From Here to Eternity

By SJMinnal

Akash is a businessman who owns a construction company - 'AK Skyscrapers Company Limited' all over india. His... More

Cover & Character Sketch
Water under the bridge
Rekindling the Old flame
Hide the truth
The Tip of the Iceberg
Blow off the Steam
Expectations Vs Reality
Fish out of Water
Parallel Track
Her Solemn Promise
Between the Guilt & Feelings
Longing Wish
Oil that Coiled
Act or Real?
Retouch of passion
Sew to mend?
Movie Night
Time to Pitch in
Calm After Strom
MoonStruck
Her Lullaby

Out of the Box

747 121 47
By SJMinnal

'Dei Sathish...Nee edhukku ithellam thookitu varae..avanga kitta sonna deliver panni irupaanga illa?'
(Hey Sathish...why are you carrying all these? If you could have told the dealers they would have delivered it right?)
Sandhya said by looking at Sathish who was carrying the fabrics in the Gunny bag and entered into the boutique. Deepthi looked at the entrance from Sandhya's voice.

'Dei..Nee yenda ipdi moota thookitu varae...'
(Hey why are you carrying the stock like a coolie?)
Deepthi and Sandhya ran to him to help him to bring in the stock of goods.

'Hey onnu illa...namakku 3 boxes of fabrics thaan venum..ippo deliver panna sonna..avanga athuku charge pannuvanga..so edhukku..athunaala thaan naane kondu vanthen...and moreover ithu onnum avlo weight illa...' sathish said.
(Hey...it's nothing...we need only 3 boxes of fabrics..if we ask them to deliver they might charge additionally for that. So I picked it by myself and moreover it's not that heavy..)

'Nee sonna kekkava porae...seri iru I will help you..'
(You never listen to us...wait let me help you...)
Sandhya said by helping him in lifting the sack. But sathish denied her and said he can manage.

Since it was a noon time, there is no much customers to handle. Tailors too left to have their lunch. All three of them sat down inside the boutique. Sathish later opened the bag and showed the fabrics for the new outfits that they are going to try.

'Sandy Inga paaru...Nee ketae ella colours oda pastel shades konduvanthu iruken..This is the fabric that would suit the new wedding collections..inga paaru intha plain sareela naama works panna it would look lavishingly gorgeous..' Sathish said by showing it to her.

(Sandhya look here ..I got the pastel colours that you asked for. This is the fabric that would suit the new wedding collections. If we do designer work on this plain saree, it would look lavishingly gorgeous...')

'This fabric is really looking so magnificient and grandiose. Ithula naama lehenga different designs and patterns vechi try panna nalla irukkum...' Deepthi exclaimed.
(If try different patterns in lehenga...it would be too gorgeous..)

All the while sandhya was just listening to the conversation. Sathish & deepthi turned to her.

'Sandy..nee enna think panrae...tell me something...'
(Sandy...what are you thinking?) Deepthi asked her.

'Illa Deepu...Naama ore anglea work panromonu thonuthu..'
(Nothing Deepu...i feel we are working on a single angle...) Sandhya said by feeling the fabrics in her hands.

Deepthi & Sathish gave a puzzled look at each other.

'See..Namma boutique is a women's boutique and we concentrate on their outfits. We concentrate only on wedding outfits...but there are so many other occasions which we can consider as well to attract our customers even in normal times we can provide creative outfits.' Sandhya said by looking at them.

'Seri epdi creativeah pannalaamnu think panre?'
(How do you want to be creative?) Sathish asked her.

'I have an idea here..Tell me whether it will work good..Ippo (Now) currently we are delivering Lehengas, Designer Sarees & Blouses for the customers for party and wedding occasions. In that we can design theme based outfits...for example, we have nature based themes like fire, water, sky, earth & wind. In that we can infuse the shades of the relevant colours and we can design the lehengas. Athe maari we can get Silk Sarees from Kanchipuram. Anga thaan original silk weaving Nadakkum (the original silk weaving is done there)..Naama anga irukara oru traditional weavers kitta contract vaangi naama avanagala saree design panna sollalaam (we can contact the original and traditional weavers to get a contract for weaving the saree according to our design)...Aparam (then) blousesla we can infuse the theme based works for it based on the customers requirements. Sandhya paused a little.

