The Imperial Examination Dail...

Por Demens88

Summary too long, read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING http://www.fuxsb.com/chua... Más

Summary + Chapter 1-5
Chapter 6-10
Chapter 11-15
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-25
Chapter 26-30
Chapter 31-35
Chapter 36-40
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 56-60
Chapter 61-65
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 81-85
Chapter 86-90
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
Chapter 161-165
Chapter 166-170
Chapter 176-180
Chapter 181-185
Chapter186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Chapter 201-205
Chapter 206-210
Chapter 211-215
Chapter 216-220
Chapter 221-225
Chapter 226-230
Chapter 231-235
Chapter 236-240
Chapter 241-245
Chapter 246-250
Chapter 251-255
Chapter 256-260
Chapter 261-265
Chapter 266-270
Chapter 271-275
Chapter 275-280
Chapter 281-285
Chapter 286-290
Chapter 291-295
Chapter 296-303

Chapter 171-175

49 0 0
Por Demens88

 The other masters distributed the article and circulated it together, and finally reached a consensus that "the person who wrote this article is most likely a certain Beijing official."

  Zhang Xuefei smiled bitterly, "This is the article written by Mr. Zhou from Chunliu Lane, who was the head of last year's county examination."

  "How is that possible?" The old master flattened the article, read it again, touched his beard and nodded, "If this person is the leader of the case, then the other candidates' losses are not unfair, not unfair."

  "How come such a talented person is not a student of Xinyang?"

  The other masters thought about Master Zhou's age and beat their chests, "If someone in his twenties can write such an article, he will definitely make a difference in the future. If he can become a student of Xinyang, our academy will definitely catch up with that horse." Ming Academy has become the largest academy in the county!"

  Perhaps Zhang Xuefei felt that the Masters' hearts were not hurt enough, so he added: "The seven-year-old scholar last year was the student of Master Zhou. The students of intellectual age who passed the county examination this year were also the students of Master Zhou." Master's student."

  He knew a lot about Master Zhou in private and had already memorized all the students under Master Zhou.

  Other Masters: "..."

  The old master was silent for a long time, then waved his sleeves and said, "Okay, let's go study and do the questions, lest a few children fail the exam in the future, which would be really embarrassing and send them back to their hometown."

  This sentence is more shocking than anything else.

  The old master seemed to have decided that the students from Xinyang Academy in front of him could not pass the exam like those few children.

  However, everyone looked at each other and saw worry in each other's eyes.

  It's very possible that they... really can't pass those kids.

  What a good thing!

  Zhang Xuefei and others wanted to visit Zhou Ziyan, but Chief Wenshan of Xinyang Academy came forward to suppress the students who were about to make a move.

  Chief Wenshan asked them not to disturb others during the children's examination, and it would not be too late to visit after the government examination.

  All the students listened to Chief Wen Shan and had no choice but to wait until the government examination was over.

  Moreover... they were still looking forward to it, wanting to see if the private school in Chunliu Lane could pass the government examination.

  What if it fails?

  As a result, the results of the government examination gave them a big slap in the face.

  These children squeezed the last spots and passed the government examination.

  Damn it, even if you were pressed for the last spot, you still passed!

  These children, less than ten years old, are only one step away from becoming scholars. How can we not make people jealous!

  This time, it was useless for Chief Wen to come forward. They must ask Master Zhou how he did it.

  I just didn't expect that Master Zhou and the other children had been living in seclusion since they came back from Fucheng, and their greeting cards were never delivered to the Zhou family.

  It was through Song Yan's relationship with Ye Lang that he and Zhang Xuefei went round and round to enter the Zhou family.

  When Zhou Ziyan heard this, he accidentally looked at the Song Yan student twice.

  The student named Song Yan is thin, elegant and elegant. At first glance, he looks like a young master who has been raised since childhood.

  When it came to her relationship with Ye Lang, Song Yan coughed slightly, feeling a little uncomfortable.

  Zhou Ziyan turned his head again and looked at Ye Lang.

  Under Zhou Ziyan's passionate gaze, Ye Lang's face turned red and he didn't know where to look.

  Just like this, what else does Zhou Ziyan not know?

  So that's it~

  Song Weifeng also immediately understood the relationship between Ye Lang and Song Yan, and couldn't help but punch Ye Lang, "Good boy."

  "...Ashamed, ashamed." Ye Lang cupped his fists and begged for mercy, telling Song Weifeng to stop teasing him.

  "Xuezi Song, how did you meet Ye Lang?" Zhou Ziyan moved the stool forward and sat forward, eager to eat this gossip.

  Song Yan's face gradually turned red, "The student and Ye Lang... met at a poetry meeting."

  "That's it, we know each other. Song Yan is very knowledgeable and good at poetry. He is not as good as a student." Ye Lang also touched his nose and answered.

  Zhou Ziyan waved the folding fan and kept nodding, "The two love each other, and the couple has no doubts. It's good, it's good."

  Song Weifeng punched Ye Lang again and whispered: "Why didn't you tell me?"

  "I thought you were very busy, so I didn't dare to disturb you..." Ye Lang begged for mercy again, "Please forgive me, I'm almost dying of embarrassment."

  "Hmph." Song Weifeng temporarily let go of Ye Lang, who was about to faint.

  After going through Xinyang Academy, the purpose of Zhang Xuefei and Song Yan's visit today was very clear, "Master Zhou, we all know that you have specially practiced the children's exam questions, but we don't understand that this kind of specialized training requires How to do?"

  "Master Zhou, please forgive me. We have been studying since we were young, but now we are suddenly faced with some test questions from the Shangtong Examination, and we still can't answer them."

