The Imperial Examination Dail...

By Demens88

Summary too long, read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING http://www.fuxsb.com/chua... More

Summary + Chapter 1-5
Chapter 6-10
Chapter 11-15
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-25
Chapter 26-30
Chapter 31-35
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 56-60
Chapter 61-65
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 81-85
Chapter 86-90
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
Chapter 161-165
Chapter 166-170
Chapter 171-175
Chapter 176-180
Chapter 181-185
Chapter186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Chapter 201-205
Chapter 206-210
Chapter 211-215
Chapter 216-220
Chapter 221-225
Chapter 226-230
Chapter 231-235
Chapter 236-240
Chapter 241-245
Chapter 246-250
Chapter 251-255
Chapter 256-260
Chapter 261-265
Chapter 266-270
Chapter 271-275
Chapter 275-280
Chapter 281-285
Chapter 286-290
Chapter 291-295
Chapter 296-303

Chapter 36-40

88 1 0
By Demens88

 From then on, "Master You", the censor of Zuodu, only existed in Qingjing Province and would no longer be known to others unless necessary.

  And there is another white-bodied scholar Zhou Ziyan in the world.

  Regardless of the imperial examination or accepting disciples, he can act in his own name from now on.

  Zhou said he changed his household registration and did not tell anyone else.

  In the Song family, he only said that his household registration had been transferred from elsewhere and that he was now from Maminggou.

  Song Weifeng and Song Douding were both very happy about this and felt that they were closer to Master Zhou.

  Zhou Ziyan originally only planned to find a place to live by himself, so the selection criteria were very broad.

  But now if I want to teach five young apprentices, I must choose a house with a big yard.

  This will make it easier for the little carrot heads to sit.

  With his new selection criteria, he visited the real estate agency several times, but still couldn't find a suitable property.

  The more he looked at it, the more he felt that the Wang family courtyard he had photographed before was the most suitable.

  It's a pity that they don't sell it.

  Once again, I returned from the village without any problems.

  Zhou Ziyan touched his stomach and felt really hungry and discouraged.

  Otherwise, just place your hope on Uncle Song and pray that he is willing to turn the Song family into a private school to provide education for the little carrots.

  Judging from Father Song's previous respect for scholars... maybe it's okay.

  Zhou said that he was enjoying his hardships, and he was stopped before he even took two steps from the village house.

  "Young Master, this is a greeting card from my young master." The boy who stopped him respectfully presented a gilded greeting card.

  The boy didn't recognize the person in front of him.

  But to be able to ask his son to pay homage, this person must be unusual.

  "Greetings?" Zhou said he didn't quite understand. He was nothing now, yet someone actually sent him a greeting?

  Open it and go straight to the signature at the end.

  It was actually Liao Weian.

  Liao Weian, one of Lin Fanji's students, was from Qingjing Province.

  His father came from an aristocratic family and was appointed as a seventh-rank Dali judge, and his mother was a lady from a scholarly family.

  Seeing this name, Zhou Ziyan understood.

  He put the greeting card into his sleeve and raised his hand, "Where is your young master now?"

  "Go back to the young master, my young master is waiting for you." The boy turned around and pointed his palm towards the carriage where Liao Weian was sitting, "Young Master, if you have time, you can see me now."

  Zhou said he was still hungry, so he took a look around.

  Seeing a noodle stall not far from Zhuangzhaixing, he said to the boy, "I'm a little hungry now. Let your young master come with me to have a bowl of noodles."

  "This..." The boy was a little embarrassed.

  What is the identity of his young master, and how can he go to a noodle stall to eat noodles? !

  Zhou Ziyan waved his hand, "Just ask. If he doesn't want to, then he won't come to see me."

  After saying these words, Zhou Ziyan left first.

  The owner of the noodle stall is a brother. He has his hair tied up and his noodles are dressed up. He must be married.

  Wearing an apron, he sprinkled green onions and cooked noodles in one go.

  The person delivering the noodles was a boy who looked to be in his early teens, running around carrying a dinner plate.

  A small noodle stall with the smell of fireworks everywhere.

  Zhou Ziyan lifted his robe and sat down, raised his hand and called for noodles, "Boss, two bowls of noodles, one without chopped green onions and one with some sliced ​​meat."

  "Okay!" Brother Boss responded abruptly.

  Zhou Ziyan picked up the rag on the table and wiped the table clean himself.

  Before the bench was warm, a person stood opposite.

  Liao Weian was wearing a light blue-grey round-neck robe, with fine lines all over his body and a luxurious waistband. He stood opposite Zhou Ziyan with his hands raised, saying respectfully and politely, "Ms. Zhou."

  He is slightly older than Zhou Ziyan.

  Now standing in front of Zhou Ziyan, he felt a little nervous and inferior.

  After all, the 'Xiangong Zhou' in front of him, although he is now a white man, has a higher official rank than him, and is brothers with his teacher, how can he dare to offend him.

  "Sit down, I ordered you a bowl of noodles with a few more slices of meat." Zhou Ziyan wiped the chopsticks clean and put them away for Liao Wei'an.

  Liao Weian smiled softly and put down the blue cloth baggage in his hand, "You... Mr. Zhou still remembers that students like to eat meat."

  He lifted his robe and sat down, enjoying the quiet and rustling atmosphere.

  Since the old man in front of him has changed his family name, it is natural that he should also be called by his new name.

  Zhou Ziyan didn't care about Liao Weian's change of title. He recalled his days in Qingjing Province and laughed in his heart, "Why don't you remember that every time you and your colleagues came to my house, they always asked for barbecue and stew?" Meat......"

  Although he was noisy with Lin Fanji at that time, he often interacted with several of Lin Fanji's disciples in private.

  With his good craftsmanship, he successfully captured all Lin Fanji's apprentices, leaving the little old man speechless with anger.

