Catching Feelings- Leah Willi...

By amelieshep94

The conflict between team mates Leah Williamson and Hailey Webster is taking over the media. To make peace w... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
New Book 👀
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Authors Note
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Author's Note
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
New book 👀
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Sixteen

3.5K 88 2
By amelieshep94

liked by bethmead, kimlittle, jenbeattie and others

haileywebster: It would be rude not to celebrate my winning goal 😜🥂

Caitlin walks beside me, both of us making our way down the stairs where Leah and Lia are waiting outside the apartment complex. 

I take a look at Leah, but then immediately shift my attention to where I'm walking, afraid that I might fall from staring at her too long.  

Lia approaches Caitlin, with a bright smile on her face, complimenting her and giving her a light peck on the lips. 

I wonder what it feels like, to be loves like that by someone.  It seems so easy but it is completely hard for me whenever I try.

The couple turn their heads towards us, waiting for a greeting from both me and Leah.  I just stand there, not knowing what to do, I know I should hug Leah, or kiss her, or say 'hi', or do something other than look dumbfounded but its hard when Leah seems like she is frozen in place.  All I manage to offer is a small smile. 

Leah just stands there, her mouth slightly open like she is in awe, looking at me.  My self esteem starts running low because of the way she is staring at me.  I can't read her expression, I can't figure out what is going through her mind right now. 

"Mate?" Lia hits Leah in the ribs with her elbow, bringing her back to reality. 

"Ehem" Leah clears her throat and blinks a few times, "sorry baby" she says and puts her arm around me, her grip tight around my waist, pulling me closer and towards her. 

I almost flinch at her nickname.  I try to remind myself that it's not real, that she doesn't actually mean it but as she slowly caresses my lower back.

Once I'm in her embrace, close enough to smell her perfume, Leah presses her lips to my cheek, giving me a soft kiss and taking me completely by surprise. 

"You look absolutely breathtaking" she compliments loud enough for our friends to hear.  She looks in my eyes as she says it and a part of me wonders if she actually meant it. 

Suddenly Lia pulls out a red rose, with a ribbon on the stem, gently and carefully prepared beforehand.  She gives it to Caitlin as her eyes light up and I can feel Leah stiffen beside me while letting out a long sigh. 

"Sorry" she says and I turn to look at her, "I forgot"

"Its fine" I gently say.

It's not like I was expecting Leah to show up with flowers or anything for me. For this reason, I'm not disappointed.

We all start walking towards our cars that are parked next to each other. 

Leah takes my hand in hers, guiding me towards her car but lets go as soon as Lia and Caitlin aren't looking.  She opens the car door for me, just in case there are any photographers around and helps me into the car before making her way around towards the drivers seat.  Silence fills the car as soon as she gets in and I try to think of something to say that might ease the situation we are in. 

I look out of the window the entire drive.

***   ***

Camera lights are flashed at us when we arrive at a luxurious club.  I reach for the car door, but Leah takes my wrist, stopping me. 

"Wait here" she says and gets out of the car, making her way towards my side as more photos are taken. 

I've never had someone take care of me in this way.  Which is funny to think.  Leah is doing the bare minimum.  I'm the one who clearly is not used to all of this. 

After opening the car door for me, she offers her hand to help me out when I realise that my dress has rolled up from sitting down. 

I immediately reach at the bottom of it, scared that pictures are being taken even though nothing alarming is showing.  I pull it down to adjust it and Leah steps in front of me, her hands resting on my waist as her body is blocking me from the cameras. 

"All good?" she asks, looking down at my dress and my fade turns a little red. 

"Yeah" I barely manage to say and we both turn, now facing the entrance of the club. 

A feeling of uneasiness washes over me, making me feel a bit anxious with all the people around me so I unintentionally cling closer to Leah.  Her thumb starts stroking my waist which calms me down.  I wonder if she can feel me tensed up and is trying to calm me down. 

This is the first time we've gone out together in public, officially as a 'couple'.  

Leah leans in, brushing my hair off my shoulders and kisses my neck, just below my ear.  It happens very quick but the warmth of her lips can still be felt where she kissed me and I let out the small breath that I was holding. 

"Smile for the cameras" her voice is cold, but her body language is the opposite.

She is good at this pretend thing. 

I out on the best smile that I've got and by the time we're walking inside, my cheeks are aching. 

"The IT couple have arrived!" Jen shouts as soon as she sees us, making everyone who is seated at a long table turn their heads to look at us. 

Cheers and claps welcome us as we approach them, making my body explode in goosebumps. 

I dont think I'm ready to do this.  I genuinely feel like I might throw up.  I take a look at Leah beside me, but she looks so calm. 

When we get to the table, everyone greets us and gives us huge smiles, making me feel more at ease.  For some reason, I thought they wouldnt approve of this, of our 'relationship', but they all seem so happy for us. Except for one. 

Katie is sitting at the end of the table, she doesn't get up to greet us or even congratulate me for my goal.  Her face is emotionless, not its usual smiling one, which makes me feel even worse.  I wish she would come up to me, scream at me or do something other than pretend that im not here.  Our eyes lock for a moment and when I see the pain in them, I curse myself a hundred times as guilt fills me from the inside. 

