The Imperial Examination Dail...

By Demens88

Summary too long, read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING http://www.fuxsb.com/chua... More

Summary + Chapter 1-5
Chapter 6-10
Chapter 11-15
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-25
Chapter 26-30
Chapter 31-35
Chapter 36-40
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 56-60
Chapter 61-65
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 81-85
Chapter 86-90
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
Chapter 161-165
Chapter 166-170
Chapter 171-175
Chapter 176-180
Chapter 181-185
Chapter186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Chapter 201-205
Chapter 206-210
Chapter 211-215
Chapter 216-220
Chapter 221-225
Chapter 231-235
Chapter 236-240
Chapter 241-245
Chapter 246-250
Chapter 251-255
Chapter 256-260
Chapter 261-265
Chapter 266-270
Chapter 271-275
Chapter 275-280
Chapter 281-285
Chapter 286-290
Chapter 291-295
Chapter 296-303

Chapter 226-230

29 1 0
By Demens88

 When Si Niang calculated the age difference like this, she almost hit him, "Brother Zhou, you're ten years old, that's ten years old! You, aren't you an old man and a young wife?"

  "Hey, I should be almost twenty years old now. Okay, okay!" Gu Hongwen stopped Siniang, "Not too young, not too young!"

  "Brother Zhou is also thirty this year!" Siniang said bluntly.

  Zhou Ziyan was suddenly overwhelmed by the big mountain of age. He had never cared about his age all these years. Now he suddenly calculated it and suddenly realized that he was actually a third-year student!

  Although he can't calculate his age by adding it up, if he adds up his age in his previous life, he will be five years old!

  Zhou Ziyan covered his face, which was still smooth and tender, "...you're not that old, are you?"

  Not to mention it was okay, but when it came to age, Zhou Ziyan suddenly realized that the few people who were laughing and joking in the Imperial College and studying were now married and established careers.

  The two sons of Gu Dawang, the eldest, have grown so big.

  And Gu Dawang himself gradually climbed up to the third rank and became an indispensable member of Daqing.

  Jiang Nanxing looks calm and reserved now, but back then, she was also a lively girl with her high-waisted hair standing up and jumping up and down all day long.

  It should be because she has been a doctor in the Imperial College for so many years and faces many graduate students with distinctive personalities every day. In order not to lose the reputation of the Imperial College, she has gradually become more stable.

  Gu Hongwen used to always follow Jiang Nanxing around and listen to whatever Jiang Nanxing said. He was simply a soft-eared person.

  But now, Gu Hongwen has grown into a person under the Imperial Academy's sacrificial wine, and manages the entire Imperial Academy with his small body.

  He and these old friends have entered their thirties.

  They have all unknowingly crossed the years and changed from teenagers to young adults.

  The officials who taught them back then have also changed from young people to old people, and have gradually stopped meddling in their own business, and the new teenagers under them are also gradually growing up...

  It turns out that time and growth are such silent things.

  When you look back, you will realize that you have come so far.

  Will they wait a few years and become the front waves of Daqing, while the back waves will become even more turbulent and hit the coast?

  Zhou Ziyan couldn't help but look at Gu Siwen.

  The little boy was biting into a piece of meat with a mouth full of sauce, "My cousin looks very young!"

  "Looks younger than dad." Gu Siyang also said.

  Still a child.

  Zhou Ziyan was suddenly amused by Gu Siwen, which dispersed some of the melancholy in his heart.

  Jiang Nanxing thought for a while and said: "Actually, ten years is nothing. Throughout the ages, men have started a family, married a wife and had children, and the age of 30 is just right. But Brother Zhou, that little brother is so young, are you sure he has already thought about it? ?"

  "Yes, when he comes to the capital, will he suddenly regret it?" Gu Hongwen also felt that it was possible. After all, the boy from a small place was still young. After seeing a more prosperous place, it was inevitable that he would not regret it. Other ideas.

  Zhou Ziyan raised his eyebrows with his fingers and smiled, "There should be no one in the capital who is more suitable for him than me."

  Not only did he believe in Wei Feng's affection for him, he was also extremely confident in himself.

  With all his knowledge in these two lifetimes, he can be considered a young talent.

  What's more, he is Wei Feng's idol...

  He has the right time, the right place, the right people, and he can still let the little brother run away, so what kind of man is he?

  Gu Hongwen was really convinced. His eyebrows and eyes were knitted together, as if he was annoyed by Zhou Ziyan, "I rarely saw you so arrogant in the past, even when it came to romantic affairs. Why do you seem to have bowed your head now? You feel that you are the best in the city." ? There are many young talents in the capital now, Brother Zhou, you are thirty!"

  "Really? Who are the people who are my age but in the same position as me?" Zhou Ziyan put his hands in his hands and smiled harmlessly, but the meaning behind his words could make people angry to death.

  Gu Hongwen counted a circle of people, but he really couldn't find anyone who was like Zhou Ziyan!

  People who are more famous than him are older than him.

  She is younger than him, does not have the same status as him, and does not have as good a relationship with His Majesty.

  Anyone who is not a fool can see the relationship between Brother Zhou and His Majesty. As long as Brother Zhou can remain as he is now and Jane is in the heart of the emperor, then maintaining prosperity and wealth for decades to come is not a problem.

  The only bad thing about Brother Zhou is that he has no family power behind him, but now he is close to His Majesty and is the only pure minister beside His Majesty. He can stand up to a whole family, so this weakness is nothing.

  Hey, this guy is really proud!

  Jiang Nanxing gave Gu Hongwen a piece of green vegetables in an attempt to shut him up, "What do you think you did to offend Brother Zhou? With his mouth and that pen, when have you ever spoken to him?"

  "Poor little brother! It's not good to like anyone, but you fall in love with such an unforgiving person! How miserable!" Gu Hongwen deliberately raised his wine glass and sighed, "But it's okay! If you can't stand this person, my brother will definitely Let me introduce you to a good one!"

