How to Train Your Dragon x Ma...

由 Hauntez

Follow the story of Y/n L/n, a young viking man who is quite famous in Berk as one of the strongest and smart... 更多

Bio + Love Interests
How to Train Your Dragon
M1, Chapter 1
M1, Chapter 2
M1, Chapter 3
M1, Chapter 4
M1, Chapter 5
M1, Chapter 6
M1, Chapter 7
Dragons: Race to The Edge
Bio + Love Interests
Season 1
S1, Ep 1: Dragon Eye of the Beholder, Part 1
S1, Ep 2: Dragon eye of the beholder, Part 2
S1, Ep 3: Imperfect Harmony
S1, Ep 4: When Darkness Falls
S1, Ep 5: Gone Gustav Gone
S1, Ep 6: Reign of Fireworms

M1, Chapter 8

1.4K 50 6
由 Hauntez

Open Sea

(The armada coasts toward a shroud of heavy fog, hung like drapes from a low-hanging, ominous sky. The ships enter, one by one. Visibility drops immediately. Flanking ships becomes ghosts. The armada disappears, drawn into the blinding mist.

Complete whiteout. Nothing remains but the eerie creaking of wood on water. Stoick is at the bow of his ship. He taps his fingers on the gunwale, then looks back at Toothless impatiently. Weighed down with chains, Toothless seems unresponsive)

Stoick: Sound your positions. Stay within earshot.

(Shouts pour in from all directions)

Viking 1: Here.

Viking 2: One length to your stern.

Viking 3: On your starboard flank.

Viking 4: Three widths to port.

Viking 5: Ahead, at your bow.

Viking 6: Haven't a clue.

(Stoick is straining into the fog as the calls continue. Massive, jagged sea stacks begin to emerge, threatening to rip the ships to shreds. Gobber approaches him, speaking under his breath)

Gobber: Listen... Stoick... I was overhearing some of the men just now and, well, some of them are wondering what it is we're up to here, not me of course, I know you're always the man with the plan but some, not me, are wondering if there is in fact a plan at all, what it might be?

Stoick: Find the nest and take it.

Gobber: Ah. Of course. Send them running. The old Viking fall-back. Nice and simple.

Stoick: Shhh.

(Stoick notices that Toothless' ear plates are at the alert, quietly reacting to inaudible sounds. Stoick crosses to the stern of the ship and grabs the tiller, moving the helmsman out of the way)

Stoick: Step aside.

(Stoick pulls the ship into a turn, covertly following Toothless' head movements. The ship barely misses a jagged outcrop that suddenly appears out of the soupy fog)

Viking 7: Bear to port.

(The order is called out from ship to ship. CRUNCH! The bow barely makes it past another sea stack. Stoick continues to follow Toothless' cues, undeterred)

Berk - Traning Grounds

(Hicca raises the bolt on the Monstrous Nightmare's pen)

Fishlegs: If you're planning on getting eaten, I'd definitely go with the Gronckle.

(Hicca turns to see her fellow recruits, watching her with folded arms. Tuffnut steps forward with a scowl)

Tuffnut: You were wise to seek help from the world's most deadly weapon. It's me.

Hicca: Uh...

Snotlout: I love this plan.

Hicca: I didn't...

Ruffnut: You're crazy. I like that.

(Astrid grabs Ruffnut by her face and shoves her away. Astrid smiles at Hicca)

Astrid: So? What is the plan?

(Hicca smiles, glowing in the support of her friends. Suddenly the roar of Fafnir is heard by the teens, Hicca and Astrid look up and smile while the other teens eyes widen in shock and fright as Fafnir and Y/n land onto the arena)

Y/n: So I was right, you all are coming.

Hicca: What took you so long?

Y/n: Fafnir. He was taking a looooong nap and I had to go through every method to wake him up.

(Fafnir groans. Fishlegs squels and looks at Y/n with a huge smile on his face)

Fishlegs: Y/n! Is this a real actual Skrill?!

Y/n: You know it Fishlegs.

Snotlout: How are you not dead?!

Y/n: Eh. It took me years but eventually he warmed up to me.

(Y/n hops off of Fafnir's back and looks at everyone with a smirk)

Y/n: So! Who's up for some dragon training?

