Catching Feelings- Leah Willi...

By amelieshep94

The conflict between team mates Leah Williamson and Hailey Webster is taking over the media. To make peace w... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
New Book 👀
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Authors Note
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Author's Note
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
New book 👀
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Twenty-One

3.4K 94 0
By amelieshep94

I take a seat on the other bed that is mine and I stare at Katie, waiting for an explanation. 

"You were too busy off on your date with her to stick around and hear that there weren't enough rooms for all of us to have our own room so some of us have had to double up" Katie says laying down staring at the ceiling. 

"Right" I sigh but it comes out as if im annoyed. 

"If anything, I didnt expect you to show up at all" Katie sits up a bit, leaning on her elbows, "I thought you would be sneaking in to share with Leah"

Shit. What do I say to that?

I sit on my hands in order not to nervously play with my fingers as I come up with an excuse.

"She didnt offer you to stay with eher?" Katie asks suspiciously. 

"No, she did... I just refused"

"Why? Dont you want to spend time with your girlfriend?" she asks with an annoyed filled voice. 

"I was with Leah just now.  I dont have to spend all of my time with her"

"And you'd rather stay in a hotel room with me that your girlfriend? Katie raises her eyebrows.

"Your nice company" I shrug. 

Katie only looks at me, like she's trying to figure me out.  I look away, scared that with just one look she will be able to figure out all my deepest secrets. 

"Have you eaten yet?" she finally breaks the silence while I look through my suitcase for something to change into. 

As im doing so, I come across Leah's hoodie, the one she gave to me when we bumped into each other at the pitch during the night.  The hoodie I never returned to her.  I take a minute to ask myself why I even brought it with me but I can't find a reason as to why. 

I take it out of the suitcase and throw it on my bed to change into later. 

"No, I haven't eaten yet" I answer Katies question. 

"I'll order something downstairs" she gets up from the bed, walking towards the door, "I'll let you get changed"

Once im left alone, I walk into the bathroom, putting Leah's hoodie on which is huge on me and still smells like her.  I get ready for bed and I lay down, going to Leah's contact, unblocking her number before I forget to. 

Why do I think so much about her? Lately, Leah has invaded my brain, refusing to leave.  Im unable to do one simple, every day task without thinking about those beautiful green eyes.  What is wrong with me?

The hotel door opening interrupts my thoughts and Katie walks in with a box in her hands. 

"I got pizza" she walks closer "Is that alright?"

"Yeah it's fine" I say and grab the box when she offers it. 

"Aren't you going to eat with me?" I ask Katie, who has taken her previous place on her bed. 

"I already ate"

Katie literally went downstairs just to get food for me because I hadn't eaten yet, and she did all of it while being mad at me.  She truly must care. 

I start eating a slice of pizza.  Katie's gaze on me the entire time. 

"How could you forgive her so easily?" Katie asks and I almost burn my tongue, "after all she did to you?"

"Everyone deserves a second chance" I answer honestly.

It wasn't easy forgiving Leah but she truly seemed sorry for her behaviour and as long as she doesn't treat me like that again, there's no bad blood between us. 

"Are you happy?" she suddenly asks

"What?" being so lost in thoughts, I couldn't hear what she just asked me.

"Does she make you happy?" Katies asks and I nod, "that's all that matters then"

Katie lies down, turning on the other side so her back is facing mine.  I let out a slow breath, closing my eyes, feeling tired from all the pressure in my life lately. 

When im done eating, I lay down on my side of the bed, trying to sleep even though my mind is wide awake.  So I let myself think of happier and simpler times and at some point sleep engulfs me.

Leah's POV

I put a hand through my hair, combing it with my fingers to look more presentable while standing outside Hailey's hotel room.

This morning, I woke up with an urge to see her, so I texted her to ask if we could have breakfast together but she's probably still asleep since she hasn't answered any of my messages.  That's the reason why im breaking a sweat outside her door right now.

Why am I so damn nervous?

I build up some courage and knock on the door.  I nervously tap my foot on the floor, waiting for her to open the door.  A smile appears on my face and there's a feeling of happiness blooming inside of me when I see the door slowly opening, revealing a sleepy Hailey, with messy bed hair. 

She looks like she's just woke up and yet she manages to still look beautiful.  This is definitely my favourite look on her. 

Damn

She's wearing just my hoodie.  Not just any hoodie but my favourite one.  I honestly thought she would have cut it into pieces or lit it up on fire. 

"Leah?" Hailey rubs her eyes, not sure if she's seeing this right.  Men at her door, "is it time for our date yet?" she asks and turns to look at the clock on the wall. 

