The Imperial Examination Dail...

By Demens88

Summary too long, read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING http://www.fuxsb.com/chua... More

Summary + Chapter 1-5
Chapter 6-10
Chapter 11-15
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-25
Chapter 26-30
Chapter 31-35
Chapter 36-40
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 56-60
Chapter 61-65
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 81-85
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
Chapter 161-165
Chapter 166-170
Chapter 171-175
Chapter 176-180
Chapter 181-185
Chapter186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Chapter 201-205
Chapter 206-210
Chapter 211-215
Chapter 216-220
Chapter 221-225
Chapter 226-230
Chapter 231-235
Chapter 236-240
Chapter 241-245
Chapter 246-250
Chapter 251-255
Chapter 256-260
Chapter 261-265
Chapter 266-270
Chapter 271-275
Chapter 275-280
Chapter 281-285
Chapter 286-290
Chapter 291-295
Chapter 296-303

Chapter 86-90

67 1 0
By Demens88

 His brother obviously likes his wife, and his wife obviously treats his brother differently. Why is there a matchmaker showing up now!

  No, it's not allowed!

  Song Douding jumped up, and while his father and brother were talking, he crept over to eavesdrop.

  Hehe, he is familiar with this matter, and I guarantee he won't be discovered!

  Zhou Ziyan paused and heard the sound of quiet and cautious footsteps behind him, and he understood in his heart.

  He smiled and looked at Aunt Lan, "Aunt Lan, there are no outsiders here. Just tell the truth. Some of these people are here for Wei Feng, and some are here for Douding." ?"

  "What are you talking about...how old is Douding?" Aunt Lan's laughter stopped suddenly, her expression flickering, "Let's take a look at your affairs first."

  Zhou Ziyan stood with his hands behind his back and did not expose Aunt Lan. He only said: "My parents' orders and the words of the matchmaker are true, but this matter of marriage should be determined by God. If the two families are destined, it will be a harmonious harmony. Gods will not envy them." , if the two families are not destined to be together, it will only be a bad fate."

  "What is a destined marriage? The most basic and important thing is that the two people who want to get married must be good people with an open heart and a clear moon. They appreciate and admire each other. Only in this way can the red thread of marriage be tied. "

  Aunt Lan saw that Zhou Zi said it was not for matchmaking, and her smile faded a lot, "Look at what Zhou Xiucai said, they came to me, naturally they like the Song family brother, this can be fake."

  "Really? Then can they say when they have met Wei Feng? And why do they admire Wei Feng?" Zhou Ziyan had a smile on his lips, but his eyes were cold, "If they admire Wei Feng, why don't they talk about their deep friendship? Instead of talking about how to ensure Wei Feng's study path in the future, you want to drag Douding out?"

  "The fact that he was able to pass the county examination at the age of seven, and he is still a boy, is enough to prove Douding's intelligence. As long as he works a little harder, it is not impossible to pass the exam in the future."

  "If there is a relative in the family, it will be much more convenient for the younger generation to study or to take the scientific examination in the future. If God favors it, it is not impossible to change the family from now on, abandon business and become a scholar. Who can refuse such a future?"

  "Zhou Xiucai!" Aunt Lan shouted, but she was afraid of being heard by the Song family father and son outside, so she quickly suppressed her voice, "Nothing in this world is so perfect, so what if they are here for Douding? That Douding is Brother Song's biological brother. As long as Douding is promising, where can't Brother Song go sideways?"

  "This is Wei Feng's own important marriage matter." Zhou Ziyan said in a serious voice.

  Do you really think he doesn't know?

  It's okay for brothers and sisters who don't like to study. They don't like studying in the first place, so getting married won't affect them.

  If a sweet and well-educated brother or daughter marries someone else, that means ruining their future and leaving no possibility of advancement.

  Just like what Guojiazhuang Restaurant said, if Wei Feng got married and stopped studying, and would just be his young lady who didn't care about anything, watching plays and checking accounts, life would be very easy.

  But is that what Wei Feng wants?

  Song Weifeng said that he was going to the capital!

  Aunt Lan immediately understood what Zhou Ziyan meant, and she sighed, "Okay, Aunt Lan knows what you mean. Aren't you just worried that Brother Song won't like him, is dissatisfied, and will have a bad life in the future? Zhou Xiucai, you have two emotions. Where can I find information about Xiang Yue? Marrying a girl is nothing more than moving from one home to another. As long as your character is reliable and your family background is innocent, what else do you ask for? Mr. Song's family has its own business, Dou Ding Ye will do his best, Brother Song will not do badly."

  "Aunt Lan, if they are here for Douding and the Song family, have you ever thought about how Wei Feng will deal with himself if these two things cannot protect him in the future?" Zhou Ziyan shook his head, "You don't dare to say anything when asking to marry someone else. To be honest, he is neither magnanimous nor brave. How can such a person have reliable character and how can he protect his wife after marriage?"

  In fact, in his opinion, relying on nothing is worse than relying on yourself.

  As long as you can stand firm, you have nothing to fear.

  But such an idea is a bit too rebellious and is not suitable to be spoken out now.

  "This..." Aunt Lan was immediately asked. She wanted to say that Brother Song might have already given birth to a baby by then, and she would just have to rely on the baby by then.

  But then I thought about it, what if Brother Song had not given birth?

  Or, if the baby is not a boy but a girl, who can Brother Song rely on?

  "Zhou Xiucai, don't forget that in addition to being happy, there is also the saying that they will fly apart when disaster strikes." Aunt Lan smiled and said, "Nine times out of ten, marriage matters will go wrong. The remaining couple will also be in the future. No, so many couples who were deeply in love when they were young ended up growing tired of each other. Getting married, isn't that what happened?"

  She has seen too much, everyone is like this.

  Zhou Ziyan handed over his hand: "What Aunt Lan said makes sense. However, the most important thing is whether you choose it for yourself. If you choose it for yourself, no matter what outcome you encounter, you will always have peace of mind. If not... then this life will inevitably be miserable. It's too miserable."

