The Dragons that Fell // HOTD

By cara_de_cema

Rhaenyra and Rhaella get sent back in time and are given one more chance. Things play out differently then be... More

Fanart
ACT ONE
One-
Two -
Three -
Four -
Five -
Six-
Seven -
Eight -
Nine -
- Past -
Ten -
Eleven -
Twelve -
Thirteen -
Fourteen -
Fifteen -
Sixteen -
Seventeen -
Act Two
Eighteen -
Nineteen -
Twenty -
- Past -
Twenty one -
Twenty two -
Twenty Four -
Twenty Five -
Twenty Six -
Twenty Seven -
Twenty Eight -
Twenty Nine -
- Past -
Thirty -
Thirty One -
Thrirty Two -
Act 3
Thirty Three -
Thirty Four -
Thirty Five -
Thirty Six -
- Past -

Twenty Three -

857 33 2
By cara_de_cema

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

Rhaella and Rhaenyra sat in the eldest chamber. Rhaella shook her head as she drank her tea her Alyssa was busy with her toys and Baelon was fast asleep. "The wildings were a pain in my ass for almost a full cycle! Velaries and I had to kill a few before the boy said something to them!" Rhaenyra gave her sister a look.

"What boy?" Rhaenyra asked. "When I went missing back in Winterfell I met a boy I thought it was Baelon... It wasn't but he spoke of my fourth how it should be like him and that when the times comes he will guide them!" Rhaella told her. "He has not grown since then and it has been two years since I met him. I do not know what he is and no one will tell me" Rhaella spoke frustrated.

"Was she different last time?" Rhaenyra asked. "No! None of the times I had her has she been but a normal child! Elaena was but a happy child and all I can do now is wait and see once I have her!" Rhaella ramble.

"And Lilith has been vocal she might be a girl of 3 but the spirits speak with her, she knows I travel well she doesn't but she said they told her that I am back to make things right! The fucking Witch in the Woods refuses to see me saying that she refuses to see someone who breaks the laws of life like I had any fucking option here!" Rhaella sneered making Alyssa look at her.

"Sorry, my little dragon." Rhaella smiled. "What of the boats?" Rhaenyra asked. "Oh, those were a gift from Prince Qoren for the engagement between Aliandra and Baelon." Rhaenyra looked at her. "I just brought them to brag sister is that so wrong of me to do? Also so that Corlys knows you do not need to depend on him when it comes to war in sea!" Rhaella smiled.

"By the way, you will have to meet him... Baelon and I should travel to Dorn when he is five, he is to go and spend a few moons with Aliandra. Aliandra will be coming to Kings Landing to meet you when I do not know!" Rhaenyra nodded. "Good to know, when do you plan on announcing their betrothment to the Kingdom?"

"Once they come, and I expect a tourney will be thrown for the next head of house Martell as well our clear advantage to the Greens!" Rhaenyra nodded. "I will you must not worry... I do believe I heard commotion this morning?"

Before anything else happened the doors opened revealing Cregan, Robert, and Harwin. "Kepa!" Alyssa smiled as she ran to her father Cregan smiled as he picked his daughter up kissing her forehead. "Do you mind if I take Alyssa and Baelon?" Cregan asked as Robert carefully picked the babe up.

"You do not have to ask husband they are your children as well! Go and have fun!" Rhaella laughed as Cregan planted a kiss on her lips. "Love you!" the two whispered. "Love you" Alyssa smiled at the two of them. "Love you too my sweet girl" Rhaella smiled as they left.

"Corlys and Laenor" Rhaella explained going back to the conversation they were having. She explained to Nyra what had happened between father and son and how she had told Rhaenys that her husband had overstayed his invitation and it was time for him to leave. "I would like to mention that my blood moon has been late a week now" Rhaenyra added making Rhaella stand from her seat and hug her sister.