"Nice hoodie" I tease, wanting to get a reaction out of her, but she rolls her eyes at me.

"I dont have the energy to put up with you right now" she says, walking towards her bed and plunging under the covers again. 

I chuckle at her actions but my smile disappears in a matter of second when I see a second bed in the room, unmade. 

What the hell?

"Were you alone last night?" I ask, scared to hear her answer.

"She was with me"

A third voice echoes the room, making my blood turn cold.  I slowly turn my head, not wanting to believe my ears, praying that I was just hallucinating. 

Katie walks out of the bathroom in just a sports bra and shorts. 

Out of all the people... why didi it have to be her?

Something inside of me lights up on fire when looking at her in front of me.  The middle of my chest feels like it is burning so much that it hurts.

What is this unexplainable feeling aching from inside of me? Jealousy? It can't be that, she's not even really mine.

Whatever im feeling makes me want to do nothing but punch Katie in the face.  I look at Katie and then towards Hailey, who's sitting up in bed. 

There has to be an explanation...

"What is she doing in here?" I ask Hailey, while pointing my finger at Katie, anger visible in my voice. 

"I actually slept-" Katie begins to say, only to be interrupted by me. 

"I wasn't talking to you" I furrow my brows.

"Katie" Hailey finally speaks up, "Could you give us a minute?"

"Are you sure?" Katie looks at me and then back at her.  I can tell by her body language that she doesn't want to leave her alone in a room with me. 

I might be angry but I wouldnt hurt her.  Does she actually think I would hurt her?

"I'm sure" Hailey says and Katie grabs a hoodie and walking out. 

Hailey walks towards the door, closing it so we're the only people in the room.

We stare at each other for some time and I fold my arms around my chest, waiting for an explanation. 

"You can drop the angry girlfriend act" she says and starts walking past me, "she definitely bought it"

I grab her forearm lightly, stopping her in place. Hailey looks confused at my hand on her and then looks up at me. 

"Let me ask you again" I try speaking more calmly this time, "what was she doing here?"

"You can't be serious right now" she scoffs and removes my hand away, walking towards the suitcase that's on the floor.

I know I dont have the right to know... her life outside of the pr contract is none of my business.  I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it, I have to ask.  I know this might make things worse, but I have to know. I need to know.

"Did you fuck her?"

I can see her freeze in place.  My words linger in the air and I hold my breath, waiting for a response. 

Just the thought of the two of them together makes me want to throw up. 

"Why are you acting like this?" Hailey asks and gets up, standing in front of me, "we were fine yesterday?"

"Yes or no Hailey, this is all im asking" my voice raises but im fighting the urge to scream in her face. 

"Of course I didnt! We slept in the same room just like some of the other girls! There weren't enough rooms for everyone to have one of their own so some of us got double up. We slept in separate beds" she points at the unmade beds. 

Her voice is sincere but do I really believe her? It's Katie we're talking about. 

"You could have asked to share with someone else" I tell her because I trust every other girl on this team a thousand times more. 

"Are you hearing yourself?" Hailey asks in disbelief.

"You could have came to my room!" I fail to contain my temper. 

"I obviously couldn't" she looks me up and down, as if she can't stand me right now. 

I can't blame her. I fucked up. Again.

I let out a long sigh, rubbing my forehead because I can feel a headache kicking in.  How do I make this right now?

"She's not who you think she is" I try explaining to her, warning her, "you'll only end up getting hurt"

"Katie has done nothing to hurt me" she stops talking but I know what she's not saying. 

Katie hasn't hurt her, unlike me... but im only trying to look out for her. 

"Hails..."

"Dont!" she stops me, facing away. 

If only she could give me a chance to explain.

"You need to leave so I can get ready"

"Where are you going?"

"That's none of your business Williamson" she says and It feels like someone just hit me in the gut.

And we're back to square one; calling each other by our surnames

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 4.7K 50
Lioness captain, Leah Williamson, is finally heading off to Ibiza after coming off a Euros win. She's there with some of her closest friends, who enc...
67.7K 2.3K 33
Courtney is trying to find her way in the new city and a new way of life. Leah is trying to figure out where she fits in her club, in her team since...
66.9K 1.9K 35
Rosalie had to leave London after having her heart broken. Years later, Rosalie is back with a content attitude and a childish four year old. She fi...
1.1M 25K 150
Sophie Kelly is a 26 year old solicitor living in the countryside to avoid the hustle and bustle of city life. When a storm grounds transport in Ire...