Foggy Sea

(The ships follow in line through the gauntlet of rocks as orders are whispered from ship to ship. A dragon head looms out of the fog. The men recoil... only to discover that it's a wrecked ship, impaled high on a gnarled sea stack)

Gobber: Ah. I was wondering where that went.

Dragon Island

(A clicking buzz becomes audible, growing louder. It fills the sky, converging in one general direction. Stoick sniffs the air)

Stoick: Stay low and ready your weapons.

(Stoick's ship suddenly Jjerks to a halt as the keel burrows into shallow black sand. Stoick hops overboard, landing on a sprawling beach. The buzzing suddenly stops. Above him, a craggy volcano towers into the gloom)

Stoick: We're here.

(Behind him, several dragon-headed bows pierce the fog)

Berk - Traning Grounds

(Y/n steps back from the door, drawing the Monstrous Nightmare out of its cave. It snorts, stepping into the ring, calmed by Y/n's outstretched hand and his calm eyes, focused on him. The teens watch Y/n and the Nightmare bewildered, in awe)

Hicca: This never gets old.

(Snotlout nervously reaches for a spear laying near his foot. Astrid stops him)

Astrid: Uh-uh.

(Y/n slows to a stop in front of the teens, with the Nightmare inches from him out stretched hand. He reaches over and grabs Snotlout's trembling hand)

Snotlout: Wait! What are you...

Y/n: Stop it. Relax. It's okay... it's okay.

(Y/n replaces his out stretched hand with Snotlout's, putting him in control of the massive beast. The Nightmare snorts, but remains calm. Snotlout, by contrast, chuckles nervously, it's at once terrifying and amazing. The others watch, spellbound. Y/n turns and walks away)

Snotlout: Where are you going?!

(Y/n pulls a bundle of rope from a supply box)

Y/n: You're going to need something to help you hold on.

(The teens eye each other apprehensively, and look up to reveal all the dragons standing in the ring, facing the teens expectantly)

Dragon Island

(The vikings sharpen tree trunks and plant them into the sand at angled rows. Boulders being loaded into catapult baskets. And a war plan being scratched in the sand. Stoick looms over it, looking determined. His generals are at his sides)

Stoick: When we crack this mountain open, all hell is going to break loose.

Gobber: In my undies. Good thing I brought extras.

(Stoick turns to face the men)

Stoick: No matter how this ends, it ends today.

(He walks toward the base of the volcano wall, back by several hundred warriors. He raises his arm and drops it. A line of catapults unleash their two-ton loads into the cliff wall. It cracks and flakes away. Several more hits tear away at the hollow shell of hardened lava. A final boulder shatters the fractured wall, creating a deep, dark opening to the cavern within. Silence.

Stock raises his hand, makes a gesture. A flaming bushel is launched into the dark, lighting the wall choked with dragons. Stoick pulls his hammer and rushes into the cave with war cry. In a chaotic flurry, the dragons suddenly rush out like bats from a cave. The take to the air, by passing the axe-swinging Vikings and fleeing the island in a mass exodus. The battle-ready Vikings drop their weapons, confused)

Gobber: Is that it?

(Above the island, dragons pour from every crevice, fleeing to the sky. The sound of screeching dragons fades and the vikings start cheering)

Spitelout: We've done it!

(Stoick doesn't celebrate. Something is not right. He hears something. Stoick turns to peer down the dark throat of the cavern. A deep, rumbling roar echoes from the cavern. The ground underfoot trembles. The ships rock. Their sails fill with a blast of air. The cheering stops. Stoick's expression sinks)

Stoick: This isn't over. Form your ranks! Hold together!

(The men scramble to organize themselves)

Stoick: Get clear!

(The ground cracks. Stone tears away, cascading like an avalanche. And through the settling debris, the silhouette ofa gargantuan dragon emerges, The Red Death. Stirred and furious)

Gobber: Beard of Thor... what is that?

Stoick: Odin help us. Catapults!

(The Vikings score direct hits. The burning stones bounce off the dragon's skin. The Red Death focuses on the catapults. It crushes the first one smashing it and its crew, rattling the beach underfoot. Stoick races toward the second catapult. He leaps and pushes a Viking out of the way just before the dragon crushes him under his forepaw. The Vikings scramble in all directions)

Viking 1: Get to the ships!