  As a matchmaker, Aunt Lan conceals the true intentions of the person seeking marriage. What is the difference between this and deception?

  Aunt Lan looked around and made sure there was no one else before telling the truth, "Zhou Xiucai, you are an adult. No matter what the outside world does, it will not have a big impact on you. But Douding is only seven years old... To tell the truth. Well, these families are all here for Douding. As you said, now the whole Maminggou knows about Douding's reputation, and I don't know how many people are staring at him."

  "Douding is young, so it's not easy to target him openly, so he sets his sights on Brother Song. Fortunately, Brother Song himself is not bad in appearance and is also literate. Anyone who can match him has a good background."

  If I were to change to a guy with less favorable conditions, I'm afraid it would be difficult.

  So she thought, it would be better to take advantage of this good opportunity to find a good family and get married.

  "Zhou thought of it." Zhou Zi said that when he learned that Douding passed the county examination, he had already thought of this result.

  But he still couldn't accept that Aunt Lan deliberately deceived Song Weifeng for the so-called matchmaking.

  "Aunt Lan, it's not that I don't allow matchmaking, I just hope that the people who come here will sincerely ask for marriage. At least, they must be sincere to Wei Feng." Zhou Ziyan said in a bad tone, throwing away his sleeves and backing his hands.

  Song Weifeng is only seventeen years old this year. He has passed the county examination and his future is very good. Why can't he get a satisfactory marriage?

  How come we can only meet these people with evil intentions? How annoying!

  "Okay, since you are not happy, then Aunt Lan will not force it." Aunt Lan put away the two posts in her arms and suddenly said, "Zhou Xiucai, what is your relationship with Brother Song? Why are you so concerned about his marriage? "

  Zhou Ziyan blinked twice quickly, "Douding is my student, so I naturally have to pay attention to his affairs. Although this matter is Wei Feng's marriage, their goal is Douding, and I can't ignore it."

  Even if it wasn't for Douding, he wouldn't tolerate such deception.

  Zhou Ziyan stood in front of the window sill, wearing a dark robe, his brows were light, and his movements were cheerful and clear.

  Aunt Lan couldn't help but put Brother Song next to Zhou Ziyan.

  Ouch, isn't this a wonderful marriage? !

  The more Aunt Lan thought about it, the more suitable she felt, "Zhou Xiucai, aren't you and Brother Song... a match made in heaven?"

  Both of them are scholars and have very similar temperaments.

  The Song family has a close relationship with the Zhou family, and Zhou Xiucai is Douding's wife...

  "Aunt Lan?!" Zhou said he was impressed by Aunt Lan's professionalism and still remembered to talk about matchmaking at this time.

  But he and Song Weifeng...how is that possible!

  "Aunt Lan is not joking. Think about your relationship with Douding. If Brother Song marries you, you can't bully Brother Song, right? Doesn't it just dispel your worries?" Aunt Lan opened it bit by bit. , tell Zhou Ziyan.

  "I heard that you don't have parents at home, so Brother Song will be relieved of the labor of serving. You are both scholars, and you live in the same alley. Brother Song will be able to return to his home just around the corner in the future..."

  "Aunt Lan, don't forget that I cheated on three marriages..." Zhou Ziyan reminded Aunt Lan.

  "Isn't this what you said yourself, Zhou Xiucai? Marriage is determined by God. Those three times that Huang did before can only prove that the person is wrong." Aunt Lan persuaded, "Aunt Lan has never failed. As long as Zhou Xiucai is willing, Aunt Lan will take care of this for you! You can get married to Brother Song tomorrow!"

  "Get married!" Upon hearing this, Song Douding's eyes widened and he covered his mouth tightly.

  His brother is getting married to his wife!

  From now on, he will be the master's brother-in-law!

  But Zhou Ziyan's next words directly broke Song Douding's fantasy.

  "Thank you Aunt Lan. But I have no idea of ​​getting married now." Zhou Ziyan declined politely.

  No matter what Aunt Lan said, his mind was stable and unaffected.

  Whether it was Wei Feng or another girl's family, Zhou Ziyan knew very well that he was now poor and had nothing, and was not qualified to talk about marriage.

  Aunt Lan was quite angry after hearing this, "Don't want to get married? Then you are so concerned about Brother Song's affairs..."

  Zhou Ziyan wanted to defend himself, "I did it for——"

  Aunt Lan waved her hand, "Aunt Lan is not stupid. No matter what she says, she still cares about Brother Song's marriage in the end? Zhou Xiucai, Aunt Lan only has one sentence, the marriage line is thin, don't fight. If any line is broken, , be careful not to regret it too late."

  Zhou Ziyan's hands on his back suddenly clenched and he remained silent, "..."

  After Song Douding heard this, he rolled and crawled back to the main hall.

  She lay down next to Song Weifeng's ear and said anxiously: "That Aunt Lan wanted you to get married to the Master. But the Master refused!"

  "I know." Song Weifeng breathed out gently and buried himself in the fur collar.

  The long eyebrows spread out, but they brought with them a hint of bitterness.

  Wishful thinking can lead to heartache.

  Just a little ordinary attitude can make people sad and scattered.

Chapter 51

  Aunt Lan saw that all three members of the Song family had a general attitude towards the marriage proposal, so she estimated that today's trip would be in vain.

  Huh, with the tricks she has in her hands, being a matchmaker or a guardian is not a trivial matter. If she can't do it here, she has other places!

  Aunt Lan couldn't negotiate a deal and didn't want to stay any longer. She declined Father Song's dinner invitation and went home with her handkerchief in hand.

  Zhou Ziyan pretended not to know about Song Douding's eavesdropping behavior, and conveyed what the chief clerk told him to the Song brothers, asking them not to run around in the past few days, so as not to miss the news from the county magistrate.