  "Don't worry, when he comes to the capital, he will definitely be on my side. You have no chance." When it comes to Song Weifeng, Zhou Ziyan is full of confidence.

  This confidence directly touched the corners of his mouth, making him unable to suppress the smile on his lips.

  This is a sweet, dazzling smile.

  Gu Hongwen sat opposite Zhou Ziyan and almost died of being bored by Zhou Ziyan.

  Obviously the other person is not here yet, Zhou Ziyan is like the peacock spreading its tail.

  It's amazing to be in love with your sweetheart, isn't it?

  annoying!

  Si Niang put down a lot of green vegetables, "Eat quickly, eat quickly, otherwise these will accumulate at the bottom of the pot!"

  "Come on, come on!" Gu Hongwen immediately forgot what happened just now, raised his bowl and chopsticks and stared at the iron pot on the table.

  That's the good thing about Gu Hongwen. He doesn't hold grudges or be jealous. As long as he has a bite of something he likes, he won't have to worry about anything!

  Zhou Zi said that he could always relax around these old friends.

  But what he just said made Zhou Ziyan take out the purse from his waist and rub it carefully, "When you come to the capital...we have agreed."

  If you make a promise, it will definitely come true, right?

  Will.

  At the end of the year, Zhou Ziyan didn't go anywhere. He stayed alone in the Imperial College and spent his first New Year back in Beijing.

  Friends sent many New Year gifts, and Lin Fanji also brought congratulatory gifts to Emperor Xuan.

  They all knew Zhou Ziyan's current situation. These were not only New Year's gifts, but also gifts to celebrate Zhou Ziyan's return to the capital, so they never thought of asking him to return the gift.

  Only Emperor Jingxuan left a message to him: "The exam is coming soon, so prepare well."

  Zhou Ziyan thought many times whether he should bring up the Wei family's affairs and ask Song Weifeng in his letter.

  But then I thought about it, it was too easy for Song Weifeng to be distracted by such things.

  When Song Weifeng passes the provincial examination and comes to the capital in person, it will not be too late to hear what he has to say personally.

  On the seventh day of the New Year, the Guozi Supervision Agency resumed operations.

  Zhou Zi said that he had written one letter a day since the New Year's Day, and sent seven letters directly from the letter agency.

  A few days later, he also received a New Year's letter from Maminggou.

  Through Song Weifeng's continuous letters, Zhou Ziyan always knew what happened in Maminggou.

  Zhongzhi County has always paid attention to the learning situation in the entire county, and has never forgotten to research cheaper pen, ink, paper and inkstone so that every household can use suitable pen, ink, paper and inkstone.

  Coupled with his persistence and promotion of reading, after Zhou Ziyan left, children continued to come to the town from the mountains and villages carrying small burdens to study.

  In everyone's eyes, there is no longer the confusion in everyone's eyes, but they are clear about what they are going to do, and they go straight to the future.

  Now the academy in the town can receive many students every semester.

  Happily, there are many little guys and girls among them.

  It is said that the family heard about the deeds of Song Weifeng and Wang Xiaoniu, and also wanted their children to prosper, so they sent them to the academy to try out while they were still young.

  Even though I just gave it a try, the change is enough to make me happy.

  Returning to the academy, Chief Wen attaches great importance to Song Douding and his children. He also understands that they will definitely go to the capital in the future, and their goal is the Imperial College, so he works harder to train them.

  No matter what study tour activities the academy has, or literary examinations or poetry gatherings, Captain Wen will take them with him.

  Song Douding and the other children were growing up at a rapid pace beside Wen Shan.

  Nowadays, if you pick any person casually, he can use his young age to stand alone, which is really the treasure of Xinyang Academy.

  Moreover, he is deeply loved by many seniors and seniors, who all want to take him home as their younger brothers and sisters.

  Although Ye Lang has not yet passed the exam, Song Yan has already made an engagement with Ye Lang, and the marriage ceremony will be held only after they both pass the exam.

  And Ye Lang doesn't plan to continue to take the exam.

  If they all pass the examination, they will go to another small place with their family to live a stable life.

  After learning how to read from Song Douding and the others, the children in Chunliu Lane are now favored by the masters in the town and are willing to take them to their private schools for enlightenment. If they are well educated, they will be able to go to various places in the future through the introduction of the masters. Study in the big academy.

  From a little baby who didn't know any words to now with a bright future, it can be said that there has been a huge transformation.

  Zhou Ziyan's small yard was bought back by Song's father after he left.

  The neighbors in Chunliu Lane remember Zhou Ziyan's contribution and now often go to his yard to sweep the floor and water the flowers.

  Everyone seems to have found the path they want to take, either moving forward steadily or staggering, always walking on the path they have chosen.

  The reading atmosphere in Maminggou is getting better and better every year. Every year in the provincial examination, many young talents and young geniuses emerge, making Zhongzhi County Haosheng famous in Yuenan Prefecture.

  I heard that the Yuenan Magistrate also asked Zhong Magistrate if he wanted to mention it in a wealthy place.

  Zhong Zhixian still refused.

  Song Weifeng felt that Zhongzhi County was probably entangled with their small place and could not be separated.

  Zhou Ziyan read a letter and replied to it, writing about his current situation.

  What did I learn today, what did I eat, which friend did I meet...

  One by one, no matter how big or small, everything is told.

  [My brother said to himself, Zhan Xinjia...]

  [My brother Wei Feng, how are you doing lately...]

  One letter after another, carrying the beautiful flowers and jade trees in the capital, flew to the south of Maminggou to the singing of orioles and swallows.

  [My brother Wei Feng, the wind is freezing in winter, so let those children wear more clothes. 】

  [My brother said to himself, it's cold in spring, so please put on more clothes. 】

  The scenery of Maminggou's pink willows and red willows is combined with the scenery of May, Yellow and June in the capital.