"That is wonderful news sister! We should be welcoming baby Jacaerys soon then!" Rhaella smiled. Before Rhaenyra could answer the large mirror opened revealing Loren. The girl bowed down to the two of them as Rhaenyra gave her sister a look. "Did you truly believe I would say those awful names to my Loren? I would rather cut my own tongue than do such thing" Rhaella said. "No, I did not!" Rhaenyra spoke it had been foolish of her to believe such thing. Loren was like a sister to Rhaella. "Also how do you think I am able to poison that Green whore" Rhaella added.

A look of realization appeared on Rhaenyra's face before laughing at her cluelessness. "I only came to tell you that dinner will be made tonight but Alicent plans on wearing another green dress and it seems that is all she will wear from now on. The seamstress had brought around 12 dresses and more are to be made by order of Alicent!" Both sisters looked at one another.

"And the tea is done," Loren added as she excused herself leaving the sisters behind to continue their conversation. "I should be on my way as well, who knows what Cregan, Robert, and your husband are up to!" Rhaella spoke as she left her sister to herself.

It did not take long to find them when Alyssa's dire wolf found her, following the smaller wolf she found the men in the training ground as Cregan and Robert spar with Alyssa the girl laughing as she hit her uncle. Harwin sat with Baelon as he spoke with the babe. Rhaella smiled from where she stood it did not take long for Alyssa to spot her as she ran to her.

Rhaella picked her up as she kissed her daughter before laughing. "You stink of wolf" Rhaella laughed as the men made their way to her.

"Is that a dagger sweet girl?" Rhaella asked as she saw the steel dagger around her daughter's waist. Cregan laughed as he looked anywhere but his wife. "Cuncle Rob to me!" Alyssa smiled as she pointed to Robert as the man gave Rhaella a smile. "Uncle Rob gave it to you? You know we might want to start with a wooden one she is not 2 names days yet!" Rhaella spoke as she took the dagger from her daughter.

Her own sword dangling from her side. "I should keep this until Alyssa understands what it means to have a weapon!" She added. "For now go and bath! The three of you stink of wolf!" Rhaella pointed at the three of them as Skull rolled on his belly.

"You need a bath as well Skull, you stink!" The dire wolf let out a howl as he took off. Rhaella and her family made their way to their chambers a bath waiting for Alyssa and Cregan. Their clothes waited for them when they came out, Cregan gave his wife a look as he saw the colors. Rhaella was not one to dress the kids in their house colors opting more for pinks, blues, yellows, etc.

He didn't say much as he dressed in black, Rhaella wore a deep red dress. "Cregan may you take this to my aunt?" Rhaella asked as she handed a letter to her husband. Cregan nodded as he took it. "I should see you at dinner then" Rhaella added as Cregan nodded once more before planting a kiss on her lips as he took to the door.

Rhaella had been walking with her two children when she came to a stop when she saw Ser Harrold walking her way. A smile adorned her lips as the man bowed down.

"Ser Harrold we are finally able to speak to each other!" Rhaella smiled. "We do Princess." The man smiled as he looked at the children.

"Meet my eldest Alyssa and my youngest Baelon!" The man smiled as he smiled at the small girl who hid behind her mother's dress. "It is nice to meet you, little Princess!" Ser Harrold smiled making Alyssa smile.

"Thank you! Sire!" Rhaella laughed. "My sweet girl he is not your sire, he is Ser Harrold!" Alyssa looked at her mother. Before looking at Ser Harrold a toothy grin on her lips as she grabbed his hand. "Food" Alyssa spoke as she guided the older man to the dining hall.

Rhaella laughed as she walked by the man. "It is nice to have you back Princess, the Keep has missed you and your terror!" Ser Harrold jested. Rhaella laughed at the man's words as she looked down at her babe. "I have missed you as well Ser Harrold... Your wisdom was missed this past two years!" Rhaella looked at him.

The man smiled as he opened the door for them. Cregan smiled as he picked Alyssa up thanking the man for accompanying his wife and children. "You have a good man," Ser Harrold whispered as he took a stand by Ser Criston.

