The Imperial Examination Dail...

By Demens88

Summary too long, read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING http://www.fuxsb.com/chua... More

Summary + Chapter 1-5
Chapter 6-10
Chapter 11-15
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-25
Chapter 26-30
Chapter 36-40
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 56-60
Chapter 61-65
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 81-85
Chapter 86-90
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
Chapter 161-165
Chapter 166-170
Chapter 171-175
Chapter 176-180
Chapter 181-185
Chapter186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Chapter 201-205
Chapter 206-210
Chapter 211-215
Chapter 216-220
Chapter 221-225
Chapter 226-230
Chapter 231-235
Chapter 236-240
Chapter 241-245
Chapter 246-250
Chapter 251-255
Chapter 256-260
Chapter 261-265
Chapter 266-270
Chapter 271-275
Chapter 275-280
Chapter 281-285
Chapter 286-290
Chapter 291-295
Chapter 296-303

Chapter 31-35

83 1 0
By Demens88

 The prefect, magistrate, county magistrate, and chief registrar all stood behind the screen.

  "It's ridiculous, it's really ridiculous!" The county magistrate, who is so young, is trying this kind of case for two children for the first time. "If word of this gets out, where can I put my old face!"

  The county magistrate held up his hand and said, "Sir, I heard that there is a child inside who can recite Daqing laws. You might as well go and take a look first. If it is really the child who said it randomly, then just ask their adults to come."

  "Yes, sir, if it is true, then our small town is going to have a genius." The chief clerk nodded frequently while stroking his beard.

  When the county magistrate heard this, he thought so.

  The worst case scenario is to call their parents over and give them a scolding.

  "Who are you?" The magistrate sat down in his seat, held up his hat, and looked solemn and solemn.

  As an adult, Butcher Zhang could barely withstand the intimidation of his parents and officials.

  But these two children have never seen such a ferocious adult.

  Wang Xiaoniu had tears in her eyes and sobbed softly.

  The magistrate looked helplessly behind the screen, "..."

  He just said, how are these two children going to be interrogated?

  If word of this case spreads, his old face will really have no place to rest!

  The two detectives who brought them back had already written down the cause and effect and handed it to the county magistrate from the county magistrate.

  After reading it, the magistrate asked the records one by one.

  "Song... Douding, have you ever shouted loudly in public to gather people?"

  Song Douding followed the etiquette taught to him by Zhou Ziyan and handed over his hand, "Sir, yes."

  The magistrate nodded. This was the child who recited the laws loudly.

  Being polite and sensible is really good.

  "Little girl from the Wang family, do you think the Zhang family deliberately tried to tease your sister to the point of her premature death?"

  Wang Xiaoniu didn't know much about etiquette, but she imitated Song Douding's posture, "Sir, yes!"

  The magistrate asked several questions in succession, all of which went smoothly.

  Just as the county magistrate was asking Butcher Zhang, the arrester came into the hall and asked if the adults from the two children's families had arrived.

  The magistrate waved his hand, "Please come in."

  With permission, Zhou Ziyan, Song Weifeng, and the other three children finally entered the yamen.

  It was the first time for Song Weifeng and the three children to enter such a place, and they were all a little nervous.

  Zhou Ziyan, however, walked in with square steps as if he were coming home, found exactly where they should stand, and then saluted the magistrate.

  The magistrate is already over fifty years old. Looking after three children is almost like looking after his own grandchildren, so he dispenses with the etiquette of three children.

  Except for meeting the emperor, Zhou Ziyan has not knelt down for nearly ten years.

  But one by one, they all have no fame and must kneel down and salute.

  "Sir, Song Weifeng, a grassroots man, is Song Douding's brother."

  "Cao Min Zhou said to himself that he is Song Douding's wife."

  The county magistrate said 'Oh', looked at Zhou and said to himself, "Are you Song Douding's wife? Were you the ones who taught Song Douding the laws he memorized today?"

  "The county magistrate is ridiculous." Zhou Ziyan looked at Song Douding reassuringly from a few meters away, "Douding is talented, diligent, and ambitious, so the common people taught him some laws in advance."

  "Not bad, not bad." The magistrate stroked his beard with a satisfied look on his face, "Little Douding is indeed smart, but he is also bold!"

  The magistrate's face changed instantly and he was shocked at Song Douding, "Do you know what you did today was wrong? Song Douding, only seven years old, dared to bring four other children to openly gather people to force others. Do you know that your behavior today will be a mistake?" What kind of trouble does it bring to the adults in your family?!"

  The magistrate admired Xiao Douding's intelligence very much, but he should not lose the intimidation he should have.

  Song Douding was so disobedient to discipline when he was only seven years old. What if he grew up?

  "Douding realizes his mistake!" Song Douding knelt down on the cold ground and put his head on his hands, "Please tell me, this little girl really misses her sister so much, that's why we took this step! Although we are young, we also know how to help brothers. , the truth that sisters cherish deeply!"

  Although Wang Xiaoniu didn't understand those big principles, she still remembered what Song Douding said to her, and she immediately cried, "Please tell me something! Little girl, little girl really misses my sister so much, oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  The combined ages of Song Douding and Wang Xiaoniu are not even old enough for hair to be tied.

  Now the two children were crying in the Yamen Yintang, and the county magistrate and the chief registrar behind the screen also had headaches.

  They have been serving as officials for many years, but they have never seen a case in which two children were the perpetrators!

  Zhou Ziyan took a step forward and said, "Sir, this matter is indeed Song Douding's fault. It's just that Douding is not yet the age of his grandfather (the child is ten years old). Children are still young and understand the principle of family affection. However, this butcher is so stubborn They have been controlling the affairs of this Wang family daughter for a long time and have not let the Wang family go to worship even once. My lord, the two elders of the Wang family still can't eat or sleep, lord! The Song family will punish Douding's mistakes, but Zhang Butcher behaves like this , I can only rely on your Majesty's discernment! I beg you, Sir, to give the Wang family justice!"

