The Dragons that Fell // HOTD

By cara_de_cema

Rhaenyra and Rhaella get sent back in time and are given one more chance. Things play out differently then be... More

Fanart
ACT ONE
One-
Two -
Three -
Four -
Five -
Six-
Seven -
Eight -
Nine -
- Past -
Ten -
Eleven -
Twelve -
Thirteen -
Fourteen -
Fifteen -
Sixteen -
Seventeen -
Act Two
Eighteen -
Nineteen -
Twenty -
Twenty one -
Twenty two -
Twenty Three -
Twenty Four -
Twenty Five -
Twenty Six -
Twenty Seven -
Twenty Eight -
Twenty Nine -
- Past -
Thirty -
Thirty One -
Thrirty Two -
Act 3
Thirty Three -
Thirty Four -
Thirty Five -
Thirty Six -
- Past -

- Past -

865 32 3
By cara_de_cema

~ 129 ~

Rhaella and her family had been called back to king's landing by Viserys, Rhaella had been skeptical by the sudden call from the king it had been more than a year since they saw the rotting man. Due to problems in the north Cregan had to stay back.

Rhaella could not help but feel anxious as the day of the departure came. The day it finally came Rhaella said goodbye to Cregan her youngest could only cry as she said goodbye to her father, the Stark could not help but look down hiding his own tears as the girl of 8 cried out to her father.

The eldest of her children smiled at her father a long hug shared between the both before separating. Cregan kissed her forehead as he often did. "Take care my little wolf" Alyssa nodded as she made her way to her own dragon. Baelon and Joseph held their father before mounting their own beast. The flight had taken two days.

When they arrived they had been receive by the King. The four children had been brought into a hug by the older Targaryen who held them the best he could. "Ella, my sweet child" The King spoke as he brought his youngest into a hug as well, Rhaella had to swallow her hate for the man and the look of disgust as he held her. "Your Highness" Rhaella bowed down to Alicent. The older woman bowed down as well.

"Come we must eat you must be hungry" Viserys spoke only to stop when the familiar roar of Syrax sounded making Valaries roar back. Rhaella could not help but sigh her sister had gotten her raven. "Nyra" Rhaella spoke as she made her way to her sister. "Ella" Rhaenyra spoke as she held her youngest sister before turning to her nieces and nephews who were quick to hug her.

"Nyra, what a wonderful surprise" Viserys spoke as he held his eldest daughter. "Father" Rhaenyra spoke.

As the hour grew late the Targaryen- Stark family made their way to the dining hall where they sat on their own side. It had been awkward at first but soon it disappeared as the children spoke among themself, Rhaenyra and Rhaella spoke with one another coming up with an answer to the sudden call from Viserys.

"Rhaella you must be wondering as to why I have called you here?" Rhaella nodded. "I have decided on the union of our house and house stark with the union of Aemond and Alyssa" Rhaella sat there shaking as she looked at her father. Rhaella could not help but feel hatred for the rotting man who sat in front of her.

"NO! NO! No! My daughter will not wed that monster" Rhaella shouted taking everyone by surprise. It was not a secret that Rhaella hated her second brother. "Rhaella he is your brother!" Viserys shouted. "I do not care my daughter will not wed that thing" Rhaella shouted back as she stood taking her daughter's side and shielding her from her father. "Loren take the children away" Rhaella orders her lady-in-waiting. "Muna" Laena cried as she was taken away. "I am not asking Rhaella" Viserys spoke. "No," Rhaella shouted once more. "I am King and you will do as I say" Viserys shouted.

"You wretched bitch this is your doing, you knew that thing would never find love so you curse my daughter with it" Rhaella sneered. Alicent scuff at the insult. "I do not wish for that wild child to wed my son" Alicent shouted back. "Everyone shut up!" Rhaenyras voice came. "Alyssa, what do you wish?" Everyone's attention came to the girl who still hid behind her mother.

The girl could only look at her mother "I will fix this, you must not worry" Rhaella whispered as she held Alyssa's hand in her own."I'll wed him" Rhaella's features were that of shock. "Aly?" The girl gave her mother a reassuring smile. "It is settled."

"You hurt my daughter in any way and I will kill you!" Aemond gave his sister a smile as he left the room. If he could not have her then her daughter would do.

~ 129 ~

Two moons had gone by since the supper, when news reached the north Cregan had almost gone to the keep and killed the young prince but had been stopped when his brave Aly stopped him. During those two months, tension had been high between both sides of the family. It had been a blur for Rhaella who only felt hatred for the rotting man. As she helped her daughter change into her gown she could not help but cry.

As Alyssa walked down the hall she could not help but feel a tug in her gut telling her to run, get in her she-dragon, and fly to Essos. But she did not she walked head-high with her father by her side. At the end of the hall stood Aemond with Viserys. "We still have time to get you out of here!" Cregan spoke squishing his daughter's arm. "It is fine" Alyssa whispered.

The ceremony went by fast for everyone except for Rhaella it seem to go in slow motion as she saw her daughter wed that emotional half-breed. As the night came to an end Rhaella had been fast to steal her daughter from the room taking her to the gardens.