Suddenly, Katie gets up from her seat, walking away from the others. 

"Katie, wait!" I shout and start walking towards her but a grip on my forearm stops me. 

"Come sit next to me baby"

Leah mulls out a chair next to hers.  I look towards where Katie is walking off to and then back to Leah, who raises her eyebrows at me.  Everyone is also staring, so I decide to sit down instead.  Hopefully I can try talk to Katie later. 

"Is something going on between you and Katie?" Leah whispers, her head in my neck, making sure that no one else is listening, "I've seen you both before, and you seem close, but is it serious?"

"As if I would tell you"

"So there is something between you two?" Leah looks at me this time I bite my tongue.

I'm not going to tell her that there might be something going on between me and Katie because first of all, I'm not sure myself and second of all, I'm not a hundred percent sure that she won't run her mouth to the media, destroying my career when it has barely even started. 

"It's none of your business 'baby' I taunt. 

"Im your girlfriend" she begins to say and grabs a lock of my hair, pulling it behind my ear, "I feel like I have the right to know this little detail"

"Since you're practically begging me to tell you..." I grab her hand, pulling it away from me, "no, there's nothing going on"

"Good" Leah shifts a little in her seat, taking her drink and taking a sip, "I dont like sharing"

I turn my head to look at her, unsure if I heard her right but she avoids my gaze. 

"I can't believe you two are dating" Kim says, bringing the attention on her.  She tries to contain her laughter, slightly shaking her head in disbelief. 

You and me both dude.

I kindly smile at her and then reach for my glass of champagne on the table, taking a sip because I will need some alcohol to survive the night.

"Well I can" Beth suddenly says while taking a sip of her own drink. 

"How come?" I as intrigued by her words. 

Since the first moment we met, it was clear to everyone that me and Leah didn't really get along.  We didn't like each other but that was all it was at first.  Then we started having arguments about small things which turned messy because of our competitiveness.  It seemed like we would gladly get rid of each other if we got the chance so honestly, I dont blame people if they think that it's unbelievable that we're dating. 

"I always suspected something was going on between you two" Beth says, pointing her finger at us, "I mean it was so damn obvious, the tension... the stolen glances you gave each other and Leah wouldnt stop talking about you"

I almost choke on my drink.

"It was always Hailey this, Hailey that..."

"Beth mate, I think that's enough" Leah interrupts her, her face slightly flushed with embarrassment. 

"It was so annoying" Beth chuckles. 

"Honestly Hailey?" Vic says, turning to me, "I'm very hurt that I wasn't the first to know" she puts her hand over her chest, pretending to be hurt. 

"Sorry Vic, if I could tell anyone, you'd be the first to know" I wink at her. 

"No, but seriously, why didnt you guys tell anyone?" Kim asks

"Ugh well we-" I begin to say but Leah interrupts me.

"I wanted to keep her all to myself for a bit longer" her hand lands on my shoulder, pulling me in a bit towards her, "Is that such a crime?"

Before I can think my actions through, I lean in and kiss her cheek.  Leah smiles at me, her dimples showing.  This really is a rare sight so I continue looking at her, taking everything in.  A bit of my lipstick has stained her cheek, leaving my lips imprinted there.  I reach with my thumb, trying to clean it up but Leah removes my hand. 

"Dont wipe it, leave it there"

Leah turns, striking conversation with Lia, but I can't look away.  Why does she have to be so freaking flawless? It makes everything so much harder. 

Katie then returns to her seat and my eyes land on her.  I try getting her attention but she won't look my way.  Besides the uneasiness that has settled in my stomach, I can feel a hand placed on my thigh.  Leah's grip tightens a little when she realises Katie has returned to the table. 

Thankfully, the attention drifts away from me and Leah and we all begin talking about todays game.  The entire place fills up with laughter and for the first time in a while I can feel myself loosen up a little; feel more secure, more like myself around people.  I feel like I belong here. 

"Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom" I excuse myself when I get the urge to pee.

"Are you okay?" Leah asks. 

"Yeah im fine, just had too much champagne"

"Do you want me to come with you?" Caitlin asks, already getting up.

"It's alright, you should stay with Lia" I say and chuckle when I see her girlfriend sleeping on the couch. 

I walk towards the bathroom slowly, the drinks I had making it hard for me to contain my balance.

Leah didn't let me have too many drinks so why do I feel drunk?

As soon as I enter the bathroom, someone else gets in, locking the door behind them

"Why are you here?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 11.1K 41
After a viral TikTok of Leah Williamson's Smash or Pass game on a radio show, the England captain has taken interest of one of the biggest pop stars...
38.5K 994 18
Who knew signing to a new club would result in two contracts. When Leah Williamson comes to you with a no strings attached contract you can't help bu...
362K 4.8K 59
When a new player, who had a bit of a fall out on the pitch with Leah Williamson, joins Arsenal.... Will they get along or will it cause another fall...
117K 1.8K 32
Sophia Jones is the new signing at Arsenal. What if she feels drawn to a certain blonde. Is Leah Williamson the love she was searching for the past y...