The Imperial Examination Dail...

By Demens88

Summary too long, read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING http://www.fuxsb.com/chua... More

Summary + Chapter 1-5
Chapter 6-10
Chapter 11-15
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-25
Chapter 26-30
Chapter 31-35
Chapter 36-40
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 56-60
Chapter 61-65
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 81-85
Chapter 86-90
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
Chapter 161-165
Chapter 166-170
Chapter 171-175
Chapter 176-180
Chapter186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Chapter 201-205
Chapter 206-210
Chapter 211-215
Chapter 216-220
Chapter 221-225
Chapter 226-230
Chapter 231-235
Chapter 236-240
Chapter 241-245
Chapter 246-250
Chapter 251-255
Chapter 256-260
Chapter 261-265
Chapter 266-270
Chapter 271-275
Chapter 275-280
Chapter 281-285
Chapter 286-290
Chapter 291-295
Chapter 296-303

Chapter 181-185

45 0 0
By Demens88

 "Then we can only spend the Mid-Autumn Festival in Yuenan Mansion this year." Song Weifeng said.

  The provincial examination is held in August, and the day after the third examination is the Mid-Autumn Festival.

  I had it at home last year, but I will have it in Yuenan Mansion this year.

  "Yes." Zhou said that he is a modern person and has no idea where to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival. "It just so happens that we also have a look at the Mid-Autumn Festival in Yuenan Mansion."

  "Okay." Song Weifeng nodded.

  Although the candidates who came to take the provincial examination were not familiar with each other, they were all candidates from the same area, and they could easily chat together after just a few words.

  During the Mid-Autumn Festival, we just get together to spend the Mid-Autumn Festival together.

  Zhou Ziyan and Song Weifeng also joined in the fun, and followed Ye Lang to admire the moon, throw pots, and recite poems with the candidates from their county.

  During the banquet, many people clinked glasses with Zhou Ziyan, saying nothing more than, "Brother Zhou will definitely make it to high school," "I don't know if I can win," "No matter what, let's have a drink tonight!"

  Zhou Ziyan accepted them one by one.

  Some people who were familiar with Song Weifeng from Ma Ming Academy also came over to reminisce with him.

  Pushing the cup and changing the cup, talking and laughing.

  After the Mid-Autumn Festival, people who failed the previous rounds of exams began to leave one after another.

  Those who feel that their writing in the third scene was not good are still hesitating.

  If the writing is not good, there is no hope in high school, but what if there is some hope?

  Otherwise, just wait a little longer!

  But the imperial court in Fucheng is not a fool. Every time they pass the exam, they will count the people who have not passed the exam.

  If you don't pass the exam, you can no longer stay in the inn chartered by the imperial court. If you still want to stay here, you can only find a way to solve it yourself.

  When the final list was released, the dragon and tiger lists were posted, and there were all kinds of joys and sorrows under the list.

  Zhou Ziyan and Song Weifeng stood in the crowd, looking at the three words 'Zhou Ziyan' at the top of the list, and looked at each other and smiled.

  Zhou Zi said that he has confidence in himself, which is based on his understanding of himself.

  Song Weifeng has confidence in Zhou Ziyan because he has complete trust in Zhou Ziyan.

  In Song Weifeng's heart, Brother Zhou is a man of great talent, and he will definitely be able to go to the capital in the future!

  Song Weifeng also took a special look at the students who came out of Maminggou.

  It's a pity that all of their small town except Brother Zhou was wiped out this year.

  However, Zhong Zhixian should be happy for a while if there is a Jie Yuan.

  Ye Lang sighed and came over to congratulate Zhou Zi said, "Master Zhou, you are in high school as expected."

  "I finally passed the last test, but I still failed. It seems that I will have to work harder in three years."

  Ye Lang is studying at the same level and is a monk on the way. It is not easy to reach the last round of the provincial examination this year.

  Zhou Ziyan pressed Ye Lang's shoulder and said, "Don't give up on yourself. You and Wei Feng are both still young and have a long life ahead of you."

  "Don't worry." Ye Lang held Zhou Ziyan's hand. Even though he said it was okay, his eyes still filled with tears, "Master Zhou, I will never give up. I will definitely succeed in high school, and then I will be with you in a glorious way. Song Yan gets married."

  "I'm with you." Song Weifeng can end in three years. By then, he and Ye Lang can fight side by side again.

  More and more people came to see the Dragon and Tiger List. In addition to the candidates, there were also some servants and maids.

  They looked closely at the name number one on the dragon and tiger list and shouted loudly——

  "Who is Mr. Jieyuan? My master invites you!"

  "Master Jieyuan, Zhou Jieyuan, our Zhang family has already booked a restaurant and we are all waiting to celebrate Master Jieyuan!"

  "Zhou Jieyuan...!"

  The non-stop sound of "Zhou Jieyuan" gradually grew louder.

  There were actually many girls and boys wearing new clothes around, all holding their hearts in their hands and looking forward to it.

  It seems that the old rule of the past is about to come up - to catch the son-in-law under the ranking.

  Zhou Ziyan listened to the voices calling "Jie Yuan" and took Song Weifeng's hand and slowly retreated until he retreated to the periphery of the crowd.

  "run!"

  "!" Song Weifeng was immediately dragged by Zhou Ziyan to the inn where the list was posted.

  Along the way, there was a bustle of people and blooming summer flowers.

  The sound of the howling wind and the unbearable laughter of the two people could be heard in their ears.

  Once you reach the top, you will be able to see all the beautiful scenery in Yuenan.

  Returning to his guest room, Zhou Ziyan almost fainted from running. He could only hold on to the door frame and gasp, "No, I can't, I won't run anymore, I won't run anymore."

  He had only run two blocks and he was already out of breath. The exercise he had done before seemed to be of no use!

  Song Weifeng's face was neither red nor breathless, and even his hair was not loosened.

  But he was happy in his heart.

  His brother Zhou is really Jieyuan!