  If the children at home make mistakes again, they can just educate them behind closed doors, and they have to save some face outside.

  Song Douding's mistake, he believed that Father Song's fire stick would not be let go.

  In this case, it is better to settle the matter between Butcher Zhang and Wang's daughter in this county government office.

Chapter 24

  The magistrate touched his beard and nodded, "Master Zhou is right. Since you have already confronted each other in this courtroom, you might as well take advantage of this to argue clearly."

  The county magistrate came out from behind the screen, bent down and held his hands in his hands, "Sir, we have sent someone to invite the Zhang family and the Wang family."

  The magistrate said: "Then just wait a moment."

  While waiting, the government officials withdrew.

  Song Douding and Wang Xiaoniu immediately got up from where they were kneeling and went to find their master.

  Song Weifeng hugged Song Douding and looked at the child carefully from top to bottom to make sure that the child was okay.

  He picked up Song Douding by his collar and said angrily, "Song Douding, what did dad tell you that day? Have you forgotten everything?!"

  "I didn't forget!" Song Douding frowned, wondering whether he had forgotten or not, but he didn't listen, "I did it to help others this time! Wang Xiaoniu, are you very grateful to me?"

  Wang Xiaoniu nodded heavily, "Douding really wanted to help me this time. Brother Song, please don't beat him."

  The other three children gathered around Song Weifeng, each calling him "brother" and pleading for Song Douding in a soft voice.

  Song Weifeng: "..."

  So angry!

  But he can't be angry with the children!

  Zhou Ziyan walked over with a sullen face, freed Song Douding from Song Weifeng's hands, "Kneel down."

  Song Douding was stunned.

  "I said kneel down, Song Douding." Zhou Ziyuan changed his pleasant expression this time.

  With a "pop", Song Douding knelt down without hesitation.

  Zhou Ziyan stood in front of Song Douding with a deep look in his eyes, "Song Douding, a gentleman has things to do and things not to do. If you want to help Wang Xiaoniu, you can tell your brother, tell me. You shouldn't act privately."

  "I teach you reading, literacy, and laws and punishments. I don't want you to act recklessly and become a hero! Do you know that if two policemen didn't happen to pass by today, that butcher Zhang wouldn't be too lazy to treat you two? Children, do you really think you are still alive to see us here? If something happens to you guys, how do you want Uncle Song and Wei Feng to face their parents in the future? Do you watch Uncle Song and Wei Feng crying day and night? , regret and pain, are you, Song Douding, happy?"

  "Master...I..." Song Douding knelt on the cold floor, stunned.

  I just confronted Butcher Zhang, but he didn't panic.

  He didn't panic even when he was fighting with the magistrate.

  But now seeing the angry Zhou Ziyan, he panicked.

  Wang Xiaoniu opened her arms and stood in front of Song Douding, "Stop scolding Douding. He was just trying to help me. It's all my fault!"

  As he said that, Wang Xiaoniu also knelt down with a plop.

  Wang Xiaoniu knelt down, and Pang Pangshan, Ergun, and Jiang Qingqing also knelt down without saying a word.

  The five children all knelt in the Yintang, and the three magistrates who were drinking tea and waiting next to them were all shocked.

  "These children...are not like other children." The county magistrate nodded frequently.

  The magistrate and the chief clerk looked at each other and said, "It is indeed extraordinary to love friends, understand shame and etiquette."

  Song Weifeng quickly went to help the children, "What are you doing!"

  Zhou Ziyan put his hands behind his back and said nothing.

  Wang Xiaoniu wiped her tears and said, "Master, brother Song, I know you are all good people, and Uncle Song is also a good person, but, but, good people can't help me. My father and brother don't care about my sister at all. My mother is at home just because I cried a few times when I missed my sister, so I called my dad and scolded me. My brother even didn't allow me to mention my sister's name again."

  "Before, before, Uncle Song offered to help us ask Butcher Zhang, but my father refused. Uncle Song could only shake his head and leave."

 "Master Zhou, brother of the Song family, they don't pay much attention to my sister, but I miss her! Only my sister can coax me to sleep and buy me a red headband. I don't want my sister to be buried in Butcher Zhang's house like this. He doesn't deserve it!"

  "That's right, he doesn't deserve it!"

  "Such a good sister from the Wang family, why can't she even come back home? Why!"

  "Master, brother Song, we are not convinced!"

  "Yes, we are not convinced!"

  Pang Pang Shan, Er Gu, and Jiang Qingqing straightened their backs together, looking stubborn.

  Pang Pangshan said: "Although we are just children, we also know right and wrong. This matter is that Wang Xiaoniu's family doesn't do things. If they don't do it, we will do it! Wang Xiaoniu is our friend. As long as she needs it, we will do it." You must help her!"

  Song Weifeng suddenly felt embarrassed.

  Now it's not about beating, nor is it about scolding.

  This group of children usually do everything together. They have deep feelings and are extremely loyal.

  They were the ones who drove away those who gossiped about him. How could he scold them now for these things?

  Zhou Ziyan remained unmoved, his eyes always fixed on Song Douding, "Song Douding, open your eyes and see, among your friends, which one is unloyal and which one is ignorant? If it is because of your recklessness and your flamboyance, Something happened to them, Song Douding, will you regret it?!"

  "Master...I, I..." Song Douding's throat seemed to be blocked and he couldn't say a word.

  Zhou Ziyan said again: "If you really want to help Wang Xiaoniu, have you thought clearly about the consequences? Have you thought of every detail? Or have you consciously read two books, which are the top books in the world?" Smart people, no one is as good as you? During class, I repeatedly emphasized that a gentleman should act after making a decision. Song Douding, how many words did you listen to? "

  Song Douding looked at the friends kneeling next to him, then looked at the panic and stubbornness on their faces, and suddenly understood.