Everyone of Targaryen descent wore Black and Red rich fabrics including Cregan and Harwin as they sat down. Viserys wore lilac clothes. "Hmm," RHaenys whispers as everyone's attention goes to Rhaenyra. Viserys had to do a double take for a split second seeing his Aemma but realizing it was his eldest daughter. A shot of pain went to his heart as he remembered the screams that left Aemma two cycles ago. " A dress fit for a queen. I remember when Cousin Aemma wore it once she looked stunning in that dress" Rhaenys spoke as Rhaenyra entered the room. Rhaella looked down hiding her laughter as she saw Alicent behind her sister trying to pass but not being able to.

"I thought I would wear it before I am to big for it!" Rhaenyra smiled as she sat down next to Viserys before everyone's attention went to Alicent who wore a dress similar in pattern to the one she wore the night Rhaella caught her with the King. "And you lady Stepmother wear one for a woman, a moth-. Like the one you loved to wear back then when you visited and took care of your grieving king" Rhaenyra added as Rhaella coughed trying to hide her laughter. Cregan placed a hand on her leg as he too looked away. Harwin and Laenor shared a look as the younger boy bit his lip as he placed his head down as Harwin drank from his cup.

Alicent looked at Viserys expecting him to say anything but he did not. All he did was look down, she bit her lower lip as she walked to her seat the three Targaryen women looking at her judging her. The maids around them and the Knights sneaker at the Princess comment as they saw the embarrassed look on their so-called Queen.

Alyssa and Baelon wore black clothes for both their Targaryen and Stark sides. The dinner had been quiet for the most part. Alyssa remained in Visery's lab as she often did, Rhaella, Rhaenyra, and Rhaenys spoke with one another Laenor joining their conversation from time to time.

The night came to an end when Alyssa fell asleep on Visery's shoulder making the man chuckle as he took her to Rhaellas chamber. "This reminds me of when you would fall asleep on me when I would tell you stories of old Valyria" Viserys smiled at his youngest.

Rhaella smiled back as she took out her daughter's nightgown as Cregan placed Baelon in his crib. "Goodnight Your Majesty" Rhaella smiled as Viserys left a look of hurt on his face as Rhaella closed the door on his face. How long had it been since she last called him father or Kepa? He wonders.

Inside Rhaellas chambers Cregan looked at her as Rhaella placed down Alyssa. "Come Love let us rest!" Cregan smiled as he guided Rhaella to their bed.

✧◦♚◦✧

"Rhaella child!" A woman spoke making Rhaella grunt as her eyes got used to the light. "Queen Visenya!" Rhaella spoke not bothering to bow as she saw the Queen. Visenya not liking the disrespect hit her a smile on her lips. "How may I be of your service this evening my queen" Rhaella spoke with mock.

"Funny, child... Your dragon should lay eggs you should choose the green black and gold" Rhaella looked at her. Her mind wondered why those three specific eggs.

"Daenerys?" Rhaella whispered not sure of herself. Visenya nodded "Those eggs should be off somewhere in Essos..." Rhaella spoke as she looked at the old queen.

Visenya looked at her her eyes seemed to talk when her mouth did not. "Oh my, they weren't stolen this time were they?" Rhaella mocked. "Every time you send me back something changes huh?" She laughed.

"You are to take them to cannibals lair where they should remain until she is born!" Visenya grinned as Rhaella forced a smile as she felt herself wake.

She took a look around to see Cregan next to her and Alyssa on top of him making her smile as she stood changing into riding leather and kissing the three of them before writing a note that she would be gone for the day and would not be back until tomorrow.

Her sword dangled on her side as she left for Visenyas Hill on horseback her she-dragon waiting for her in her own lair. "My sweet girl, I heard you laid eggs?" Rhaella spoke as she padded her Valaries.

It wasn't long for her to find what she was looking for carefully placing the eggs in her bag before mounting her Valaries and taking to Dragonstone. The flight lasted 4 hours when they arrived Rhaella was greeted by maester Gerardys a small smile on the man. "Princess, how may I be of help?" Rhaella smiled at the man. "Has Cannibal left his lair?"