  When Song Douding heard that he could have dinner with the county magistrate, he was so happy that he almost lost his way.

  Song Weifeng only nodded lightly to express his understanding.

  Although this meal was a banquet hosted by the magistrate, as guests, they should have the proper etiquette and expressions.

  But the Song family has only dealt with merchants all their lives. When did they ever get along with the county magistrate?

  They simply don't know what kind of things to give or what kind of attitude to use when facing court officials.

  If it is too common, it will inevitably be said to be disrespectful to adults.

  If you are too respectful, you will lose the integrity of a scholar.

  Zhou Ziyan had no choice but to roll up his sleeves and help the brothers provide emergency training for free to meet officials' interests.

  Father Song prepared the gifts for the three of them according to the gift list given by Zhou Ziyan.

  In order to express his gratitude, Song's father did not ask for the money given by Zhou Ziyan, but only patted Zhou Ziyan on the shoulder.

  The big palm is thick and warm, full of concern.

  Zhou said that he clearly understood Song's father's intention, so he put all his gratitude into a small salute.

  Five days later, invitations from the county magistrate were indeed sent to the homes of students who had passed the county examination.

  In order to celebrate the successful conclusion of the county examination, the county magistrate hosted a banquet for all the students who passed the county examination in the evening the day after tomorrow.

  The location is in the Yamen.

  Ever since Father Song knew that he was going to meet the county magistrate, he was as busy as if he had been given a shot of chicken blood.

  Not only do they bring various gifts from outside to home every day, but they also call in several embroiderers to sew new clothes for the three people who are going to the banquet.

  When the embroiderer learned that she was going to sew new clothes for three scholars, one of whom was the head of the county examination, she immediately decided to use her special skills to make the three young gentlemen meet the county magistrate in all their glory. .

  Zhou Ziyan was being measured by the embroiderers, while Father Song kept nodding beside him.

  In this situation, Zhou Ziyan felt as if he had become Song's father's third son.

  It would be nice to have such a loving father...

  On the day of the banquet, it was still cloudless during the day, but at night, clouds and rain gradually began to accumulate.

  Within a moment of burning the incense, light rain fell from the sky.

  The raindrops were thick and the white mud walls were wet.

  Although it rained, it was almost March.

  There is no longer the cold winter of yesterday, only the warm spring breeze brings the joy of spring.

  Several people rushed into the backyard of the Yamen.

  A weather shelter has already been erected in the courtyard, firmly supported by four large vertical pillars, and the valley-yellow greenhouse hangs on the top.

  There are more than a dozen long tables placed under the shed. Judging from the location, it should be two people per table.

  The accompanying little maid led Zhou Ziyan to a seat in the front row.

  Another maid took Song Weifeng to another location.

  After asking, I found out that this banquet also invited the chiefs of major academies.

  Therefore, all students from the academy must sit near the mountain leader.

  A self-taught person like Zhou Ziyan sat opposite.

  So it was a coincidence that directly opposite Zhou Ziyan was Ma Ming Academy.

  The seat in the first row is still vacant, probably reserved for the dean of Ma Ming Academy.

  Starting from the second row are the students from Ma Ming Academy.

  Song Weifeng arrived early and sat in the first seat in the second row, facing Zhou Ziyan across the aisle.

  On such a serious occasion, Song Douding was afraid of embarrassing his wife and brother. As soon as he sat down, he immediately stiffened and did not dare to move.

  Zhou Ziyan also put his sleeves on the table and waited quietly.

  Not long after, Song Weifeng sat down next to Ye Lang and Ye Xuezi, whom he had met before.

  It seems that this student Ye also passed the county examination.

  Immediately afterwards, Xie Jinyu, who had a grudge against Song Weifeng, also came.

  As soon as Xie Jinyu came in, he saw Song Weifeng and Ye Lang. He said it was bad luck and sat far away from them.

  As for where Wang Da was, Zhou Ziyan searched for it for a while and couldn't find it, so he just let it go.

  There were more and more people, but no one was talking.

  Only the little maids walked down the long aisle carrying plates of food to deliver meals to the students.

  The rain curtain hit the shelter with a loud bang.

  The air gradually began to be filled with the fragrance of earth after the rain.

  When the last dish was served, the eight Academy Headmasters arrived belatedly.

  There are eight academies in the entire county.

  In addition to the three academies in Maminggou, there are five academies in other small towns.

  It's just that these academies are not only small, but also have limited teaching staff. Not many people passed the county examination this time.

  So although the mountain chiefs came, there was no one behind them.

  After several years of teaching, no one has ever crossed the line.

  Several mountain chiefs sat alone behind the table. Although they were mountain chiefs, they felt infinitely lonely.

  There are only three academies in Maminggou, and there are still a few students behind the chief.

  Among them, the chief of Ma Ming Academy is undoubtedly the one who has the most people behind him.

  Zhou Ziyan counted and found that eight people from Ma Ming Academy passed the county examination this time!

  This is not easy for a small town!

  The principal of Ma Ming Academy may also know the results of his academy. He is sitting in front of the students with a smile on his face and seems to be very satisfied.

  Sitting on the left side of him was Liao Weian.

  Yes, Liao Weian studied under Lin Fanji and was very knowledgeable himself.

  It is impossible for the magistrate not to invite him.

  After everyone was seated, Zhong Zhixian came slowly with the chief registrar, the county magistrate, and the edict.

  All the students quickly stood up and bowed, "Master Magistrate."

  "Sit down, everyone, sit down!" Zhong Zhixian nodded with his hands behind his back.

  Zhong Zhixian stopped for two steps and invited another person.

  Only then did Zhou Ziyan realize that there was a fourth person among the three.

  The fourth man wears a square hat and has a dark face, but he is handsome.

  He seemed to be about the same age as Liao Weian, so he nodded modestly at Zhongzhi County's invitation.

  After several rejections, he finally sat on the left side of Zhong Zhixian and was talking to Zhong Zhixian sideways.