  Master is right, he is too reckless.

  It has caused my friends to kneel here, and it has also caused the Wang family to sue in court later.

  After this matter is over, Wang Xiaoniu still doesn't know how she will be scolded by the Wang family...

  It's all because of him!

  Song Douding leaned down and said, "Master, I was wrong."

  Zhou Ziyan asked: "Where is the mistake?"

  "The fault lies in arrogance, the fault lies in recklessness, the fault lies in not knowing one's own abilities and not knowing that there is a better world." Song Douding's body got lower with every word he said.

  Wang Xiaoniu sobbed twice, "Master Zhou, little girl, little girl is wrong too...little girl shouldn't act privately."

  It's all her fault, it's all her!

  If it hadn't been for her, Douding wouldn't have been scolded!

  "It's not your fault that you haven't studied yet." Zhou Ziyan calculated every account clearly, "You stand up for friends, value friendship and righteousness, and are all good children, including Douding. It's just Douding who follows me. By studying, I have begun to understand things and human ethics, and I shouldn't make such mistakes."

  "Mr. Zhou, don't you think we are too naughty?" Wang Xiaoniu looked up at Zhou Ziyan, "Mother always said that I am too naughty. I am not like girls from other families. They are quiet and listen to the family members. Mother. He also said that I would definitely not be able to get married in the future."

  "Little girl, let's not compare ourselves with others. A quiet little girl is good, and someone like you is also good." Zhou Ziyan told Wang Xiaoniu, "You are smart and clever, you can be positive when encountering setbacks, and you have a cheerful personality." It's good to take the bull by the horns."

  Although Wang Xiaoniu can't read yet, she likes the eight words Zhou Ziyan said very much, "Okay, okay! I want to be like this! I want to be like this, I don't want to listen to my parents in everything, I want to be smart and alert , Thousands of talents!"

  Zhou said to himself: "But you should also remember that being smart is not reckless, do you understand?"

  Wang Xiaoniu knelt on the ground obediently, "I know, little girl."

  "You too." Zhou Ziyan looked at the other children.

  Pang Pangshan, Jiang Qingqing and Ergun also nodded, "I understand."

  "Get up quickly." Song Weifeng took a child with one hand and pulled them all up.

  Song Douding was dejected because of the scolding, and he leaned against Song Weifeng without uttering a word.

  Zhou Ziyan saw Song Douding's little appearance and said, "Douding, come out."

  Song Douding walked over slowly, "Master..."

  "Although you acted recklessly, Master just said that it's good to stand up for your friends and value love and righteousness." Zhou Ziyan touched Song Douding's head, "You can't destroy your sincerity. How can you be like this at the tender age of seven?" The master is very happy."

  Song Douding didn't expect that he would be praised, so he blinked, "Really?"

  "Really." Zhou Ziyan said with a smile, "You and Xiaoniu may have to go to court again later. This time you will have to confront the Zhang family. Are you afraid?"

  "I'm not afraid!" Song Douding was praised by his master and now he is full of fighting spirit!

  Wang Xiaoniu raised her hand, "I'm not afraid either!"

  Song Weifeng frowned, "But the Wang family..."

  The Wang family may not necessarily agree to the county magistrate's interrogation of the Wang family's daughter.

  Zhou Ziyan was well aware of Daqing's laws and regulations, and comforted Song Weifeng, "Don't worry, if there is really something fishy about the Zhang family, this is not something the Wang family is willing to do."

  There were so many people present as witnesses.

  If the Zhang family really did something to the Wang family's daughter, no matter what the Wang family means, the county magistrate will have to find out.

  Two quarters of an hour later, the Wang family and the Zhang family arrived.

  But behind the Wang family was a Song father.

  It turned out that when the police officer passed by Father Song's shop, he thought of Song Douding in Yintang and invited Father Song over.

  As soon as Song Douding saw Father Song, before Father Song could say anything, he had already followed his instinct and knelt down to Father Song.

  The sliding and kneeling movements are so smooth that one can tell that they have been done thousands of times.

  Father Song: "..."

  Song Weifeng: "..."

  Zhou said to himself: "..."

Chapter 25

  Song Weifeng coughed lightly, "Dad, I'm at the Yamen now. If anything happens, let's talk about it when we get back."

  "Okay." Father Song twisted Song Douding's ears to lift him up, "You wait for me."

  Song Douding covered his ears with a painful expression.

  As for the Wang family, it was the Wang father and the eldest brother of the Wang family.

  Wang Xiaoniu hid as soon as she saw them, feeling uneasy.

  The eldest brother of the Wang family pulled out Wang Xiaoniu and said, "Wang Xiaoniu, what on earth are you going to do!"

  The royal father sighed, "It's really troublesome."

  "I just wanted to avenge my sister. Where did I go wrong!" Although Wang Xiaoniu already knew that she acted recklessly, she did not feel that her original intention was wrong.

  Moreover, Master Zhou also said that she values ​​love and justice, which is a good thing!

  "Your sister is already married! She's gone, that's her bad luck!" Wang Fu said bitterly, "What do you, a girl who hasn't even got hairpins, know? What do you know!"

  Wang Xiaoniu was so angry that she yelled and said indiscriminately, "I don't understand anything. I only know that you don't care about my sister at all, and you won't care about me in the future!"

  "Shut up! Little girl Wang, what are you talking about!" The eldest brother of the Wang family was furious.

  "Snapped!"

  Wang Xiaoniu covered her right face with tears in her eyes.

  The eldest brother of the Wang family actually slapped Xiaoniu Wang!

  "Stop!" Zhou Ziyan frowned and stood in front of Wang Xiaoniu, blocking the eldest brother of the Wang family for her.

  The friends hurriedly looked at Wang Xiaoniu's face, fearing that Wang Xiaoniu would cry.