  Song Weifeng walked to the middle of the room and took out a wine cup and a jug of wine from under the table.

  "When did you prepare it?" Zhou Ziyan calmed his breathing and picked up a wine cup.

  Song Weifeng poured wine for them both, "It was prepared yesterday and waiting to be used today."

  Song Weifeng raised his wine glass, his eyebrows curved, "Brother Zhou, congratulations on your high school graduation!"

  "Congratulations!" Zhou Ziyan raised his eyebrows, picked up the wine glass, and clinked the glasses gently.

  If one jug of wine is not enough, then have another jug.

  The two of them avoided everyone and just stayed in this small guest room, drinking pot after pot, swallowing all their hard work in the past.

  I drank until the moonlight was shining on the willow branches and the wine bottle was spread out on the floor, then it seemed that all the discomfort in my body was gone.

  "No... no, I won't drink anymore." Zhou Ziyan propped up his arms, holding a small wine glass, leaning against the railing of the guest room, and sticking his head out the window to blow in the wind.

  I happened to see the moon outside.

  A crescent moon in the sky illuminates this land with its light moonlight.

  Today is the day when the results are released, and the world is full of drunken people, chatting and laughing in the wine jar, or crying bitterly.

  Song Weifeng's cheeks were also red from drinking. He was carrying a delicate wine bottle and sat down next to Zhou Ziyan in a daze, leaning on his arm and watching intently.

  Brother Zhou was sitting on the fence wearing a spacious round-collared robe, smiling solemnly and cheerfully.

  The moonlight in the sky and the breeze in the world seemed to like him very much. They would stir up Brother Zhou's hair from time to time, confusing other people's eyes and hearts.

  "It's so beautiful." Song Weifeng took advantage of his drunkenness to tell his true feelings, and even burped after speaking.

  "You're drunk." Zhou Ziyan smiled and drank up the wine in the glass, put down the glass, and slowly slid down the fence. He no longer had the lean posture he had just before.

  All that was left was laziness.

  Song Weifeng moved his body and leaned over, with the outer layers of clothing sticking tightly to each other.

  Through the light clothes, Song Weifeng could feel Zhou Ziyan's hot temperature.

  The redness on my face seemed to be getting worse and worse.

  It seemed like he was going to burn up.

  Zhou Ziyan's sleeves covered the sides of Song Weifeng's legs, and Song Weifeng deliberately put his hands under Zhou Ziyan's sleeves, as if they were holding hands.

  Unexpectedly, a pair of thick, dry palms actually held his hand, and his thumb gently touched his palm.

  It is self-evident who the owner of the hand is.

  Song Weifeng looked up, and Zhou Ziyan didn't look away, just leaning against the fence to feel the tranquility.

  It's like nothing happened.

  But the hand hidden under his sleeve held Song Weifeng's hand tightly.

  "..." Song Weifeng didn't want to ask the reason.

  With such beautiful scenery and such beautiful people, asking about those things is really embarrassing.

  "Brother Zhou, I seem to be dizzy, please lend me a hug."

  Song Weifeng's left hand was held by Zhou Ziyan, so he turned around using the gesture of holding hands, leaned his back against Zhou Ziyan's strong shoulder, picked up the wine bottle on the fence with his free hand, and drank it.

  Now, looking from a distance, it turned out to be Zhou Ziyan holding Song Weifeng in his arms.

  The extreme intimacy makes people blush and their heart beats.

  "You're still drinking when you faint?" Zhou Ziyan pointed out Song Weifeng's little thoughts, but did not leave.

  Song Weifeng put his head on Zhou Ziyan's head and said with a smile: "I'm happy today. It wouldn't be a waste if I didn't drink."

  Zhou Ziyan handed the porcelain cup to the jug and raised his eyebrows: "Then give me another glass. I won't come home until I'm drunk."

  Song Weifeng took the jug away and said, "This is my jug. I can drink it, but you can't, Brother Zhou."

  "Then I can only drink like this."

  Zhou Ziyan's wrist held Song Weifeng's hand holding the jug, using his strength to make the wine in the jug flow out.

  But he accidentally got two people's clothes wet.

  The wet clothes stuck to his skin, and Zhou Ziyan felt that he must be drunk to dare to do such a thing as Meng Lang.

  Song Weifeng was wearing a plain Cheng Ziyi, and the wet area suddenly became awkward.

  If you smell it carefully, it still exudes a strong aroma of wine.

  Zhou Ziyan didn't know whether he had drunk too much just now, or was now tempted by the strong fragrance and seemed to be even more drunk.

  Song Weifeng was not angry. He just pulled the wet area away from himself and raised his head: "It's wet."

He probably drank too much.

The mood is overwhelming, and I have no words to speak.

"Then let's close the window and enter the house." Zhou Ziyan couldn't help but lower his voice and lowered his eyelashes.

These words were spoken as if they were close to Song Weifeng's face.

"Okay." Song Weifeng sat up and lifted one side of his hair, "Actually, you can continue drinking in bed."

It turns out that this side of the hair is also dyed with the scent of wine, but he seems to be talking about wine, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Zhou Ziyan held Song Weifeng's hand all the time, hiding this secret under his wide sleeves, "Just right, we can sit on the soft bed and continue talking while drinking."

"When you've had enough, just lie down and rest?" Song Weifeng laughed, "But the quilt in the middle is really empty.

"

"..." Zhou Ziyan glanced sideways at the man, "You are so bold, aren't you afraid of suffering a loss?"

Song Weifeng was indeed bold, and replied: "Whoever suffers the loss can't say it."

"Okay, let's see who suffers in the end." Zhou Ziyan took advantage of today's drinking and put aside the past etiquette, Meng Lang's words came out one after another.

The two drunk men actually went to bed carrying wine bottles.

Pushing down the distinct quilt on the bed, the two of them had their legs touching each other, their shirts were crumpled into a ball, and they were talking some private words while drinking.

After a while.

"Brother Zhou, you are only wearing pajamas, and you seem to be a little cold."

"Then why not... cover yourself up with a quilt."