  While listening, Liao Weian rolled up his sleeves and poured tea for Zhou Ziyan... no, water.

  There is no tea at this noodle stall, only boiled water.

  The young boy came over with two bowls of noodles, and Zhou Ziyan took the one without chopped green onions.

  Liao Weian naturally took another bowl.

  The noodles were still warm, and Zhou said he was almost hungry, so he started eating without saying anything.

  Liao Weian saw this and said, "Counting the days, the student and Mr. Zhou have not seen each other for four months."

  An ordinary porcelain bowl with a small chip on the side.

  It is completely different from the exquisite bowls Zhou Ziyan used in Beijing.

  Unexpectedly, Mr. You, who was once outside the capital of Qingjing Province, would now be eating noodles at a small noodle stall.

  "Old man Lin didn't scold me, did he?" Zhou Ziyan swallowed a mouthful of noodles and touched the gap of the porcelain bowl with his fingertips, feeling a slight sting. "Did he blame me?"

  When Emperor Jingxuan dismissed his official position, he did not make any announcement. He only sent a father-in-law who was familiar with Zhou Ziyan to convey the order.

  She probably wanted to save some face for him.

  So he didn't make any announcement. He only wrote a letter quietly to his relatives and friends the night before leaving Beijing.

  By the time his friends received the letter, he had already sailed south.

  "When the teacher heard that you were leaving Beijing, he went to your house as soon as possible. However, the teacher was slow and was a step late. By that time, you had already left Beijing." Liao Wei'an couldn't help but laugh when he thought of the teacher's disregard for image and cursed, "You You can probably imagine that the teacher stood at the door of your house and cursed for more than an hour."

  The relationship between his teacher and Mr. Zhou was like friends, but also like teacher and student.

  They are each other's confidants, but they don't deal with each other.

  He and several other senior brothers have been discussing it for many years, but they still don't understand how an old man and a young man can get along like that.

  It can only be said that when fate comes, there is no need to worry too much.

  "I guessed it, he must have scolded me to death." Zhou Ziyan wolfed down a bowl of noodles and wiped the noodle soup residue from his lips, "What are you doing in Maminggou? You are a true native of Qingjing Province. , Where do your relatives come from in Maminggou?"

  "After you left, the teacher wrote three angrily and went to argue with the emperor." Liao Wei'an said, "To be honest, the teacher's temper... Well, we ended up having a huge quarrel with the emperor in the imperial study room. Then the teacher told me I'm on sick leave, and I'm currently raising flowers and entertaining birds in my house."

  "The little old man really knows how to enjoy it." Zhou said he was jealous.

  Look, this is the difference between him and Lin Fanji.

  Just because of the same quarrel, Old Man Lin could raise flowers and entertain birds in his house, but he would be dismissed from office!

  So angry!

  Liao Weian continued: "Although the teacher is on vacation in the mansion, he has been looking for traces of you. It's just that Mr. Zhou is too unconventional. He doesn't follow official roads and chooses small roads."

  As a student of Lin Xianggong, he heard the old teacher scolding Zhou Ziyan in the study more than once.

  He scolded him for being mentally ill and left Beijing in anger.

  He also scolded him for being like a little mouse, lurking everywhere so that no one could find any trace of him.

  Zhou Ziyan smiled and said, "What's the point of taking the official road? The scenery is all on the small road."

  He had only walked a few official roads along the way, either climbing mountains or riding boats.

  Although I was a little tired and spent a little more money, the scenery along the way was really nothing to say.

  Forget it, it was a small regret that he could not visit the scenery of his motherland.

  "The words Old Man Lin scolded me probably didn't sound good. It's okay. I understand." Zhou said frankly, "After all, I also called him an old bastard. It's okay."

  Liao Weian: "..."

  The old tortoise and the little mouse.

  How dare a student like him answer the question?

  Zhou Ziyan asked: "Did you solve the matter at Ma Ming Academy?"

  "Mr. Zhou was made to laugh." When it came to Xie Jinyu, Liao Weian was ashamed. "This matter is due to the student's poor thinking. I didn't expect such an unworthy thing to happen in such a small academy."

  He was invited to Ma Ming Academy, and when he saw the peaceful scene, he thought that the entire academy had a clean and upright atmosphere.

  It wasn't until the words at the academy door reached his ears that day that he realized how long he had been deceived.

So he stepped up to handle the matter, fearing that he would leave a bad impression on Mr. Zhou.

Zhou said to himself: "It's okay, you are still young."

Although he is several years younger than Liao Weian, his words are extremely mature.

Liao Weian was not surprised at all. He just took out a letter from his arms and handed the blue cloth bundle to Zhou Ziyan, "This is what the teacher asked me to bring to you. The student only went south to travel and study. Since the teacher found your If you have any traces, please ask me to bring you these things."

Zhou Ziyan opened the envelope, "Hey, the little old man still knows how to bring me a gift?"

He looked at it for a second, then put it away expressionlessly.

Damn it, just say that Old Man Lin is not so kind.

A letter with only one sentence: "You stinking stone in the latrine!"

The pen moves like a wandering dragon, its momentum is terrifying.

Lin Fanji actually called him a stinking stone?

What do you mean, are you mocking him for not telling his friends that he was leaving Beijing because he couldn't speak?

Or are you mocking him for being so bad-tempered and tough that he actually goes against the emperor?

Wow, they have known each other for such a long time.

Don't you actually know what kind of person Zhou Ziyan is?

Although Zhou Ziyan was angry, he still kept the letter with a smile.

Open the blue cloth bag and take a look.

Inside was a stack of banknotes and some things he had used before.

A set of pen, ink, paper and inkstone with obvious signs of use.

It was probably taken directly from his study.

A broken jade fan.

This is the fan he used to wear when he was dressing up in Qingjing Province.