  Zhang Xuefei and Song Yan smiled bitterly.

  When they found out that they might not be able to pass the exam even for five children, their hearts were heavy.

  I always feel that all these years of reading have been in vain.

  When asked about how to provide specialized training, Zhou Zi said he could only tell the truth, "If you have a certain understanding of the imperial examination, you will be able to sense that the trend of the imperial examination questions is actually consistent with the national policy of the imperial court."

  But this puts forward another requirement: the person who needs to write the question knows a lot about the imperial court...

  Zhou Ziyan is probably the only person in Daqing who can have a good relationship with Emperor Jingxuan, know what His Majesty is thinking, understand the key points of modern systematic examinations, and understand the procedures of imperial examinations and court. Zhou Ziyan is probably the only one in Daqing who can do it.

  This is a limitation of objective conditions... There is no way.

  Sure enough, Zhou Ziyan's words silenced both Zhang Xuefei and Song Yan.

  If they could know the direction of the imperial examination questions and the direction of national policies, they wouldn't need to ask Master Zhou anymore...

  The headmaster of their academy has been away from Qingjing Province for many years. Even the headmaster of Maming Academy, Liao, has never been in the court. In such a situation, how can we prepare examination questions for them for the imperial examination?

  It's difficult!

  Zhou Ziyan also discovered that he had a problem with his speech. His clever tongue in the past suddenly became clumsy at this moment.

  He didn't know what to say either.

  When several children usually attend classes, he combines modern education with ancient education. He uses modern education methods to learn the knowledge of ancient education, and supplements it with training for the imperial examination to achieve the current results.

  How should he explain this?

  If you talk about empty words like 'read more and read good books', I think the two students don't need it.

  It's difficult!

  Song Yan exhaled a breath, "Everyone has his own destiny... This means that everyone has his own destiny."

  He has already seen that only Master Zhou can do such training.

  When several children become disciples of Master Zhou, they will naturally follow Master Zhou's teaching methods and successfully take the imperial examination.

  And they have already entered Xinyang Academy and are not Master Zhou's students. Even if Master Zhou tells them any teaching methods, they may not be able to use them.

  "..." Zhang Xuefei folded his hands, looked at Zhou Ziyan with full eyes, and sighed, "I heard that Master Zhou also has a magical imperial examination book in his hand. I wonder if I can take a look at it today?"

  "Imperial examination book?" Zhou Ziyan had wanted to ask for a long time, "Where did this imperial examination book come from?"

  "...This matter is also our fault." Zhang Xuefei looked uneasy.

  It turned out that after Zhang Jiawang and Zhou Qifang ended their confinement, they circulated the books they had read in the Yamen that day around the academy.

  A book not only has annotations on the Four Books and Five Classics, but also dozens of test questions suitable for the imperial examination.

  Finally, there are various detailed explanations about the imperial examination.

  This is a magical imperial examination book!

  Under the diligent propaganda of Zhang Jiawang and Zhou Qifang, the name of "Imperial Examination Book" spread from Xinyang Academy.

  Anyone who has heard of it will definitely come to Chunliu Lane to ask about Zhou Ziyan.

  This is why Zhou Ziyan and others are always stopped halfway.

  "..." After listening, Zhou Ziyan firmly held the folding fan, "These two people should be locked up again."

  "After Principal Wen learned that they were gossiping, he locked them up again." Zhang Xuefei couldn't help laughing when he thought of the unlucky appearance of the two seniors.

  "It's closed well."

  Zhou Ziyan picked up the imperial examination book on Song Douding's table and handed it to Zhang Xuefei. He then picked up Wang Xiaoniu's imperial examination book and put it in front of Song Yan.

  "This is the imperial examination book you were talking about. It contains nothing more than some exercises."

  "The following content about the imperial examination is not as detailed as you think. It is just a summary."

  How could he have the ability to write down everything related to the imperial examination in detail?

  If he is sued by someone, he may really go to jail for 'fraud'.

  Zhang Xuefei and Song Yan stared blankly at the book in front of them that was as thick as two bricks, "This, so thick?!"

Ye Lang jumped off the stone platform and said, "Song Yan, let me take a look too."

"Why are you robbing others?" Song Weifeng took out his own copy and handed it to Ye Lang, "I use the same one they use."

Ye Lang's hand almost fell from the imperial examination book, "It's so heavy!"

"By the way, are you studying with Master Zhou now?" Ye Lang took the imperial examination books, but he still cared about his old friends first, "The provincial examination is coming soon, you can't slack off just because you are not in the academy."

When he heard that Song Weifeng had dropped out of school, he was shocked for a while.

But after a detailed discussion with Song Weifeng, he chose to respect Song Weifeng's choice.

Later, I heard from Master Liao that Song Weifeng had studied with Master Zhou and had not forgotten his lessons. He felt much more at ease.

"Don't worry." Song Weifeng avoided the topic of his provincial examination and only asked Ye Lang to study hard to avoid failing the provincial examination.

Ye Lang and Song Yan got together and looked through the imperial examination books in their hands.

What Song Yan had in hand was copied by Wang Xiaoniu. Compared with Song Weifeng's, the handwriting was much more immature and there were many traces of alteration.

"...If someone borrows it, I'm afraid they won't be able to understand it." Song Yan turned over page after page and came to such a conclusion.

Ye Lang couldn't understand Song Wei Feng's notes for a while. He scratched his head, "No wonder Wei Feng said this book can only be used by them. It turns out that they can only read it themselves."

What Zhang Xuefei has in hand is Song Douding's masterpiece. Compared to Wang Xiaoniu, Song Douding's handwriting is more unrestrained.

Zhang Xuefei had to read a sentence three times before he could barely understand what Song Douding was remembering.