  "You are the wife of the Song family." The eldest brother of the Wang family was obviously angry, "If you hadn't taught Song Douding some messy things, my little girl wouldn't have been led away by Song Douding! You, the wife, I heard that you have no fame, I really don't know where to start from. Where did it come from!"

  When the eldest brother of the Wang family slandered Zhou Ziyan, Song Weifeng was the first to refuse, "Brother of the Wang family, what did you say?!"

  Song Douding also appeared, "Why are you talking about my master? Are you as knowledgeable as him?!"

  The scene was very chaotic and headache-inducing.

  The magistrate came out of the back hall holding a tea cup, "What are you arguing about? Is this a place for you to quarrel?"

  He looked at the eldest brother of the Wang family and took a picture of the shock, "Wang family, do you know that even as a parent, you cannot embarrass your children in public? Wang family son, do you still dare to bully your own sister in public?"

  The eldest brother of the Wang family knelt down quickly, "Sir, I... the common people are just so angry that they don't dare to do it anymore. They don't dare to do it anymore."

  Wang Xiaoniu cried and hid behind Song Weifeng.

  The county magistrate nodded and said, "Song Douding, Wang Xiaoniu, and Zhang Butcher, please come out again. Since this matter has already reached this county, let's take this opportunity to put an end to it and save you two from having any nonsense in the future." ."

  On the other side, Butcher Zhang and the Zhang family also gathered.

 Two brothers came to the Zhang family, as well as Zhang Butcher's mother.

  Madam Zhang hugged Butcher Zhang and cried as soon as she arrived. Her legs and feet were not inconvenient.

  The county magistrate witnessed all this and had a vague idea in his mind, "Song Douding, Wang Xiaoniu, where are the adults in your family?"

  Naturally, the Wang family's father stepped forward.

  The Song family looked at each other, and finally Zhou Ziyan came to the court.

  People have gathered.

  The county magistrate was the first to ask, "Butcher Zhang, why do you torture the Wang family's daughter and not allow the Wang family to worship the Wang family's daughter?"

  Zhang Lao Niangdi straightened her chest, pulled her son and said loudly: "Sir, our Zhang family married a daughter from the Wang family, and the Wang family daughter is a member of our Zhang family, and she will be buried in the ancestral grave of our Zhang family after her death. Why?" Do you want the Wang family to go to worship?"

  "Although someone who marries into your Wang family will become a member of your Wang family, there is no reason why your mother's family should not be allowed to worship." The magistrate shook his head, "As far as I know, your two families have no grievances, so why did you get into such trouble? Wang family, do you have anything to say?"

  "Sir, our family has nothing to say. My daughter didn't enjoy the blessings when she got married. That's because my daughter is not blessed. We have nothing to say." The king's father knelt on the ground, "This matter is that my second daughter misses her sister too much. Yes, we can educate ourselves when we go home later. Sir, our Wang family really has nothing to say about this matter."

  The magistrate glanced at Wang's father and said to Wang Xiaoniu, "Wang Xiaoniu, do you have anything to say?"

  The magistrate thought he was crazy, he actually wanted to hear what a six-year-old child would say!

  But it was Wang Xiaoniu who started making trouble. He really wanted to hear what this little girl would say!

  "Sir! I, Wang Xiaoniu, don't accept it!" Wang Xiaoniu was too young and was exempted from kneeling by the county magistrate. Now she stands in front of the royal father and the eldest brother of the Wang family, with her back straight.

  Wang Xiaoniu opened her eyes wide and said loudly, "Master County Magistrate, this little girl has never read a book and doesn't understand any big principles. The little girl only knows that her sister married to make the family happy, not to be sent to the Zhang family to learn from the Zhang family. . If a girl from every family cuts off contact with her natal family after getting married, and her natal family cannot even touch her grave when she dies, what is the difference between that and going to hell!"

  "Shut up, don't talk nonsense." The magistrate interrupted Wang Xiaoniu, "Marriage matching is for the gift of marriage, the harmony of yin and yang, what is going to hell, don't talk nonsense."

  The little girl is still young, so it's okay to talk about this in private, how can she put it in court.

  Zhou Ziyan was also kneeling on the ground at this moment, but although he was kneeling, he never lowered his head.

  Keep your head high and your chest high, not afraid of the power of the magistrate.

  "Sir." Zhou Ziyan drew the magistrate's attention back, "The Wang family daughter married Zhang Butcher for a good marriage, but the Wang family daughter is also a child of the Wang family, and should be filial to her parents and raise her younger sister. Now Wang Xiaoniu and her mother are because of I miss the Wang family daughter and cry day and night, my heart is broken, but the Zhang family treats it as if it is nothing and still does not allow the Wang family to worship. If this matter spreads, it may hurt the hearts of all those who are not engaged, and it will also hurt us, Ma Minggou. It will have an impact."

  "Yes, although this matter is only a private matter between the two families, they were born in Maminggou and are Maminggou people. They should consider the reputation of Maminggou. If it is because of the affairs of the two families, It affects the entire Maminggou, which is not beautiful."

  "Furthermore, if we use private matters as an excuse to avoid government interference in the future, how can there be any clarity in the world? I hope you will see clearly!"

  The magistrate stroked his beard and nodded following Zhou Ziyan's words.

  What Master Zhou said is very reasonable. There is no big quarrel between the Zhang and Wang families now, it is just a matter between the two families.

  But in Maminggou, if something new is added to the east, the south will know about it the next day.

  If this matter spreads and spreads directly to other places, it will definitely affect Maminggou's reputation, and it will also affect his reputation as the prefect and county magistrate.

  Inappropriate, indeed inappropriate.

  The county magistrate made a decision in his heart and said, "Ms. Zhang, although the Wang family's daughter married into your family, she has never left the Wang family. No matter what, she has to let the Wang family worship her. This county orders you to give up as soon as possible. The idea is to let the Wang family go to worship. Besides, it's just a worship. Once the Wang family's daughter dies, the Wang family has no other in-law relationship with you, why do you want to stop her like this? Could it be that... there are some secrets in the family? "

  The magistrate stared at Mrs. Zhang and gave her a slap in the face, "Ms. Zhang, your wife fell down because she was hit by the Wang family's daughter and couldn't get out of bed. But when your wife went to court today, her legs and feet were very nimble."