There are also three jade hairpins with flowers and auspicious clouds, a jade handle with Ruyi, and a green jade tea set with the meaning of Liuyun Mountain.

At the bottom, there is actually a brocade ribbon with four colors of clouds and phoenixes.

"..." Zhou Ziyan held the brocade ribbon and lifted it up from the bag, "Your teacher actually brought this thing out..."

Yunfeng's four-color flower brocade ribbon is the ribbon he wears when he goes to court.

From the three-color flower brocade ribbon to the four-color flower, he walked for seven years.

When he was promoted, he was like now, holding the brocade ribbon and vowing to serve as an official well and live up to his official uniform.

I didn't expect that when we meet again, it will be like this.

Liao Wei'an cupped his hands and said, "Actually, the students arrived at Maminggou a month ago, but the teacher said that if you don't plan to change your household registration, then these things cannot be given to you. If you have changed your name and plan to start over, then, Only students can give these things to you. The teacher said that this is half of the money you deserve...it should be the cost of publishing."

"Publishing?" Zhou said to himself and understood, "Ah...it's those two books..."

He also scolded Lin Fanji for secretly making money without taking him with him. It turned out that he had already divided his share.

"Your teacher has a complicated mind."

Zhou Ziyan collected all his things and understood all Lin Fanji's meaning.

If he doesn't change his household registration, he can live a good life even if he goes south based on his past experience and connections.

If he changes his household registration and decides to start from scratch, it proves that he has decided to abandon everything in the past and will never use his past identity to seek any benefits.

Is Lin Fanji inspecting him?

Want to see if he has changed his mind because of his resignation?

That really disappointed Lin Fanji. Not only did he not change his original intention, he also planned to do whatever he wanted.

Liao Weian took out a letter from his sleeve, "By the way, this is the letter that Ma Ming Academy gave to the student Song. He can resume school in two days."

Zhou Ziyan looked at the letter and said, "Not bad. Wei Feng can finally go to school again."

Zhou Ziyan kept other things safe, leaving only the jade bone fan. He waved it away and said with a smile: "Liao Weian, tell your teacher when you have time, I have also accepted apprentices. They are all very smart. Let him wait for me." Let's have a good competition when we return to Beijing."

"Mr. Zhou, wait for the good news." Liao Weian stood up, bowed his hands, bowed his head and said, "Why don't you go back to nowhere, the old people and the old places will not change. These are the last words of the teacher, Mr. Zhou, farewell. See you in the capital. ."

Zhou Ziyan also stood up and said, "Goodbye."

Liao Weian didn't eat his bowl of noodles.

Zhou said that one bowl of noodles was not enough, so he also finished his portion.

After eating, he went to Yinzhuang and opened an account called "Zhou Ziyan".

He deposited the banknotes and cashed in some broken silver.

With household registration and money, Zhou Ziyan felt much more at ease.

Back at the Song family, Song Douding went to play somewhere else.

There is only one Song Weifeng in the inner courtyard, who is serving tea on the stone table in the courtyard.

A few tea cakes were randomly placed on the round and thick stone table, and there was a pile of loose tea in the corner.

Song Weifeng carefully broke open the tea cake, put it into a purple sand pottery pot, and then gently stirred it with a wooden hand.

Even before flushing, I could already smell a refreshing fragrance.

Zhou Ziyan's nose twitched slightly, "Is this clear flower tea? You actually serve tea."

The so-called tea preparation is to buy tea cakes and loose tea, recombine them yourself, dry them, brew them, and finally turn them into a pot of tea.

Tea is still a relatively expensive thing in Daqing.

I didn't expect that Song Weifeng, who was born in a farm family, could serve tea?

"Well... I was in college before. I saw my classmates doing it, so I learned a little secretly." Song Weifeng broke open the tea cakes, put in some loose tea, and lit the fire to make tea. "Dad has not been sleeping well recently. Flower tea can clear away the heat." Fire and Pine God sleep in peace, so I thought of making some. Brother Zhou, would you like to try it too?"

"One person gets the spirit, two people get the fun, and the three get the taste. I am blessed today." Zhou Ziyan sat down and watched Song Weifeng slowly brewing tea.

Even when Song Weifeng is at home, he dresses very decently.

Zhou Ziyan rarely saw him in loose clothes.

Every time, she wears straight robes, even buttoned to the top, never impudent.

Song Weifeng was very observant of etiquette. It is hard to imagine that such a well-behaved person came from a peasant family.

Genes and acquired environment are really magical.

Zhou Ziyan was counting in his mind. After exactly five minutes, Song Weifeng put out the fire, took down the teapot, and opened the lid to let out the smell.

The gentle aroma of tea instantly swept through the entire nasal cavity.

Really good tea.

This kind of tea naturally needs a good tea set.

Zhou Ziyan took out two sapphire teacups from his bag and said, "Use this."

A tea set that has not been used for a long time. The first time it is used is to drink tea prepared by Wei Feng himself. It is just right.

Song Weifeng picked up one of the cups and couldn't put it down, "What an exquisite tea cup, Brother Zhou, where did you get it?"

"I saw it on the road and bought it casually." Zhou finished his nonsense and couldn't wait to pour the tea into the cup.

The clear jade cup is filled with fragrant tea, which makes people drunk just by smelling it.

Zhou Ziyan sipped tea slowly and took out the letter Liao Weian gave him, "I met people from Ma Ming Academy on the street, and they asked me to give this to you."

"My letter?" Song Weifeng opened it doubtfully, read it carefully, and gradually raised the corners of his lips, "Brother Zhou, the academy asked me to go back to study. The academy also apologized to me, a student, for what happened before. That's great."

Zhou Ziyan blew away the fog above the tea cup and said with a smile: "They should. If we don't change it, this academy will close down soon."

"That's great. You can study better when you go back to the academy and prepare for the children's examination." Song Weifeng regained his fighting spirit and was full of confidence.