After a while.

"...Brother Zhou, your behavior like Meng Lang...is really against ethics."

"Then why are you so cooperative with me? Song Weifeng, you are also violating ethics."

"...If that's the case, then don't worry about etiquette anymore."

"You can't ask for it."

The next day, Zhou Ziyan washed his face and felt refreshed.

But before the waiter came to the inn to deliver breakfast, I received a gilded invitation.

"Lu Mansion?" Zhou Ziyan read the invitation and threw it on the bed, "Wei Feng, do you think it's the Lu Mansion from Qiaoyi? Invite me to a banquet in five days."

Song Weifeng sat on the bed and put on his clothes. He yawned slightly. The green hair on his forehead fell on his fair cheeks and collarbones, showing a bit of laziness. "This is the Lu Mansion. There is only one Lu Mansion in the whole Yuenan Mansion." It's this little seal."

Song Weifeng unfolded the last page of the invitation, and there was indeed a small seal of the Lu family on it.

"So that's it." Zhou Zi said, holding the buttons, buttoning the big buttons of the robe to the top one by one, and he was as strict and polite as before.

"Brother Zhou, are you going?" Song Weifeng held his head with one hand, revealing a white wrist.

"Go, just in time to see what's going on with the Qiao family." Zhou said with a smile, "I can also talk to Zhong Qiao about it when I get back."

"Okay." Song Weifeng was still suffering from a hangover. He put the invitation beside the bed and shrank into the quilt again, "Zhou Jieyuan, you will be busy today, so I will go to bed first."

Brother Zhou has passed the Xie Yuan exam. From today on, many people will come to congratulate him.

Thinking about that noisy scene, forget it, let's sleep a little longer.

Song Weifeng drank too much yesterday, and his fair and tender cheeks were still flushed. Even his voice sounded a little waxy and soft through a thin layer of quilt.

Zhou Ziyan felt itchy in his heart, and unbuttoned the last button he had just buttoned, "Actually, I still have a headache, so why not just rest in the guest room for a while today."

With that said, he sat on the edge of the bed, put the invitation away, lifted the quilt and lay down in it.

......

On the first day when the results were released, everyone was immersed in their own sorrows and joys and had no time to care about others.

But from the next day, everyone began to ask around who was Jieyuan, where Yayuan lived, and who Jingkui and Yakui were.

Although only one person from Maminggou passed the exam, Zhou Ziyan, there were many people from Yuenan Mansion who passed the exam.

Counting, there are six more people than last year.

Such good results, coupled with the fact that Jie Yuan came from Yuenan Mansion, made the magistrate burst into laughter.

I specially prepared an extra twenty taels when giving away the reward money.

So the red velvet tray delivered to Zhou Ziyan contained fifty taels of silver.

It is said that there are twenty taels of silver sent by Zhongzhi County overnight.

As soon as he heard that Zhou Ziyan had passed the imperial examination, Zhong Zhixian didn't even sleep. He woke up the chief secretary and Liang Baotou and asked them to go to Yuenan Mansion to deliver the silver reward.

Zhou Ziyan accepted it with a smile, turned around and took out three taels of silver to honor all the adults who came to give money.

The amount of silver reward that a person can get is only thirty taels. He can get fifty taels, which must be from the pockets of the magistrate and Zhongzhi County. This money cannot be taken.

So Zhou Ziyan bought a few good things, gave them to the prefect as a thank you gift, and then returned the money in a roundabout way.

After the provincial examination, I don't know when the deer roaring banquet will be held.

And now there is another banquet from the Lu family.

Zhou Ziyan and Song Weifeng discussed it and decided to stay in Yuenan Mansion for a while and go back after the Luming Banquet.

So anyone who wanted to send something had to go to Yuenan Mansion to deliver it to Zhou Ziyan.

In just a few days since the results were released, Zhou Ziyan received a large number of gold and silver gifts, as well as many pens, inks, papers and inkstones.

In addition to these, there are also rare objects and gadgets, all used to congratulate him on becoming Jieyuan.

There are so many things that it would take two carriages to carry them back.

Among them, some can be wanted and some cannot be wanted.

Zhou Ziyan wrote down the names of these people one by one, then turned around and sold all these things for money.

Then through the Yuenan Prefecture's network, he donated it to some poor families in Yuenan Prefecture, and specifically named these people as the donors.

Even if those people are dissatisfied, they cannot say a word that Zhou Ziyan is not good.

Song Weifeng stayed in the inn and made a list, "These people need to be given money... These people need to be given a banquet..."

Although everyone will send things to congratulate Jieyuan, similarly, Jieyuan also has to hold a banquet to thank his fellow villagers for their care, so as not to be irritated.

So Song Weifeng has been calculating which people only need to send some money and which people must give a banquet.

At the end of the day, Song Weifeng sighed: "As soon as I became Jieyuan, I will lose most of my family wealth. I don't know whether it is a good thing or a bad thing."

"It's just temporary. After you lift people, you can get five taels of silver every month." Zhou Zi said, unbuttoning his outer robe, changing into a new one, bowing his head and tying his belt, "And if you lift people, you can also work as a casual official in a small place." People can slowly save their money."

"That's true. Brother Zhou, if you become an official now, can you be assigned to our Maminggou?" Song Weifeng held the pen and had a sudden thought.

Zhou Ziyan immediately broke Song Weifeng's dream, "What do you want to do? Anyone who is an official cannot work in the place of residence, no matter how big the official is."

"Isn't it just a thought?" Song Weifeng gave Zhou Ziyan an angry look and continued to calculate the money to be spent.

"..." Zhou Zi said that he just came back to change clothes. After putting on a new coat, he had to go out for a banquet.

He has been extremely busy these days. Whenever he goes out to buy some cakes, he will always meet someone sending a greeting card.

Most of the people who sent the messages were local people from Yuenan Prefecture.

Zhou Zi said that he also wanted to see what these Yuenan Mansion locals were like, so he went there several times.