'Ungalukke theriyum namma indian Weddingku (As you all know, in a Indian wedding) we have so many events lined up. So for each events sarees we can infuse colour themes...and that colours will have a strong connection to the event in the wedding.' she exclaimed.

'Wedding season illamalum ordinary seasonsla, naama athe maari vera themes use panni we can attract the customers.
(Apart from wedding seasons, we can make use of these themes to attract the customers..).
We have many themes like Colour based themes, Season Themes, Flower themes. Naama oru month oru colour decide panni (we can decide on one colour per month) we can display the outfits in the shades of that colour. Antha maari we can do it something creative for other months as well. So that, naama wedding season illanaalum (even if it's not a wedding season) our boutique will still have continous customers.' Sandhya said by looking at the fabrics.

Since she did not get any response from both, she saw them. They both were having their jaw dropped and looked like magic.

'Hey enna achu...Naan sonnathu nalla illiya?'
(Hey what happened? Don't you guys like this idea?) Sandhya asked them. They both immediately hugged her.

'Nalla illiyava? (Is it not good?)....its amazing and brilliant idea. Oh my god...Sandy...you are fantabulous...We love this idea...' Deepthi exclaimed looking at Sandhya.

'Sandy..Ivlo naal...intha moolaiya thevaillatha vishayathukaga think panni feel pannitu irunthae...ippo thaan romba thevayana vishayathukku use panni irukka...Semma Idea..naama itha kandippa panlaam...'
(Sandy...till.these days you were crushing your brain for useless things...only now you are using it for a productive thing... it's brilliant idea...we are doing it....) Sathish said earning a smack from her.

'Ok...Naan konjam outfits drawings panni iruken..atha indha fabricsla stitch pannalaam...and for silk sarees, naama oru nalla weaver kitta check panni we can have an contract from next month...'
(I have sketched a few outfits...we can try doing it in these fabrics and for sarees, let's check for a good and reliable weaver for the contract from next month..) Sandhya said all the other two were happy and they decided to start to work on it.

It was evening, the boutique was filled with moderate customers.
Sandhya was in the billing where she didn't have much work. There was a lady who came there with her husband and Kid. The kid was taken care by the husband while the wife was busy picking the outfit. The dad and kid duo look so adorable that he took care of the baby with much love and care. Even when she was in the purchase, the woman did not fail to care her husband nor is he. Sandhya saw the couple that made her to smile at them unknowingly.

Sandhya always wanted a family for herself. A responsible and caring husband and lovely baby which make any woman complete in her life. But to her, it had been a nightmare and just a pain. When she was in her thoughts, her mobile rang brings back to the reality. She took out the mobile to see his name blaring on the mobile.

'Arrggg...Why is he again behind me? Enakku nimmadhiya irukka koodathune en thaila ezhuthi irukku pola irukku'
(It is my destined fate as not to have a peaceful life it seems...) She mentally sighed and disconnected the call. Her mobile again ringed. She again disconnected the call. She got the call thrice.

Deepthi saw that 'Sandy...yaaru call? yen thirumba thirumba call pannite irukaanga? eduthu pesavendithaane..' (Who is calling? Why is the person calling again and again...attend the call...)
Deepthi asked by looking at the customers.

'Athu onnu illa Deepu..athu customer care call..summa call pannite irukaanga..'
(It's nothing Deepu...it's from customer care....they are ringing me repeatedly for some useless reason...) She said by putting the phone on silent and she forced herself to divert into her work.

It was late evening, when all the workmen left for the day and only Sathish, Sandhya & Deepthi were alone in the boutique discussing on the fabrics and designs and tallying the day's accounts. They turned to the door opening sound to find Akash standing in the door entrance. Sandhya was shocked to see him in her boutique.

'Hi Sir...How can I help you?' Sathish asked him as Deepthi & Sathish didn't know about Akash. All the time, Akash was just looking at Sandhya.

'Hmmm....Sandhya.' Akash looked at her.

'Sandhya...please I need to talk to you..' Akash said with a pleading tone.

'Sandhya va?...ungalukku Sandhya theriyuma?'
(Sandhya? You know her already?) Deepthi asked him.

'Sandy...unakku avara theriyuma?'
(Sandy...you know him?) Sathish asked her.

Sandhya was silent making Sathish and Deepthi share a puzzled look. Sandhya was silent without answering. Sandhya not to make it more awkward, 'Deepu, Sathish naan ungalukku aparam solren ( I will tell you later)..will come back soon..' she said and left with him leaving the duo puzzled and shocked.