Song Yan and Zhang Xuefei whispered: "Look...the ink marks here are all new, which means this book is getting thicker all the time."

"They still have to take the provincial examination. They must have been doing the questions and never failed." Zhang Xuefei's eyes were complicated. Several children worked so hard, but they were still memorizing them in the academy. In the end, they could only memorize a few articles. , How can they take the children's examination like this?

Several children jumped down from the stone platform and gathered around the three adults.

Song Douding: "Brother, what don't you understand? Can I help you?"

"I can do it too." Wang Xiaoniu said.

"Hmph, mine is much more detailed than theirs, why don't you read mine?" Zhong Qiao complained as he picked up his imperial examination book.

After hearing Zhong Qiaoyi's words, Pang Pangshan and Ergun shook their heads helplessly.

Zhong Qiaoyi is still so unwilling to admit defeat.

Song Douding stood up in front of Song Yan. Song Yan looked at Song Douding's chubby little face and said, "Brother, you..."

Ye Lang almost laughed out loud, but he forced himself to hold back his laughter and said, "Song Yan, this is Song Zhensheng, the youngest scholar in our town."

"What!" Song Yan stood up in shock, as if she couldn't believe that the fat kid in front of her was the seven-year-old scholar.

"I'm eight years old now." Song Douding was dissatisfied, "Next year I will be nine, and the year after that I will be ten! I will grow up slowly!"

"Song Xiucai."

No matter how old Douding is, he has a real reputation as a scholar.

Song Yan and Zhang Xuefei all stood up and bowed respectfully.

Song Douding laughed "hehe" and enjoyed this moment very much.

Song Weifeng couldn't stand it anymore and gave Song Douding another headache.

Zhang Xuefei turned to the detailed explanation of the imperial examination at the end and recited it word for word in his heart. When he encountered something he didn't understand, he asked Wang Xiaoniu.

Wang Xiaoniu lay on the table, raising her calves and answering one by one.

Zhou Ziyan saw that Zhang Xuefei was reciting, and he shook his head and said: "It's useless to memorize it. Every year, the examiners of the imperial examination are random, and the direction of the wind is not fixed."

"...It's better than not knowing anything." Zhang Xuefei firmed up his thoughts and recited silently.

Zhou Ziyan went to the kitchen and asked Ah Sui to boil two pots of water, and then poured tea and water for the students.

lest they die of thirst in their own homes.

Under Song Douding's explanation, Song Yan gradually understood what was recorded in this book.

His heart was pounding, and he was reluctant to put down the book like this, "Master Zhou, can we make a copy of this... this book?"

"It's so thick, you're going to copy it?" Zhou thought he heard wrong when he was pouring the water, and the hot tea almost spilled all over himself.

"It doesn't matter, it only takes a few days and nights to copy it." Ye Lang explained, "There are few classics in the town. Song Yan and I often copy and read, and we can finish it quickly."

Zhang Xuefei also nodded, "It's okay for the three of us to copy one copy."

It's also faster to copy this way.

Zhou Ziyan put down the teapot, "This book is not mine. You have to ask the author around you."

Song Douding and Wang Xiaoniu pointed at themselves, "Us?"

"What if?" Zhou Ziyan shrugged and turned back to put the tea leaves.

Facing the eager eyes of the three elder brothers, Song Douding and Wang Xiaoniu agreed without even thinking.

What they think is very simple. We are all students who want to take the imperial examination, so we should help each other!

"Thank you Song Xiucai, thank you Wang Xuezi."

Ye Lang was so happy, "We can't delay their class. How about we come over and copy the time after setting the time every day?"

"Okay." Zhang Xuefei and Song Yan thought it was feasible.

"It's not close to here from Xinyang Academy. Ye Lang, you are still from Ma Ming Academy. If you come here to copy books, you have to leave at night." Song Weifeng felt that this was a waste of time, so he put his imperial examination books in Ye Lang In his arms, "You can take this copy of mine and go back and copy it."

"Then what should you do?" Ye Lang was stunned.

Zhou Ziyan held the warm tea cup and said something out of his mind: "I can write it to him now."

Ye Lang: "..."

The atmosphere suddenly became very presumptuous.

Zhang Xuefei, Song Yan: "..."

It's amazing to be able to write a book.

Zhou Ziyan was so proud of himself, Song Weifeng choked in his throat, and his eyes were red from holding it in. He wanted to laugh but didn't dare, so he could only try to flatten the corners of his mouth, "Haha... indeed, Master Zhou can just write it again, so he won't If you delay me, just take it."

"Okay, thank you very much." Ye Lang stopped refusing and put the book directly into the bag that came with him. "This book is in hot demand now, so I have to protect it."

"Are there many people outside who want to see it?" Zhou Ziyan asked, "But these are just rumors."

"How can you catch wind and shadow? Master Zhou can let so many children of mental age take part in the children's examination. This is already very impressive." Zhang Xuefei looked at Zhou Ziyan with eyes filled with admiration, "Besides, Master Zhou himself is so young and talented. Because of this, it naturally aroused the curiosity of scholars outside and wanted to find out the secrets of the first and second imperial examinations from Master Zhou."

"What's the secret? It's just to study hard and read more." Zhou Ziyan waved down his sleeves and stretched his eyebrows, "I think you are not very old. Even if you don't make it in one year, it's not too late to go in the second year."

"If it can be passed in one year, naturally it is best to pass the exam early." Song Yan stood next to Ye Lang and glanced at Ye Lang, "If you start a family and start a career, if you complete it earlier, your parents at home will feel relieved."

Ye Lang quietly held Song Yan's hand through his sleeve, "Don't worry, I will definitely pass the provincial examination and come back to marry you in a glorious way."