But I drank a lot of wine every time and had to deal with people's thoughts of "catching a son-in-law under the official list". I was really tired and panicked, and then I stopped going.

Five days passed in the blink of an eye.

The Lu family had complete information, and Song Weifeng's name was written on the invitation, so the two of them could go together.

Zhou Ziyan put on a brand-new grain-yellow t-shirt and a smoky green pine branch and crane cloak, and his whole person exuded an elegant atmosphere.

Song Weifeng put down the Chengzi clothes he had been wearing and put on a pair of bamboo-green and vermillion-colored clothes. The color of the horizontal lining was the same color as Zhou Ziyan's crane cloak.

When two people stand together, they look like two people, but they always look like one person.

The reason for the Lu Mansion's banquet was the birthday banquet of the old lady at home.

Zhou Ziyan didn't know whether it was really such a coincidence that the old lady of the Lu family held a birthday banquet after the provincial examination.

But he still bought a birthday gift and sent it to the housekeeper of the Lu family.

When the steward saw that it was the newly promoted Jieyuan, he immediately led the people into the main hall.

There are many desks in the main hall, and many people are already sitting behind the desks.

Everyone saw Zhou Ziyan coming in and heard the butler's introduction. They all knew that the young man in front of them was the Jieyuan of this provincial examination!

"Zhou Jieyuan, finally get to see the real person!"

"The Qi family is in Yuenan Mansion..."

"I will definitely come to my brother's house another day, and I'll get drunk before I stop!"

"It's easy to talk about."

"We will visit another day!"

Zhou Ziyan curled his lips and responded with ease. His three-point smile never changed, and he always looked kind to everyone.

  Anyone who looks at it will feel that Zhou Jieyuan is an extraordinary scholar who is easy to get along with.

  Song Weifeng was just a friend who accompanied Zhou Ziyan. He exchanged casual greetings and went to sit down first.

  He and Zhou Ziyan were together, and their positions were naturally the same, but they were separated from where Zhou Ziyan was standing by a double-layered screen with a crane.

  The seats behind the screen were still empty. Song Weifeng flattened his sleeves and looked at Zhou Ziyan surrounded by everyone, the corners of his lips slowly raised.

  Brother Zhou is indeed outstanding, he is so popular wherever he goes.

  Suddenly a person sat down next to him, and then an old voice came slowly, "Young man, what's your relationship with that slut?"

  "Huh?" Song Weifeng looked sideways.

  The gentleman who sat down was actually an old gentleman.

  The old gentleman was wearing the simplest brown linen shirt, holding a long beard under his chin in his hand, and was staring at Song Weifeng with bright eyes.

  He is in his sixties, and his hair is a little gray, but his face is rosy and he is energetic.

  "Zhou Jieyuan and I are good friends." Song Weifeng leaned back slightly and bowed his hands, "I am Song Weifeng, a native of Maminggou. I wonder what I call the old gentleman?"

  "Very good." The old gentleman stroked his beard and remained silent.

  What a strange old gentleman.

  Song Weifeng couldn't figure out the old gentleman's identity and didn't dare to talk nonsense.

  Over there, Zhou Ziyan finally finished his greetings. He grabbed his collar and walked casually behind the screen, "Wei Feng——"

  Before he finished his sentence, Zhou Ziyan had already seen the old gentleman sitting in his seat.

  Song Weifeng was just about to introduce Zhou Ziyan, but saw the old man standing up directly, pointing at Zhou Ziyan's behavior at this moment, gritted his teeth and said: "Boy, a gentleman is well-dressed, but such a banquet is still so disrespectful and etiquette, how unbecoming it is!"

  "No -" Song Weifeng was just about to refute something for Zhou Ziyan, when he heard Zhou Ziyan pinch his waist, and in a more casual tone than before, he raised his eyebrows and said slowly: "I am still wearing a pair of luxurious clothes, but some people, You know that you are old and have a strong sense of integrity. In such a banquet, you are still wearing a brown linen shirt. It seems inappropriate, right?"

  Song Weifeng looked at the old gentleman to his left and Zhou Ziyan to his right, "..."

  Okay, it seems he is someone Brother Zhou knows.

Chapter 88

  Since they are acquaintances, Song Weifeng thinks that they should be able to sit down and talk properly, right?

  Who knew that these words would be echoing in his ears for the next while.

  "You brat, I haven't seen you for a few years, but you're still so wild!"

  "Old sir, I haven't seen you for a few years, but you are still so clumsy and tongue-tied."

  "You are not dressed properly, you have no way of sitting down, and you have no way of standing up!"

  "You don't remember the banquet, you are dressed in coarse linen and sackcloth!"

  "..."

  The two of them were like children they hadn't seen for a long time, tit-for-tat and picking on each other.

  Song Weifeng listened for a long time and couldn't help but block his ears, for fear that Zhou Ziyan's image of being as bright as the bright moon would collapse in his heart.

  "You...you!" The old man pointed at Zhou Zi and said angrily. He noticed Song Weifeng sitting quietly, and finally found a point. He scolded, "You have an affair without a matchmaker!"

  Zhou Ziyan's heart skipped a beat, as if he was told something that was on his mind, and his originally bright tongue became a little stuck, "You...you're talking nonsense!"

  When the old man saw Zhou Ziyan's appearance, he immediately understood that he had caught Zhou Ziyan's sore spot. He straightened his clothes and stood with his hands behind his back, "Huh, let me catch you. I think you have forgotten all the etiquette and dogma and the rules of a gentleman." I'm clean, but now I'm doing something that violates ethics!"

  Zhou said to himself: "..."

  Damn it, it must be Liao Weian who told the secret!

  Song Weifeng couldn't sit down any longer. Although the old gentleman was a friend of Brother Zhou, the words "there was no matchmaker" would damage Brother Zhou's reputation.

  He would never allow others to ruin Brother Zhou's reputation.