Stoick: No! NO!

(The Red Death Bblasts the ships like a mile-long flame thrower. The sails are torched. Vikings dive overboard and masts come down. Gobber Joins Stoick)

Gobber: Heh. Smart, that one.

(Stoick looks up and down the beach for an answer)

Stoick: I was a fool.

(The monster raises its head to the sky and bellows. The sound shakes the beach, knocking Vikings off their feet. This island is his. Stoick stops a Viking General)

Stoick: Lead the men to the far side of the island.

Spitelout: Right.

(He turns to the others)

Spitelout: Everybody to the far side of the island!

(The Vikings scatter into the rocks like ants. Satisfied with the ships destruction, The Red Death turns its attention back to the Vikings. They seem to have vanished. It sniffs the air, searching for their scent. Gobber drops in beside Stoick, like two soldiers in a trench. Fire blasts over head, causing them to duck)

Stoick: Gobber, go with the men.

Gobber: I think I'll stay, just in case you're thinking of doing something crazy.

(Stoick grabs him)

Stoick: I can buy them a few minutes if I give that thing someone to hunt.

(Gobber removes Stoick's hand. Clenches his forearm, determined)

Gobber: Then I can double that time.

(Stoick grins. Friends to the bitter end. They break cover and dash into the open, splitting up. Stoick rips a sharpened post from the ground and hurls it into the monster's face)

Stoick: HERE!

Gobber: NO, HERE!

(It spots both of them. He fuels up to fire, glancing back and forth between the two men. He focuses on Stoick)

Gobber: Come on! Fight me!

Stoick: No, me!

(The Red Death remains focused on Stoick, this is it. It rears back and inhales. Gas begins to amass, when KABLAM! A blast explodes against the back of The Red Death's head. It turns distracted, as Fafnir punches through the flames, banking across the sky. Followed by a Nadder, a Monstrous Nightmare, a Zippleback, and a Gronckle. They roll in unison, revealing the recruits riding on their backs. Y/n leads, with Hicca clinging to his waist. Gobber and Stoick, watch slack-jawed, in awe)

Y/n: Ruff, Tuff, watch your backs! Move Fishlegs!

(The monster shakes off the blast and snaps in their wake. Y/n directs his squadron out of harm's way. They climb out of reach and circle each other)

Tuffnut: Look at us, we're on a dragon! We're on dragons, all of us!

Y/n: Up, let's move it!

(The dragons climb past the Red Death. Gobber hobbles over to Stoick)

Gobber: Every bit the boar-headed, stubborn Viking you ever were.

(Stoick is speechless. The group circles over the dragon's head)

Hicca: Fishlegs, break it down.

Fishlegs: Okay. Heavily armored skull and tail made for bashing and crushing. Steer clear of both. Small eyes, large nostrils. Relies on hearing and smell.

Y/n: Okay. Lout, Legs, hang in its blind spot. Make some noise, keep it confused. Ruff, Tuff, find out if it has a shot limit. Make it mad.

Ruffnut: That's my specialty.

Tuffnut: Since when? Everyone knows I'm more irritating. See.

(He starts making irritating sounds)

Hicca: Just do what he told you. We'll be back as soon as we can.

Y/n: Astrid, you take over until I'm back!

Astrid: Got it!

Tuffnut: Don't worry, we got it covered!

Fishlegs: Yeah!

(Y/n and Hicca peel away. The teens bank and dive toward the monster, splitting up. The Twins race alongside the monster's head, taunting it)

Tuffnut: Troll!

Ruffnut: Butt Elf!

Tuffnut: Bride of Grendel!

(The Red Death unloads a spray of fire at the twins and Astrid. They barely dodge it. Fishlegs and Snotlout hang behind its eyes, banging away at their shields, making a racket. The Red Death opens all six of its eyes, spotting them)

Fishlegs: Uh, this thing doesn't have a blind spot.

(Hicca and Y/n are searching for Toothless. Hicca spots him among the burning ships)

Hicca: There!

(Y/n steers Fafnir over the deck and Hicca slowly stands up on Fafnir's back while holding onto Y/n. She lines up her jump and hops off, guarding her face from the flames. She lands on the burning deck and looks up at Y/n)

Y/n: Are you gonna be okay?