  Mrs. Zhang was trembling with fright and her words were unclear, "Sir... back to your lord... Cao Min, Cao Min was worried about his son, and now... now my legs are starting to hurt. My legs are starting to hurt."

  The county magistrate was unmoved, "What is going on? The county will send people to investigate again. If there is really something hidden, you can take care of it yourself!"

  "As for the boy from the Song family and the girl from the Wang family, you two little kids are as lofty as the sky and bold as they are, but you are also very affectionate and friendly, which shocked this county. The journey is long and we have few close friends. I hope you two little kids will grow up too." Don't forget this day." The magistrate smiled and praised the two children.

  If there were two adults causing trouble today, the magistrate would definitely give them a slap in the face first and teach them what etiquette, justice and shame are.

  But Song Douding and Wang Xiaoniu are just two children.

  As the magistrate said, the journey is long and there are few close friends. Instead of punishing them, the magistrate appreciates their ambition to stand up for their friends at such a young age.

  The matter between the Wang family and the Zhang family was just a feud between the two families. The magistrate issued an order to die, and the Zhang family did not dare to disobey.

  After coming out of Yintang, two government officials followed, asking the Zhang family to take the Wang family to see the tomb of the Wang family's daughter.

  When Mrs. Zhang heard this, she immediately shouted loudly, "Why, why? That is the ancestral tomb of our Zhang family. Why should outsiders go there?"

  "Don't yell! Go quickly, don't delay our errands, we have to report to the county magistrate in the evening!" The two yamen servants were dark and fierce. The silver knives on their waists flashed, scaring Mrs. Zhang so much that she no longer dared to yell.

  Although Mrs. Zhang didn't yell at the yamen servants, she began to scold Xiaoniu Wang, "The Wang family is such a good tutor. They taught a little killer who followed other boys everywhere and caused trouble! Little turtle, little bastard, I don't know who instigated them, She started meddling in other people's affairs at such a young age, so she's not ashamed!"

  Butcher Zhang supported his mother with a gloomy expression.

  Just now in Yintang, Butcher Zhang didn't say a word, and he didn't know what he was thinking.

Chapter 26

  The Wang family glanced at Wang Xiaoniu but did not help her.

  Perhaps he was also resenting Wang Xiaoniu's unnecessary actions.

  Wang Xiaoniu followed behind, feeling more and more aggrieved as she listened, but remained silent.

  I just put my fingernails on my palms and it hurts.

  Wang Xiaoniu could bear it, but Song Douding couldn't. He opened his mouth and wanted to curse back.

  Unexpectedly, Father Song took the lead.

  Song's father directly pointed at Mrs. Zhang and scolded her, "What kind of insane old bastard is talking nonsense at the door of the court! Don't let it be that the blood in the house is too bloody and the ghost is possessed! Otherwise, how could you say such dirty things?" Yan, falsely accusing someone else's good boy for nothing?"

  "A person who is half-legged in a coffin is jealous of the fact that the baby is still young and has a bright future, isn't it?"

  "Wait a minute, you old bastard. My little baby will be rich and delicious in the future. This old bastard can only sit in the soil and be eaten by snakes, insects, rats, and ants!"

  "You...you, you, you!" Mrs. Zhang was furious, but she couldn't think of anything to say back, so she beat herself in anger.

  Song's father took Song Douding's hand, and Song Douding held Wang Xiaoniu's hand, "I now understand the importance of family tradition and family integrity. An old bastard who is not upright can only teach a bastard who can't even say a word." goods!"

  Butcher Zhang finally moved and clenched his fists, "What did you say, old bastard?!"

  Pretending to slap Father Song in the face.

  Song Weifeng immediately knocked off Butcher Zhang's hand with his hand, and stood in front of Song's father and said coldly, "If you dare to touch my father, I will chop you up today."

  Although he is the younger brother, he is very imposing in front of Song's father.

  The two government officials couldn't stand it any longer, so they stood up, one on each side, and separated the people.

  "It's so unbecoming to make noise at the entrance of the court! Don't bother the Zhang family, take us to the ancestral gravesite quickly!"

  "You, the Song family, should leave quickly and stop interfering!"

  The Zhang family left angrily.

  The Wang family followed closely, but did not take Xiaoniu Wang with them.

  Wang Xiaoniu held Song Douding's hand tightly, feeling terrified in her heart, "Douding... why don't dad and brother ask me to follow them? Do they not want me anymore..."

  "The graveyard is too dark. It's not good for your health to go there as a little girl." Zhou Ziyan picked up Wang Xiaoniu and bumped her twice. "How about going home with Uncle Song today? Uncle Song, what do you think?"

  Father Song nodded directly, "Okay, okay, little girl, you and Douding will go back to our house today."

  Jiang Qingqing, Pang Pangshan and Ergun were also eager to go to the Song family.

  Father Song touched their heads and agreed one by one.

  Several children have a good relationship with Song Douding, so everyone in the Song family knows them.

 As soon as the little ones arrived, Wenxiu asked the maid to get their favorite snacks.

  Zhou Ziyan bought three kilograms of pork belly on the road and planned to make a meal of charcoal-grilled pork belly to comfort the two children.

  Song Douding was surprised, "Master, you can also cook!"

  Zhou Ziyan carried the meat into the kitchen and said, "Yes, why not? My master's skills are quite good."

  I remember that when he was still in modern times, he relied on his good cooking skills to maintain his physical and mental health.

  When he traveled to Daqing Dynasty and became a lonely man, he even had to make a fire to cook by himself.

  How could you not cook?