"Come on, don't even fail the test when the time comes." Zhou joked to himself, and took out a folding fan from his arms, which was exactly the one he had personally asked for before, "Here, I'll give this to you, just like Brother Zhou gives it to you The gift of returning to school."

"Isn't this your fan, Brother Zhou?" Song Weifeng took the fan, folded his wrist and waved it away, and a familiar night view of the Song family courtyard slowly unfolded, "Brother Zhou is really good at painting, lifelike."

"What's the point? I can -" Zhou Ziyan wanted to paint a self-portrait for Song Weifeng in the future.

Then I thought about it, why is he, a bachelor, painting a self-portrait for an unmarried man? !

Do you still think you are not enough?

Song Weifeng held the handle of the fan and pursed his lips, "Brother Zhou, if there is something unfamiliar to me in learning in the future, can I ask you?"

"Of course, what's the point?" Zhou Ziyan didn't understand why Song Weifeng was so reserved when facing him, "The Song family has helped me a lot, and I'm grateful. Just ask."

"Okay, then I have a problem now." Song Weifeng put away the folding fan and inserted it into the girdle on his waist.

Then he took out a piece of stationery with poetry written on it from the scroll lying next to him, handed it to Zhou and said to himself, "Brother Zhou, what does this poem mean?"

Zhou Ziyan raised it to look at it while drinking tea, "..."

I almost spit out the tea after taking a sip.

This is actually a peach blossom poem.

Borrowing the scenery of peach blossoms in full bloom in spring, it is a metaphor for the budding heart of spring and the perfect marriage.

  Wei Feng... what does this... mean?

  Zhou Ziyan raised his eyes and saw Song Weifeng standing in front of him with his hands behind his back, his round face showing no abnormality.

  Did he think too much?

  It seems that he has really thought too much and actually thinks that Song Weifeng is interested in him. He is becoming more and more convinced!

  "This word describes the scene of two families getting married. It uses peach blossoms as a metaphor for the relationship between the two protagonists. It is just like the peach blossoms that slowly bloom with the spring breeze, sweet and brilliant." Zhou Ziyan put away his small thoughts and said seriously. Interpreted it.

  Disregarding metaphors, the words and sentences of the poem are very beautiful.

  He read it carefully twice more, "Where did you see this poem?"

  "From a storybook, it's called..."A branch of red apricot fills the garden with spring scenery."" Song Weifeng put away his poem with his usual expression, "It's about a young man who unexpectedly met a gentleman and became his disciple. The gate has made Qin and Jin successful."

  As he was about to finish his words, he couldn't help but glance at Zhou Ziyu out of the corner of his eye.

  He wanted to see how his brother Zhou would react.

  Zhou Ziyan scolded: "Wei Feng, you are already a child, how can you read this kind of storybook?"

  "A branch of red apricot fills the garden with spring scenery", what kind of story is this?

  It doesn't sound like a serious story at first glance!

  Students who are about to take the National Children's Examination are now reading this kind of storybook. Isn't this putting the cart before the horse?

  "There are a lot of books about this on the book stalls, so when can I read them?" Zhou Zi said earnestly, "It's not impossible to use them to relieve boredom in your spare time, but you are not yet in your prime, what do you think you can do if you don't have these? When you pass the Children's Examination, with Uncle Song's ability, can't he find you a good marriage? Your top priority now should be the Children's Examination, the Children's Examination!"

  Although the Children's Examination is the first threshold for Daqing scholars to enter school.

  But the ancient examinations were different from modern ones, and the teaching level and difficulty were also incomparable.

  Little do they know how many scholars in Daqing have failed the exams in their entire lives and will be just old boys until they die.

  Zhou Ziyan, who had taken the exam once, knew very well the value of the children's exam and was afraid that Song Weifeng would slack off because he had rested at home for a while.

  Failure of students to pass the exam is the result that Zhou Ziyan, a teacher, least wants to see!

  Song Weifeng pursed his lips, "...I know."

  Sure enough.

  This Master Zhou in his family just doesn't understand the style.

  Two days later, Song Weifeng packed his luggage and returned to the academy gloomily.

  I don't go home until I'm on holiday.

  The Song family had been noisy for more than a month and then calmed down again.

  Zhou Ziyan planned his idea carefully, found Song's father, and told him his plan.

  Run a private school.

  A private school is actually a type of small private school.

  There is no academy, no school.

  The place of school is at the teacher's home or ancestral temple, and you can attend classes by paying a certain amount of meditation.

  "This..." Father Song was stunned. Of course he was willing to let the children go to class. "To be honest, sir, Douding has already told me about this. When he said it, he was rolling on the floor and asked me to give him more. Silver, because he wants to teach Shu Xiu for his friends."

  Zhou said to himself: "..."

  This kid, Song Douding, deducted money so openly and without fear of being beaten.

  Sure enough, Song's father's next words were: "Although I beat Douding, I am their Uncle Song, so what's the point of trying to fix things? It's just that this matter is not easy to handle. They have it in every household. Sir, even if I want to spend more money, I can't get past their parents."

  "Uncle Song is righteous." Zhou Ziyan has always respected Father Song's mentality. "To tell you the truth, I met a friend a few days ago who brought me some gold and silver. Now there is no shortage of children. That's a little bit of repair. I'm just afraid that you might have a grudge in your heart."

  He is the gentleman hired by Father Song.

  Now not only can't he deal with Song Douding one-on-one, but he also has to teach four more people.

  Everything about this matter must be approved by Father Song.

  Fortunately, Father Song was kind-hearted.

  "What's the point?" Song's father waved his hand, "Originally I just wanted to find a literacy teacher to teach Douding how to read. Now not only Douding is willing to take the children's exam, but even his friends are willing to study. , how could I, Uncle Song, be unwilling?"

  "It's good to study. Children should study more to avoid being bullied everywhere when they grow up."