"Oh." Song Weifeng stood on the other side of Ye Lang, suddenly forced to watch a mandarin duck drama.

"Xuefei, let's go. I've been bothering Master Zhou for a long time today." Song Yan called Zhang Xuefei.

Zhang Xuefei did not say goodbye immediately, but took out another greeting card from his sleeves with trembling hands, lowered his head and blushed: "Master Zhou...it will be the holiday of Xinyang Academy in five days, student...student wanted to Invite Master Zhou to go to the countryside to go to the lake with us. Here...this is a greeting card. I hope Master Zhou will come to the appointment."

Zhang Xuefei's wrist is extremely thin and white, and now it is covered with a light red color, with visible tremors.

Zhang Xuefei should be afraid.

Not only scared, but also a little shy.

Zhang Xuefei's move stunned everyone present.

Song Yan took a step forward, "Xue Fei, you...when did you have such thoughts? Why didn't I know?"

"...How can my little brother's thoughts be known to everyone?" Ye Lang looked at Song Weifeng and pulled Song Yan back, "Let's not get involved."

"No, I -" Song Yan was led by Ye Lang and stood behind the people.

After Zhang Xuefei finished speaking, Song Weifeng froze in place.

Brother Zhou is so outstanding that people will naturally admire him. Song Weifeng has already thought of this.

It's just that for so long, he has always been the closest brother to Brother Zhou, making him temporarily forget about this possibility.

Unexpectedly, this day has come.

Song Weifeng quietly took a step to the side. Judging from his stature, Zhang Xuefei was a head shorter than him and also thinner than him. He looked very good-looking in the imperial bachelor's uniform, like a young bud.

He couldn't help but think of those people's nonsense in the past: Song Weifeng, you are so tall, no man will want you!

Song Weifeng, how do you look like a brother? !

Song Weifeng, you, you, you, you are so arrogant, just wait to die alone!

Song Weifeng couldn't help but circle his wrist, it was so thick.

Compared with myself, Zhang Xuefei is good-looking and knowledgeable. He should be the most lovable kind of guy.

Zhou Ziyan smiled and took Zhang Xuefei's greeting card, "Thank you very much. If I'm free, I'll definitely go."

With so many people here, he couldn't refuse Zhang Xuefei directly in person, otherwise he would be embarrassed to come to the stage.

Zhou Ziyan picked up the writing brush on the two-stick seat next to him, wrote a few words, folded it, and handed it back to Zhang Xuefei, "Take this. We'll look at it when you get back."

Zhang Xuefei held the note from Zhou Ziyan and blushed completely, "Thank you, Master Zhou. Then we will go back."

After a few people left, several children gathered around Zhou Ziyan, "Master, Master, what did you write?"

Song Douding stood outside, pinching his waist: "Master, you have to be with my brother!"

If he is not with his brother, how can he be the master's brother-in-law?

Song Weifeng picked up Song Douding and said, "I'll let you talk nonsense again!"

However, the peripheral vision always drifted to Zhou Ziyan unconsciously.

He also wanted to know what Brother Zhou wrote.

Zhou Ziyan poured tea into the cup. No matter how others asked, he just didn't say a word. He looked very angry.

Zhang Xuefei walked out of Chunliu Lane, but still couldn't help opening the note Zhou Ziyan gave him.

There are only four big words on it: The heart belongs to someone.

"..." Zhang Xuefei bit her lower lip, feeling extremely sad.

"Xue Fei, what's wrong with you?" Song Yan asked.

"Master Zhou... you should already have a sweetheart." Zhang Xuefei put away the note, "Brother Ye, do you know?"

Ye Lang bought two candied fruit from the stall next to him and distributed them to the two boys. "Who else in that room do you think is Master Zhou's sweetheart?"

Ye Lang never thought about Song Weifeng and Zhou Ziyan before, but it has been so long, and he should know what he should know.

In his opinion, if two people are so close, it would be a good thing if they could get together.

Zhang Xuefei followed Ye Lang's words and thought that the upright brother of the Zhou family was a brother completely different from himself.

Zhang Xuefei has heard a little about this guy. He must have passed the scholar examination last year and is now studying with Master Zhou.

It turns out that I have already lost before I even tried hard.

Zhang Xuefei bit into the candy fruit, "It's so bitter."

"Don't think about it, just prepare for the child test in the future." Ye Lang patted Zhang Xuefei's shoulder and comforted him with Song Yan.

On the other hand, Zhou Ziyan felt that it was not a problem to keep making noise outside in the name of imperial examination.

How about sorting it out and having it published by a bookstore as a regular book?

Zhou Ziyan thought this idea was a good one, as it would just make him feel at ease.

He did what he said, and that night he dismantled a thick imperial examination book into a thin booklet.

Only detailed explanations about previous imperial examinations are left, and speculations about the adults are specifically removed.

This should be safe.

But this name... Zhou Ziyan bit the end of his brush and wrote a few big characters: "Key Points of the Imperial Examination Syllabus."

I will send it to the bookstore tomorrow, and I will definitely make myself clean as soon as possible.

Chapter 85

When bookstores publish books by private authors, they need to submit the manuscripts to the Yamen for review first.

The waiting time during this period was so long that Zhou Ziyan felt that it was not possible, so he took the manuscript to see Zhongzhi County first.

Ever since Zhong Zhixian learned that Zhou Ziyan had a mysterious and mysterious imperial examination book, he became interested in the true nature of the book.

Having read it several times from Zhong Qiaoyi, Zhong Zhixian did find the difference in this book.

It's just that this book is a private property of the family's private school. Even the magistrate of Zhongzhi County has no right to require this book to be sold to the public.