  When sitting at a table, the left is the most respected person.

  This man was wearing a purple-colored trousers, walked with wide strides, and sat upright. He had obviously practiced.

  And sitting on the left hand side of Zhongzhi County... he must have a higher status than Zhongzhi County.

  Zhou Ziyan calculated the time and found that in March, it was almost the time when the Prosecution Bureau of various places sent out inspections.

  Probably someone from the Prosecution and Prosecution Department came to inspect Zhongzhi County's political performance.

  When the man raised his head, Zhou Ziyan lowered his head as soon as he saw his face clearly.

  Yaoshou turned out to be an acquaintance!

  Sure enough, Zhong Zhixian opened the game loudly. After saying the opening remarks, he introduced the unknown adult next to him, "Dear students, this is Lu Mingxue, Master Lu. I heard that more than 30 people in this county passed the county examination. I'm here to congratulate all the students."

  The students stood up again, bowed and saluted, "Thank you, Mr. Lu."

  As a student in the front row, Zhou Ziyan had to stand up and look directly at Lu Mingxue, "Thank you, Mr. Lu."

  Lu Mingxue was still nodding at first, but as soon as he looked at Zhou Ziyan, he immediately felt like a duck stuck by the neck, unable to move.

  He was a local inspector and had occasionally heard of Master Zhou in Maminggou.

  This time I came here just for the head of the case.

  It's just that Mr. Zhou...how, how come he has the same face as that gentleman in Beijing...

  Zhou Ziyan raised the corner of his mouth helplessly.

  Lu Ming learned the lesson and calmed down his expression in just a moment, acting as if nothing had happened.

  After saying thank you, everyone will take their seats.

  The county magistrate Zhong stopped Zhou Ziyan and introduced to Lu Mingxue: "Master Lu, this is the head of this county examination, Ma Minggou Zhou Ziyan."

  "Master Lu." Zhou Zi said that at this moment when he might lose his horse, he did not panic. His attitude was clear and sassy, ​​neither humble nor arrogant. "Zhou Zi said to himself next week that he is now a little master in the alley."

  Zhou Ziyan naturally used the student's salute.

  But as soon as Lu Mingxue saw Zhou Ziyan's face, he immediately became restless.

  Too lethal.

  Lu Mingxue didn't know where to put his left and right hands, so he could only overlap and hold them. "So this is the case. Not bad, very good. I heard that a primary school student also passed the county examination? Who is it? ah?"

  Zhongzhi County did not need to search, he directly found Song Douding sitting upright next to Zhou Ziyan, and called Song Douding with a smile, "Master Lu, please look, this is the youngest student in this county examination, Song Zhensheng of the Maminggou Song family, who is only seven years old. "

  Zhong Zhixian was full of smiles.

  Master Zhou and Song Zhensheng are now the pride of his rule.

  Song Douding immediately bounced up like a spring, "Lu...Hello, Mr. Lu!"

  Oh my god, he is an official bigger than the magistrate, so he has to perform well!

  Smile, be sure to wear a big smile!

  Song Douding wore a persimmon red double-breasted gown and a brown sleeveless coat.

  The reunion fish pattern on the armor is vivid and vivid, coupled with Song Douding's smile that can't be closed, it is sweet to the heart.

  Lu Mingxue thought this kid was very lovable, "Oh?! He really is a kid."

  Then he discovered that this young boy was sitting with Zhou Ziyan, and asked one more question, "What is his relationship with the head of the case?"

  Zhou Ziyan touched the small knot on the back of Song Douding's head and said, "Sir, Song Zhensheng is Zhou's student."

  Song Douding raised his head and smiled.

  Lu Mingxue straightened his back, as if he understood something, "...no wonder, no wonder..."

  No wonder you can take the county exam at the age of seven!

  Zhou said to himself: "..."

  Mr. Lu, don't think so wildly!

  Liao Weian folded a fan to cover his face, laughing so hard that he almost lost his breath.

  He had also met this Mr. Xiaolu in Qingjing Province, but he never expected to meet him again in Maminggou.

  What a wonderful fate! What a wonderful fate!

  However, this is probably a bad fate for Master Zhou who wants to conceal his identity.

  After three drinks, the gossip gradually faded away.

  Zhongzhi County called the maid who was waiting at the scene and handed out the printed copies prepared in advance.

  For candidates who pass each imperial examination, their answer sheets will be printed by the government and distributed in major bookstores for other scholars to read.

  This is a common practice at the end of scientific examinations.

  The purpose of doing it publicly is to learn and make progress together, while in private it is for the candidates to increase their reputation and become famous.

  So there is no student dissatisfaction.

  Zhou Ziyan opened the printed book. On the first page of the printed book, Dou Da's handwriting read the six characters "Maminggou Zhou Ziyan".

  The last time there was such a print, he still used the original name, but now his own name is printed on it.

  Zhou Ziyan rubbed the ink marks with his fingertips, feeling very nostalgic.

  It turns out that this is how it feels when my name appears on it.

  Song Douding flipped through several pages and finally found his name in the middle.

  "Wow..." Song Douding carefully turned the pages over and over again, unable to get enough of them, "Master, it turns out my name is printed on the book. It looks so good..."

  "Maminggou Song Zhensheng" only has six characters, but it made Song Douding's heart surge with excitement.

  He really wanted these six words to be printed until the general examination and even the palace examination!

  Zhong Zhixian looked at the printed copy and said with emotion: "Mr. Lu, the wonderful thinking of Master Zhou is indescribable. His courage is also really bold. Look at the expositions he has written in these few scenes, from the theory of the Four Books to the family and the country. The relationship between economy and reading."

  When Zhongzhi County judged papers, he saw too many gaudy and non-substantial contents.

  Otherwise, they are just flattering and complaining for no reason.

  Only Zhou Ziyan's paper made his eyes shine.

  Zhou Fuzi left some room for writing in the first scene.