Gerardys looked at her "He left just a few hours ago!" Rhaella nodded as she looked at the mountain. "Good, a few sheep should be given to my mount while I am gone... No one is to know where I am to go. If letter arrives asking for my whereabouts I am simply in the library and should be back tomorrow by morrow." The Maester nodded as he handed her a bag of food as she departed to Dragon Mount. Leaving her mount behind.

It took her another hour to arrive at the top of the mountain and another to locate the hideout of the cannibal. When she did she smelled rotting meat letting her know it was his lair. Rhaella had taken a torch out as she let the fire guide her through the darkness of the dragon's lair.

The entire place had bones in every corner, drawings adorned the walls of the tavern as she went deeper into it. As the smell became stronger she knew she was coming to where the Dragon hid. She heard the people of DragonStone that the old dragon had been spotted away from his lair and most times would be gone until nighttime.

She only came to a stop when the tunnel spit in two making her sigh as she decided which way to go. She stood there for God's knows how long until she heard running water coming from one of the tunnels making her believe that the other one was the right one. Walking again once more through the dark tunnel it wasn't long until she heard flying coming her way making her freeze before hiding in one of the cracks of the tunnel.

A few dozen bats flying away from something Rhaella sighed before letting out a scream of surprise when a bat flew at her making her drop the torch the fire going out and making her cuss.

She would have to go blindly for the rest of the way. Her sword rested on her hand as her other remained on the walls as she walked. The smell became unbearable the closer she got. Half her face was now covered as she found the lair.

Rhaella could not help but gulp at the darkness she would have to hurry and hide the eggs somewhere. Kneeling down she began to look for two rocks when she found them she placed the torch down as she began to hit the rocks together trying to start a fire.

It wasn't long before the torch caught fire and when it did she gasped the entire place seemed like an abandoned castle. Rhaellas could only see so much with the light provided by the torch She could make out arcs on the walls. A few torn banners adorn the walls but she could not see the symbol.

Her eyes took the place in as she also looked for a hiding place for the eggs. It wasn't long for her to find a small crevice where the old dragon would not be able to find them. Rhaella placed the eggs one by one before placing a large rock to block them. Her dagger carved out an x. With a smile, she left quickly walking knowing the dragon would be back any minute now.

Halfway through the tunnel, she heard vibrations making her stop her face drop as she began to look for anywhere to hide. She knew she was near the split if she got there before him then she would be fine.

She began to run her heart beating fast, the vibration became closer making her panic as she came to a stop. Red eyes stare at her. Rhaella felt her blood run cold as her eyes landed on the split.

Not thinking much she took off running before taking a turn a growl sounded behind her looking behind her she saw fire. Her eyes widened as she dove to an opening as the fire disappeared.

Taking off once more she heard the heavy running of the dragon behind her as it let out another roar making Rhaella run faster. She was glad the cavern was not big enough for that ancient thing to fly.

Nearly fell when the ground beneath her ended making her scream. She kept looking back as she saw Cannibal nearing her. Her eyes went back and forth between the dragon and the water. The Cannibal came to a stop his eyes sizing her as if daring her to jump.

Taking her sword out she saw the dragon open its mouth as she threw her sword down with one last look, she jumped the fire missing her as she fell and a roar followed close by as she hit the water. A gasp left her lips as fire hit the top of the water making her swim down as well as look for her sword.

It didn't take long for her to find it when she did she looked up she saw the creature hovering above her waiting for her to come out. Looking around her vision blurry the air in her lungs running low as she began to swim around becoming frantic as she finally found an entrance behind the waterfall.

Quickly claiming out Rhaella laid down breathing heavily her hand resting on her sword. A small laugh left her lips before it stopped when she saw the silluet of the old dragon on the other side of the waterfall. With swiftness and quietness, she made her way to the caver entrance.