Hicca: Yes! Go help the others!

(Y/n and Fafnir take off. As Hicca fights her way to Toothless. She unbuckles the muzzle. Toothless shrieks)

Hicca: Okay, hold on. Hold on.

(She gets to work on the chains. Meanwhile Snotlout and Fishlegs clang their weapons against their shields, making the monster wince)

Snotlout: It's working.

(The huge beast starts to sway its head dizzily)

Fishlegs: Yeah! It's working.

(The noise is also confusing the Gronckle and the Monstrous Nightmare. Both dragons lose their bearings. The Red Death thrashes, knocking Snotlout off of his dragon and onto the monster's gigantic head. Snotlout bounces across the top and comes to a stop just shy of the hundred foot drop)

Snotlout: Agghh!

(Fishlegs' Gronckle goes down in a spin of confusion)

Fishlegs: I've lost power on the Gronckle. Snotlout! Do something!

(He hurls Snotlout his hammer. The Gronkle crashes and skids to a stop...)

Fishlegs: I'm okay!

(...then flips over, crushing Fishlegs)

Fishlegs: Less okay...

(The Red Death is about to stomp on Fishlegs but Fafnir flies in and blasts it with a ball of white fire causing the Red Death to miss Fishlegs. Y/n sees Snotlout and growls)

Y/n: Why is Snotlout on it?!

(Y/n and Fafnir fly off as the Red Death tries to bite them. Snotlout eyes the Red Death's gigantic, veiny eyes. He raises the hammer...)

Snotlout: I can't miss! 

(...and hammers the monster's eyes, playing whack-a-mole)

Snotlout: What's wrong buddy, got something in your eye? 

(Astrid flies by on her Nadder, catching Snotlout in all his heroics)

Astrid: Yeah! You're the Viking! 

(Snotlout grins, finally vindicated in her eyes. In his distraction, he gets thrown and lands heavily on one of the Red Death's spines clinging precariously. A close call)

Snotlout: Whoa!

(The monster's tail sweeps across the burning ships, snapping masts like twigs. We follow one down as it crashes onto a deck, revealing Hicca working at the chains. She can't budge them. Fire licks at her clothes. She looks up to see the Red Death blasting at the teens, enraged.

The monster's giant foot crashes through frame, smashing the bow under its impressive weight. Hicca and Toothless are thrown into the water in a maelstrom of burning planks and rigging. Hicca swims toward Toothless. They're both caught in a mess of rigging, being dragged down. The heavy palette settles into the rocky bottom like an anchor.

Toothless has stopped struggling. Hicca takes one more hopeless tug at the chains, she's almost out of air. Suddenly, a meaty hand grabs Hicca. Stoick explodes to the surface, pulling Hicca to the shoreline through flaming debris. He lays her down, under the shelter of an overhanging rock)

Hicca: Dad...?

(Stoick dives back into the water between flaming flotsam. Stoick appears in front of Toothless causing him to freeze. Stoick tears the chains off of the yoke and lets it float free. Momentary stillness. They eye each other, through the churned up bubbles. Toothless lunges out of the bars grabbing Stoick.

BOOM! In an explosion of sea water, Toothless lands on the shore, setting Stoick down and releasing him. Hicca is awed. The ground rumbles underfoot. The monster screeches. Its massive claws stomp around in the smoke. Stoick gives way as Toothless mounts the rock and raises his wings. He turns to Hicca and snorts)

Hicca: You got it, bud.

(Hicca climbs onto Toothless and buckles herself in. Stoick grabs her arm)

Stoick: Hicca. I'm sorry... for everything.

Hicca: Yeah... me too.

Stoick: You don't have to go up there.

Hicca: We're Vikings. It's an occupational hazard.

(They exchange smiles)

Stoick: I'm proud to call you my daughter.

(Hicca beams, taken aback)

Hicca: Thanks dad.

(Stoick lets go of Hicca's arm. Y/n flies over to them and looks at Hicca and Toothless)

Y/n: You two okay?

Hicca: Yeah.

(Toothless purrs)

Y/n: Good, because we need to go and take care of the big, red and angry.

