Bride

By SwatiSandeep

In the shadows of a secluded town, three fates are about to entwine, setting off an emotional journey of love... More

-Dedication-
-Editor's Note-
-Characters-
-Teaser-
-Prologue-
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Epilogue-

-Chapter 9-

1.9K 313 311
By SwatiSandeep

Dear Readers,

If you like the story, do not forget to vote!

Don't check out the March Releases. Two books will be releasing in March-

1- Victim (Series)

2-Dad (Standalone Novella)

The books are scheduled for alternate day updates, and will start once Bride is completed.

Aaradhna

"Why did he say that?" Vibha sobbed. "Kitna hurt ho gaya bacha. The Prince should not have said that". Vish handed her a couple of tissue. Since the moment his big-b had started the story he started carrying tissues with him. It always came handy.

"Tu bhi asoo poch le" she handed him a tissue. Vish was startled, she did not realize that he was crying. he wiped off his tears immediately.

"I am not crying"

Vikky pulled the boy into his arms. That night he had craved for someone to hold him and comfort him, now he had enough people to hold on to, but the statement still scared him. No matter how many people he had in life, no one could hold a torch to his dad.  No once would ever take his place, not even the woman he lost his heart to, or the child he may have one day. His dad would always come before anyone else, and he knew for his dad he would come before anyone else, even his bride.

"Phir kya hua?" Vibha blew her nose noisily and looked at Vikky, "Did the boy ever find his mom, big-b? Please tell me he was able to find a mom in his dad's bride. He deserved to have a mom. Every boy should have a mom"

Vivek smiled sadly. Every child deserved a mom, but not every mother could become a mom. He had learned it the hard way.

"Kya hua big-b? Aap chup kyun  ho gaye?"

Vikky shook his head. That was not a story for the innocent children. The twins had always been well protected by his parents, he did not want to be the one to introduce them to harsh realities of life.

"Phir kya hua big-b?"

"Phir woh hua jo us bache ne kabhi apne sapne me bhi nehi socha tha."

"Did his mom come to him?"

Vikky shook his head. "No, the boy realized meant what he meant to his dad."

"Kaise?"

Vikky smiled recalling the incidnet.

He had not realized when he slept but he was woken up the sound of window rattling. He woke up with a start and looked around. The widow braded open scaring him.

"Buddy" He yelled out in fear. His complains forgotten in his agitation. A hand grabbed the windowsill. Vikky looked around, a thief was getting into his room. He could not sit tight.

"Buddy jaldi aao" He yelled as he reached for the flower vase. No thief would ever steal from them. He would make sure of it. Another hand grabbed the sill. Vikky's heart raced he opened his door and yelled for his buddy again, "Jadi aao buddy, choor hai" He peeked out and yelled.

The man hopped inisde from the window. The room was dark. Vikky had not bothered to turn on the lights. The corridor lights were not enough to illuminate the room. He tunered around as he he heard the footsteps.

"rukh jao wahe" He raised the vase in fear and threatened, "Paas aye to sir phod dunga" He thetened.

The man stopped.

"Buddy jalidi aao yaar, yeh mere jaan le lega" He yelled again.

The man took a step towards him. Vikky closed his eyes in fear and  raised his hand to bash his head but the man crossed the distance between them in a quick second and  grabbed the vase for him. He wanted to struggle but the moment he felt his touch he knew it was his buddy. He did not protest as the vase was grabbed from his hand. Vivek held him gently and made him sit.

Vikky turned his face away. he was not ready to talk to his father. Vivek turned on the lights and came back to him. Vikky still refused to look.

Vivek sat beside him and lifted his face gently. Vikky refused to make eye contact stubbornly.

"Dard ho raha hai bacha?"

Vikky did not answer. Vivek sighed and cupped his face gently, "I am sorry I said that stupid thing, beta. I will never say anything like that again."

Vikky's eyes filled up. He wiped them furiously. Vivek sighed and got up. He walked to the door and picked up the food tray that he had left there a few minutes ago. He came back with it and sat with Vikky again.

"Kuch nehi kahya tune, thoda sa khale please"

"Bhook nehi hai buddy." 

"Mere upar gussa khana pe maat dekha, bacha. You need to take medicines. Thoda sa khale."

"Ek din khana nehi khaoga to maar nehi jaoga na, buddy. Jao aap yaah se....."

"I hurt you, so you have to hurt me back. Is that it Vikky?" Vivek put the food tray down. He would not have hesitated to slap vikky for saying something like that, but he knew what Vikky was going though. His child had no one to turn to when he was hurt, when his mother had been alive, Vikky ran to her with complains. After they lost her Vikky felt lost. No matter how much he and his father tried, they could not fill the void in Vikky's life.

Vikky did not answer but a stray tear slipped from his eyes. Vivek gently pulled him into his arms.