The cold wind made her shiver as she traveled through the darkness of the cave. Rhaella cursed the gods as she began to limp coming to a stop to catch her breath. Dropping down Rhaella sat there in the cold shivering knowing the dragon waited for her to come. For what she could manage the only way out was the way she came in.

She knew not when the dragon left the cavern. Rhaella only came to the realization when she woke up. She waited no time as she left the waterfall looking around before truly leaving the safety behind. Rhaella quickened her pace as she saw another entrance looking up she noticed the dragon was nowhere to be seen.

Making a swim for it she swam as fast as she could as before hearing the roar of the Cannibal making her claim out of the pond as fast as she could as she threw herself into the small entrance of the pathway. The Cannibal roared behind her as he dove down missing her by a fly before letting out a ball of fire as a scream followed close by.

Another ball of fire left the dragon then another. It only came to a stop when no more sounds came from the pathways. The dragon remained there hovering for the white hair to come out. As for Rhaella, she had run deeper into the pathways she only came to a stop when rays of light received her making her smile as she ran.

She only came to a stop when the ground beneath her stopped once more making her cussed but smile as she saw DragonStone down beneath her. A small smile on her lips as she whistles for her mount. Velaries was as big as Meleys now but still too small to go against Cannibal that old dragon was as big if not bigger than Vhagar she could not risk her Velaries being hurt.

She only stopped when she saw her mount nearing her making her smile as Velaries looked at her as she kept herself steedy. Her she-dragon eyes had amusement on them as she stared at her rider before letting out a roar that seemed to mock Rhaella which made her laugh. "Go on keep making fun of me! Let's see who feeds you and showers you with compliments!" Rhaella teased as she mounted her beast.

Looking back she sighed when she saw no dragon chasing her but she could hear the roars of many dragons. The flights back to the keep had been fast for the girl after all she spent it asleep the food given to her by Gerardys was in the pond where she took a swim.

When she arrived a blanket waited for her as she dismounted her dragon a small smile on her lips as she made her way to the keep. The hour still of the owl as she took one of the pathways of the keep. Refused to go to her own chambers and have Cregan ask what was wrong, why she was wet, and why the new bruises.

Too many questions for her tired brain. She exited the pathway to Maegors old chambers making her laugh as the tourte device that was used for anything but tourte when it came to his six wifes. Rhaella took her wet clothes off and grabbed a hidden nightgown from underneath the bed looking around she could not help but sigh as she saw herself in the mirror. Two almost three since she came back and she was yet to get used to her younger self.

Rhaella laughed she never lasted more than a day so there was never the necessity of getting used to her old self and yet here she was almost three years she wondered if she would fail again. With one last look, she lay down and fell asleep.

When she woke up the next day she used the same pathway as earlier that day and made her way to her own chambers. A black dress waited for her making her sigh as she struggled to put it on when she did she left for Rhaenys chambers. When she arrived Rhaenys looked at her making Rhaella smile as she poured herself some wine.

During Rhaellas life were three dragon eggs stolen by a woman Elissa Farman?" Rhaenys gave her a look as she poured herself some wine as well. "Tried but was given to Dreamfyre by Rhaella" Rhaella nodded she wondered what else had changed then. "Why do you ask?... And where were you all day? Cregan did not seem bothered by your sudden disappearance." Rhaenys question.

"DragonStone, I needed to do some research on a matter which I will explain to you later... For now, I should go and see my children! And I would like a word with you when you have time dear aunt. I need guidance in a matter."

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 1.5K 20
As the realm mourns the loss of Queen Aemma, King Viserys finds solace in the arms of a most unlikely companion - the enchanting Anna Hightower , dau...
18.6K 412 9
Being the youngest daughter and younger sister is not easy. Alicent Hightower is Alana's older sister who can do no wrong. While Alicent marries King...
481K 14.8K 46
"A dragon might not be the only thing you ride tonight." | Where the Dance of Dragons is stopped before it truly begins-with Rhaenyra as the Heir to...
29.2K 1K 60
When Rhaenyra's mother passed away after attempting to give birth to a son for the king, her father decided to remarry just right after naming his da...