(Hicca nods, she spurs Toothless on, charged with her father's belief in her. They rocket into the sky as Stoick watches. Y/n smiles at Stoick)

Y/n: Don't worry Stoick. I'll make sure that she returns home alive.

(Stoick smiles at Y/n as he and Fafnir rocket off after Hicca and Toothless. Astrid sees Fafnir and Toothless streaking through the sky, gaining altitude)

Astrid: She's up!

(She turns to Ruffnut and Tuffnut, who are arguing and throwing punches at each other)

Astrid: Get Snotlout out of there!

(In mid-punch, the twins look over to see Snotlout stranded on the monster's head. They eye each other)

Tuffnut and Ruffnut: I'm on it!

Tuffnut: I'm on it first! I'm ahead of you.

(The twins spot Snotlout on the giant dragon and steer their Zippleback in his direction)

Ruffnut: Hey! Let me drive!

(The twins peel off, arguing as they race each other to the monster. Snotlout sees the Zippleback diving toward him and dashes down the Red Death's head. He runs up the end of its horn... As the twins sweep past, both missing him... but perfectly snatching him where the necks merge. Ruff and Tuff eye eachother, surprised and impressed)

Tuffnut: I can't believe that worked.

(The Red Death spots Astrid and inhales, preparing to blast. She and her Nadder get caught in the suction, pulled toward the monster's gaping mouth. The Vikings watch with dread. They hear the familiar whir and crackling roar of the...)

Gobber: Night Fury and Skrill! Get down!

(Two massive blasts jolt the Red Death's head sideways. Astrid is thrown clear of its mouth and her Nadder. She tumbles through the air. The ground races toward her, when she's suddenly caught by the leg. She looks up to see Fafnir)

Y/n: Did you get her?

(Fafnir purrs as he looks back at Astrid who smiles at him. They fly over the crowd of Vikings and set Astrid down, midrun. They circle back to reengage, a black speck against the clouds)

Astrid: Go.

(Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless rocket past the Red Death's head and climb, higher and higher)

Hicca: That thing has wings!

Y/n: Okay then, let's see if it can use them!

(Y/n and Hicca pulls Fafnir and Toothless into a turn. They plummet, gaining tremendous speed. The wind buffets them as they target the Red Death as super sonic speeds. KABLAM! Fafnir and Toothless unload a fireball and a blast of lightning against the Red Death's head. It goes down with a rumble as they climb anew. The Vikings shield themselves from the dust of the fallen monster... as its wings unfold and extend. Y/n and Hicca look back as they put distance between them)

Hicca: Do you think that did it?

(Suddenly, the enraged behemoth rises into frame, flapping its wings furiously. A daunting sight)

Y/n: Well, he sure can fly!

(Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless dive into the tangled sea stacks they weave through the rock like rabbits through a briar. The Red Death snaps at them, but cannot reach them. Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless pull ahead. The Red Death smashes through the canopy of rock and pulls in behind Fafnir and Toothless. He bursts through fifty-foot formations like they were saplings. Stoick, Gobber, and the Teens watch as Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless streak past, weaving through sea stacks)

Teens: Woohoo! Yeah!

(A moment later the Red Death smashes the sea stacks to dust in hot pursuit. The Vikings mood is quenched. Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless can't slow the monster down. Y/n eyes the clouds above. An idea hits him. He locks eyes with Hicca)

Y/n: Hicca! I think it's time to disappear.

(Hicca smiles at Y/n, she looks at Toothless)

Hicca: You heard him! Let's disappear!

Y/n: Fafnir!

(Fafnir and Toothless pulls into a steep climb, heading toward the clouds)

Hicca: Come on bud!

(The Red Death follows, closing in fast. Hicca hears the gas forming in the Red Death's mouth)

Hicca: Here it comes!

(BLAST! They narrowly dodge a column of flame and smoke. They reach the low-hanging clouds and pierce them. The monster follows, immediately losing them in the hampered visibility. It roars irritably. From out of nowhere, Fafnir and Toothless dive at the huge dragon from different directions, blasting and puncturing a hole in its wing. Y/n, Fafnir, Toothless and Hicca are gone again before the dragon can get a shot at them.