  However, the subsequent re-examinations were more and more sharp, and in the end, the concept of "Only reading can save oneself" was pointed out directly.

  His words are sharp, his descriptions are clear, and there is no mistake from format to signature.

  As long as some of the words are slightly changed, it can be directly submitted as a memorial.

  It is really unimaginable that a previously unknown young master could have such writing power and courage.

  Lu Mingxue only looked at Zhou Ziyan's paper, glanced at it briefly, and then smiled.

  "Zhongzhi County, where are you?"

  It is not difficult to see from the paper that this gentleman is still holding back his strength.

  Xie Jinyu held the printed copy in his hand and looked at Zhou Ziyan with resentment and resentment.

  "...God is unfair, unfair!"

  Previously, because of Zhou Ziyan's words, Xie Jinyu's deeds were reported to Liao Zhangyuan.

  From that day on, he was confined at home and was not released until one month before the county examination.

  During the few months he was locked up, whenever Xie Jinyu thought about being criticized by the mountain chief and the director, he was like being bitten by thousands of insects.

  If he hadn't been unable to get out, he would have killed Master Zhou eight hundred times!

  But this Mr. Zhou could actually get the top spot in the examination, why should he!

  I have been studying with the Master since I was a child, and later I was taught by a great Confucian, but in the end, the person in charge of the case was a person I had never heard of. God is really unfair!

  "Master Magistrate." Xie Jinyu stood up and bowed respectfully, "I am a student from Xiamaming Academy. After reading the work of the head of the case, I have a lot of thoughts in my heart, and I want to have a discussion with the head of the case."

  Zhongzhi County held this celebration banquet. In addition to celebrating the achievements, it also had the intention of allowing the candidates to communicate with each other. Naturally, he readily agreed, "As long as Mr. Zhou is willing, then please invite me!"

  When the students present hear this, they can ask the person at the desk for advice and immediately prick up their ears.

  Liao Weian secretly said it was not good and came out to smooth things over, "At this time, everyone is reciting poems and composing poems while drinking. Naturally, the two of you should choose a quiet place to discuss. Let's change it another day, another day!"

  He knew about the conflict between Xie Jinyu and Zhou Ziyan, and he could tell at a glance that Xie Jinyu was caused by personal enmity.

  If such a vengeful person causes any trouble, the only one whose reputation will be ruined in the end is Ma Ming Academy!

  Zhou Ziyan had just drank two glasses of wine when this happened. He could only put down the glass in his hand and stood up to respond to Xie Jinyu, "It's rare for Mr. Xie to be so eager to learn. Zhou must have told everything!"

  Come on, come on, isn't it just a quarrel? Who has he been afraid of!

  Seeing that he couldn't stop the two of them, Liao Weian could only sit down while suppressing his anger.

  Xie Jinyu, Xie Jinyu, Master Zhou was the one who quarreled with his teacher before, so why rush to find trouble!

  Xie Jinyu was the first to attack, "I dare to ask Master Zhou, how did you think of people's livelihood issues from the Four Books?"

  "From what I heard from Zhou's students, it seems that they are not optimistic about Daqing's current development situation."

  Any scholar knows how to talk about national policy, but why is it that only Zhou Ziyan's article is cited as the top one?

  Small countries come to Daqing every year. It is obviously a prosperous scene, but Zhou Ziyan said that it has become a point where the whole people need to improve their ideological education!

  Moreover, what he said has nothing to do with the content of the Four Books, and there is no reason.

  Xie Jinyu dug a hole, but Zhou Ziyan took his time and looked through Xie Jinyu's paper first.

  Xie Jinyu also wrote some national policies to strengthen the military and increase agriculture and mulberry.

  It's just that the writing is only superficial and remains in the theoretical aspects of the book, which is inconsistent with reality.

  Zhou Ziyan had the regulations in mind and asked: "Xie Xiezi, what do you think the imperial examination is for?"

  "Of course it is to select officials, enter the court, and govern Daqing." Xie Jinyu bowed his hands in the direction of Qingjing Province, seeming to think that Zhou Ziyan asked a stupid question.

  Zhou Ziyan nodded, "That's right. I personally think that the imperial examination is for selecting officials, and it is for selecting good officials. What is a good official?"

  "Students are not talented. In the minds of students, those who can become officials must have knowledge that others do not have, a kindness that others do not have, and a vision that others do not have."

  "With knowledge, when seeing trivial things among the people, you can think of the methods recorded in the book and find the reasons and solutions; with kindness, you can use what you have learned to help others and benefit the world; with solid knowledge and great kindness, you can It allows people to take a long-term view and see places that are currently invisible."

  "Students take these three criteria as criteria and often look at their environment through the books of sages. Only then do they understand that the knowledge students learn is closely related to people's livelihood. If they cannot combine the knowledge they have learned with people's livelihood and environment, then no matter what, Learning is just a peek into the sky."

  "That's why students will focus on people's livelihood when they get the test questions."

  Zhou Ziyan also bowed to Qingjing Province, "In today's world, the military is strong and the country is prosperous, and there is a prosperous scene. But as our ancestors have said, we should be wary of danger when we are in peace, and we must not relax because of the current comfort. If we can do it in the current situation On the basis of making the country stronger, we will definitely be able to create a better prosperous age."

Today he was wearing a plain green straight jacket made by Song's father, with a sapphire blue short-sleeved, vertical collar and buttoned jacket.

  At this time, he drew back his sleeves and lowered his eyebrows, the auspicious dark patterns on the embroidered surface were faintly visible, and the round jade beads on the buckle also shone brightly.

  Just like him, he captures people's hearts.

  Lu Mingxue looked at Zhou Ziyan standing with his hands behind his back, a trace of nostalgia flashed in his eyes.

  Although he didn't know why this adult changed his name and came to this small town.

  But he hadn't seen the master in this posture for a long time, and when he saw it now, it was exactly the same as before.