  Song Douding, a skinny monkey, usually doesn't do any good things. The best thing he did when he moved to the town was to find a good wife!

  Father Song is so kind, Zhou Ziyan cannot be without conscience. He cupped his hands and said: "Uncle Song, I will not accept Douding's support anymore. I was penniless at the time, but the Song family gave me a place to live. If it weren't for Without your support, I can't sit here and discuss this matter with you now. If you don't mind, any children of the Song family from your branch who want to come to school in the future can come as long as they pass my selection criteria. Just half of it can be repaired."

  "Sir, are you serious?!" Father Song couldn't believe what he heard, "Are you really willing to teach the children of our old Song family?!"

  Zhou said to himself: "Not all of them will be taught, they must pass my selection criteria."

  He is a teacher and is naturally willing to teach students.

  If you can teach one more person, you might be able to create one more talented person.

  But he cannot teach so many students on his own, so he can only choose the best.

  "Okay, okay, okay, okay!" Song's father held Zhou Ziyan's hand and couldn't hide his excitement. "Although our old Song family are all mud-legged people from the countryside, we have many relatives in the family, and many children have never read a book. Know the words."

  "When I decided to go out to run a business, the elders in the clan didn't agree. They said I was fanciful and crazy about money, and held me down with clan rules and filial piety. If the village chief hadn't been willing to take over Douding, we wouldn't be where we are now. The family. The children are all good children. Although I have conflicts with some relatives in the clan, I also want to have a few promising people in the family who can bring glory to the ancestors. As you said, sir, the genealogy of our old Song family must be based on I'll open another one here, hahahahaha!"

  Zhou Ziyan did not expect that there would be such a conflict between the Song family and the country people.

  But Father Song doesn't mind this, which is always a good thing.

  While they were talking, Song Douding ran in from outside the gate, panting, "Dad...Dad, Master, huh...Wang family, something happened to the Wang family!"

  "What could happen to the Wang family?" Father Song lifted Song Douding and asked him to stand up straight, "Why are you still making noises now?"

  Song Douding calmed down and shouted: "No... Huh... Something really happened. There are many government servants with big swords standing in front of Wang's house! It's scary!"

  He had just been playing outside when he turned around and saw the familiar silver knife heading straight for the Wang family's door.

  Then the Wang family fell into chaos.

  He quickly ran back to report the news.

  Zhou Ziyan and Song's father looked at each other, and both saw the incredible look in the other's eyes.

  There was no time to think too much and he hurried to Wang's house.

  As expected, a crowd of people gathered in front of Wang's house.

  The Wang father and the eldest brother of the Wang family whom I had seen that day were confronting the government officials and refused to leave.

  The Queen Mother hugged the eldest brother of the Wang family and begged, feeling extremely miserable.

  The Wang family's wife was sitting on the ground, seemingly dumbfounded, unable to believe that her son could actually do such a thing.

  "Lord Registrar." Zhou Zi said and handed over his hand.

  "Master Zhou, you are here too." The chief clerk nodded to Zhou Ziyan and Song's father, and then ordered the officials to stop talking nonsense and quickly arrest Wang's father and the eldest brother of the Wang family, saying that this matter only involves Wang's father and Wang's family. Brother, just take these two people back.

  Through the main book, Zhou Ziyan knew what happened.

  It turned out that on the day they left the government office, two government officials forced the Zhang family and the Wang family to see the Wang family's daughter's grave.

  Who would have known that the Zhang family didn't even build a grave, they only built a small mound for the Wang family's daughter!

  The government officials felt something was wrong and insisted that the Zhang family open a grave.

  After some entanglement, the Zhang family opened a grave.

  There was only one piece of clothing belonging to the Wang family daughter in the tomb, but no bones.

  When asked about the whereabouts of the Wang family daughter's body, the Zhang family hesitated and couldn't say a word.

  The officials reported the matter to the county magistrate overnight.

  As soon as the county magistrate heard what happened, he knew that there was something hidden in the matter. In a rage, he decided to thoroughly investigate the affairs of the Zhang family and the Wang family.

  It turns out that the Zhang family is superstitious about Feng Shui and believes that the bad things happening in the family are all caused by slaughtering livestock all the time, and they have been punished by God.

  So they didn't know where to find an unknown Taoist to find a solution.

  The method given by this unknown Taoist is to let them find a woman who meets the requirements and use this woman to replace their family's blood debt.

  The Wang family's daughter's horoscope just met the Taoist requirements, so the Zhang family paid attention to the Wang family's daughter.

  Because my heart is impure, when I ask for it, I offer a huge gift.

 The Wang family knew that this marriage was not worth such a large gift, but they did not even bother to investigate the Zhang family. They directly accepted the gift and persuaded the Wang family's daughter to get married.

  Poor Wang family girl has a kind and filial nature. Coupled with the Zhang family's sweet words, she really thought that the Zhang family treated her sincerely.

  When the Wang family agreed to the Zhang family's request, the Wang family had already sold the Wang family daughter in their hearts.

  Whether it's life or death, they naturally don't care anymore.

  So later the Zhang family didn't let the Wang family go to worship, and the Wang family didn't care.

  In this matter, the Zhang family believed too much in the theory of Feng Shui and harmed a good woman, which was a big mistake.

  But the Zhang family obviously had no good intentions, but the Wang family was wrong to send their daughter there for fifty taels of silver, regardless of their conscience.

  If this incident spread, it would bring bad reputation to both Maminggou and the magistrate, so the magistrate immediately took the Zhang family into custody.

  Then let the chief clerk take the yamen servants to arrest the Wang family, preparing to kill the chickens to scare the monkeys.

  "You see what happened to the Wang family." The chief secretary was chatting with Zhou Ziyan, "They married off their daughter to die for fifty taels of silver. How could this pie-in-the-sky thing be so good? No, my daughter didn't. I have to go to jail myself."