  [My brother said to himself, the spring in Maminggou has come again. The academy took the students for an outing outside the town, and Zhongzhi County also came. 】

  [My brother Wei Feng, Beijing has recently entered the hottest summer, and fruits soaked in cold water are the best way to relieve the heat. 】

  ...

  Later, the golden wind, jade dew, and autumn gradually faded away, and at the end of the year, winter was cold and frost came at night.

  The frost has withered the summer green, and the plum blossoms and peach blossoms are red again.

  Just two years passed in a blink of an eye. Zhou Ziyan looked at the famous post about the Beijing Examination in his hand and felt quite nostalgic about the past.

  Immediately after the general examination is the palace examination.

  His road to the imperial examination finally reached the finish line.

Chapter 105

  On the eighth day of February, Lixinfang was crowded with people.

  'Siniang Shabu Shabu Restaurant' also has tables, chairs and benches outside the house, but the supply is still somewhat in short supply.

  Many people held their sleeves and shouted towards the back room: "Boss, boss, the tables and chairs are gone! The six of you want to have a warm meal!"

  "Come on, come on, these rough old men are screaming like souls!" Siniang raised an iron spoon and lifted the curtain from the house, "It's really going to kill me. When it comes to the imperial examination period, the whole capital is Restless life."

  "That's right." Several men stood in the outer courtyard, waiting for Siniang to help them arrange their seats.

  "It seems that this year's examination is still held every three years. It takes three years. Those scholars have been waiting for three years, but they are just waiting for today!"

  "That's right, if I could read and write, I would probably be so scared that I would wet my pants right now, hahahaha!"

  Si Niang and the boy brought out a set of tables, chairs and benches and found an empty space to put them there.

  Si Niang wiped her sweat and said, "There are so many people in our Lixinfang so far away from the inner city. How lively will the inner city be!"

  "It must be crowded." The boy wiped his face with his sleeve, "Boss, did Mr. Zhou also go to the meeting to try it out?"

  Their boss seems to have found an old friend, Mr. Zhou, who is currently studying in the Imperial College.

  I heard that I will take part in today's examination.

  "That's natural."

  The so-called Mr. Zhou is Zhou Ziyan.

  Siniang pinched her waist and said with a smile, "Let me tell you, my brother Zhou is the Wenquxing who descended to earth. Let's just wait and see. The first place in the competition this year will definitely be his."

  "Return?" The boy scratched the back of his head, wondering why the boss used the word 'return'.

  Isn't it the first time Mr. Zhou has participated in the examination this year? Why did he just 'return' it?

  I don't understand, I don't understand, just go move the stool!

  The Gongyuan in the suburbs was indeed overcrowded at this time as Siniang thought.

  The major official scholars in the capital all held up a square plaque with the name of 'Qingjing Province xxx School'. Behind them, standing were the candidates who were going to take the examination this time.

  The person leading the Imperial College team was naturally Gu Hongwen.

  For this examination, Gu Hongwen took away three Five Classics doctors from the Imperial College and also called the doctors from the Imperial College.

  Everything is ready, just waiting for the test firing.

  Those candidates who did not enter the official school were gathered according to their place of origin in the provincial capital, and the head count officials in the capital personally counted their numbers.

  Although the examination begins in spring, it is also known as "Chun Wei".

  But the weather in February was not so warm and the flowers were blooming. There were still some frost flowers and ice picks hanging on the outer walls and dead trees of the Gongyuan.

  Zhou Ziyan still wrapped himself tightly in his thick cotton robe and wore a small felt hat.

  Even with such preparations, when the cold wind hit my face, my nose was still red from the cold.

  However, compared to other nervous-looking supervisors, Zhou Ziyan's state can be considered relaxed.

  Even if it was so cold, the other supervisors would still reach out and look through the books in their hands, trying to get closer to review them again.

  Zhou Ziyan prepared two cotton clothes, brought some food, tied his hair and came to Gongyuan without even holding a book in his hand.

  Others were hurriedly doing their final review, but Zhou Ziyan stood there and looked over the entire Gongyuan with his hands behind his back.

  In addition to the supervisors who were going to take the examination, some supervisors who wanted to join in the fun also asked for leave and followed the team to Gongyuan.

  Among them was this boy Gu Siwen.

  He gathered around Zhou Ziyan, chattering.

  "Cousin, aren't you nervous?"

  "Cousin, what are you reading? Come and read the book!"

  "Cousin, cousin, stop playing, you are going to the hospital soon!"

  Gu Siwen is anxious, no matter how powerful his cousin is, he can't be so calm and composed, right?

  Isn't it the first time for my cousin to participate in the examination? Why does it feel like it is the second time to come to this place? It is too stable!

  "It's okay, I have a good attitude." Zhou Ziyan rubbed Gu Siwen's head, but still went his own way.

  Preparation for the general examination is no different from that for the provincial examination.

  There are also three rounds of examinations, the first on the ninth day of February, and the remaining two rounds on the 12th and 15th.

  The content of the exam is still the Four Books and Five Classics, classics, history and grammar, but the difficulty will be greatly improved.

  As for the working team of the joint examination, it still consists of the chief examiner, fellow examiners, promotion, supervision, supply, etc.

  Compared with the imperial examination before the provincial examination, the distinctions in the general examination are more detailed.

  Therefore, in addition to this, there are also distinctions between specific positions such as collecting test papers, sealing, transcribing, reading, receiving papers, patrolling the prison gate, and inspecting the suspects.

  It can be said that one person has one position and one person has one responsibility.

  Wherever there is a mistake, the adult in this position will bear the consequences.

  Zhou Ziyan touched his chin. Is this the mentality of a thirty-year-old man?

  He is indeed not too nervous now. He feels that he only needs to do his best and leave the rest to fate.

