Act or Real?

Sandhya entered in the bathroom to refresh herself in hurry without looking at anyone. She saw herself on the mirror and her face had turned pink and she could hear her heartbeat. She could still feel the sensation of his touch on her lips. Unknowingly her face increased the hues of pink. But sudden realisation warned her.

'Why couldn't I meet his eyes? Why am I getting carried away with every bit of his personality? No i should be in my limits till the time i am here.' She told herself.

'Unnala mudiyathatha nee yen think panrae?'
(Why are you thinking of the things that are beyond your control?)
Suddenly her reflection asked her.

Sandhya was surprised to hear her reflection 'yen mudiyathu (why not?)...naan inga vanthathu (I came here..)just to pretend in front of his family...avlo thaan (that's all)...i don't have any feelings for him...because he is not the person who am expecting..he is a known stranger to me...'She told her reflection.

'Apdiya (ohh really..)...then why are you losing your control when you feel his fragrance? why are you getting carried away by looking at his eyes?' do you think it is part of your act what that happened in the kitchen a couple of minutes before?' her conscience cornered her.

'It's just an accident...nothing else...nee enna confuse pannatha (Don't confuse me)...' Sandhya said in a stuttering tone.

'Oh accident...seri seri...nambiten..(ok ok I believe you..)' her reflection mocked her.

'what?' Sandhya asked her reflection who was constantly laughing at her.

'Ok...I will believe if you leave this house with the same feeling that you had when you came here on the first day...' reflection locked her with the last checkmate. Sandhya felt a pang in her heart all of the sudden. But she immediately hid it.

'Why not?...I am in the same mind set. Naan varumbothu epdi iruntheno apdiye thaan ippavum iruken...(I am in the same mindset that I had on day one and will continue in the same mindset)' She managed to tell her.

'Athuvum paaka thaane poren...'
(Let me see that too..)
Her reflection challenged her.

'Unna marubadiyum poga vidava inga unna varavechi iruken?...'
(Did I bring you here to leave this place just like that?) her reflection thought to itself and smirked at Sandhya.

Sandhya immediately glared at her reflection and splashed a water on the mirror.

'Arivu iruka da unakku?...ava unakku help panna vanthu irukaa..avlo thaan....why are you taking advantage?'
(Do you have sense? She came here just to help you...that's it..) Akash was in his another room cursing himself.

'But her eyes reflected something different today...oru kind of yearning and longingness...ava kannu enna apdiye kizhichiduchu (her eyes pierced me...)....very sharp eyes...apppaa..ava lips (god...her lips)...everything was perfect as it should be....'
he remensced feeling her soft skin on him and her supple lips still on his. He felt a aderline rush to his cheeks. His conscience warned him on the reality that made his face drop immediately.

'I will keep up my word..I am not a family person kind..enakku committed lifelaam set aagathu (committed life is not my cup of tea)...I will maintain distance from her...' He said to himself and went to refresh.

But destiny has something else. Always when there is a push, the real feelings will get blow out. Like these two souls need a trigger to bring out their real feelings.

Akash got refreshed in the adjacent room and came back to his room where he found Sandhya in the balcony where she was wiping her hair. Her waist length wet hair, her clear and natural face twisted the knots in his stomach. Her attire stuck to her skin revealing her features that made him gulp. He immediately averted his gaze and left from there without making her aware of his presence.