  "I heard that they used the money to buy a big compound, hoping to find a wife for the boss. They also planned to use it for repairs and travel expenses, but now it's all gone."

  Wang Xiaoniu stood at the door of her house, holding on to the doorframe tightly, looking at the farce in the courtyard, crying and laughing.

  Song Douding approached him cautiously, "Little girl..."

  "I'm fine..." Wang Xiaoniu was stunned, "Douding, are they really my father and eldest brother? How could they just sell my sister to her?"

  When she was a child, her father and brother would hold her and ride horses every day, and they would always buy snacks for her and her sister.

  Why does it become like this? !

  "..." Song Douding didn't know how to answer, so he looked at Zhou Ziyan.

  Trying to get the answer from Master Zhou.

  Zhou said to himself: "..."

  The human heart is the most difficult to distinguish, so what can he say?

  Family members who were very close when they were young will often fight against each other because of their own interests when they grow up.

  This has been true for the royal family since ancient times, and it is also true for the people.

  No one can escape the complexity and transformation of human nature.

  "Brother, yamen servant, eldest brother, please, please, we don't chant, we don't chant anymore." The Queen Mother knelt on the ground and kept pleading with the yamen servant, "It's because Qian Niang is unlucky, it's because Qian Niang has a bad life, this Our family doesn't care about this matter anymore, you can't take the boss away, you can't!"

  "He's still studying, and he still has to take the child exam! The child exam is coming soon, and he can't be taken away!"

  Father Wang tightly grasped the wrist of the eldest brother of the Wang family, "This matter is my idea, I am his father, just arrest me, don't arrest the boss again!"

  The second brother of the Wang family squatted on the ground, supporting the Wang family's grandmother, with tears in his eyes.

  The courtyard was a mess.

  The eldest brother of the Wang family stood there with his head lowered, wondering if he had any regrets.

  But no matter how they resisted, they could not resist the government officials who were skilled in martial arts.

  As soon as the silver sword comes out, obey obediently.

  When Father Wang and the eldest brother of the Wang family walked out of the gate of the Wang family, they glanced at Xiaoniu Wang who was standing by the door.

  The look in her eyes didn't look like looking at her own daughter, but rather like looking at her enemy.

  When Wang Xiaoniu saw such a look, she couldn't help but retreat.

  The Queen Mother ran out after her, but could only see the backs of the King's father and the eldest brother of the Wang family being taken away.

  She looked around and saw neighbors watching the excitement.

  No one cares about their family, and no one can help their family.

  The Queen Mother slapped Wang Xiaoniu hard on the face, "You want to die, girl, why do you care about this matter? Why do you want to care about it?! Now your father and your brother are being punished because of you Are you happy that we were captured? Are you happy?"

  "Qianniang is dead, she's dead! Now even your father and your brother are gone, how can our family survive? How can we survive!"

  The Queen Mother sat down directly on the ground, feeling so sad that she cried in front of everyone, "The boss will be able to take the children's examination after the Chinese New Year. If he passes the child examination, he will continue to take the examination. Our old Wang family will enjoy happiness soon." Oh, God, why are you torturing our old Wang family like this!"

  Wang Xiaoniu covered her face and couldn't believe that this was what her mother said, "Mom...don't you cry about your sister every day and want to see her?"

  Did she remember it wrong?

  Isn't the mother in my memory hugging her sister's clothes every day and feeling sorry for her sister's life?

  "Crying, what's the use of me crying? Now that your father and your brother are gone, what's the use of Qianniang coming back?!" The Queen Mother pointed at Wang Xiaoniu and yelled, "You are different from your sister, you are not a Thing, you were born to kill our old Wang family!"

  "Qianniang, my good daughter, please come back and take a look. Your father and brother have been sent to the Yamen by your sister!"

  The Queen Mother kept beating the ground, crying loudly.

  Wang Xiaoniu looked at such a girl and kept backing away until she had no way to retreat.

  No, that's not the case.

  How could my mother be like this?

  It was obviously her mother who had been praying to God and praying to God to bless her sister with good health and a long life. Why did she blame her now?

  It was obviously my father and eldest brother who sent my sister to the Zhang family for fifty taels of silver.

  Now that her father and eldest brother have been taken away, why is it her fault?

  Did she do something wrong?

  Whose fault is it?

  What is right and what is wrong?

  Zhou Ziyan closed his eyes and scolded: "Aunt Wang, stop crying, what a shame! Uncle Wang and the boss were arrested because they had violated the law by buying and selling children for their own selfish desires! The county government arrested people , It's reasonable, and it can't be erased by just crying a few words here!"

  "As parents, you should educate your children and lead by example, instead of giving your children away like objects for money!"

  "First, your Wang family ignores human relations and buys and sells children. If this kind of thing spreads, how will people outside see us in Chunliu Lane? Are they all the same family that sells their daughters for glory?"

  "Second, the county magistrate hears cases and clearly distinguishes right from wrong, but you don't distinguish between good and bad, and you are still blaming the sky and the earth. Do you have to have a weak official to be our parent official in Maminggou to satisfy your family?"

  "Third, the little girl is brave, smart, and friendly to the sisters. At a young age, she dared to go to court for injustices in her family. With such broad-mindedness and courage, if your family had not made mistakes, the little girl should have been commended by the Yamen long ago. It is your turn. Are you swearing here?"

  If the Wang family can sell Wang family girls, they can sell Wang girls in the future.

  There was nothing wrong with Xiaoniu and Song Douding except that they acted recklessly.

  When the neighbors gathered around the door of Wang's house heard this, they thought, hey, this is really true.

  "Yes, it was Lao Wang who did something wrong in the first place, so why should we blame the children?"

  "But I still feel uncomfortable. The child complained and sent me and my brother to the government office. It is too unfilial."