  Gu Siwen was not participating in the examination, so he still said leisurely: "I heard that Uncle Zhang has been living in Gongyuan for more than half a month. Uncle Zhang loves drinking so much. Now that he has not drank for more than half a month, he is probably suffocated to death. ."

  Mentioning 'Uncle Zhang', Zhou Ziyan also smiled and sighed, "Do you think he is stupid? He must have brought a small bottle of wine with him. He can take a sip every day and get through the trial."

  As the saying goes, 'To become an official, you need to take a scientific examination, and the cabinet comes from the Imperial Academy.' This 'Uncle Zhang' is the examiner of this examination.

  Zhang Hanlin, a scholar of the Hanlin Academy, was a second-grade imperial official and the highest official of the Hanlin Academy. He was often known as the "inner prime minister" among the people.

  Zhang Hanlin was a former tutor in Zhongzhi County and an old acquaintance in the imperial examination room.

  Although the examination was presided over by the Ministry of Rites, the examiners of the examination were only some fifth-rank officials before Daqing. Due to family background and official rank issues, many mistakes were made. Later, the entire imperial court slowly increased the number of examiners. Qualifications.

  He transitioned from a fifth-grade official to a bachelor of the Hanlin Academy, and finally became one of the current nine ministers.

  If there are special circumstances, the emperor will directly appoint the chief minister of the Zhengyipin cabinet to serve as the examiner.

  Daqing is divided into Dajiuqing and Xiaojiuqing.

  Dajiuqing refers to the six ministers, the governor, the general envoy, and the minister of Dali Temple.

  Xiao Jiuqing is the Minister of Taichang Temple, the Minister of Taipu Temple, the Minister of Guanglu Temple, and the bachelor of Hanlin Academy.

The Imperial Academy Jijiu is also one of the Xiaojiuqings, and he originally had the qualifications to be the examiner.

  But because the students of the Imperial College now also have to take the imperial examination, the privilege of offering wine in the Imperial College has been ruthlessly deprived.

  Therefore, even if Zheng Jijiu is now one of the Xiao Jiuqings, he cannot compete for the responsibility of being the examiner of the general examination.

  I can only watch other colleagues get this important task and then become the mentors of many candidates.

  As a bureaucracy that carries out examination and deliberation systems, corrects documents, and consults on political affairs, the Hanlin Academy is also responsible for selecting, nurturing, and storing talents. It is most appropriate that a bachelor of the Hanlin Academy should be responsible for the examination.

  Since Zhou Ziyan came to Daqing, Daqing's examination system has been implemented, with the minister of the Ministry of Rites serving as a temporary post, the third-rank minister taking the examination, and the bachelor's degree of the Hanlin Academy taking the examination together.

  This year is indeed no exception.

  Zhou Zi said that he worked as a small editor in the Hanlin Academy for half a year and only met Zhang Hanlin twice.

  Later, he transferred to another department, but he often saw Zhang Hanlin and the wine bottle that he always carried with him.

  It is also a wonderful fate.

  The Imperial College has already made all the preparations before the exam with all the supervisors. Today is the eighth day of the Lunar New Year, and it is time to check the identity, live in the Gongyuan, and wait for the exam of the ninth day of the Lunar New Year.

  All procedures are the same as those in the provincial examination. Check the test basket, check the cotton-padded clothes, and carefully check every corner. If there are any objections, you have to stand aside and accept a second inspection.

  "Cousin, take the exam well, my brother is waiting for you outside!"

  Gu Siwen looked at Zhou Ziyan's back and said loudly.

  As soon as Gu Siwen finished shouting, he was punched by Gu Hongwen, "Don't shout outside the Gongyuan, you want to be taken away, don't you?"

  Only then did Gu Siwen realize that the voice he just made had attracted several military attachés holding iron swords, all of whom looked fierce.

  Heart trembling.

  Gu Siwen was so frightened that he didn't dare to show off anymore.

  Minxi Town and Zhou Ziyan stood together, and the two of them entered the Gongyuan.

  "Brother Zhou, come on!" Min Xizhen held the exam basket and clasped his fists.

  "Brother Min, come on!" Zhou Zi said goodbye to Min Xizhen and went to his room.

  There are too many people participating in the examination, and there is only so much land in the capital, so the area of ​​each room can only be reduced.

  Zhou Ziyan said that for such a big man to enter, he could only turn around twice.

  Lying down on the wooden bed, I couldn't even straighten my legs.

  Candidates who are as tall as him, or a little taller than him, can only curl up at night, which is really uncomfortable.

  There were two charcoal braziers in the room, and Zhou Ziyan lit one as soon as he arrived to warm the small room.

  The small room also has its advantages. At least a charcoal brazier can warm the entire room after burning it for a while, so that the candidates will not be kept cold.

  The conditions in the capital are indeed different. Zhou Ziyan's meals in the room include both meat and vegetables, as well as a hot soup to warm his stomach.

  Large dosage, fresh taste.

  It's better than what some poor families in Maminggou eat every day.

  On the night of the eighth day of the lunar month, Zhou Ziyan huddled up on the wooden bed, covered with two layers of quilts, and had to put his thick cotton coat on top to keep his body warm.

  "Alas." Zhou Ziyan couldn't help but sigh as he looked at the roof. This imperial examination not only tests knowledge, but also the candidates' mentality and ability to endure hardship.

  No matter how many times he has passed the exam, Zhou Ziyan misses the modern exam system very much. Why should he suffer such a sin!

  He, a grown man, felt so uncomfortable, but if it were the younger Song Douding and the others...

  Zhou Ziyan thought about it and slowly closed his eyes.

  In my dream, I wonder if I can dream of everyone in Maminggou.

  At this time, Xinyang Academy was far away in Maminggou.

  Song Weifeng applied to Chief Wen Shan and specially opened an altar to offer incense in the small courtyard of their residence.

  The ones they worship... are of course Wenquxing, and their local gods in Maminggou.