  "Old sir, what kind of person is Brother Zhou? I have known him for so long." Song Weifeng poured tea and water and pushed it to the old man, "Brother Zhou is an innocent man and teaches sincerely. Your words are meaningless. There is something wrong with matchmaking."

  The old gentleman looked at the warm tea in front of him, then at Song Weifeng, who was calm at the moment, and sat down.

  But he sat down and kept talking, "Don't you think I can see the relationship between you and that kid?"

  "Young man, I see you are also a child from a wealthy family. Do you know how to write about etiquette, justice and integrity?"

  Song Weifeng habitually touched his earlobe, where two holes were pierced, representing his brother status.

  Unexpectedly, this old gentleman could see through what was going on between him and Brother Zhou with just one glance. He was really very discerning.

  But Song Weifeng was not afraid of anything. He straightened his back slightly and sat as firmly as a pine tree. "Old sir, I can write about etiquette, justice and integrity, and I can also write about deep love and righteousness. Brother Zhou and I... have the same aspirations, but that doesn't mean we are the same." Forgetting etiquette, justice and integrity, we abide by all kinds of rules and regulations, but we will not forget the affection between us because of this."

  "Hey!" Zhou Ziyan sat down cross-legged and held hands with Song Weifeng in front of the old gentleman, "The two of us really like each other."

  The old man covered his face with his sleeves, not wanting to see Zhou Ziyan and Song Weifeng hold hands so grandly, "It's so shameless. It's so shameless."

  "Have you gone through a matchmaker? Have you hired a matchmaker?"

  "Can the elders in the family leave with three books and six appointments?"

  "If you don't have these, then what are you talking about! The world is getting worse, the world is getting worse!"

  Zhou Ziyan narrowed his eyes slightly and said, "Old man, when you were quarreling with others before, did you still remember the four words "loyalty to the emperor and patriotism"?

  "When you sit here and criticize a junior's etiquette and dogma, do you still remember that you should respect your elders?"

  "As a minister, you are unfaithful. As a leader, you are unjust. What rules have you followed?"

  The old gentleman clutched his chest, as if he was about to die of anger, "You...you still have the nerve to say, who do you think I am arguing about? You are a piece of shit, ungrateful and rude."

  Zhou Ziyan picked up the tea bowl and put it to the old gentleman's mouth personally, "Of course I remember the kindness, but you still have to argue about what should be argued about, right? Didn't you start saying that I dressed loosely as soon as I came here? It's not all your fault. "

  "..." The old gentleman squinted his eyes and accepted the bowl of tea.

  This means not being angry anymore and having a truce.

  The two of them would quarrel for no apparent reason every time, and then reconcile for no apparent reason.

  Zhou Ziyan returned to his seat and sat down, but the old man started acting like a monster again.

  The old gentleman's position was relatively close to Song Weifeng's, so he spoke to him: "Young man, I heard that you are also a local scholar?"

  "Yes, I just passed the exam last year." Song Weifeng folded his hands and answered obediently.

  "Why didn't you finish this year?"

  "I felt that my knowledge was still a little lacking. I didn't want to go to the provincial examination rashly, so I didn't go."

  Song Weifeng was so down-to-earth and obedient, which made the old man feel much better.

  Why did such a sensible and well-behaved guy follow that brat?

  The old gentleman felt a little bad in his heart, and he said deliberately: "Young man, since you are a scholar, can your family propose a marriage?"

  "...Not yet." Song Weifeng said.

  The old gentleman stroked his long beard and said, "I have several apprentices under my name, all of them are in the prime of life, and none of them are married. My eldest apprentice is not only handsome in appearance, but also knowledgeable as well as anyone. I will call him someday." I'll take you to study alone, maybe you'll gain something new."

  Song Weifeng felt that the eyes behind his back were a little fiery, so he could only bite the bullet and said: "Thank you, old man, but Brother Zhou... is also very knowledgeable, and I will be Jieyuan this year."

  Zhou Ziyan interrupted at the right time: "Old man, I'm not dead yet!"

  "If you die at your age, then I, an old man, will be buried in a coffin." The old man said angrily, "Of course I know he is Jieyuan, and I personally ordered his Jieyuan!"

  "Did you order it?!" Song Weifeng was really surprised now. The old gentleman in front of him was actually the examiner of this year's provincial examination? !

  "My surname is Lin and my courtesy name is Zhonghui." The old gentleman said his name slowly.

  Song Weifeng stood up in shock, "Zhong Hui... you are Mr. Lin!"

  "Sit, sit." The old gentleman, Lin Fanji, waved his hand and asked Song Weifeng to sit down.

  "..." Song Weifeng sat down stiffly, not knowing where to place his hands and feet.

  Grandpa, who is this person in front of him?

  Lin Fanji, courtesy name Zhonghui, is the most famous scholar today, Lin Xianggong!

  Mr. Lin turned out to be the examiner of this year's provincial examination, and he even personally appointed Brother Zhou to be the judge!

  Wait, what did he just do?

He actually refuted Xianggong Lin to his face!

  "Mr. Lin... No, Mr. Lin... I have offended you just now. It was you who was reckless." Song Weifeng hurriedly sat down on his knees, cupped his hands, lowered his head and apologized, "Mr. Lin, I hope that you, sir, will have enough time and don't argue with this kid." Calculate."

  "Brother Zhou, please apologize to Mr. Lin! This is your master!"

  Song Weifeng was anxious and urged Zhou Ziyan.

  "..." Zhou Zi said suddenly.

  The so-called "seat teacher" refers to the examiner of the rural examination.

  Because they have some rights to the candidates who have passed the examination, they can be regarded as knowledgeable people. For all the students who have passed the examination, they are like mentors.

  In order to distinguish him from his formal mentor, the title "Teacher" came into being.

  Therefore, Lin Fanji has now become his master. Can he not be depressed? !

  "Humph." Lin Fanji felt that he had been angry for many years and finally disappeared at this moment!

  He finally saw the boy's depressed expression, how could he say that he was happy!

  Perhaps Lin Fanji didn't think it was enough to touch his heart, so he deliberately pretended to be aloof, "No need to thank you, no need to apologize, it's just a matter of duty."

