texts from maa or papa but instead there was an unknown message.

Unknown

Hey! I am Jeevika!
Hope you still remember me?
Well I really enjoyed your
company in that short time
And if you would like, can we
Meet again soon?

No pressure honestly.

Me

Hi! Well I would really love that!
Would the 'Cafeshafe ' work
for you?

Jeevika

Totally! Can't wait to meet
You!

'you reacted '❤️' to Totally!......'

"Today I am going out with a friend!"

......

Umm what should I wear!

Ugh I so have to go shopping like seriously I don't own any decent clothes!

Actually I never have clothes when I finally need them. I have to make a good impression infront of her.

To be honest I am just over doing my self but I just had Priya for all I know as a friend, so I just never tried?

Well I can call Priya.....

'Well well well, so the miss nayi naveli Royal bride, finally had time to call this dasi? Not bad Awasthi, not bad'

I smiled at her antics. She knows how to make anyone's day.

'I am sorry but in between so much work and settling everything, i didn't have any time left'

'I am joking Adhira, accha tell me what happened?' she is a witch! Like she always knows what my problems are.

'Well I am going to meet a new friend? Like I don't know her well but it does get lonely at Rajsthan when u are at Delhi....so outfit?"

After half an hour of struggling I was finally ready.

I wore one of my favourite dresses along with black heels and a blue headband. I even carried a black bag so that it compliments my shoe.

" What have you done to our closest Adhira?" I looked back and saw Akanksh looking at the room with a scrowl on his face.

Well I had to find this particular dress....and if was under a pile of clothes......so everything just got messed up?

"I promise I'll clean it later? I am getting late....." I mumbled and dashed out of there as fast as my sandals would have allowed me. Thankfully I didn't wear any heels.

Then I remembered something and ran back inside the closet.

I stood infront of Akanksh and rose on my toes so that I am able to touch his forehead with my back of the hand.

I forgot to ask him his temperature.

"You are going to lie down and sleep. You still have fever and I'll tell Choti mumma so that she can give you another kadha, drink it okay? I'll ask our kids if you didn't. Also here are your meds that you have to take right now. Don't even think of going to the office and rest if you can..... I'll send the kids in so that you don't start the work from home schedule. Mumma's strict order. " then I flicked his forehead and rushed out the room.

I didn't know that I left a stunned Akanksh back at the closet.

✿⁠  ✿⁠  ✿⁠ 

Next update, today evening guys! That chapter took too long so I want to post it as early as possible!

It took me so long to actually publish this💀

Vote!❤️✨

~Anamika

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 5K 8
"Do you think I will be pregnant ??" He looks at her with wide eyes. "Are you crazy??? Why the hell will you be pregnant??" He yelled. "Huh...!!" She...
1.7M 88.3K 65
[Completed] #1 in Romance (05-Jan-21) #1 in India (25-Apr-22) #5 in Humor (25-Mar-21) ❝For the world, it was a love marriage. But for them it was ne...
164K 8.6K 29
"To the heartbeat that quickens at your touch, a melody only our souls can truly dance to......." IZHAAR: Sanity to my Insanity and Peace to my Chaos...
49K 1.9K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...