  "God bless and bless Brother Zhou to be well and to have a smooth exam." Song Weifeng, wearing a pure Taoist robe and holding three sticks of incense, knelt on the ground piously and made a wish to the gods to bless Zhou Ziyan that everything would go well.

  Behind Song Weifeng, the children stood in line, holding three sticks of incense. They knelt down one by one and prayed to God to bless their wife's trip smoothly.

  They were far away from the capital and had no other ability to help Zhou Ziyan, so they had a small futon each and had to keep lights on and pray for Zhou Ziyan all night long.

  In Daqing, staying up all night to pray for blessings is a very sincere and tiring ritual.

  Keeping a lamp involves not only keeping a lamp, but also lighting lamps in a fixed direction according to the auspicious time calculated in advance, and lighting incense to comfort the gods.

  It can be said that I couldn't sit still all night.

  Counting until the ninth day of the lunar month tomorrow, a total of eight auspicious hours were calculated, so each of them received one hour, and everyone took the rest together.

  Everyone lifted up their robes and knelt on the futon, clasping their hands together and chanting sutras.

  Outside the small courtyard, Zhang Jiawang, Zhou Qifang, Song Yan and Zhang Xuefei were kneeling at the front, followed by many students who came spontaneously.

  They sat down on their knees with their futons in hand and clasped their hands.

  They may not be able to hold on all night, but they can still pray for Master Zhou with the most sincere gesture.

  Heavy sounds of praise came from the small courtyard of Xinyang Academy.

  Following the unrestrained night breeze, he was sent to the distant Gongyuan of the capital.

  I hope that this examination can be held smoothly, so that Daqing students can come before the people and His Majesty like a pearl from the dust.

  Secondly, I hope that your majesty will be wise and discerning, select outstanding talents, and jointly govern a peaceful and prosperous era.

  The amiable Mr. Zhou showed his talents in the examination and won the first place.

  Thousands of glory are added to it, and the spring scenery of the capital can be seen all in one day.

  On the ninth day of the Lunar New Year, Zhou Ziyan woke up early and after cleaning himself up, he heard the first blast of cannon.

  The first test will only be held for one day, and papers will be submitted on the morning of the tenth day of the Lunar New Year at the latest.

  Although the content of the examination is familiar, the examination weakens the importance of poetry and poetry and increases the examination of current politics and policy theory.

  There are also many taboos in choosing test questions.

  The topic should not be used for punishment by the imperial court, it should not ridicule current affairs, and it should not be divided from the classics without authorization.

  In other words, the examiner cannot add his own ideas to the selected articles and classics, so as not to directly reject those articles that are inconsistent with the examiner's opinions when judging the paper.

  The first session consists of six test questions, all from the Four Books and Five Classics, with at least 500 words of detailed explanation for each question.

  When answering, it is the same as before. It cannot be separated from the scope of classics, but it must be meaningful and connected with the current Daqing current affairs.

  Six questions, almost six unrelated questions. After each one, you have to clear your head of knowledge, reinvest in the next question, change your thoughts, and answer again.

  At this time, it was just dawn, and Zhou Ziyan turned his wrist and began to study the ink.

  In early spring, the ink cools quickly and dries quickly. It requires constant stirring to spread the ink.

  It takes one day to write six questions. The amount of work is quite large, so no quarter of an hour can be wasted.

  The scratch paper given out during the provincial examination was of some use, but when it came to the general examination, the use of the scratch paper was reduced.

  Zhou Ziyan can still write one or two points of outline on the draft paper, but those candidates who write slowly have no time to copy, so they simply go over it on the answer sheet.

  In fact, starting from the provincial examination, every time the examination papers are reviewed, the examiners not only examine the candidates' knowledge, but also begin to examine the candidates' handwriting.

  Those elegant and unrestrained fonts are only used by candidates to obtain talents outside the imperial examination, and they will definitely not work in the examination room.

  The grading volume of the examination cannot be compared with that of the local examination, so the font of the imperial examination should be smooth, steady, clear and easy to read.

  Once the font is ready, we still need to find ways to improve the readability of an article.

  How to start, how to proceed and how to conclude, and how to end are all important.

  The knowledge of every candidate is the same, but it is such a small detail. Unless there is special guidance, it is difficult for ordinary candidates with no knowledge to know the secrets.

  In the past, candidates relied on luck, or else they had to rely on their own knowledge.

  Those with excellent knowledge can pass, but those with poor knowledge cannot pass, so they can only accept their fate.

  But this time, some candidates studying in the capital are different.

  They already know what to pay attention to when answering the test, and they also know what paragraphs and tone are most comfortable for the examiner.

  All this was due to the "Key Points of the Imperial Examination" published by the imperial court.

  Through this book, they can see all the details that they didn't know before, and they no longer need to be confused like before.

  As long as they follow what is written in the book and correct their writing habits, they can write an article that meets the standards of the examination room.

  Such a good thing is the credit of the imperial court and the author!

  Zhou Ziyan has written the outline of the draft and is writing furiously with his pen in hand.

  Little did they know that in the same examination room, there were already candidates who planned to make a memorial tablet to the author of "Imperial Examination Syllabus Key Points" after the examination.

  For the imperial examination, the right time, right place and right people are indispensable.

  Some people have stage fright, but they can burst out their wits when answering and finish the exam in one go. Some people are well prepared, but start to get nervous as soon as they arrive in the exam room, and end up hastily.

  The moods of people in the world are all different.

  Zhou Ziyan couldn't control the sky or anything other than himself, so he could only stabilize his mentality and make himself write better and better.

  Do your best.

  Then let fate take its course.

  Eating cold steamed buns, Zhou Zi said that he never slacked off for a moment, and his nervous expression finally relaxed in the evening.

  All six questions have been written.

  At this time, he still had a small piece of frozen steamed bun in his mouth.

  The steamed buns were distributed at noon, but Zhou Ziyan was busy writing an article and eating while writing. In the end, he got so excited about writing that he forgot to eat.