"My sweet Alyssa cursed to wed that thing" Rhaella cried as she held her eldest. "One just one word and I come and kill him... You must not forget my sweet Aly I would kill all of them for you, for any of my children... One word that is all it takes and I will come and burn the keep to the ground to take you away."

"I know Muna" Alyssa whispered holding tight to her mother. "I hope there is room for four more" Cregan spoke as he and the rest of their kids joined.

~ 130 ~

Two moons after the wedding Rhaella had received letter that her daughter was with child, she had flown to the Keep. Her brave Aly stood waiting for her as Rhaella dismounted her she-dragon. The older Targaryen had run to her daughter's side as she held her before checking for any type of injury that they had done to her.

"How are they treating you my brave Aly?" Rhaella asked. "Fine Mother, they ignored me which I do not mind" Alyssa spoke as the two women walked through the gardens of the Keep. At that moment Rhaella had decided to stay the rest of her daughter's pregnancy in King's Landing to keep her daughter company. It had been a mistake to not stay from the beginning.

As the moons went Lucery's claim had been challenged by Veamons was that his name? Rhaella did not remember. The day her sister's own family came Rhaella could not stop smiling as she held her sister and her children. Slapping Daemon on the arm the older Targaryen smirked pushing her.

They had only stayed a few days. Rhaella and Rhaenyra had been by Alyssa's side the entire time and sometimes Helaena would join them since Alyssa and the youngest of the Targaren sisters had grown close, as the three of them came up with names for the babe that was due in less than a moon.

The day Rhaenyra and her family left Rhaella had joined her, she could not help but feel anxious as she left her daughter behind. "It will only be two days Ella, Aly is strong just like you" Rhaenyra reassured her. "You are right, she's my blood after all" Rhaella spoke as she picked up Viserys.

As the day for her departure came Rhaella became relentless and so did Valaries, something was wrong really wrong. Rhaella did not wait for the sun to shine as she took to the skies. It was an eternity for the Targaryen as she arrived by midday Rhaella landed in the gardens of the keep. Her heart stopped as she heard the scream of her brave and innocent Alyssa throughout the keep and the roars of her mount coming from the Dragon pit. Rhaella ran she ran through the keep.

She fell tears running down her cheeks as she approached her daughter's chambers. When she arrived her heart stopped, the blood on the maester had received her as he came out of her daughter's chambers. "Princess Rhaella" The maester spoke surprised to see her.

Rhaella ignored him she made her way inside to see Loren on the floor a puddle of blood surrounding her. "Loren!" Rhaella cried as she kneeled down her hands shaking as she held her lady, her closest friend before her eyes landed on the,

on the,

on the,

on the,

on the.

"Aly" Rhaella cried as she saw the lifeless body of her brave Alyssa. A scream so raw left her body as she fell to the ground beside the bed of her daughter. Rhaella cried and cursed everyone in the room. She held her daughter as she wailed at the loss of her first dragon, her little pup.

She screamed at the gods for taking her pup from her far too soon. From taking her Alyssa instead of her. It wasn't until she heard a cry that she stood her eyes landed on Aemond who looked at her as he held the babe. Rhaella looked down at her daughter a single sob left her mouth as she kissed her daughter's head.

"You were brave my little pup" Rhaella whispered as she left the chambers of her daughter.

Making her way to one of the many pathways she made her way to her father's chambers where the rotting man lay. "It is all your fault, you selfish cunt... It's all your fault if you had not killed Mother if you had not taken that whore as your wife... For once in your miserable life you should have thought of us not the fucking realm who could not give two shits about you!!"

"Aemma" Rhaella laughed. "You still have the decency of saying her name!! You- you cunt... You took my daughter from me!" Rhaella cried. Taking one of the pillows Rhaella placed it on Visery's face suffocating the man. He did not fight he welcomed it.

"I'm sorry My Brave Alyssa I should have fought harder." Rhaella cried.

The cold body of her daughter waited for her as she wrapped it with a white sheet. Silent tears left her eyes as she carried the body of her daughter through the pathways of the keep.

She had flown as far as she could. Velaries had landed on a small island where Rhaella cried until no more tears left her eyes.

The body of her sweet girl rested on the sand as Rhaella laid there hugging her girl. A lullaby left her lips as she braided Alyssa's hair.

Rhaella felt numb as she stared at the pale body of her daughter no more screams or tears left her as she stood walking towards her mount.

No words left her mouth as Velaries burned her daughter's body a tiny sob leaving her lips as she mounted her mount and left.

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 562 12
King Viserys Targaryen and Queen Aemma Arryn are expecting another child - possibly a new heir to the Iron Throne. After all, after the birth of two...
524K 14.5K 71
What happens when Rhaenyra and Daemon's night in the brothel turned out to be more than what the princess admitted to? What happens when a child is c...
39.8K 865 4
'✦ Λ‘ Φ΄ΦΆΦΈ π“‚ƒππ‹π€π‚πŠ π–πˆπ“π‡ π„ππ•π˜ | ❝Never underestimate how far an envious women will go to destroy you.❞ „ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ Naeseryne Targayen...
21.8K 739 12
Β« "In the dark ages, magic was a weapon, love was a mystery and adventure was everywhere." Β» Β«Daenys targaryen, the adopted daughter of princess Rhae...