The Tip of the Iceberg

'Unakku edhavathu paithyam pudichirukka Sandy?'
(Have you gone mad Sandy?)
Deepthi was annoyed by hearing the happenings for past couple of days from Sandhya and her decision who was sitting opposite her at the dining table having her coffee.

'Modhala antha aala nee meet pannathu thappu...'
(First meeting him is itself a big mistake..)
Sathish added to Deepthi's words. Sandhya was drawing patterns on the rim of her coffee cup.

'Sandhya....ithellam vendaam...nee unnoda pastlenthu veliya varave 3 years aachu...why to again fall in the same pit?'
(All these not at all required...it took you 3 years for you to come out of your past...) Deepthi was constantly showing her distress on her decision.

'Enakku antha aalu thaan unnoda Exnu therinji iruntha naan unna antha property paakave poga vittu iruka maaten....Vendaam Sandy...nee angellam poga vendaam..how could he be so mechanistic and commercial in his feelings. Chitti roboku kooda genuine feelings irunthuthu...' Sathish voice showed pure concern and the affection he had on her.

(If I had known that he is your ex then I wouldn't have allowed you to visit the property...no sandy...you need not go there...he be so mechanistic and commercial in his feelings. Even chiti Robo had genuine feelings...)

All the while, Sandhya was silent and listening to their rantings about her choice of going to meet his father. Deepthi & Sathish were annoyed looking at Sandhya who was just having her coffee without minding the chaos that is happening because of her.

'Sandhya...ippo nee vaaya theranthu edhavathu solla poriya illiya?'
(Sandhya...are you going to open your mouth and say something?)
Deepthi asked her with stern tone. Sandhya looked at them who were literally burning her with their eyes.

'Deepu, Sathish....I know you both are angry on me....But I am forced to do this...I know that it took me 3 years to overcome Akash....Ippo naan pazhaiya Sandhya illa...(I am not the old sandhya....) neenga enna pathi kavala padathinga...naan marubadiyum pazhaiya sandhyava varamaten...(you don't have to worry about me...i will not again fall back to my old version...) I know to overcome everything. because you both taught me how to be strong in all the situations. I am not doing this for Akash... I know he don't even deserve a bit of my concern. Ithu panrathu avanga appakaga....(it's for his father). I couldn't let his father's health detoriate because of him. Enakku oru appa irunthu iruntha naan enga appava paathutu irunthu irupen illa...(I would have done this if it happened to my father...) Atleast by meeting him, if he is back to normal, i will feel a sense of contentment that i had done a pinch of good to his family. Of course not rightfully right now. Her voice showed clarity.

'Ellam ok Sandhya....ivlo naal avanga family kitta unna pathi edhuvum sollama...avanga family members unna pathi edhum therinjikaama....intha 3 years nee irukiya illiyanu kooda avangalukku theriyathu.....all of sudden avanukku oru problemna unkitta ippo nikkarathuku antha aalala epdi mudithu...(everything is right Sandhya...but till now he did not open anything about you to his family...his family did not check on you..he or his family never dared to check on your existence in these 3 years...all of a sudden, how could he come to you asking a favour for his problem...). Deepthi paused a little before continuing.

'How could he be so selfcentred? If he is that genuine in following his dad's words, he should have opened up to his father about you both even before your marriage. Then, he was not even ready to open up about your relationship to his parents earlier and now he didn't even open up about your seperation. I am not comfortable in you going there Sandhya....' Deepthi confronted her.

'Yes Deepu is right. Antha alavukku avanukku dhairiyam illama..ippa mattum enna nalla paiyana avanga appaoda wishah fulfill panranaama? such a narcissistic attitude'
(He didn't have the guts to open up to his family...now he is trying to act as a responsible son in fulfilling his father's wish is it?) Sathish gritted his teeth. Sandhya smiled at their concern.