All the children at home who were going to take the children's examination looked at Zhong Qiaoyi eagerly, and he could only look at Zhong Qiaoyi's book and look at it with despair.

Now that he knows that Zhou Ziyan plans to hand it over to a bookstore for publication, Zhongzhi County is the happiest.

He quickly called the editors and edicts responsible for this aspect and asked them to review the manuscript.

After the two adults read the manuscript three times, they raised some ranking issues and changed some taboo words.

"This book is good, but the name is inappropriate." The teaching pointed to the "Key Points of the Imperial Examination Syllabus" that Zhou Ziyan took. "The title of the book should not directly mention the name of the imperial examination, so as not to lead to disputes."

Zhou Ziyan humbly asked for advice, "What should it be called?"

The professor thought for a while and said, "How about calling it "Key Points of the Examination Syllabus" and putting "Key Points of the Imperial Examination Syllabus" on the title page. Then write an introduction to tell people who come and go what this book is about."

"Okay." Zhou Ziyan started writing the introduction.

Finally, Zhou Ziyan followed the two adults to select the layout, took the approval order from the Yamen, found a small bookstore near his home in the south of the city, and handed the manuscript over.

There is a big bookstore in the town, but Zhou Ziyan feels that for his books, there is no need to go to the big bookstore to squeeze into a small space.

Why not put it in a small bookstore nearby and sell it if you can.

There are two types of books sold by private bookstores. One is the bookstore's own publication number. It is sold without going through the yamen review. It can be sold as you go. However, it cannot be sold privately to other places and can only be circulated locally.

The books produced in this way are mostly romance books or personal collections, written by students from various universities.

Occasionally there are books about learning and reading, but they are rare.

The other is to go through the yamen review and obtain the approval order, which can be sold throughout Daqing through the court. Such books are called "official books".

This is how many works of great Confucians in Daqing spread to various places little by little.

Yamen approval is the most difficult to obtain. Sometimes it takes three or four months to get approval for a book.

But sometimes you may be called back for revisions after three or four months.

Under such harsh conditions, there are few scholars in small places, let alone those who can write books, which are even fewer.

As a result, a bookstore may not be able to sell a few serious books in a year, and all the books sold are self-printed and books from other places.

When I go out and tell others about the official books published in my bookshop, I feel really embarrassed to say so.

Zhou said that this book not only received approval, but also made the layout himself, which saved a lot of effort.

The small bookstore only needs to take the manuscripts for printing.

Once it is on the market, this book will be considered a book in their bookstore. If you want it, you need to come to them to buy it!

"Zhou Xiucai, don't worry, I guarantee that this book will be on the market in five days." The bookstore owner negotiated with Zhou Ziyan on the share, and patted his chest to give Zhou Ziyan a guarantee.

"Thank you very much, sir." Zhou Ziyan thought for a while, "I don't know how many people will need it, so there's no need to print too many."

"I know, I know."

Five days later, Zhou Ziyan's "Key Points in the Examination Syllabus" was quietly placed in the bookcase of the bookstore.

The bookstore originally wanted to promote it in a big way, but this book is about the imperial examination. Even if it passed the yamen review, their small shop still didn't dare to blatantly use the 'imperial examination' as a gimmick.

After consulting Zhou Ziyan, they chose to put the book on the table. If someone asked, they would explain it. If no one cared, then leave it alone.

This kind of sales method is not meant to make money at first glance.

But Zhou Xiucai was the author of this book. After thinking about it, the shop owner realized that it was an authentic book that had been approved by the Yamen. It was an honor to put it in the shop. The quantity they printed was not large, and it would sell over time. Lose.

With this thought in mind, the bookstore boy cleaned the bookcases and put the "Key Points of the Examination Syllabus" on the shelf.

Although he didn't care about the sales results, this was the first time the goods were put on the market. When the boy put it away, he still chose the most eye-catching position to ensure that all the readers who entered the door could see this "Examination Syllabus Key Points".

The servant cleaned everything and opened the door for business. As soon as he opened the door, he was greeted by several scholars wearing concubine-colored academic uniforms.

"You two scholars, do you need anything?"

Although their shop is small, it is in a good location, close to Xinyang Academy in the south of the city, so from time to time, students from Xinyang Academy come to buy books.

"Brother, let's take a look for ourselves. You can go ahead." The leading scholar asked the bookstore boy to leave. When he turned around, he saw the "Key Points of the Examination Syllabus" on the bookshelf.

The location of this book is really eye-catching.

"Hey, why does this book look so familiar?"

The man turned to the first page and saw "Key Points of the Imperial Examination Syllabus" with a row of small words below.

 ——Private production, any similarity is due to fate.

  The font is cool and sharp, mature and stable, and very familiar.

  The student was holding the book and seemed to suddenly remember something!

  His originally calm expression suddenly became excited, and he almost couldn't wait to hit the second page and start reading seriously.

  Another person was carrying a small basket and bought two new writing brushes, only to find his friend standing in front of the bookcase, reading eagerly.

  "Zhou Qifang, what are you looking at?"

  This person is none other than Zhang Jiawang from Xinyang Academy.

  The two of them were imprisoned, released, imprisoned again, and now released again.

  Zhou Qifang called Zhang Jiawang to come over and take a look, "Come and take a look. Isn't this the undergraduate examination book?"

  Zhang Jiawang leaned over and took a look, frowning, "It's very similar, but why is this book so thin?"

  "There are a lot of missing questions, and the annotations at the front are gone." Zhou Qifang also frowned, "Look, there are also a lot less detailed explanations about the imperial examination in the back."