  "Mr. Lin is a righteous man." As expected, Song Weifeng lowered his head a little more, and at the same time continued to urge Zhou Zi in a low voice, "Brother Zhou, what are you thinking? This is Mr. Lin!"

  Zhou said to himself: "..."

  What was he thinking? All he wanted now was to find a place to get into.

  Or get a sack and put a sack on that old poseur.

  "Alas!" Lin Fanji sighed heavily with his hands behind his back, turned around, and said no more.

  Song Weifeng remained humble until Lin Fanji stopped talking. Then he breathed a sigh of relief and turned to beat Zhou Ziyan in a circle.

  Zhou Ziyan covered the place where he was beaten and said, "Wei Feng, why did you hit me?"

  "Brother Zhou, why don't you meet Mr. Lin?!" Song Weifeng was really angry with Zhou Ziyan, so he punched Zhou Ziyan a few more times and lowered his voice, "Even if you and Mr. Lin are old acquaintances, they are now The chief examiner of the rural examination even asked you to be the Jie Yuan!"

  "When he clicked on me, it was because my article was well written and I could explain it. It wasn't because he chose me. I was the one who explained it. Song Weifeng, you are putting the cart before the horse!" Zhou Ziyan rubbed his arms and shrugged. His eyebrows were full of sadness, "You actually hit Brother Zhou, it hurts so much..."

  "..." Song Weifeng couldn't bear Zhou Ziyan's coquettishness, so he helped massage his hands to relieve the pain, and lowered his voice and said, "Aren't I anxious? Such a big old gentleman is here, and not only do you not greet me, but you also act like It's like a stick, can I not be anxious?"

  "Don't worry...he won't be angry with me." Zhou promised confidently.

  Song Weifeng looked confused, "Brother Zhou, do you have such a good relationship with Mr. Lin?"

  "That's not true, it's just because I don't have a good impression on him at all, so naturally he won't be angry." Zhou Ziyan spread his hands and spoke confidently.

  "..." Song Weifeng really wanted to strangle Zhou Ziyan to death on the spot.

  "Besides, he recommended his apprentice to you. Do you know who his eldest apprentice is?" Zhou Ziyan curled his lips, "It's your Master Liao, Liao Weian. Liao Weian is Xianggong Lin's first apprentice."

  "Master Liao?" When Song Weifeng heard Liao Weian's name, his dark pupils moved and seemed to be brighter than before.

  Zhou Ziyan felt as if he was facing a formidable enemy, "What's your expression? You don't really have a crush on Liao Weian, do you?"

  "...Nothing!" Song Weifeng turned his face slightly, "Master Liao is humorous and kind. I only have admiration and respect for Master Liao. Who makes me like wood more..."

  "That's good." Zhou Ziyan didn't realize Song Weifeng was confessing to him at all, and only focused on throwing dirt on Liao Weian, "Let me tell you that Liao Weian comes from a noble family, and he is the legitimate son among the legitimate sons. Everyone from all sides is watching. As for him, being with him will definitely not end well."

  Song Weifeng was completely speechless after hearing Master Liao's bad words.

  He just said, the person he likes is a big loser.

  As guests entered the hall one after another, their place behind the screen became increasingly lively.

  It turns out that this is the most central seat for them, and the position at the top belongs to the old lady of the Lu family.

  All the seats are arranged in a circle so that no one can be offended no matter where they are viewed.

  Visitors all learned from outside that sitting behind the screen was Jieyuan, who was newly promoted this year. As soon as he sat down, he chatted with Zhou Ziyan.

  As for the old gentleman in simple clothes, they didn't know each other, and they didn't want to offend him, but they weren't affectionate either. They gave him a toast and skipped him.

  They still want to have a relationship with the young Master Jieyuan.

  Song Weifeng watched Zhou Ziyan being buried by the people who came to toast him, and took two steps back slightly.

  "Young man, he is so popular, don't you think you are too far away from him?" Lin Fanji sat in his seat, saw Song Weifeng, and asked him to sit down.

  Song Weifeng sat down as he was told and poured wine for Lin Fanji. He said: "Brother Zhou is capable, and he deserves it. But I am not incompetent. One day I can be as powerful as Brother Zhou. Popular."

  "It's just a false reputation, why pursue it so much." Without Zhou Ziyan's choking, Lin Fanji could finally speak properly, his rich voice with a pleasant simplicity.

  If Song Weifeng didn't know the identity of the old man in front of him, he would probably only regard him as an ordinary old man.

  Isn't that what those people who surround Brother Zhou are like now?

  Treat the old gentleman as an old man with no status.

  Song Weifeng pinched the corner of his clothes and asked boldly: "Mr. Lin, aren't you angry? Those people passed you by and went to talk to Brother Zhou. If you reveal your identity, they will definitely come back to have a drink with you."

  "I've told you, it's just a false reputation, no need to pursue it." Lin Fanji stroked his beard and smiled, "Young man, I guess that guy hasn't told you yet, right? His identity was not ordinary before. But this is the first time you see him. What was he doing when he was there?"

  "Just a little wife in my family." Song Weifeng mentioned the past, a little shy.

  At that time, he didn't know that Brother Zhou was so capable, so he just regarded him as an ordinary master.

  "Having fallen from the clouds to the ground, have you ever seen him resentful of others or depressed?" Lin Fanji raised his wine glass and touched it lightly with Song Weifeng, "It was just a false reputation. He and I both saw it clearly. ."

  "..." With such a close friend, Song Weifeng held the wine glass in both hands and finally realized that Mr. Lin was really an old acquaintance with Brother Zhou. "I originally thought that you and Brother Zhou were just casual acquaintances. I was attracted to you."

  "Young man, you are really a good person. It's a pity that you just followed that brat." Lin Fanji nodded, "What I said before is still true. My big disciple is actually a good choice. You are still young, so you can Think more carefully to avoid being deceived by some bastard."