On the ground, the Vikings stare up at the sky listening to the resounding booms and watching flashes light up the clouds. Gobber places a hand on Stoick's shoulder. Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless dive in again and again, using the clouds to hide and surprise as they puncture the monster's wings. It bellows in frustration and whirls around, unleashing fire blindly, in all directions. Y/n sees the glow of fire cutting towards them)

Y/n: Watch out!

(The random blast clips Toothless' tail. It's heavily damaged)

Y/n: Time's up.

Hicca: Okay. Let's see if this works.

(She and Y/n pull Fafnir and Toothless into a turn. They fly directly into the Red Death's face, taunting it)

Y/n: Are you already out of fire?!

Hicca: Come on! Is that the best you can do!?

(Fafnir and Toothless utter insults too, and they jack knife into asteep dive. The Red Death pursues. Fafnir and Toothless pump their wings, racing faster than they've ever gone before. Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless stay just ahead of the Red Death no longer trying to evade it. Hicca glances back to check the tail, it's disintegrating)

Hicca: Stay with me buddy. We're good.

Y/n: Just a little bit longer.

(The Red Death closes the gap. Y/n and Hicca tuck in and hold Fafnir and Toothless steady allowing the monster to set its sights on them. It narrows its eyes)

Y/n: Hold.

(The Red Death opens his mouth. The familiar gas hiss emanates from his throat, ignition is coming)

Y/n: NOW!

(Hicca hits the pedals hard as Toothless and Fafnir extend one of thier wings. They pivot in place, hurtling directly into the Red Death's mouth. Fafnir and Toothless fire point blank down the monster's throat. Its amassing gas is ignited, backfiring into the monster, erupting in a chain of blasts throughout its body.

Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless burst from the clouds, the Red Death hot on their tail, exploding from with in. It glances forward and sees the ground rushing up. It throws open its wings, attempting to put on the brakes, but the punctured, damaged wings can't stop its momentum.

As the Red Death chokes on the expanding fireball, he sees Fafnir and Toothless suddenly pull out of the dive, streaking up, past its head. The Red Death hits the ground, head-first. It explodes like the Hindenburg. Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless weave through the monster's massive backplates, wings, and flailing legs, a high-speed recall of the free fall slalom run.

The expanding fireball races toward them, about to swallow them. They manage to clear the obstacles, Y/n and Fafnir are able to fly to safety. Hicca glances back. They're outrunning the fireball. She looks forward just in time to see the monster's massive club tail careening toward them. She tries to shift their direction. The last shreds of Toothless' tail tear away. Hicca's pedals go dead)

Hicca: No. No!

(Hicca and Toothless can't maneuver, they're dead in the air. The giant club tail clips Toothless, tearing Hicca from the harness and sending her tumbling against the backdrop of the fast-approaching fireball. Y/n's eyes widen in horros as he sees Hicca falling towards the fireball)

Y/n: HICCA!

(Y/n jumps off of Fafnir accidentally deebly scratching his eye on one of the spikes of Fafnir. Y/n dives towards Hicca causing Fafnir to roar in distress. Y/n catches Hicca and covers her body with his. Fafnir and Toothless struggl with all their might to reach the unconscious Hicca and Y/n. But the fireball swallows them both. The Vikings watch in horror as Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless disappear into the boiling inferno)

-----Time Skip-----

(Almost the whole island is clouded by a thick cloud of white ash. And through it comes...)

Stoick: Hicca? Y/n? Hicca!? Y/n!?

(Stoick appears, searching desperately. Everything is scorched. Even the ground is smoking from the terrible heat)

Stoick: Hicca!? Y/n!?

(Through the ash, Stoick the motionless silhouette of Fafnir)

Stoick: Kids.

(He hurries to the dragon's side. Fafnir is roughed up, but conscious. His scorched saddle, however, is vacant. Stoick looks to the sky in despair. He buckles at the knees, overwhelmed by the loss)

Stoick: Oh kids... I did this...

(Astrid pushes through the crowd, her eyes welling up. Followed by Gobber. They flank Stoick as he kneels, slumped over. Behind them, a ring of Vikings form, keeping a respectful distance. As the dust and smoke clear, a ring of wild dragons can also be seen, gathering just behind and between the Vikings. Fafnir stirs and groggily rolls his head toward Stoick. Their eyes meet)

Stoick: I'm so sorry...