  Look, the steamed buns were completely cold in one afternoon.

  Zhou Ziyan slapped himself and put down the steamed bun dumbfounded.

  He checked his answers again and handed in the paper.

  Not many people gathered at the gate of Gongyuan. Everyone was holding their own baggage. Even though they had already handed in their papers, they seemed to have not escaped from the tension of the day.

  Everyone's eyes were dull and their reactions were slow.

  As soon as Min Xizhen came out of the room, he saw Zhou Ziyan standing in the courtyard, still wearing the same thick cotton robe, with his back stretched out, dignified and elegant.

  Completely different from the candidates next to him who seemed to have lost their souls.

  "Brother Zhou."

  "Brother Min." Zhou said hello to himself, but did not ask about Min Xizhen's answer.

  The same is true for Minxi Town.

  They all maintained a silent understanding and never mentioned today's test questions.

  More candidates came out of the room one after another. Some sighed and walked slowly, while others looked solemn and could not hide their excitement.

  People who knew each other gathered together and couldn't help but start discussing today's exam.

  "Brother Zhang, brother Zhang, how did you write the first question?"

  "Brother Li, hey! I probably wrote something wrong..."

  "Brother, you..."

  While chatting, someone mentioned the "Key Points of the Imperial Examination Syllabus".

  "Thanks to me, I carefully read the monologue "Key Points of the Imperial Examination Syllabus" before, otherwise I would definitely be flustered today."

  The speaker was clutching his chest, where his heart was still beating like a drum.

  The person next to him nodded and said: "Who is this author? He was able to write such a book through the imperial court. And this is the only book he has written for more than two years?"

  "I don't care who he is, I just think why can't he write more?!" Another person beat his chest, "The monologue was written until the examination, and the rest was gone in just a few strokes. What about the palace examination? What about the Qionglin Banquet? ?Why don't you write more!"

  "Good boy, are you still thinking about the imperial examination?"

  The people around burst into laughter.

  The person who was laughed at was not anxious or annoyed, and said: "You don't want to? You don't want to?"

  "..." The others suddenly fell silent.

  Yes I do!

  Who wouldn't want to!

  Isn't the purpose of decades of studying life just to sell it to the emperor's family?

  We've all gone to the examination hall, who doesn't want to go to the palace examination? !

  But in the end, only a few hundred people were selected for the examination, and there were thousands of people participating this year.

  In other words, among their group, only one or two people can pass the exam.

  The remaining people can only fight another time.

  So harsh, so cruel.

  But there are still millions of people willing to go there, like rivers and lakes, the flow never stops.

  When the time came, the Gongyuan opened the door, and the candidates who gathered at the door left the Gongyuan one after another.

  Gu Hongwen, Jiang Nanxing, Gu Siwen and others were waiting outside the door.

  There was also a Sui standing next to them.

  Since Ah Sui entered the Zhou family's residence, she has often seen Zhou Ziyan's classmates, and she is also an old acquaintance with Gu Hongwen and Jiang Nanxing.

  But Gu Siwen had never met A Sui.

  Zhou Ziyan was just about to walk over and say hello to everyone when he heard the examinee next to him say: "Hey, isn't that Miss A Sui? Is she still in the capital?"

  "..." Zhou Ziyan slowed down.

  "Asui? Which girl is she? Do you know her?" There were also people who didn't recognize Asui.

  The examinee next to me said again: "Miss A Sui is the maid beside Mr. Zong Xian, an official in the capital. Oh, brother Li, I'm sorry. I forgot that you are not a local student in the capital. I'm really sorry."

  "Nothing. Are you talking about Mr. Zongxian? The famous Da.Sanyuan in the history of Daqing imperial examination?"

  "It's him. There are few servants in his house, and many things are taken care of by Miss Asui. Therefore, those of us who live in the outer city know that as long as we see Miss Asui, we will definitely meet Mr. General Xian. Asui What the girl said is equivalent to what Mr. Zongxian said."

  "I see."

  "..." Zhou Ziyan slowed down again and decided not to compete with these people.

  I heard the examinee next to me still saying: "But since Mr. Zong Xian left the capital, Miss A Sui has also left. Strangely, now that Miss A Sui is back, is that master also coming back?"

  The man slapped his fist and said, "Yes, the adults must be back together!"

  "...It's also possible that Miss A Sui came back on her own?" His companion shook his head, "Let's not talk about this anymore, let's leave quickly."

  "You don't understand, Brother Li, come and listen to me explain..." The man caught up with his companion and continued to talk about the wonderful fate between Miss Asui and Mr. Zongxian.

  Zhou Ziyan stood there and looked at the many candidates and their family members who came to pick them up. From time to time, he would cast his eyes on A Sui.

  There were still a few people who were vaguely ready to make a move, as if they wanted to 'reminisce' with A Sui and ask what happened to her master.

  Zhou said to himself: "..."

  Otherwise, he should find a small way back to the Imperial College today.

Chapter 106

  Not to mention how Zhou Ziyan successfully returned to the Imperial Academy, he only said that Mr. Liu, the current Minister of Rites, was anxiously walking around the Gongyuan.

  Mr. Liu is the man who loves sweets as written in Zhou Ziyan's book.

  As he walked, he felt bloated and held a piece of sweet pastry in his hand. He took a bite and cursed.

  The one who was scolding was Zhang Hanlin who was drunk next to him.

  "Lao Zhang, I'm talking about Lao Zhang! Today is the day of judging, and you actually started drinking early in the morning. How can I say hello to you!" Mr. Liu was so angry after saying this that he quickly stuffed in a mouthful of pastry and sweetened it. Taste calms down one's temper.

  As for Zhang Hanlin, he was holding a wine bottle and lying on a chair. He didn't feel at all aware of being scolded, but still, he pretended not to hear His Majesty scolding him, let alone Mr. Liu?

  "It's okay, just one bite...one bite is enough!"