  What Zhou said to himself was so reasonable and well-founded that no one could find anything to refute.

  After all the candidates listened, they couldn't help but start to think about whether they had achieved the three points mentioned by Zhou Ziyan.

  Knowledge? Of course there is.

  Kindness... is still unclear.

  They have a long-term vision. Apart from studying, they have never paid attention to the things around them!

  Zhong Zhixian was deeply touched and said "not bad" three times in a row.

  Under official rule, things can never be accomplished simply by relying on the books of sages.

  I think that when he first became the county magistrate, he felt that he could govern the people well just by relying on his knowledge.

  As a result, he suffered a bloody head injury.

  Yu Zhou said to himself that the more Zhong Zhixian saw it, the more he appreciated it.

  Yu Xie Jinyu, Zhongzhi County is not a fool, how could he not see that his name is asking for advice, but he is actually digging a hole.

  This kind of behavior has no place on the stage!

  Thinking of what happened before, the chief clerk smiled and said, "Senior Zhou, that student next to you has implemented your theory very thoroughly."

  Zhong Zhixian came to his senses, stroking his beard and laughing, "Song Zhensheng, he went to court at a young age and used Daqing's laws to protect the interests of himself and his friends without giving in."

  "This matter has been reported to our prosecutor." Lu Mingxue also clapped his hands in agreement.

  When the chief clerk said this, other people present reacted!

  It turns out that these are Master Zhou from Chunliu Lane and Song Jiazi from Chunliu Lane!

  Among all the scholars, who has never heard of the rumor about the seven-year-old Song family's son protecting his friends in the court?

  It turned out to be them!

Chapter 52

  "It's no wonder that Mr. Zhou is the head of the case. It's no wonder that he can teach such a student. No wonder."

  "To be honest, I thought it was a joke at the time. I didn't expect the Song family to be sitting here right now. It's really embarrassing."

  There were many elderly people on the field, and they were frightened when they saw such a "ferocious" young man.

  "The back wave is getting stronger and stronger, and we cannot relax."

  "That makes sense!"

  Song Douding found that he suddenly became the center of everyone's attention. He kept a low profile and kept a low profile.

  Song Weifeng placed the wine glass in front of him. Although he was still sitting here in Ma Ming Academy, his heart had already flown to the other side.

  There was his young brother and the people he admired.

  Xie Jinyu was furious.

  He originally wanted to dig a hole for Zhou Ziyan, but instead he was used by Zhou Ziyan to promote his fame and students.

  Now, the master and the apprentice were already famous before, and now one of them is the head of the case, and the other passed the county examination at the age of seven, which is even better!

  Looking at Xie Jinyu's indignant expression, Zhou Ziyan shook his head secretly in his heart.

  Xie Jinyu's knowledge is not fake, and although the content he writes is simple, it is still meaningful.

  With a rich family background and no other worries, Xie Jinyu can have a bright future as long as he studies hard.

  It's a pity that he is short-minded and has a big temper.

  Once your emotions get the better of you, you can't control yourself until you hit an iron wall.

  Sure enough, Xie Jinyu was wrapped in anger at the moment, and his words were incoherent. He just wanted to ask Zhou Ziyan to embarrass him.

  "Xuezi Zhou, since you care so much about people's livelihood, why do you suggest that they should study?"

  "Do you know how much money it costs and how much time it takes to study? Besides, the way of learning is so profound, how can it be understood by those who can't read a single word?"

  "Instead of trying to get them to read, it's better to teach them some farming skills or other techniques so that they can make ends meet."

  Asked three times in a row, each question has no reason.

  It seems to have shifted from asking for advice to questioning.

  After hearing Xie Jinyu's question, many students present began to have strange expressions.

  Many of them are from poor family backgrounds. If you think about it carefully, aren't they the people Xie Jinyu mentioned?

  Zhou Ziyan became more and more disappointed with Xie Jinyu.

  What Xie Jinyu said seemed to be based on reality, but in fact it was laziness in politics.

  Some scholars also feel that ordinary poor people are ignorant and cannot be educated, but they are proud of it, and they have come to this conclusion only after experiments.

  Xie Jinyu's thoughts were not at all in the direction of 'I want to change this predicament'.

  He is what the predicament looks like, and he accepts whatever the predicament gives him.

  It has always been like this, and I find it difficult to change, so there is no need to change.

  If there is no need for change, then what's the point of asking officials like them to come.

  Zhou Ziyan looked around, feeling sad.

  These students who are listening attentively are all future reserve officials of Daqing. If they all think like Xie Jinyu, then Daqing will really be over.

  Zhong Zhixian gradually became displeased after hearing Xie Jinyu's words.

  Although Xie Jinyu's words are reasonable, they are too condescending.

  Although he is now the magistrate of the county, their family is still a poor person who cannot read a single word.

  If his father hadn't worked hard to earn money for him to study, he wouldn't have been able to turn over.

  Zhou Ziyan suppressed his displeasure and continued to ask: "Thank you, student, if you become an official in the future, when you rule, and ordinary people ask you for money or food, will you give it or not?"

  Xie Jinyu looked puzzled, "Of course I have to give it! If I am an official, I will make sure that everyone can have food!"

  "The money has been spent and the food has been eaten. Will you give it to me or not?" Zhou Ziyan asked again.

  "This..." Xie Jinyu finally came to his senses, "It is better to teach people how to fish than to teach them how to fish. They should be taught how to earn a future with their own hands."

  Zhou Ziyan shook his head, "If a person has never been educated, they will not understand what a future is and what it means to be self-reliant. If you give them money, they will spend it all. If you give them food, they will eat it all. If you give them money, they will eat it all. They will find their method of earning money troublesome, why can't they just give them money? You give them seeds or dairy animals, and they can kill and eat them the next day, because they have no food and don't want to starve."