  The kitchen lady saw Zhou Ziyan carrying the meat into the house, and quickly took the meat from Zhou Ziyan's hand, "Oh, Master Zhou, just let our servants do such small things. Scholars should not set foot in such a place with oily smoke."

  "Auntie, I have to use your big pot today." Zhou Ziyan rolled up his sleeves and tied his arms, looking like he was about to cook.

  The aunt couldn't help Zhou Ziyan, so she could only leave the sweat towel on her hand to Master Zhou.

  Zhou Ziyan cut the pork belly into thin slices and put them on a plate for later use.

  Then while the wood is making a fire, make a sauce.

  The development of food in Daqing is a bit like the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Not only hot pot and barbecue, but also a variety of vegetable sauces and meat sauces.

  Although the taste is not as rich as modern ones, being in an ancient dynasty and having a bite of ancient specialties has a unique flavor.

  Spread the prepared sauce evenly on the meat slices, and then stick it to the bottom of the hot pot, turning it occasionally to avoid burning.

  If you want to maximize the flavor of your barbecue, you should use high-quality wood.

  But now we are no longer in the luxurious Gyeongjing Province. Ordinary wood can also spread the aroma of meat from the kitchen to the outside.

  Zhou Ziyan opened the kitchen door, and a group of people was waiting at the door.

  They are all people newly attracted by the fragrance.

  "Come on, come on, one plate per person, come and help me."

  After hearing the news, everyone came in.

  In the kitchen, Zhou Ziyan had already prepared the charcoal pot and bowls and chopsticks.

  The little maid came in with two dishes each, and in just a few trips, she moved everything to the side hall.

  Song Weifeng also brought two plates, but Song Douding was eating quietly.

  With quick eyes and quick hands, Wang Xiaoniu slapped Song Douding's rebellious hand down.

  Song Douding grimaced in pain and did not dare to mess around anymore.

  Zhou Ziyan wiped his hands and said to Wenxiu: "There is another portion in the kitchen, which is reserved for you. Eat them all while they are hot."

  Wenxiu didn't expect that Zhou Ziyan was still thinking about servants like them, so he quickly bowed and said, "Thank you, Master."

  Zhou Ziyan not only cooked the barbecue, but also cooked many dishes while waiting for the barbecue.

  Although he was sweating from the work, he was satisfied when he saw a table full of memorable dishes.

  Father Song's favorite was the plate of barbecue, a pot of wine, and a plate of barbecue. He was already drunk before he even started eating.

  Song Douding held her own small bowl and ate the meat, her mouth slowly filled with the aroma of oil, "Master, Master, your cooking skills are so good!"

  Wang Xiaoniu kept nodding beside her.

  Although her family also owns a restaurant, she has never seen any of these dishes. Master Zhou is really amazing!

  "I learned these when I traveled." Zhou Ziyan poured a cup of wine and took it in his hand, explaining to the two children, "This white lotus root pancake is a local dish in Qinglin City, and this sweet and sour fish is There is also a dish in Huzhou, this one is called meat jelly... As for this barbecue... it is a famous dish in Qingjing Province."

  The charcoal grilled pork belly was modified by him and a friend based on modern barbecue.

  At that time, he had just arrived in Qingjing Province and missed modern food very much.

  Finally, he found a restaurant that opened a hotpot restaurant in Qingjing Province, where he accidentally met the owner and became mutual friends.

  The two greedy people squatted in the back kitchen for seven days, and finally used Daqing ingredients to recreate modern-style hot pot and barbecue.

  His friend was extremely money-obsessed, and his lifelong dream was to open restaurants throughout Daqing.

  If his friends knew that he had brought this secret recipe to the south, they might immediately open a shop in Maminggou.

  Song Weifeng heard about the origin of each dish and was filled with emotion, "They say that reading thousands of books is not as good as traveling thousands of miles. No matter how many books you read, it is better to see these scenery and delicacies with your own eyes."

  "That's true." Zhou said to himself that he was already tipsy before he had even taken two bites of the dish. "Mr. Lu is right, 'What you see on paper will only make you realize it, but you will definitely know how to do it'."

  "I know, I know, this is what Mr. Lu You said." Song Douding held up his chopsticks and answered, "The knowledge in books is always limited. Only by walking outside in person can you deeply understand the thousands of truths in this world. "

  "Not bad!" Zhou Ziyan smiled and gave Song Douding a piece of barbecue, "Reward us Douding with a piece of meat!"

  "Hehe." Song Douding couldn't stop laughing while holding his small bowl. It felt so good to be praised by his master!

  Wang Xiaoniu had never read or read, and she didn't know what Song Douding and Master Zhou were talking about. She just picked up her own bowl and chopsticks and listened quietly.

  She could tell by feeling that these two people were talking about knowledge.

  Although her family has a restaurant, she only sends her eldest brother to study. Neither her second brother nor she can read.

  She really wanted to understand what Song Douding and Master Zhou said.

  Reading is so good.

  She also really wanted to read, and she also wanted to be like Song Douding, who could speak the words in the books casually.

  Jiang Qingqing, Pang Pangshan and Ergun also slowed down their eating speed and quietly listened to the conversation between Master Zhou and Song Douding.

  Song Weifeng noticed the envy in the eyes of these children and sighed in his heart.

  After a hearty meal, everyone continued to make noise late into the night.

  The five tired children were taken away to sleep by the maids, and Zhou Ziyan and Song Weifeng were finally able to have a good rest.

  As soon as Zhou Ziyan had changed into his pajamas, there was a knock on the door of the wing room with a sound of 'beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep.'

  Listening to the sound, he could already imagine Song Douding clenching his fists and slamming the door quickly.

  "...This damn kid." Zhou Ziyuan put away the scroll, put on his robe and opened the door.

  Sure enough, Song Douding was waiting at the door holding a money bag.

  As soon as the door opened, Song Douding put on a smile that could be called 'flattery' and said, "Master, you're not asleep yet."