  That being said, Zhang Hanlin looked like he had taken more than one sip of Tuohong.

  Mr. Liu really wanted to use his official hat to kill the irritating Zhang Hanlin in front of him. He snatched the wine bottle from Zhang Hanlin's hand and hit Zhang Hanlin on the head with the bottom of the bottle. "Get up, get up quickly! If you don't get up, I'm going to write an excerpt to criticize you right now! I, I, I, I will ask Your Majesty to scold you, you drunkard!"

  He and Zhang Hanlin are both the examiners of this examination.

  When he received the appointment, he saw that his partner was Zhang Hanlin. He immediately covered his forehead, blinded and darkened, and his instinct was about to end.

  Without him, this Zhang Hanlin really loves drinking!

  He and Zhang Hanlin were officials in the same dynasty. In the early years, Zhang Hanlin was still a diligent and studious young man. But who knew that as he got older, he gradually turned into a drunkard.

  Even His Majesty finds it unbelievable, why do some people like to drink more as they get older?

  He drank so much every day that although he did not delay his duties, the smell of alcohol was enough to make people cover their noses.

  Faced with many accusations, Zhang Hanlin had only one sentence: "I have been an official for half my life, but when I get old, I can't even take two sips? Not even?!"

  Facing the questioning from Hanlin University Scholars, except for those adults, who would dare to say no?

  I can only recognize him by pinching my nose, and occasionally I have to have a drink or two with this Zhang Hanlin.

  However, Zhang Hanlin's wine was really not good. After drinking, he would win over his drinking buddies and say that he would treat each other with all his heart.

  After so many years, almost the entire imperial court was Zhang Hanlin's sworn brother.

  Even Emperor Jingxuan was pulled by Zhang Hanlin to worship him. If the father-in-law next to him hadn't stopped Zhang Hanlin, he would have really been worshiped by him.

  Mr. Liu respects Zhang Hanlin very much, but it would be a real headache to host the examination together with Jiu Mengzi.

  Sure enough, after the first exam, Zhang Hanlin couldn't hold himself back any longer. He stole a bottle of wine from somewhere and drank it.

  "I beg you, Zhang Hanlin!" Mr. Liu carried Zhang Hanlin to the main seat like a sack, "I have brought over the screened papers, can you please take a look at them? Can this be done?" Try, know how to try!"

  Master Liu just twisted Zhang Hanlin's ears and shouted in his ears: "Wake up, I'm going to try now!"

  Zhang Hanlin took out his ears, burped, and started reading the papers one by one with a red pen in his hand.

  "This, what you wrote, it makes no sense. Throw it away."

  "The handwriting is bad, I can't understand it, so throw it away."

  "Touting flattery, talking about drinking for hundreds of words, and being an old man with no brains? Throw it away."

  "..."

  Although Zhang Hanlin was drinking, he read the papers very quickly, squinting his eyes and looking at them one by one.

  In just a few seconds, the examination papers thrown away from his hands were spread all over the floor.

  Mr. Liu was like a child catching fruit, running around picking up papers and reading each one.

  He and Zhang Hanlin actually had the same opinion.

  Mr. Liu was finally relieved that although Zhang Hanlin was a drunkard, he was still a drunkard who knew how to measure things.

  "Hey, isn't this the handwriting of a child of the old Li family?" Zhang Hanlin held a piece of paper and said "tsk, tsk" twice, "I said, why does this old boy always come to me to read the poems of his children? Feelings You want me to remember the child's handwriting."

  "...There are so many evil thoughts, why don't they use them on the right path?" Mr. Liu packed up the papers on the floor, shook his head and sighed.

  The test paper seems to be rigorous, but for families whose parents have family members who are officials in the court, there are too many things that can be done.

  The family usually interacts with each other, but suddenly one day, an uncle, uncle, and brother whom he is familiar with are selected to be the examiners for the examination. Why can't such a close relationship be used?

  If nothing else, let's just talk about Mr. Li's behavior. When he has something to do, he will show the works of the children at home who are going to take the imperial examination to the colleagues in the court and central government for appreciation. Over time, everyone will have a rough impression of this child.

  On the day of the imperial examination, when I see a paper with a similar writing style, even if the candidate's name is blocked, I can immediately recognize who it is.

  Such behavior hidden under the rules of the imperial court cannot be understood by outsiders.

  But those candidates from ordinary families do not have such opportunities.

  You can only rely on your own hard knowledge to fight your way out.

  Because it was a paper written by a colleague's child, Zhang Hanlin had a little more patience. After reading it, he still frowned and threw it to the ground. "What a lousy article it was written. No wonder it has such unfair intentions. I'll have a good time with Lao Li some other time." Let me tell you, studying hard is better than anything else."

  "Old Li is a rough guy himself. It's difficult to get him to understand how to study hard." Mr. Liu picked up the paper from an acquaintance, shook his head and put it on the right side.

  The left side is a paper ready for secondary approval, while the right side is directly unacceptable.

  Poor Mr. Li's child, at the end of this examination, he will inevitably be scolded.

  Zhang Hanlin watched for a long time and began to feel bored.

  The articles written by these supervisors this time are very good in succession and transition, but they are very boring.

  It's like filling in a standard frame with your own boring thoughts, dull and meaningless.

  "These candidates seem to have learned something, but in fact they still know nothing."

  How could Zhang Hanlin not know why these candidates were in such a situation? They thought they had found a precious book about the imperial examination, and read it all day long, and revised their articles according to what was written in it.

  Little did he know that such actions were destroying his own aura.

  Who wrote this book, he knew.

  He also knew how the contents were written.

  That's why he felt that these candidates seemed to be enlightened, but in fact they were just stupid fish.

  Stupid people will only delete, delete, and modify their articles to fit the standards in the book, while smart people will make the standards work for their own articles, thereby forming a new set of standards.