(Fafnir unfolds his wings, revealing Toothless who is holding onto the unconscious Y/n and Hicca, clutched safely against his chest. Stoick's eyes widen)

Stoick: Kids.

(He scoops Y/n and Hicca into his arms. Listens to their hearts. Bursts into relieved laughter)

Stoick: They're alive! You brought them back alive!

(The crowd roars. Followed by the dragons. The Vikings look around to find themselves surrounded. Stoick leans close to Fafnir and Toothless, meeting them eye to eye)

Stoick: Thank you... for saving them.

(Gobber looks Y/n and Hicca up and down)

Gobber: Well, you know... most of 'em.

(Stoick glances back at him. Gobber shrugs, redirecting his eyes toward...)

Berk - Stoick's House

(Y/n is asleep in Stoick's home, his head on a pillow. Healing scars on his face show that maybe a week or two have passed. Fafnir hovers over him, whining and grumbling impatiently. Y/n stirs and opens his eyes)

Y/n: Oh... hey Fafnir.

(Fafnir excitedly nuzzles and nudges Y/n)

Y/n: Okay, okay! I'm happy to see you too. Now just--

(Fafnir steps on his stomach, causing Y/n to sit boltup right with a yelp. He looks around, confounded. He's in a bed upstairs inside Stoick's house)

Y/n: I'm in Stoick's house.

(He looks at Fafnir who is leaning over him, excited)

Y/n: You're in Stoick's house.

(Fafnir tears around the room, knocking things over, far too big for the space)

Fafnir: Uh... does Stoick or Hicca know you're in here?!

(Fafnir pauses at the foot of the bed, tongue wagging. He eyes the rafters and leaps up onto them, brimming with 'happy dog' energy)

Y/n: Okay, okay -- no Fafnir! Aw, come on...

(Y/n rubs his face with a groan but he freezes when he feels his left eye. Fafnir lands and looks at Y/n sadly, Y/n grabs his sword and takes it out, he looks at his reflection and sees that his eye is gone being covered with an eye patch)

Y/n: Damn...

(Y/n hears Hicca yelp down stairs)

Y/n: Hicca?

(Y/n gets up and runs down the stairs where he sees Hicca and Toothless)

Y/n: Hicca!

(Hicca turns and sees Y/n smiling at her with Fafnir next to him)

Hicca: Y/n? Fafnir?! Now you are in my house? Do you know what's going on?

(Y/n walks up to her)

Y/n: No. I just woke up. How are you feeling?

Hicca: I'm-

(Hicca shifts to get out of bed then pauses sensing that something is wrong. She peels back the covers slowly. What she sees startles, horrifies, and overwhelms her all at once. Hicca's booted foot touches down. Followed by a mechanical prosthetic in place of her second leg.

It's an ingenious spring-loaded replacement, made of wood and iron. Y/n looks at Hicca with sympathy while Toothless approaches calmly, sniffing the new leg. He raises his eyes to meet Hicca's, seemingly aware of what Hicca is going through. Hicca braces herself on the bedpost and tries to stand on it. She winces and stifles the pain...)

Hicca: Okay... okay...

(... but stumbles with the first step. Y/n catches Hicca, he lifts her up and Hicca wraps her arm around Y/n's shoulder, stabilizing her)

Y/n: Take is easy.

Hicca: Thanks Y/n.

(Hicca leans on him like a crutch. They take a few steps together as they make their way toward the door. Y/n pries it open revealing a Monstrous Nightmare flapping outside the door. Hicca yelps and Y/n slams the door closed. He turns to Fafnir and Toothless, alarmed)

Y/n: Fafnir. Toothless. Stay here.

(Y/n pauses and cracks the door open again. He and Hicca peek outside, their eyes widening. Y/n allows to door to swing open, revealing the Monstrous Nightmare, carrying Snotlout on its back)

Snotlout: Come on guys, get ready! Hold on tight! Here we go!

(A class of newbie dragon riders follow him through frame on a variety of dragons, pulling back the curtain on an amazing vista in which Vikings and dragons mill about by the dozen, basking on the rooftops, weaving along the plaza. No one seems upset, there isn't a sword in sight. Under the framework of a massive barn, a Nadder blasts fire onto a metal brace.