  "...Thank you, old gentleman, for your kindness." Song Weifeng never expected that Mr. Lin would be so keen on matchmaking.

  When Zhou Ziyan finally escaped, what he heard was that old man Lin Fanji was promoting Liao Weian again.

  "I haven't settled the accounts with your eldest apprentice yet. He keeps an eye on me every day and tells you everything. Why doesn't he become a spy?" He talked too much just now and felt a little thirsty. Zhou Ziyan picked up the flask and drank hard. Take a bite.

  "Wei'an is about respecting teachers, do you think everyone is like you?" Lin Fanji saw Zhou Ziyan's behavior and began to dislike it again, "A gentleman's etiquette, a gentleman's etiquette! Forget it, I think you are like this You will never learn it in your lifetime."

  Zhou Ziyan sipped the wine stains from the corners of his lips and said, "By the way, why are you in the Lu Mansion?"

  "The Lu Mansion invited me here, and I just found a reason to come to see you." Lin Fanji said, "The Lu Mansion is also the most popular surname in Yuenan Mansion, so I should come and take a look. Not only me, but also Kong Ruiming is here too."

  When Zhou Ziyan heard the familiar name, he blurted out: "Is the old man still alive?"

  Kong Ruiming walked out from behind the screen like a ghost and said sadly: "Shu Zi, I disappoint you. I am still alive and well!"

  "Master Kong!" Song Weifeng bowed excitedly. He had an impression of Kong Ruiming, and it was Kong Ruiming who selected him to be a scholar.

  But later at the children's test banquet, he didn't have the opportunity to say a few words to Mr. Kong.

  Kong Ruiming stared at Song Weifeng for a long time, and finally remembered who he was, "It's you, my brother's scholar from Yuenan Mansion last year, right?"

  "I almost didn't let you go. I said why I dislike you so much. It turns out it's because you have a close relationship with this guy."

  Kong Ruiming was still the same Kong Ruiming. He seemed to have forgotten that he was biased against his brother at that time. When he saw Zhou Ziyan, he immediately put the blame on Zhou Ziyan.

  That's right, in his heart, Zhou Ziyan is a harmful person!

  "...Master Kong, these words are not appropriate." Song Weifeng was ashamed. In front of a scholar like him, he blatantly said that the child examination is appropriate?

  "It's been more than a year, it's okay." Kong Ruiming sat next to Lin Fanji and reminded Song Weifeng, "It was the Yuenan Prefect who persuaded me last year. If you have time, you should go and thank me."

  Song Weifeng immediately bowed his hands and said, "Student understands."

  At this time, the young man from the Lu family bumped into the small golden bell in the courtyard.

  As the melodious bell rang, the maid began to carry various dishes on the tray.

  The people gathered together invited each other to sit down and gradually stopped talking.

  In the hall, only the crisp sound of porcelain plates and bursts of silk and bamboo music could be heard.

  Zhou Ziyan bumped into Song Weifeng while drinking with his sleeves, "Weifeng, why don't you ask me about my business."

  "I believe you will tell me yourself." There was a dish of autumn crabs on the table, and Song Weifeng was cutting the crabs with silver-plated scissors.

  Hearing Song Weifeng's words, Lin Fanji sneered, "Concealing your identity and hiding your head and tail is shameful."

  "This is a little secret between me and Wei Feng, Old Man Lin, you don't understand." Zhou Ziyan shook his head and criticized Lin Fanji for being uninterested.

  "..." Lin Fanji was furious.

  But Zhou Ziyan was telling the truth.

  He and his wife were married in a family relationship. They did not know each other before the marriage. After marriage, they followed the etiquette and never did anything out of the ordinary in their lives.

  Most of this life has passed, and it's not as good as the two people in front of me.

  "How come you are so undisciplined?" Lin Fanji couldn't figure it out. "In the first half of your life, you scolded everyone you could scold with just one mouth, and no one could get any favors from you. But now you are I have restrained myself a lot and am no longer covered in barbs, but I have harmed a little brother again!"

  Zhou Ziyan listened to Lin Fanji's nagging and helped Song Weifeng with the crabs by the way, "There are gains and losses. Before, I was like a hedgehog, pricking people when I saw them, so I deserved to be alone and living here. But look at me now , although it is not as elegant as before, but I have met a being who is more worthy of protecting, isn't it another kind of gain?"

  "...What you said makes sense." Lin Fanji thought about what Zhou Ziyan said, "In the past, you were so bold that you seemed to have several lives. I thought that what you pursued at that time was what you cared about most. Things. But you seem to have changed now. Let me ask you, what do you value more now?"

  "What I cared about in the past, I still care about now." Zhou Ziyan wiped his hands and said casually, "It's just that I care about more now. Such as students, such as aspirations, such as... people."

  "I care about the people I have met along the way, the students I have taught, and the people who have helped me."

  "In the past, I did rely on myself to have no other worries, so I just went my own way. Now I probably won't."

  After saying this, Zhou Ziyan took care of a crab and put it in Song Weifeng's bowl.

  Song Weifeng peeled off the crab legs, dipped them in the sauce, and put them back in front of Zhou Ziyan.

  Zhou Ziyan picked up the crab meat, raised it high to signal to Lin Fanji, and then ate it in one bite.

  Lin Fanji had all his doubts cleared up, and he toasted to Kong Ruiming, "Come on, Mr. Kong, I respect you."

  "Lord Lin, I am really humbled." Kong Ruiming could choke Zhou himself, but he would never dare to choke Lin Fanji.

  When Lin Fanji was serving wine, he had to lower his head before he could clink glasses.

  Although this banquet is for the old lady of the Lu family, the old lady is old and can no longer eat at will.

  The old lady was helped out by several juniors to meet her. After saying a few words, she was helped back by the juniors again.

  Only the head of the Lu family was left, and a few of his heirs were still in the hall, chatting and laughing with others.

  Zhou Ziyan's guess was good. Whether this banquet was the old lady's birthday or not was not really important.

  It focuses on the relationship between families.