  "What's so unfilial? Didn't you listen? It was the Wang family who sold the Wang family daughter. It's not certain whether they will sell the Wang girl in the future."

  "Tsk, you should avoid interacting with this kind of family in the future..."

  The Queen Mother stared, "Who are you? We are Qianniang's parents. We have raised her for more than ten years. As a child, she should contribute to this family! As her mother, I pray for her every day. Buddha bless me, isn't that enough? It's her own fault!"

  "Unfortunately, I thought that as a mother, you cried day and night because you felt sorry for your daughter. It turns out that you are just guilty and afraid." Zhou Ziyan shook his head, feeling disappointed, "Children should obey their parents, but they are not completely obedient! Don't forget, Daqing is not just a hall of words, there are Daqing laws among the people! In life, there should be rules. If there are no rules to restrain them, what is the difference between humans and animals?!"

  He thought too much. He thought the neighbors in Chunliu Lane were all kind-hearted people like Song's father.

  But in this world, kindness is the most rare thing.

  The so-called family affection is just that we haven't encountered any interests that need to be broken.

  Once a choice arises between an ordinary daughter and an eldest son who is about to take the child exam, naturally the eldest son is more important.

  Asking God and worshiping Buddha is just a fear of dreaming back in the middle of the night.

  The Queen Mother came to her senses.

  The man in front of him spoke fluently and logically. He must be the wife of the Song family.

  After thinking about this, she set her target on Zhou Ziyan, threw herself in front of Zhou Ziyan and was about to beat him, "So it's you who provoked my little girl to cause trouble. I'll beat you up. You can stir up trouble by reading basic books." Are you jealous of my boss and saying hello to someone else's family, and you are afraid that he will take away your fame, so you came to harm the boss?!"

  When Zhou Ziyan heard this, he finally couldn't help but sneer, "The knowledge and knowledge of the boss of your Wang family are all obtained by stepping on the flesh and blood of the Wang family's daughters. If such a scholar obtains fame, well, God will not allow it."

 People are doing it, and God is watching. If I could send my daughter to suffer for money in the first place, she should be punished now.

  If they can let one daughter die unjustly, another daughter will naturally stand up and avenge 'them'.

  The reincarnation of heaven is watched by everyone above.

  Wang Xiaoniu saw in her eyes that Dou Ding's Master Zhou, with his hands behind his back, looked handsome and majestic, standing upright.

  so good......

  She finally knew why she wanted to study.

  The second brother of the Wang family finally couldn't bear the attention of the onlookers, so he helped his grandma and took the almost crazy Queen Mother back.

  Before leaving, he glanced at Wang Xiaoniu, leaving only a sigh.

  Wang Xiaoniu wanted to follow the second brother of the Wang family home, but her steps were very heavy.

  Although she is stupid, she can also feel that she is no longer welcome in her home.

  Father Song picked up Wang Xiaoniu and said, "Little girl, will you go home with your uncle today?"

  He feels sorry for this little girl.

  Wang Xiaoniu grabbed her clothes and nodded.

  Song Douding walked around Father Song, trying his best to make Wang Xiaoniu happy, "Little girl, little girl, I still have some candy, I'll give it to you later."

  "I also have a big kite, let's play together."

  Zhou Ziyan followed behind, feeling unhappy, "...Hey."

  With Song Douding here, he reluctantly felt relieved.

  It's just that the Wang family's attitude chilled him. How could the Wang family treat their own daughter like this? It was really a waste of time for them as a parent.

Chapter 29

  Zhou Ziyan and Song's father are both male elders, so it is not good for him to get too close to Wang Xiaoniu.

  The little girl shed tears as she walked, which was heartbreaking.

  When she returned to Song's house, Wenxiu was waiting at the door.

  When Wenxiu saw Wang Xiaoniu's crying face, she directly picked up Wang Xiaoniu and let Wang Xiaoniu rest in her arms.

  "Sister Wenxiu..." Seeing the familiar eldest sister, Wang Xiaoniu finally relaxed her tight body and clung to Wenxiu.

  Smelling Wenxiu's light fragrance, she couldn't help but sob.

  Wenxiu patted Wang Xiaoniu's back gently and coaxed: "Don't cry, don't cry, go take a hot bath with your sister."

  Although she didn't follow Wang's family, there were many people in the family who loved to join in the fun.

  Seeing Father Song and others coming back, he quickly ran back to tell her what happened.

  So she expected that Wang Xiaoniu, a little girl, might cry, so she simply prepared toiletries so that Wang Xiaoniu could take a hot bath first and feel comfortable when she got home.

  "Go." Father Song sighed and asked Wenxiu to comfort the little girl.

  Wenxiu nodded.

  The three of them sat in the hall together.

  At that time, the autumn wind was starting to pick up, and my body felt chilly.

  "What is this?" Song's father couldn't help it anymore and pounded the table. "Is Wang Daliang crazy? How could he do such a thing?! Wang Daliang has studied and followed his father. !"

  Wang Daliang is Wang's father's real name, and Wang Daben is the eldest brother of the Wang family.

  Father Song had always called Wang Daliang Big Brother, but now he was so angry that calling him by his first name was not enough to calm him down.

  What about suppressing the soul and about leaving no grave after death? Just listening to it gave him chills down his spine.

  It's shocking that the royal family could be so cruel to their eldest daughter!

  Zhou Ziyan shook his head, "I originally thought Aunt Wang was a good person, but I didn't expect..."

  Listening to Wang Xiaoniu's words, he thought that the Queen Mother really missed her daughter.

  Maybe it's sincere.

  But this sincerity is not as important as the future of the eldest son.

  Father Song raised his head and sighed, "I just pity the little girl. How could such a good girl end up with such a family?"

  Dad is not like dad, and brother is not like brother.

  If even his own mother doesn't take him seriously, how will this little girl live her life in the future?