  "...Aren't you the one who knocked on the door?" Zhou Ziyan put Song Douding into the bedroom, feeling a bit like "Huai Min has not gone to bed yet."

  As soon as Song Douding entered the door, he opened the money bag in his hand and poured out a pile of broken silver on the table. "Master, this is all my property."

  Zhou Ziyan sat down to drink tea, "What does this mean?"

  "I know this may be a bit presumptuous, but Master, can you teach me Dashan, Qingqing and Ergun together?" Song Douding knelt on the ground to show his sincerity, "They all admire Master very much and want to be with you Master, let's learn knowledge together. Master, if this money is not enough, if you wait a little longer, I can still get some out of my father's hand."

  Zhou Ziyan couldn't laugh or cry, but he didn't let Song Douding get up, "You took Uncle Song's money to help your friend pay Shu Xiu?"

Chapter 27

  Song Douding moved his knees and whispered: "There is no way, Master, you have also seen the situation at Xiaoniu's family...Her sister has not even read a book, how can she give money to Xiaoniu. The situation of Jiang Qingqing's family and Xiaoniu's family are similar, Dashan is so good At first, his family sent him to private school, but Dashan was always criticized for being stupid. As time went by, Dashan himself became unwilling to learn. Master, this was the first time that he took the initiative to tell me that he wanted to study. As for the second Stick...he only has one pair of grandparents in his family."

  "Is Ergun the real name of Ergun?" Zhou Ziyan asked.

  Song Douding shook his head, "No, Ergun is just a nickname. His parents passed away early and they didn't have time to give him a proper name. His grandparents didn't pay much attention to it, so we just kept calling him Ergun."

  Zhou Ziyan felt relieved.

  It turns out that they are all a group of children who have their own difficulties.

  It is commendable that from completely different family situations, a group of children who have the same aspirations and value love and justice have been raised.

  "Douding, why are you willing to help your friends?" Zhou Ziyan sat upright and asked Douding seriously.

  Song Douding also straightened up his posture and answered seriously: "Master once said that if you are successful, you can help the world. Although I can't help the world now, I can help my friends. The most important thing in the friendship between gentlemen is knowing each other. Since they are my Of course, I want to make friends with my friends heart to heart. Now that I can study and learn, how can I forget them?"

  "Besides, I know their characters very well. I believe they will study hard and learn well, and they will never let down Master's expectations."

  "Not bad, not bad." Zhou Ziyan was very satisfied with Song Douding's words, which proved that Douding had begun to incorporate the words and deeds of his ancestors into his words and deeds.

  "If they really want to study with me, why don't they dare to come to see me in person? Instead, they want you to be the lobbyist?"

 These children are staying at the Song family tonight, and they can come over to study on their own.

  You can ask him to take on a disciple.

  But he has no standards for accepting disciples.

  "Master, they are here." Song Douding blinked, "They are all squatting at the door. Send me to ask first to avoid embarrassment."

  With that said, he turned around and walked towards the door.

  Within a few minutes, he stood in front of Zhou Ziyan again with a group of little carrot heads.

  Zhou Ziyan sat on the carved wooden chair, folded his sleeves with his hands, and looked at each other.

  The five children are lined up according to their height. The shortest Wang Xiaoniu is on the left, followed by Jiang Qingqing, and Pang Pangshan is on the far right.

  In the middle are Song Douding and Ergun.

  The five children were wearing simple short clothes, with their hands behind their backs and their heads lowered, as if they did not dare to look up to see anyone.

  "Everyone raise their heads," Zhou said to himself.

  The five children all raised their heads and looked at Zhou Ziyan, staring intently.

  Zhou Ziyan pointed out Wang Xiaoniu on the far left, "Wang Xiaoniu, let me ask you, why do you want to study?"

  Wang Xiaoniu couldn't help biting her fingers, she was nervous and scared, "Back to... back to Master, Xiaoniu thinks Douding is very powerful and wants to be like Douding."

  Zhou Ziyan nodded.

  "Jiang Qingqing, where are you?" Zhou Ziyan asked Jiang Qingqing again.

  Jiang Qingqing is about the same age as Song Douding. I wonder what Jiang Qingqing thinks?

  Jiang Qingqing replied obediently: "Master, I'm not a commoner... nor a student... I, I don't have any big ideas. I just want to study and learn to read. I also have brothers in my family. They are all sent to study by their families. Only I don't know how to read yet, and my brothers don't teach me. They said that there is no need for a little brother to study, as long as he marries a good family in the future. Master, I don't want to be like this. I also want to study and read like Douding. ."

  Zhou Ziyan asked: "Did you also contribute to this little girl's matter?"

  "Hehe..." Jiang Qingqing laughed naively, "Dou Ding said that I was a sharp-tongued person, so I just blended into the crowd and made some nonsense."

  Zhou Ziyan took a closer look at Jiang Qingqing. He remembered this little brother.

  He really has his own ideas.

  In the case of the little girl, Jiang Qingqing was able to take the initiative to blend in with the crowd, create noise and guide public opinion, which is enough to prove his intelligence.

  Although this little guy is still young, he looks cheerful and cute. It shouldn't be difficult to find a good family in the future.

  But Jiang Qingqing was unwilling to do what his parents and brothers said.

  "Ergun, what about you?" Zhou Ziyan's eyes fell on Ergun again.

  Ergun was silent for a while and said, "Master, I just want a name for myself. I want to give myself a nice name myself."

  Among the five children, only his name was the carelessly named.

  Although he usually keeps quiet, he is very envious of his companions who have names.

  I always dream of having a name of my own.

  "It's great to have your own ambitions." Zhou said that he did not judge Ergun's dream, but only asked Peng Pangshan at the end, "Dashan, you are the eldest son in the family, and you are also the oldest. Why do you want to study with me?"