'Why the hell you are again into my life Akash? I am already over it..I really not interested to pounce back to the past.. I literally don't want to do that...' She gritted her teeth by sitting in the park bench.

'I really need your help Sandhya...please..intha help enakaga panna vendaam..enga appavukaaga pannu...please...Naan idha vera yaaru kittaiyum kekka mudiyathu...'
(You need not do this favour for my sake...please do this for my dad's sake... I cannot ask anyone else....) He pleaded with his eyes.

'Unga appaku naan yaarune theriyathu unga familyla yaaraiyum enakku theriyathu enakkum avangala theriyathu...(your dad or your family doesn't know my existence....) if you really want to introduce your wife, you can ask help of someone else to act as your wife. definitely I am not going to do it..' Sandhya stood stern in her decision.

'Sandhya...' Akash raised his voice. Sandhya's one glare made him go silent.

'Sandhya...please understand that i cannot ask someone to be in place of you..because it is like deceiving my family..' Akash softened his tone.

'Oh really?...appo unga familykitta naama divorce aanathu sollama...unga Exah wifeah pretend panna solli enna....punniyama panni irukinga?'
(So do you think you did a good deed by not disclosing our separation to your parents and asking your ex wife to pretend as your wife?) Sandhya's voice was soft but her words were too sharp.

'Sandhya..ippo athukellam time illa...Appa is very serious..Hospitalenthu amma call pannanga...Nee vantha nalla irukkum...avaroda last wishnu nenachiko...nee panra helpku unakku enna venumnaalum naan tharen...If you need anything in return..yes am ready to afford you...'
(Sandhya...now it's not time to discuss all these...dad is critical..mom called me from hospital...it would be good if you turn up now...just consider this as his last wish....I will do anything in return for your favour...) Akash said with one go even without knowing what he was talking about.

'What the hell Akash...ungalukku ellame business thaana?...Ippo kooda unga appakaga enna vela pesitu irukinga?....(everything you look at as a business is it? Even now you are negotiating with me with your dad's health....) how could you be so insensitive and so inhuman..' Sandhya bawled at him.

'Sorry Sandhya...I am too nervous and tensed...I didn't know what i was talking...please...help me in this..' Akash said in a tired voice.

'Akash..I am not at all ok with deceiving someone that too to the person is so weak physically and sick..' Sandhya gave a strong nod of denial.

'Sandhya....Ithuvaraikum en appa enkitta edhum kettathu illa...first time kekararu...oru son ah avaruku intha wishah fulfill pannanumu aasapadren...(My dad never asked me anything until now. This is the first time he is asking something to me...as a son's responsibility, I desire to fulfill his wish...) please don't let me down..' Akash gave one last final plea.

'First tell me..What is the guaratee that his health will get better upon meeting me?' Sandhya asked the valid question.

'Its all a hope Sandhya...He might get better on seeing you.. May be its his instinct that he might get far good in his health if you show up to him.' Akash said in a very soft voice which surprised her more.

Sandhya looked at him and sighed. 'Ok...Naan varen...ungalukkaga illa...unga appakaga...(Ok...i will come...absolutely not for your sake...but only for his sake am turning up...) because he doesn't deserve to suffer for his son's blunder.' Sandhya said after a long thinking.

'Thank you...thank you..thank you so much sandhya...I swear I will offer anything for this...' His face brightened hearing her acceptance but immediately he gulped looking at her face on realising his last sentence.

'But I can be there for just 2 days not more than that..' Sandhya asked him without any expression.

'Illa Sandhya....I need you to be there atleast for a...month...' Akash said in low voice making her gasp in shock.

Please vote and comment your opinions.

SJMinnal ❄️❄️❄️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 1.1K 40
πŸ‘‹Hello sweeties. πŸ‘‹ And my Ashaangians πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ Thanks for looking into my second story😊 This one is going to be totally different from my first one...
15K 1.9K 22
This is a story of Ahalya Keshavan and Shankar Krishnamurthy. Both of them grew up in very different environments but life brings them together. Ahal...
219K 14.3K 47
"What have I done? I should have told my brother that I'm not interested in this marriage, especially with the guy who looks at me as if I were his p...
8.4K 1.6K 22
Cupid, a celestial being tasked with spreading love among mortals, receives an unexpected opportunity to fulfill his long-pending assignment: to make...