  Father Song suddenly thought of a way, but he had to ask Song Douding for his opinion first, "If it doesn't work, let the girl live in our house first, Douding, what do you say?"

  If it had been before, Song Douding would have been jumping up and down and being naughty.

  But now he just sat in his chair, swinging his legs back and forth without saying a word.

  He didn't even hear Father Song's inquiry.

  "Douding, are you okay?" Zhou Ziyan was worried that Douding would be irritated by this incident, so he touched Douding's face.

  Okay, okay, the temperature is normal.

  Song Douding bit her lower lip, thinking about many things in her mind.

  After a while, he raised his head and said with bright eyes, "Master, let's go to class. I must be on the list for this children's examination."

  As long as he can get good grades, his brother, his father, and the little girl will not be bullied.

  He wants to go all the way to a high official position so that there will never be anyone like Wang Xiaoniu's father in Daqing!

  Zhou Ziyan had guessed that Song Douding would have such thoughts. He had always been eloquent, but now he couldn't say anything meaningful.

  I can only take Xiao Douding and bid farewell to Song's father.

  A few days later, the county government issued a notice regarding this matter.

  He explained the whole story in detail.

  People who saw it were amazed.

  "Is this true? Isn't that the alley next to my house?"

  "Ouch, the Wang family usually seems to be honest, but I didn't expect them to do this."

  "The Zhang family is really not a thing. Fortunately, I bought meat from their house. I will never go there again, never again!"

  "..."

  The chief clerk also led the yamen servants to stand near the bulletin board, "Everyone has read carefully. If you don't understand, just ask more and we will answer them one by one."

  "After you have seen it, you must remember it in your heart! We, Maminggou, have been the place of Qingming since ancient times, and we will never allow such a thing to happen again!"

  "If there are still people who dare to take risks, don't blame the county magistrate for being cruel!"

  The government officials wore silver knives and looked fierce, which severely alerted the people who came.

  Zhou Ziyan held Song Douding in his left hand and Wang Xiaoniu in his right hand.

  I also received a wave of education.

  Zhou Ziyan was not surprised why the magistrate would do this.

  There are still few educated people in Daqing, and there are often cases of selling children and selling daughters, disrespecting parents and not loving brothers and sisters.

  But in terms of ethics and morality, Daqing will never allow these behaviors, so it has issued many laws and regulations.

  Those who want to become parents can break off the relationship or exchange children, but they must obtain the consent of the Yamen clan and cannot do it privately.

  Anyone who violates this will be punished by force.

  However, just like other legal texts, it exists, and it is hard to say whether it will be followed by the people.

  It was also the Zhang family and the Wang family who happened to be in the crosshairs of the gun, and were used by the magistrate to "sacrifice to heaven" as a warning to others.

  Zhou Ziyan looked around at the people gathered around the notice, and judging from everyone's expressions, the effect should be pretty good.

  Although they can't completely get rid of Xiao Jiujiu in their hearts, they can be at ease for a while.

  Next to the notice, there is a small commendation written by the county magistrate himself.

  "The second daughter of the Wang family, the youngest son of the Song family, is brave in heart and dares to act in authority. Among all people, she is like a pearl or a precious jade. I hope all the young children in the world can have their courage and ardor, be good at reading, understand literature and science, and be like the willows in the spring moon. , the morning glow lifts the pavilion."

  Zhou Ziyan read out word for word, "Dou Ding, little girl, the county magistrate is praising you."

  It was only about a hundred words, and Wang Xiaoniu and Song Douding read it back and forth several times, unable to keep their mouths shut.

  "Master, look at me, I've already been recognized by the county magistrate before I even took the exam." Song Douding puffed up his chest, proudly.

  Wang Xiaoniu doesn't know how to read yet, but she is also proud of it.

  Zhou laughed to himself, "You two!"

  A little kid but a big ghost!

  The people involved in the Zhang family were sentenced by the county magistrate for the crime of disregarding human life because of this incident. They need to report it to the government, so they are still in custody.

  But Mrs. Zhang seemed to have shouldered all the crimes and was willing to suffer the punishment for Butcher Zhang.

  So the rest of the Zhang family are arguing with the magistrate.

  Meeting a mother like this who is willing to take the blame for her son, the county magistrate must be very worried.

  As accomplices, Father Wang and Brother Wang committed the crime of selling children privately.

  There is no need to serve a sentence, but one person is required to play twenty boards and then work for one year under the supervision of the county government.

  Because the eldest son of the Wang family was studying and preparing to take the children's examination, the magistrate allowed him to finish the examination before working.

  Wang's father and queen's mother wanted to carry out the execution for Boss Wang, but the magistrate scolded them so much that they could only go home in despair.

  Wang Xiaoniu has been living in the Song family these days, and the remaining members of the Wang family don't care.

  Now all the Wang family members have gone home from the Yamen, and they have never come to pick up Wang Xiaoniu.

  After Song's father found out, he said nothing.

  Wenxiu was left to quietly clean up a house suitable for a little girl to live in permanently.

  When Zhou Ziyan saw this, he felt more and more that "good people can be bullied".

  Although the Wang family had a vague attitude, Song Douding and Wang Xiaoniu became famous in one battle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 403 18
Aphmau and Aaron are in a relationship. Aaron really shows Aphmau what love is.
2.2K 140 9
Это был обычный день для черепах - прошло три года, боль от предательства Евы прошла, раны на сердце затянулись. Они живут своей жизнью: ночью отлавл...
3.4K 55 10
NOT MINE OFFLINE READING Author: The Fox Does Not Return Genre: BL Status: Finished Last update: 2023-06-09 Latest Chapter: Chapter List Chapter 92...
30.2K 730 17
After Erza left magnolia for 5 years she has finally come back to the fairy academy! Gray seems overjoyed and he tries to be with Erza later on. But...