  "The contents about studying officials are gone." Zhang Jiawang flipped through the pages and breathed a sigh of relief, "But look, these about how to study for each round of imperial examinations, how to prepare for the examination, and the prediction of the wind direction are still there. No wonder it's called an examination syllabus. Well, the scientific examination outline is worthy of its name."

  "The name is a bit weird, and there is this sentence." Zhou Qifang pointed to the small line of text on the title page, "No one said that if there are similarities, it is all due to fate. This book is obviously the original work of Master Zhou. If someone bumps into it, That must be plagiarism!"

  "Who knows, maybe Master Zhou doesn't care about this." Zhang Jiawang looked at the author and his eyes widened, "What kind of name is this? How did Master Zhou choose such a name?"

  The good Master Zhou doesn't shout, and Zhou Xiucai doesn't shout either, but he calls it "Monologue".

  "Monologue...Why does Mr. Zhou use Monologue? What a strange name." Zhou Qifang was puzzled, "Is there any special meaning?"

  "No matter what his name is, there is a copy here. I have to buy it back first." Zhang Jiawang put the book away and was immediately ready to pay.

  Zhou Qifang was anxious, "Obviously I saw it first, why did you take it away!"

  The two chased the accountant and couldn't compete over a book.

  The shopkeeper heard the noise in front of him, raised the curtain and came out, intending to make some adjustments.

  But he didn't expect that these two students would quarrel over the "Key Points of the Examination Syllabus"?

  The shopkeeper immediately took three or four books from the backyard and put them on the cabinet, and said with a smile: "We have many more here. Don't let the two students lose their friendship."

  Zhou Qifang felt much relieved when he took the book into his hands, but he also asked: "Since you still have stock, why do you only put one copy on the cabinet?"

  "This book is not famous, and the author also uses a pseudonym. Our shop is small and we really don't know how many copies we can sell, so we don't print many." The shopkeeper told the truth, "The author also agreed with us to sell this way, saying that it can How many copies you sell depends on fate."

  "This Mr. Zhou... is really annoying." Zhou Qifang clenched the book in his hand, "Shopkeeper, don't worry, I think this book will be sold soon."

  "Thank you for your kind words." The shopkeeper clasped his fists in thanks, but he only thought it was a joke.

  After Zhou Qifang and Zhang Jiawang returned to the academy, they immediately found Zhang Xuefei and others, "Xuefei, when you went to Zhou's house that day, did Master Zhou say that he wanted to publish the imperial examination book?"

  Zhang Xuefei put down his pen and said, "I've never heard of it."

  Song Yan added: "But Master Zhou seems to be annoyed by those people asking him. Seniors, you have caused a lot of trouble for Master Zhou."

  "Oh, we didn't expect that either." Zhou Qifang scratched his head and took out the "Key Points of the Examination Syllabus" from the bag, "Look, Master Zhou published the imperial examination book!"

  Song Yan stood up and said, "Seriously?!"

  Taking Zhou Qifang's book, "Hey, why is it so thin?"

  "Master Zhou deleted a lot of things, but the part about the imperial examination is still there." Zhang Jiawang pointed to the word 'monologue', "Master Zhou also changed a name, probably because he was afraid of trouble."

  "Who doesn't know that these books belong to Master Zhou? What's the difference between Master Zhou changing his name and using his real name? It's all him anyway." Song Yan actually felt that Master Zhou's move was a bit silly, but he didn't dare to laugh at it casually.

  Zhang Xuefei thought for a moment and took out the original imperial examination book copied by the three of them from under the desk.

  Comparing the two, the content of the imperial examination has not changed much, but the officially published one is smoother to read.

  "This book must have been reviewed by the yamen. Look, there is a stamp from the yamen here." Song Yan turned to the last page and found the seal of the county government.

  "It's true!" Zhang Jiawang discovered that there was a yamen seal here, "I thought Master Zhou had sold this book himself, but I didn't expect that it had already passed the yamen level. In other words... the yamen also encouraged this book. Book release?"

  Everyone was startled when they thought of this possibility.

  Zhang Xuefei rolled up his sleeves and sighed, "Our magistrate Zhong is really a parent official. Do you still remember the cheap ink sticks sold in major shops in the autumn and winter last year?"

  Last autumn and winter, several major shops in Maminggou suddenly launched a cheap ink stick.

  These ink strips are light in color and not as smooth as the expensive ink, but they can still write.

  Because of these cheap ink sticks, many people who cannot afford expensive ink can also buy and use them!

  "Of course I remember, such cheap ink sticks really relieved the pressure of many students." Zhou Qifang sighed, looking through the layers of scenery outside the window, he seemed to see the county government in the distance directly, "Later on, some rough The high-quality paper and brushes completely suppressed the high price of pens, inks, paper and inkstones."

  "Although it cannot be used for writing in the examination room, it is enough for daily practice."

  Since the ink sticks came on the market, several major stores have sold a lot of rough paper and brushes.

  Just like the ink sticks, the quality is not good and cannot be called good quality at all.

  But they are cheap!

  In the past, a set of pen, ink, paper and inkstones might cost a family a whole year's worth of money. Now, with these cheap pen, ink, paper and inkstones, for only a few dollars, no matter how poor a family is, they can buy a set with gritted teeth.

  With pen, ink, paper and inkstone, children at home who want to study can write on paper without having to squat on the sand and scratch with branches.

  Song Yan said: "If more people pass the children's examination this year than in previous years, our Magistrate Zhong will probably be transferred."

  The county magistrate is a floating official, and counting the time, Zhongzhi County has been in their Maming Valley for almost six years.

  Zhou Qifang took advantage of everyone's feelings about Zhongzhi County and took the original imperial examination book copied by Zhang Xuefei and the others, "Master Zhang, Master Song, please lend me this book!"