  "You and I, including all the students present, have a pure heart and want to serve the court and educate the people, so we take the road of imperial examination. But thank you, student, for what you just said, those who have never read , The family is poor and it is difficult to study, so they stopped studying. They are waiting for the court to teach them some skills and just make ends meet. Such behavior may seem like a warm gesture, but in fact it only deepens their suffering."

  "With no one to teach them, how can these people understand the use of technology? Well, even if they understand it, they still have a technology, but the hoe wheel is turned ten thousand times, and the land is still hoeed. The carpenter rubs the wood for ten years, and it is still the same. A carpenter."

  "Studying is of great significance, I believe all the students here know it."

  "Xie Xuezi, the so-called skills you taught them only changed a little bit of the current predicament. Their descendants will still be the people you say can't read. From generation to generation, reincarnation repeats. Xie Xuezi, what about you? Officer, what's the point of coming here?"

  "I...!" Xie Jinyu found himself unable to answer.

  My palms started to sweat.

  Zhou Ziyan continued to say: "Thank you, student, how many people have been deceived because they don't understand the paperwork, and how many people don't even have a decent name because they are illiterate? It's difficult for stupid people to teach, so they don't teach, and if they don't understand their predicament, they don't understand."

  Although Zhou Ziyan doesn't know how to use martial arts, his biggest weapons are his brain and his mouth.

  If you think he is easy to bully just because he is thin, that would be a big mistake.

  "The family, the country, and the world are all made up of so-called stupid people. Parents are officials, parents are officials, half parent and half official."

  "His Majesty is kind-hearted and far-sighted. He opened a literacy class a few years ago. His heart is to teach all Daqing people and hope that they will escape from illiteracy. There are also many students in the area under Zhongzhi County, which is enough to prove Zhongzhi County's determination. . In this town alone, more than a dozen students have passed this county examination! When these students learn the first word on their own, they are completely changing the plight of their families."

  "Thank you, student, why are you, the future Daqing parent official, even though your majesty and Zhongzhi County are trying their best to make everyone read the book?"

  As soon as Zhou Ziyan finished speaking, Ye Lang, who was sitting next to Song Weifeng, immediately stood up and clapped his hands in agreement, "Well said!"

  Master Zhou's mind is truly unmatched!

  He knows Ye Lang well!

  Zhou Ziyan smiled and bowed in response.

  Song Weifeng turned his head to look at Ye Lang and pulled his sleeve, "Ye Lang..."

  He is good friends with Ye Lang and knows something about Ye Lang's family situation.

  He was sure that Ye Lang stood up because the words of Xie Jinyu and Brother Zhou had rippled through his heart.

  But the mountain chief and Master Liao sitting in the front row both turned to look at him, asking Ye Lang...Have you thought about it yet?

  Ye Lang was unmoved and bowed his hands, "My classmates, I am Ye Lang. I am ashamed to say that Ye's family is what Mr. Xie said, ordinary people who cannot afford to eat or study. Ye Lang When I was twelve years old, I still couldn't read a single Chinese character. Fortunately, my younger brother was still young and attended a literacy class set up by the magistrate. My younger brother was studying in the literacy class while he went home and taught me again. It took three years. After a long time, Ye will have memorized articles such as the Thousand-Character Essay."

  "After becoming literate, Ye had the opportunity to leave the village and come to the town to find a job to support his family. Only then could he meet many people who were literate, befriend Shu Xiu, enter the academy, and pass the county examination."

  When Ye Lang talked about it, his past hardships came to mind.

  Tears welled up in his eyes, and when he spoke again he was crying.

  "Ye couldn't imagine that without the kind deeds of His Majesty and the magistrate, Ye would have been trapped in that mountain for the rest of his life, unable to see the prosperity of the outside world and unable to understand many truths in the world. He would have lived a life of ignorance and mediocrity."

  After Ye Lang said this, he lifted his robe and knelt down on the spot, and kowtowed to Zhongzhi County, "Zhongzhi County, there are many families like Ye in Ye's village, but they haven't had the chance to leave yet, so they I can only entrust Ye to kowtow to the magistrate."

  After saying that, he kowtowed in the direction of Qingjing Province and said, "To express my gratitude to His Majesty for his kindness, if there is an opportunity in the future, Ye will devote himself to it until he dies!"

  Whether it was a coincidence or God's will, the direction Zhou Ziyan was in, to Ye Lang, was the direction of Qingjing Province.

  When Ye Lang kowtows to Qingjing Province, he kowtows to Zhou Ziyan.

  Zhou Zi said that he was tall and tall, but he never took a step back and pursed his lips to accept his bow.

  Liao Weian and Lu Mingxue marveled in their hearts that Ye Lang had chosen the right one by mistake.

  In this world, except Zhou Ziyan, there is no other person who can bear his worship.

  Seeing Ye Lang kowtowing his head twice, his forehead already red and swollen, Zhong Zhixian hurriedly got down from his seat and helped Ye Lang up.

  With tears in Zhong Zhixian's eyes, he patted Ye Lang's shoulder hard, "Okay, okay!"

  Relying on the help of his younger brother, he was able to reach the stage of county examination. He is very determined!

  Zhong Zhixian walked across the aisle again and held Zhou Ziyan's hand tightly, "..."

  I don't know what to say, I just feel that Master Zhou is right and well said!

  With Ye Lang's move, many people sprung up behind Zhou Ziyan to express their gratitude to Magistrate Zhong and His Majesty.

  They are all sitting next to Zhou Ziyan, which means that they have never attended a serious academy and are all self-taught.

  Yes, they are basically from peasant families, and their ancestors have been poor farmers for three generations.

  If it weren't for the literacy class provided by His Majesty and the strong recommendation of Zhongzhi County, they would never have had the opportunity to read and read.

  Maminggou, which has three academies, is like this, and other small towns are even more barren.

  If you don't even have a serious academy, what qualifications do you have to talk about the imperial examination?

  If the literacy class hadn't opened an opportunity for them to read and write, they would never have been able to sit here and talk about knowledge with those students from serious academies.