  Pang Pangshan was the biggest among the children. He said loudly: "Master, I have gone to school before, but the teachers all thought I was stupid and said I had no talent for reading. I admit it myself, so I won't waste that time." Money. But Master, I still want to study, I want to take the exam, I want my family's life to be better, and I don't want my parents to worry about taxes anymore."

  These children each have their own difficulties and dreams.

  The only thing that remains unchanged is their desire to study.

  Zhou Ziyan could not turn a blind eye to the longing eyes of the children.

  Although he was dismissed from office, he was once the parent official of Daqing. Now that his 'children' are taking the initiative to study, how can he ignore them?

  I just hope that these children can really learn something and teach other children in the future. Little by little, the spring breeze will bring rain, and the world will be filled with peaches and plums.

  Only through inheritance over the years can Daqing be transformed and the social structure rebuilt.

  And looking back on the past seven years, although he is a very popular minister, he has also made many friends.

  But those friends have their own families behind them and have their own responsibilities.

  There are very few people who are as carefree as he is.

  He has no family and no wife.

  When fighting in the court, there is often no one behind you. It can be said that you are always fighting alone.

  No wonder he ended up being dismissed from office.

  On the other hand, the old man Lin Fanji was not only famous in the world, but also had many classmates, friends, and apprentices.

  Every time I argue with someone, the disciples and friends behind me can drown each other with their spit.

  Thinking this way, Zhou Ziyan felt more and more that this was a good method.

  The so-called steamed buns are not steamed.

  He just couldn't swallow that breath.

  Emperor Jingxuan dared to dismiss him without any scruples, because he was just a polished commander, so there was no need to be taboo!

  Daqing Chongwen respected the literati. If he acted recklessly and reached a position where Emperor Jingxuan could not move.

  When the time comes, we will see whether Emperor Jingxuan respects him or deposes him!

  "I can teach you. But you need to convince your parents at home and Uncle Song." Zhou Ziyan opened the tea lid and sipped the tea in the cup. "As for Shu Xiu, you go and discuss with Uncle Song."

  Of course, he couldn't really leave all this matter to these kids.

  He had a plan in mind, he just needed to think about it.

  I just wanted to see what solutions these kids would have.

  Depending on Uncle Song's temperament, these little radish boys will be able to attend class with Song Douding in a few days.

  "Really?!" Song Douding jumped up, "Great! Xiaoniu, Qingqing, Dashan, Ergun, we will be classmates from now on!"

  "Really?" Wang Xiaoniu blinked and smiled broadly, "Douding, Douding, we can study together in the future!"

  "Great, great!" Jiang Qingqing also jumped up and jumped up and down with Song Douding.

  The two sticks clenched their fists, unable to conceal their excitement.

  Pang Pangshan said: "Don't be too excited, don't forget to convince your family. Let's quickly think of a way to convince our family."

  "Yes, yes, let's go and think of a solution quickly. We must not let our family members stop us!"

  "Let's go to my room!"

  Song Douding waved his hand and took the children away again.

  At the end of the day, he didn't forget to take away his money bag, then gently closed the door to Zhou Ziyan's room, and wished him a good sleep tonight.

  Zhou Ziyan shook his head with a smile, put away the tea cups, and felt infinite emotion in his heart.

  At first, he was only touched by Song Douding, and he also wanted to find a place for himself so that he could retake the imperial examination.

  That's why he chose to stay in Maminggou and become Song Douding's wife.

  I didn't expect that I would be moved by these children today.

  The desire to read and the desire to read may sometimes be just a moment or an impulse.

  Zhou Ziyan was most afraid that the people in Daqing would get used to their usual life, accustomed to an illiterate life, living an unchanging life and guarding an unchanging future.

  Even the thought of 'wanting to study' does not occur.

  That's why he tried every means to promote literacy classes, just to prevent their desire for knowledge from being wiped out by life.

  Even if you know one more word, that's good.

  Fortunately, fortunately.

  These children, whether they are envious of others or want a name of their own.

  Or maybe it's to improve life at home, but you're still confused.

  At least they want to read.

  As long as you have this idea, it's never too late to start.

Chapter 28

  Zhou Ziyan made his decision and went to the household registration office to change his household registration early the next morning.

  Perhaps it was the Huang Registration Officer who had said something before. As soon as Zhou Ziyan stepped into the household registration office, someone led him to a small cubicle next to him and asked him to wait.

  Zhou Ziyan nodded and waited.

  After a while, the familiar yellow book official came over holding Maminggou's yellow book.

  According to regulations, Daqing does not allow household cancellation and reconstruction.

  But what this lord received was the emperor's oral decree...

  So Huang Ceguan didn't say anything. He just followed Zhou Ziyan's instructions and moved his household registration to Maminggou.

  Then re-register his name and place of origin.

  In just two quarters of an hour, Zhou Ziyan changed his household registration.

  After all, it is still the body of the original person. In the column of parents and relatives, Zhou Ziyan chose to continue to use the experience of the original person. His parents died young and he has no other relatives.

  Just save some unnecessary trouble.

  The Huang Registration Officer transcribed the three words "Zhou Ziyan" on the Maminggou Yellow Registration Book, made a new household registration information, handed it to Zhou Ziyan, and said very respectfully, "Sir, your household registration is ready."

  "Thank you, sir." Looking at his new household registration, Zhou Ziyan finally felt a big stone fall in his heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552K 17.8K 25
Anx·ious: Full of mental distress or uneasiness because of fear of danger or misfortune; greatly worried. Joelle Collins has social anxiety, pan...
3.4K 55 10
NOT MINE OFFLINE READING Author: The Fox Does Not Return Genre: BL Status: Finished Last update: 2023-06-09 Latest Chapter: Chapter List Chapter 92...
52K 1.1K 67
NOT MINE OFFLINE READING 且拂 Author: Qie Fu Type: Danmei fanfic Status: Completed Last update: 2023-05-26 Latest Chapter: Chapter List Chapter 103 Tex...