Chapter Eighteen

Excitement is usually all I feel during away games, however as im disembarking the coach, all im able to feel is overwhelmed. 

"There is a press conference you need to attend..." Jonas follows behind me and informs me, "oh and you also have to go on a date with Leah"

I almost choke on the water im drinking. 

"Are you alright?" Jonas asks as I start coughing.

"Who agreed to this?" I barely manage to ask. 

"Well I talked to Leah and she's all in" he says and starts going through his phone, "she even said she was going to take care of everything"

"Great" I say sarcastically. 

"Hailey" he sighs, "this date is not only happening so people can spot you together, its also because you need to get to know each other better"

"I know her enough" I say and shrug.

"Its not enough if you want people to actually believe you"

Apparently I have to sit through whatever hell Leah has decided to put me through and I dont even have a say in it. 

***  ***

As the girls start to get on the coach for our journey to Liverpool, an annoying voice fills my ears and I feel like I want to rip them off, "good morning baby"

I just groan and turn around to face her.

"You sound just as excited as I am to see you" she says with a bored tone, "I came to sit next to my girlfriend who forgot to text me last night" she says, emphasising the word 'girlfriend'

"Oh" I chuckle "you know I wasn't actually serious when I said I was going to text you"

'Its not funny" Leah looks at me with a serious look, "I even messaged you myself and I stayed up all night waiting for a reply... worrying about you"

Now that she mentioned it, she doesn't look a bit tired.  But she can't be serious.  She didnt really expect me to text her after what she said to me last night.  What I dont tell her is that I have actually blocked her number. 

":Be careful" I say raising my eyebrows, "you're starting to sound like you care"

I hear her curse under her breath as she pinches the bridge of her nose.  I smile, proud of myself for getting under her skin. 

"Im only looking out for myself, if anything had happened to you it would have been on me"

"Im health, living and breathing standing in front of you" I pay her forearm, "you can thank me later"

"Just take it" Leah says and hands me the cup she is holding. 

"Did you actually bring me coffee?" I ask surprised.

"Please just take it, I dont have all day"

Forgive me for always expecting the least from her. 

I reach to take the coffee from Leagh and as I do, our finger brush together slightly.  I immediately pull my hand away but my body still aches for the contact. 

'How do I know you haven't poisoned it?" I joke which earns me an eye roll. 

She moves closer, taking the cup back from me, placing it on her lips and taking a sip. 

"See, have a little faith in me" she says but I can't concentrate.

All I can focus on is the way her lips graze over the edges of the cup or how she slowly wets her lips after taking the sip.