"I am sorry I hurt you, beta. I am sorry I said those words....."

"Kyun bola aapne asie buddy?" Vikky pulled back, too agitated to take comfort from him, "Kya aapko pata nehi aap mere leye kya ho?"

"Aur tughe nehi pata ke tu mere leye kya hai?" Vivek lifted his face gently. 

"Bacha hoon aapka aur kya...."

"bacha nehi, jaan hai tu mere" Vivek picked up the food tray again, "Chot tughe lagte hai, taqlee mughe hote hai. Har chote se baat batata hai na, bacha, to itne bade baat kyun chupaye. Tughe chot lage, yeh janke haq nehi tha kya mera?"

"Aap pareshaan ho jate na buddy...."

"Aur end me main pareshaan nehi hua, Vikky? Yhe bhi koi chupane ke baat hai? I am your dad Vikky, it is my job to worry for you. Dekh kitne chot laga le tune. Kitna dard ho raha hoga. How did you manage on your own? Did the doctor treat you well? Did you...."

"Nehi karne mughe aapse koi baat, main gussa hoon aapse"

"Haan to reh gussa, chal muh khol"

Vikky shook his head, "Aaur aap aise kiase andar aa gaye?" He frowned and rushed to the window. His room was on the second floor. That was the only room in the house that was on the second floor. It was a good 20 feet above ground and there was no away anyone could grab the balcony so easily. Which only left the pipes.

"Aap pipes ke sahare upar aye?"

Vikky looked back at his father shocked, "Did you climb the pipes?"

Vivek shrugged his shoulders. Vikky's eyes widened in shock, "Demag kharab ho gaya aapka? It's feezing outside. The pipes are slippery, girjate aap to? its a 20 feet fall buddy, are you carzy?"

"You were crying Vikky and refusing to open the door. What should I have done?"

"Waited for me to calm down, what is wrong with you buddy, you risked your neck to come in and check on me?"

Vivek held his hand and made him sit, "I was worried, you were upset, and hungry. Now eat"

"I won't"

"Maar khana hai tughe?"

"Haan maar lo. Itna to suna deya hai. Aab maar bhi lo." He winced when Vivek did just that by awarding him with a hard whack on his back.

"Kya kar rahe ho buddy...." Vivek shut him up by feeding him.

"No matter how mad you are at me, you are not allowed to close doors in this house Vikky. You will not scared me that way again."

"Come on buddy I was upset...."

"Then yell at me. Fight with me, call me names, I do not mind any of that. You will not shut me out again...." Vikky turned away. Vivek made him look back.

"Jasie mere seway tera koi nehi hai, Vikky, waise mara bhi tere seway koi nehi hai. You are not just my child, you are my best friend." he fed him another morsel. "tu jab buddy bolta hai na to mughe aisa lagta hai jaise mughse mera bacha nehi mera dost baat kar raha hai. I do not need anyone when I have you Vikky. If you shut me out who will I talk to?"

"Emotional blackmail kar rahe ho?" Vikky frowned. His buddy's words made him feel guilty. His buddy had no friends. No one to talk to. Their pops was cool but he could never become his buddy's friend, not the way his buddy became his friend. The differnce in ages played a vital role between his pops and buddy.

"Sach bol raha hoon, Vikky. You need to know that you cannot take risks with your life. Tere zindigi ke saath mere zindige jude hai. If something happens to you, I will be the one getting hurt. So you need to be honest with me. Haan main thoda sa overreact  karta hoon...."

"Thoda sa??" Vikky gave him an unbelieving look.

"Acha theek hai, main bohot zyada over react karta hoon. Par woh mera haq hai. Dad hoon main tera idiot. Main pareshaan nehi hoonga to kaun hoga bata?"

Vikky sighed and leaned into his embrace. He did not have the heart to be mad at his dad.

"You hurt me, buddy."

"I am sorry baccha. I should not have said that. I was scared and it came out in a different way. Buddy ko ek chance nehi doge beta?"

Vikky hugged him tight. He would give a thousand chances to his buddy. Truth was he  was hurt, but now that he was in his buddy's arms he no longer felt lost.

"I am sorry too" He whispered against his chest. "I should have called you."

Vivek blinked off tears and pulled back, "Yes you should have" He ruffled his hair gently. "It's okay if I am a little worried Vikky, you did not have to go though all that on your bacha. How did you manage?"

Vikky sighed and told him about the incident as his father fed him. Vivek tensed.

"Veer? Veer has a son?"

"Veer?" Vikky looked taken aback, "You are on a first name basis with the moron?"

"He is not a moron, Vikram" Vivek's tone came out sharper than he indented to.

"Phir se daat rahe ho buddy....."

Vivek sighed and shook his head, "Nehi bacha, par Veer tughse 17 saal bada hai, you cannot disrespect him. He is.... He is almost family."

Vikkys eyes widened in shock.