  Song Douding looked at the scene behind him blankly, seeing the big brothers' eyes were red and their arms were shaking.

  Suddenly I thought of what the Master said when I met him for the first time - 'Some people will climb up desperately as long as you give them an opening to study.'

  The brothers behind him must have climbed up through that opening.

  Zhou Ziyan stood in his position with his hands raised, his sleeves rolled up in the night breeze, and he looked at Xie Jinyu.

  Today was a celebration banquet. Xie Jinyu refuted Zhou Ziyan's answer sheet in person, because he was contrary to his opinion and was dissatisfied with him as the head of the case.

  Although Wen Wu was first, in this situation, Zhou said he could not retreat and must win.

  A long walkway separates Zhou Ziyan and Xie Jinyu.

  Just like the knowledge and character of the two people, they are divided into two completely different parties.

  Lu Mingxue shook his head. As the person with the highest official rank in the room, he stood up to smooth things over. "Okay, okay, isn't it just a discussion today? This level of discussion is enough, don't hurt the harmony."

  His little eyes gently drifted to Zhou Ziyan, and he sighed in his heart.

  Adults are adults. No matter where they are, they always insist on the truth and never take a step back.

  With Lu Mingxue smoothing things over, the tense atmosphere relaxed slightly.

  Zhou Ziyan bowed his head again and said, "I just said a lot under the influence of wine. Thank you, student, just listen to me. I accept it."

  After that, he sat down regardless of Xie Jinyu's attitude.

  Everyone picked up their wine glasses again, talking to each other, and laughing.

  It's just that the eyes during the discussion kept glancing at Mr. Zhou.

  Xie Jinyu is confused!

  There were so many students present, and not all of them were from well-off families.

  Xie Jinyu's words have offended many people.

  At least those people behind Zhou Ziyan have begun to dislike Xie Jinyu.

  Moreover, there are many talkative people here. After leaving this courtyard, no matter who is casually talking about what happened today, Xie Jinyu's reputation will be ruined by then.

  Furthermore, the reputation of Ma Ming Academy will also be affected.

  Besides, Zhou Ziyan was the one who was the one who was assigned the case by the magistrate. Wouldn't he be slapping the magistrate in the face by raising objections to Zhou Ziyan at this time?

  That is to say, their county magistrate is old and smiling.

  If it had been another bad-tempered county magistrate, he might have turned into a bad person by now!

  Liao Weian pulled Xie Jinyu to sit down, "Are you convinced?"

  Xie Jinyu remained silent. He was questioned repeatedly by Zhou Ziyan. At this time, he was completely confused and had no face to speak of.

  He could understand what Zhou Ziyan said, but he didn't understand it.

  No one has ever told him these things. He only knows that "everything is inferior but reading is superior".

  It's always been like this, nothing has changed.

  "You. Your knowledge is good, but your behavior is not good." Liao Wei'an sighed, "Yes, there are a few people in the world who can teach both knowledge and behavior like him..."

  Holding the wine glass, I felt sad for a moment.

  The maids waiting on the scene lit the lamps twice before the banquet came to an end.

  Zhou Ziyan took Song Douding and waited for Song Weifeng at the door.

  After this battle, the students had a basic understanding of the mind and knowledge of the chief criminal. Anyone who passed by Zhou Ziyan would bow their hands and bid farewell to him.

  Zhou Ziyan nodded and smiled while looking towards the infield.

  Song Weifeng was standing there.

  In this county examination, Song Weifeng was the only brother from Ma Ming Academy who passed the examination, and was left behind by the academy principal.

  Perhaps it was the first time he had such close contact with the mountain chief. Song Weifeng put his hands behind his back and quietly twisted the lilac-colored plate-collared wide-sleeved robe into pleats.

  A long purple belt was wrapped twice around the waist, and then tied with a sapphire belt hook.

  The night breeze blows gently and the lights shine brightly, which is really beautiful.

  Zhou Ziyan felt that he might have drunk too much. After looking at it for a long time, his mind flew away, and only the lilac-colored figure remained in his mind.

  Song Douding found that his wife was in a daze again, and couldn't help rolling her eyes, "Master, you are obviously interested in my brother, why did you reject Aunt Lan."

  He still remembered what Zhou said to himself, "There is no intention of getting married."

  "I didn't care about your eavesdropping behavior, but you came to ask me?" Zhou Ziyan looked away and gently grabbed Song Douding's ear, "You are not allowed to eavesdrop again in the future, do you understand?"

  "Oh." Song Douding blinked, obviously not listening.

  But he is more measured now. He will listen to what he should listen to, but he will never listen to what he shouldn't.

  Ye Lang hadn't left yet, holding his little bundle in his arms and approaching Song Douding, "Little boy Song."

  "Brother Ye!" Song Douding called obediently.

  "Why don't you call me brother Ye? You and I are both students now, so it's okay to call me Ye Xuezi." Ye Lang touched Song Douding's forehead. To be honest, he was a little afraid to be called brother by Song Douding. Although he was older, he was very knowledgeable. Maybe not as good as the kid in front of me.

  Song Douding thought of his current status as a student and laughed "hehe".

  After a while, Song Weifeng finally came over slowly.

  "The mountain leader drank a few more drinks and actually said so much." Song Weifeng breathed a sigh of relief and took Song Douding's little hand, "Brother Zhou, let's go."

  Zhou Ziyan nodded, "Let's go home!"

  "Wait a minute!"

  Before Zhou Ziyan could turn around, he saw a young man chasing after him quickly, "Zhou, Zhou Xiucai... wait a minute, wait a minute, the magistrate, please stay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 186 8
So ye I got addicted to another film *God dang it* And I decided to make a one shot book of my Otp. I hope you like it!
30.2K 730 17
After Erza left magnolia for 5 years she has finally come back to the fairy academy! Gray seems overjoyed and he tries to be with Erza later on. But...
2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...