  After that, he raised his legs and ran.

  Zhang Xuefei just blinked, and the book in his hand was gone. He quickly chased out, "Senior Zhou! Senior Zhou, you are doing this shamelessly!"

  Zhang Jiawang was worthy of being Zhou Qifang's good brother. He tried his best to stop the two little brothers in place, "Brother Zhou, run! Run!"

  Zhou Qifang hugged the book and ran away without looking back.

  Later, everyone in Xinyang Academy could see these four people, always holding two books and reading them.

  One is as thick as a brick, and the other is as thin as a book.

  They just read the book, but they always made a sound of admiration.

  "Wonderful, wonderful! It turns out that this exam is taking place in this place. No wonder I always fail to answer the questions."

  "I really want to know how much knowledge he has in his mind, and why he can come up with such a strange article?"

  "Look here... No wonder Master said I am incompetent. It's because I have never understood this kind of subject..."

  Holding two books, they are like two treasures. Even if they scream strangely, they have to copy all day long without knowing what they are copying.

  These four people were doing their homework and began to receive frequent compliments from the Master.

  "Zhang Jiawang and Zhou Qifang have made a lot of progress recently! Their articles have also become calmer, not bad, not bad!"

  "Zhang Xuefei and Song Yan, you must continue to maintain your current mentality and continue studying. If possible, you two will be able to take the child exam next year."

  The four people smiled in unison, with full confidence in their eyes and hearts.

  Other students felt something was wrong.

  Ever since they started reading those two books, something was wrong!

  As a result, several masters of Xinyang Academy received a joint condemnation from the students, questioning what strange things these four people were doing.

  When the masters looked at the names of these four people, they said, "Zhang Jiawang, Zhou Qifang, why are they here again!"

  Do you still want to be locked up? !

  Only this time, Zhang Jiawang and Zhou Qifang really did nothing wrong.

  I just read two books, what's wrong?

  If it's wrong, it's probably the book's fault.

  The masters collected these two books and read them side by side all night until their eyes were red.

 But he spent his own money to buy books the next day, making sure that each class could have five books circulated.

  The bookstore owner didn't expect that this "Key Points in the Examination Syllabus" would actually become a bestseller!

  Chief Wenshan of Xinyang Academy actually came to buy it in person, and bought all their printed copies as soon as he bought it!

  Since the establishment of their bookstore, sales have never been so fast!

  This is a big deal.

  The shopkeeper hurriedly sent the books to the academy, leaving only one copy to continue to be the "treasure of the shop".

  Zhang Jiawang was extremely unhappy.

  Originally this book was just their own secret treasure, but now it's available to the entire academy!

  Their advantage is gone again!

  Zhou Qifang couldn't help but turn his attention to the original copy in Zhang Xuefei's hand.

  When Zhang Xuefei saw this, he ran away.

  "Hey, Brother Zhang, Brother Zhang, good brother, let me take another look at you!" Zhou Qifang chased after Zhang Xuefei, hot on his heels.

  After "Key Points of the Examination Syllabus" was circulated in Xinyang Academy, the students who read it became somewhat silent.

  Shock, horror, joy, and deep sadness.

  It's a love-hate relationship.

  Well, of course I would like to thank the person who wrote this book for giving them a general understanding of the imperial examination.

  Hate, just hate this 'monologue'. I've already written it, why can't it be written in more detail?

  I heard that the four classmates who were praised by the Master had original manuscripts in their hands, which were as thick as bricks. Look at the thin layer in their hands.

  I hate it so much!

  But something is better than nothing.

  Therefore, these people from Xinyang Academy carry this book with them wherever they go and read it from time to time.

  Students from academies like Maminggou always meet on various occasions.

  Gradually, students from other academies discovered that the people from Xinyang Academy seemed to have an extra book they had never seen before.

  "Key Points in the Examination Syllabus", what book is this?

  Why haven't you heard of it?

  I'm afraid it's not a collection of wild books from somewhere!

  The students at Ma Ming Academy regarded this matter as a casual conversation and started chatting during the break, "I don't know what the book is, but they treat it like a treasure. I asked them to borrow it but they couldn't borrow it."

  "But I took a look at the book. It seems to be the official document approved by the Yamen. The handwriting in it is very beautiful. It would be great if I could copy it."

  "What a pity. The people in Xinyang Academy are all a bunch of stingy people, and they won't even give me death."

  "Maybe they haven't seen anything good, hahahaha."

  As he said this, several people laughed, seeming to look down on Xinyang Academy.

  After all, Ma Ming Academy is the largest academy in the local area, and the people in charge are Da Ru and Master Liao.

  Which academy can compare with them now?

  Liao Wei'an passed by here and heard everyone's conversation, and he became curious, "What book are you talking about?"

  When everyone saw Liao Weian, they quickly stood up and saluted.

  "It's from Xinyang Academy. They found a book called "Key Points of the Examination Syllabus" from somewhere, and they are holding it like a treasure."

  Another person said: "I don't know who wrote that book, but he actually named it a monologue. It's such a strange name."

  "Yeah, I've never heard of it."

  Liao Wei'an suddenly closed the folding fan, "Did you see clearly that the author's name is 'Monologue'?"

  "See clearly, it's these two words." The speaker picked up his pen and wrote the word 'monologue'.

  Liao Weian held the paper and smiled, "I thought I would never see this name again."

  These students don't know who 'Monologue' is, but he does!

  When Master Zhou was in the capital, he published an article in the Di Di newspaper, using the name "Monologue".

  "Where are the books sold?"

  "Back to Master, it's only in a small bookstore in the south of the city."