It steps back to let a Viking hammer it into shape. Nearby, a Gronkle lands, carrying a tree trunk in his mouth. He shows a Viking what he's found. The Viking pats his head. Another Viking backs a Zippleback into a stall to check it for size. Y/n and Hicca take a step outside, finding Stoick waiting for them on the step)

Y/n: Yep! I knew it. We're dead.

(Stoick laughs)

Stoick: No, but you two gave it your best shot.

(He puts his arms around Y/n and Hicca, steadying Hicca. He gestures to the transformed village)

Stoick: So? What do you think?

(Y/n and Hicca just shrug, amazed. Below, the plaza, villagers take notice)

Viking 1: Hey look! It's Y/n and Hicca!

(They rush over, surrounding the with a hero's welcome)

Viking 2: Kids, how you doin'?

Viking 3: It's great to see you up and about.

Stoick: Turns out all we needed was a little more of...

(He gestures non-specificallyat Hicca)

Stoick: ... this.

Hicca: You just gestured to all of me.

Gobber: Well. Most of you.

(Gobber pushes through the crowd, beaming proudly)

Gobber: That bit's my handiwork. With a little Hicca flare thrown in. Think it'll do?

Hicca: Me and Y/n might make a few tweaks.

(Astrid appears and jabs Y/n in the arm. Y/n recoils with a grumble)

Astrid: That's for scaring me.

Y/n: What, is it always going to be this way with you from now on? 'Cause I...

(Astrid grabs him aggressively... then kisses him causing Hicca to glare at her, while still in the kiss Astrid gives Hicca a certain look that sorta calms her down. Hoots and hollers follow, Astrid breaks off from the kiss)

Y/n: That was... different...

(Gobber presents Y/n and Hicca with two rebuilt saddles, rigging, and tail)

Gobber: Welcome home.

(Suddenly, Fafnir and Toothless pounce on the crowd, crushing several unsuspecting Vikings under his weight)

Viking 3: Skrill and Night Fury, get down!

(Toothless eyes the new tail excitedly, tongue wagging. Amidst the groans and grumbles, Y/n, Hicca and Astrid exchange a sheepish grin)

-----Time Skip-----

(Hicca's prosthetic foot snaps into the modified stirrup. The two pieces click together, forming a single shape. Astride Toothless, she's whole again. She rotates the pedal. The new tail opens. Bright red with a skull and Viking horns emblazoned on it. Hicca approves. Y/n, Fafnir, Hicca and Toothless are saddled up and ready to fly. Astrid backs her Nadder into position)

Hicca: You ready?

(Toothless snorts an excited 'yes!' From his mount, Y/n and Hicca look out over the changed world)

Hicca: "This... is Berk. It snows nine months of the year... and hails the other three."

(They leap into the bright blue sky, together as one. Astrid follows, giving chase)

Hicca: "Any food that grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here are even more so."

(Y/n, Hicca and Astrid race their dragons through the village, under eaves, over rooftops, down cliff-sides, and between ship masts. It's a high energy, romantic dance of sorts)

Hicca: "The only upsides are the pets. While other places have... ponies or parrots, we have..."

(Their fellow recruits join them as they take to the open sky, rocketing far above the village. The Northern sky swirls with blazing, multicolored dragons. Y/n and Fafnir break from the pack, spinning into the blinding sun)

Y/n: "Dragons!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M1, CHAPTER 8 IS DONE :)

----------

With this chapter HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 1 is done!

Next up: DRAGONS: RACE TO THE EDGE! And no I most likely won't write Riders and Defenders of Berk, I'm 90% sure I won't write them.

----------

Word Count: 5195

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

15.1K 474 4
[NOT COMPLETED] Y/n is a young Viking who washed up on the shores of Berk. Thankfully, they all accept him into their village with open arms. It wasn...
460K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...
35.3K 890 14
It's been five years since Hiccup changed the minds of Berk, and everyone is happier for it. It's a more peaceful way of life, and it opens the doors...
104K 1.2K 26
To anyone who reads this, As it pains me to say this, I ran away from Berk. There I said it. Look, its not that I don't love being on Berk. But I ca...