  The imperial examination has never been rigid. One is one, two is two. This is the difference between people.

  This group of candidates this year are no good, no good... they are still far from it!

  "..." Zhang Hanlin smacked his mouth, yawned and turned to the next paper. After reading two sentences, his eyes suddenly widened, "Huh?"

  He flattened the paper in his hand and began to consider each word.

  "It's very similar!"

  Zhang Hanlin couldn't sit still, so he directly raised the paper, raised his head and continued to read, "This writing, this tone, and this aura of pointing the world... are too similar!"

  "What does it look like?" Mr. Liu came over and took a look, and opened his eyes instantly, "This is not... not -"

  As if he thought it was impossible, he rubbed his eyes and took another look.

  Still such an article!

  No matter the angle of cutting or the choice of words and sentences, he is just like that slippery boy.

  Zhang Hanlin put down the paper and frowned: "Do you think this is him or a student he taught?"

  "He must be in the capital now." Master Liu was so angry when he thought about the damn "Imperial Examination Syllabus Key Points" that he said he loved sweets. Since he was announced as the chief examiner, he would receive one every day in the mansion. A mess of sweets!

  Zhang Hanlin held a red pen, dipped it in ink, and wrote a big "excellent" on the paper.

  "Forget it, no matter who wrote it, this article is extremely eye-catching."

  It deserves the word 'excellent'!

  Mr. Liu held this paper and put it aside alone.

  Zhang Hanlin looked through several more papers. Although there were a few 'excellent' papers, none of them were as eye-catching as the one just now.

  After reading it roughly, Zhang Hanlin had been in the imperial examination room for a long time, and he already had a good idea of ​​his ranking in this examination. He picked up the wine bottle again, took a sip, and sighed: "This kid, he wants to get the third grade again." Yuan Ji Di!"

  Mr. Liu: "I really don't know what kind of riddle Your Majesty is playing with him. Is it possible that he will have to try again in the end?"

  During the palace examination, all the courtiers will watch from behind the curtain, and naturally they will also be present.

  When the time comes, will he watch his former colleagues compete for the No. 1 pick, No. 2 pick, No. 2 pick and other titles?

  What a...what a ridiculous scene.

  As long as Mr. Liu thinks about it for a moment, he will feel that it is the greatest joke in the world.

  But somehow, Mr. Liu found it very interesting.

  It would be very interesting to see that boy being questioned during the palace examination!

  He must record the whole process, and whenever he gets into trouble with that person in the future, he will take it out and laugh at that kid!

  Zhang Hanlin obviously also thought of going together with Mr. Liu.

  A gentleman's revenge is never too late.

  Those brats dare to list their little hobbies in a book, so don't blame them for being so "little-bellied"!

  There were three examinations. During this period, Gongyuan was firmly guarded. Except for the candidates, everyone else could only enter and not leave.

  It was not until the last performance that the tense atmosphere slowly dissipated with the melodious bells.

  Zhou Ziyan stepped out of the Gongyuan. Although he carried the musty smell of the Gongyuan, his heart and body felt as light as a feather.

  It seems like it can be blown up by the wind at any time.

  The exam was finally over. He finally completed the imperial examination!

  "Cousin!!"

  Gu Siwen was the first to rush over, hugging Zhou Zixi tightly like a big bear, "The exam is over, you have finally finished the exam!"

  Behind Gu Siwen stood a girl in a hat.

  It's Asui.

  Ever since she knew how much inconvenience she had brought to Zhou Ziyan, she didn't want to come again.

  But she wanted to wait for Zhou Ziyan to leave, and she prepared a lot of things.

  So she came up with an idea. She put on a hood and said nothing to block some eyes.

  Zhou Ziyan was really puzzled. He had already done this, so why did he still come and wait for him to leave?

  A Sui shook his head and didn't explain clearly.

  Zhou Ziyan, a big piece of wood, naturally doesn't understand her thoughts, and Zhou Ziyan also doesn't understand how inspiring she is when she sees the master walking out of the Gongyuan, covered in rays of light.

  It was as if... it was as if she had followed the master and walked through it together to try it out. The excitement went straight into people's hearts.

  Ah Sui liked this feeling, so she would rather wear a hat than wait for Zhou Ziyan to leave.

  Zhou Zi said that the first thing he did after the exam was to go to the Guozi Supervisory Institution to pick up his letter.

  Even though he was exhausted physically and mentally now, when he saw the dozen or so letters from home, the fatigue in his body immediately disappeared.

  He returned to his room, took a shower, changed his clothes, ate the food sent by the kitchen, and opened the letters one by one.

  [My brother said to himself that the exam is coming soon. For some reason, we in the south also started to get nervous. 】

  [...This year, there are many more talented people in Maminggou, many of whom are children who came out of the ravine. Zhongzhi County is going crazy with joy. The magistrate of Yuenan even came to the Yamen to congratulate Magistrate Zhong. 】

  [Brother Zhou, when you see this letter, you should have already gone to the meeting to try it, right? There seem to be thousands of words to say in my heart, but I don't know how to put down the first word when I pick up the pen. I can only condense it into one sentence. Follow your heart and everything will go smoothly. 】

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 1.1K 67
NOT MINE OFFLINE READING 且拂 Author: Qie Fu Type: Danmei fanfic Status: Completed Last update: 2023-05-26 Latest Chapter: Chapter List Chapter 103 Tex...
20.7K 344 18
NOT MINE OFFLINE READING 孤獨的瓶子 Author: lonely bottle Type: Danmei fanfic Status: Completed Last update: 2023-06-13 The latest chapter: Chapter List...
30.2K 730 17
After Erza left magnolia for 5 years she has finally come back to the fairy academy! Gray seems overjoyed and he tries to be with Erza later on. But...
2.2K 140 9
Это был обычный день для черепах - прошло три года, боль от предательства Евы прошла, раны на сердце затянулись. Они живут своей жизнью: ночью отлавл...