  Liao Weian went to the south of the city that day, but was told that it had been sold out.

  The next batch is still being printed and we don't know when it will be available.

  In the end, Liao Weian could only spend a lot of money to buy back the "Treasure of the Book Store".

  Liao Weian didn't care about spending money. He was about to leave this town. Let him take this book back as a local specialty.

  Thanks to Xinyang Academy in the south of the city for publicity, scholars in every household in the south of the city knew that there was a bookstore selling "Key Points in the Examination Syllabus".

  In order to keep their wealth private, they didn't say anything about it. They just bought it secretly and took it home to read by themselves.

  The provincial examination is held in early July, while the provincial examination is held in August, so it is also called Qiuwei.

  Perhaps it was also because the provincial examination was coming, and everyone was busy reviewing, and there was really no time to harass Zhou Ziyan, so Zhou was naturally much calmer.

  This year's provincial examinations and autumn exams were squeezed into the same time period, which made everyone anxious.

  Major merchants have put on titles such as "Golden List Titles" and "Bright Futures" to reflect this summer trend of imperial examinations.

  At the beginning of July, it is the provincial examination and the last examination for children, which is very important.

  Although the provincial examination is on the fifth day of August, Zhou Ziyan still wants to continue leading the team.

  Song Weifeng followed Zhou's own thoughts and said, "Brother Zhou, you should study hard at home. This time, I will take care of you."

  Song Douding raised his hand high, "I'll follow too!"

  "Don't you want to prepare for the provincial examination?" Zhou Ziyan frowned. Compared with the two of them, he has experience in the provincial examination, so he should be more suitable to lead the team.

  Song Weifeng touched the back of his neck and whispered: "Actually... Douding and I do not plan to participate in this year's provincial examination."

  "What did you say?" Zhou Ziyan thought he didn't hear clearly.

  "I'm too young, I want to wait another two years." Song Douding stood up obediently and explained his reasons, "Master, you always say that you read thousands of books and travel thousands of miles, but now I have only been to Yuenan. No matter in terms of experience or knowledge, I can't compare with people older than me. I don't want to just go to the provincial examination rashly."

  "That's what I mean too." Song Weifeng stood next to Song Douding and lowered his eyelids, "I was lucky enough to pass the children's examination before. During this time, the more I studied, the harder it became. Both of us felt that based on our current knowledge, it would be better to take the provincial examination. It's too forced."

  The reason is quite legitimate and should have been well thought out.

  Zhou Ziyan is well aware of the importance of the provincial examination and understands their concerns, "Have you thought about it?"

  In fact, this happens every year. Many scholars who pass the provincial examination start to feel it is difficult and cannot continue to take the exam, so they stop for a year or two and go out to study and expand their horizons and knowledge.

  When I come back, I'm usually soaring.

  The two of them responded in unison: "I've thought about it."

  "Forget it, it's not too late for you to be stable for another year."

  These two people, one is eighteen years old and the other is only eight years old, even if it is three years later, it will not be too late.

  Zhou Ziyan was actually very happy to be able to make such a decision through his own thinking.

  "Since you have all thought about it, Master, I have nothing to say. It's up to you to take this provincial exam."

  Zhou Zi said that during this period of time, he was teaching and reviewing at the same time, and never gave up on the provincial examination.

  Now that Song Weifeng is sharing his pressure, he can concentrate on his studies.

  So, when Song Weifeng and Song Douding were on their way wearing stars and moons, Zhou Ziyan was sitting under the lamp in his outer robe and writing an article.

  While Song Weifeng and Song Douding were anxious and worried outside the examination room, Zhou Ziyan looked out the window at the rising sun, wondering how everyone in Yuenan Mansion was doing.

  After changing the ink on the inkstone, the fine hairs on the pen tip gradually became barbed.

  Time flies.

  While everyone in Chunliu Alley was still sleeping, the sound of gongs and drums at the door of Zhou's house rang through the sky.

  Zhou Ziyan was still in a dream just now, and now he could only put on his coat and open the door sleepily.

  Liang Baotou, who was dressed in turban, was holding a square tray. Upon closer inspection, his hands were still shaking a little, "Zhou Xiucai, Zhou Xiucai, passed the exam, all of them passed the exam!"

  Five wedding invitations were neatly placed on the square tray.

  Zhou Ziyan opened his eyes quickly and quickly looked through the five wedding invitations.

  Yes, from Wang Xiaoniu to Zhong Qiaoyi, they are all here!

  "Did you pass the exam?" Zhou Ziyan took the tray and asked again.

  Liang Captou nodded, "Passed the exam!"

  Neighbors who were awakened by the sound of gongs and drums also put on their coats and came out one after another. They wanted to scold the blind man for disturbing his dream, but they saw a team of police officers standing at the door of Zhou's house.

  When I listened, I only heard the words "passed the exam".

  "Grandpa Tian, ​​who passed the exam?"

  "It can't be that all five children have passed the exam!"

  Liang Captou loudly announced: "There are five children, and they all passed the exam!"

  Dear mother!

  The neighbors who heard this didn't have any resentment, they were all just happy.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

8K 186 8
So ye I got addicted to another film *God dang it* And I decided to make a one shot book of my Otp. I hope you like it!
65.5K 2K 13
。*゚ Bad's broken when Skeppy starts hanging out with someone who isn't him. Especially when he's ignored on a months end. What happens when he finall...
3.4K 55 10
NOT MINE OFFLINE READING Author: The Fox Does Not Return Genre: BL Status: Finished Last update: 2023-06-09 Latest Chapter: Chapter List Chapter 92...
6.8K 145 8
(Description Pending) Just an idea I had. whether it works or not is something else entirely.