  As soon as the old lady left, the eldest son of the Lu family led a group of people to Zhou Ziyan's side and toasted them one by one.

  Unlike others, this eldest son obviously knew the identities of Lin Fanji and Kong Ruiming, so they were the first people to respect them.

  However, these two people did not want to disclose their identities, and after a few simple words, they left Mr. Lu to go about his business.

  Mr. Lu walked over to the seat, and Zhou Ziyan naturally stood up and greeted him.

  After several people bowed to each other, they drank the contents of the cup.

  "Zhou Jieyuan is indeed a talented person." The eldest son of the Lu family is already in his thirties. He also has several young masters and young ladies under his knees, and he is taking them out to see the world.

  The youngest child is only three or four years old.

  The child had pigtails and was held by his mother's hand. He bit his finger and called him Uncle Zhou Ziyan.

  Zhou Ziyan, who has reached Uncle Zhou's age, touched the child's head and said, "All these children are blessed. Mr. Lu is so lucky."

  "If he can be like Zhou Jieyuan in the future and win high school exams, then Mr. Lu will be really lucky." Mr. Lu felt ashamed.

  Zhou Ziyan smiled, neither arrogant nor impetuous.

  Mr. Lu had other merchants he wanted to meet, so he exchanged a few words with Zhou Ziyan and then left.

  Then many relatives from the Lu family came over to ask.

  After meeting one cousin after another, Zhou Ziyan lamented that the relationship between clans and relatives in this small place should not be underestimated.

  After three rounds of drinking, Lin Fanji and Kong Ruiming took their wine cups to the outer courtyard to enjoy the flowers and fish.

  Zhou Ziyan was seventy percent full and said to Song Weifeng, "Shall we go out for a walk too? I heard that the Lu Mansion also has pot throwing, Cuju and other tricks."

  "Okay." Song Weifeng didn't want to sit in the main room anymore, his legs were sore.

  The Lu Mansion is indeed the first in Yuenan Mansion. The entire mansion is decorated with carved beams and painted pillars, and the white ground is covered with rockery lakes.

  The huanghuali wood tapered ring board is carefully carved, using the most difficult inlay carving technique.

  The sun shines through Duan Dou Ge Xin and hits the ground. Zhou Ziyan and Song Weifeng are walking on the gravel path as if they are walking in a modern large park.

  This kind of decoration is no less than that of the home of a powerful person in Beijing. The Lu family has indeed a profound heritage.

  The people who came to the Lu Mansion as guests all had juniors who were studying and had children having fun, so the Lu Mansion prepared a lot of things.

  Put out kettles and Cuju, as well as flower ropes and kites that children like.

  Let the juniors of each family have a great time.

  Song Weifeng saw that his hands were itching, so he picked up a lot and threw it into the pot. Ten of the ten numbers hit the pot, which attracted a lot of admiration.

  Several children even rushed to ask Song Weifeng to teach them how to shoot more accurately.

  Zhou Ziyan went to the turtle carrying a jade candle on the other side. The stone turtle was carrying a candle-shaped pot.

  There are various chips in the candle. If you draw a food chip, you have to write a poem with the food on the chip. If you can't compose it, you will be forced to drink wine as a penalty.

  Several scholars were racking their brains to compose poems. When they saw Zhou Ziyan approaching, they quickly surrounded Zhou Jieyuan, hoping to get close to Xie Yuan and feel happy.

  Zhou Ziyan could only give blessings to each of them, wishing that they would be able to succeed in the imperial examination and return to their hometown with honor.

  Everyone asked Zhou Ziyan to try.

  Zhou Ziyan rolled up his sleeves and drew a chip. Unfortunately, his luck was so bad that he got a reward and punishment chip. He didn't even have a chance to write a poem, so he had to drink three glasses of wine as a penalty.

  He didn't show any shame and simply drank three glasses of wine, which received a round of applause.

  Just as Zhou was about to take a handkerchief to wipe his mouth, a gentle lady with a gold-woven skirt and a jade hairpin came over holding a child.

  "Zu'er, call someone." The lady pushed the child.

  The child calls out to someone obediently.

  Zhou Ziyan felt that this lady was somewhat similar to Zhong Zhixian, "Is Madam Mannia?"

  "Zhou Jieyuan." Mannia picked up the child, "This is the youngest in the family, he was just born this year."

  Zhou Ziyan said goodbye to several scholars and invited Mannia to sit at the stone table nearby.

  Mannia followed with the child in her arms.

  "I heard that Qiaoyi studied with Zhou Jieyuan and passed the scholar examination this year." Mannia looked very happy when she mentioned Zhong Qiaoyi.

  "Qiao Yi is living with Zhong Zhixian now, and he is doing pretty well." Zhou Ziyan sat on the stone bench, "I just don't know when you are going to take Qiao Yi back?"

  Mannia was silent for a moment, "Qiaoyi...are you still angry?"

  "Madam, you are overthinking." Zhou Ziyan smiled, "Qiaoyi is a good boy now."

  Mannia sighed, "You must know Zhou Jieyuan that my relationship with Qiao Yi is really shallow. Although I am Qiao Yi's biological mother, I have never been close to him. He doesn't respect me and doesn't regard me as his mother." , I really can't get close to him."

  Zhou Ziyan looked at the child in Mannia's arms, "Is that why you have this child now?"

  "My father must have told Zhou Jieyuan about my situation here." Mannia gently took care of the child's hair, "I can't help it."

  When the husband-in-law marries a concubine, she must have a child whom the husband-in-law likes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 151K 48
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
17.1K 319 29
NOT MINE OFFLINE READING 北風吹 Author: north wind blows Type: Danmei fanfic Status: Completed Last update: 2023-06-23 Latest chapter: Chapter List Chap...
1.4M 107K 42
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
27.1K 464 7
After a passerby marries a wealthy man, Author: Ning Yi Type: Danmei fanfic Status: Completed Last update: 2023-12-03 Latest chapter: Text Chapter 68...