"what?"

"He is my best friend, Vikky. The only friend I had other than you. We fell apart but.... Veer Mittal is a kind of man who leaves a lasting impact on you. And Vikky he has the right to be mad at me. I was the one who chose to walk away baccha. I was the one who cut off all contact with him. If I was in his place, I would be mad too."

"Best friend?" Vikky could not believe his eyes. His buddy did not let people in. If he had let the moron in then the moron must have some redeeming qualities. He was sure.

"Do you miss him dad?" He wanted to know.

Vivek nodded his head. 

"Then why don't you go and sort out his misunderstanding. Tell him the reason why you walked away? If he is really your friend he will understand.

Vivek remained silent.

"Dad friends are supposed to stick with you though thick and think, if Rajveer Mittal cannot understand your compulsions, he is no friend of yours."

Vivek ruffled his hair. At Vikky's age everything was black and white, but the world was filled with a lot of grey. He needed to teach his son that.

"Sometimes forgiving the people you love is the most difficult thing to do, bacha"

"Come one dad. if you cannot forgive the ones you love then you cannot forgive anyone. Many be Veer Mittal was never your friend. More over he is marrying the Ice queen. It's best if stays away. The woman gives me really bad vibes."

Vivek looked startled, "kya bole jaa raha hai Vikky? Ashi is a wonderful woman...."

"She is a legit ice-queen. Emotions naam ke koi cheez nehi hai unme. Do you know how she insulted me?" He narrated the whole incidence in vivid detail.

"You got stitches?" Vivek was shocked, "You got stitches and you did not think about calling me? You are scared of needles you idiot" Vivek whacked him again and this time hard, "If she had not insulted you into sitting and if Veer had not insisted you would have run away. I need to thank them."

"Buddy...."

"Chup! First you play the hero and risk yourself and then you get hurt and now this. do you know how many rules you broke in a day young man?"

Vikky looked down, smartly keeping his mouth shut.

"You will no longer be going out on your own, I will drop you and pick you up till I can trust you to keep me in loop."

"Not fair buddy...."

"Argue and I will ground you for the rest of the year"

Vikky shook his head like a scared deer, "Please no, I should have called you. I was an idiot. Please don't do that. Bas teen haftey bake reh gaye buddy. Uske baad sab college ke leye chale jayenge. koi aur punishment de do please. I will take anything. Let me have the last few weeks with my friends. Please."

Vivek sighed. He could not deny his son the memories, but the incident scared him. If anything happened... the very thought scared him.

"Please dad" Vikky whined "Bache pe itna zulm maat karo."

Vivek sighed, "Nautanki maat kar. Chal finish kar khana. Dawai bhi lene hai na?"

"Aapne khaya?"

"Pehle tu khale bacha...."

"Matlab aapne nehi khaya?" Vikky galred at him, "bena khaye spiderman ke tarah, pipe chad rahe the aap?"

"Nehi chadna padta agar tu ache bache ke jaise darwaza khol deta. Par neye, nawab sahab ko to roothna tha."

Vikky glared at him. Vivek ignored it and tried to feed him, vikky shook his head stubbornly, "Nehi khana mughe, pehle aap khao"

"Vikram"

Vikky ended the matter by force-feeding him. "Lecture dena asan hai buddy. Apne deye hue gyaan ko khud follow keya karo aap. No skipped meals in the house. Samjhe?"

Vivek glared at him but it was lost on him. In the end Vivek had to give in. The father son fed each other and settled down to sleep. Vikky snuggled closer to his buddy, seeking the comfort that he had missed for hours.

"Dar gaye aap?" He played with the buttons on Vivek Kurta, a habit that he had picked on as a child. he did that when ever he was nervous or agitated, or he wanted something.

Vivek nodded his head. He was scared. He wanted Vikky to know that, "Take care of yourself bacha, you are all I have"

"Sorry"

Vivek dropped a kiss on Vikky's head, "Don't. You saved a life today bacha. You don't know how proud that makes me feel, but still the dad in me is scared. That cannot be helped. Next time call me okay. No matter how small or big the matter is, keep me in the loop."

Vikky bobbed his head.

"Does Veer know I am your dad?"

Vikky shook his head, "I did not tell him. I was annoyed. he is so bossy dad, he acts as if he owns the damn place...."

"He is used to having his way, Vikky. In a lot of ways you are like him, stubborn, independent, and reckless to a fault. Just like you he loves racing"

Vikky looked at his father shocked. He knew? Vivek ruffled his hair, "Tughe kya laga mughe nehi pata? Why do you think I insist on a headgear?"

Vikky looked away caught. Nothing escaped his buddy's attention ever. He had been a fool to think otherwise.

"Veer's first love i cars. He is an F1 racer"

"What?" Vikky's eyes widened in shock.

"He is the number one in the world. If he is in a race, it is a given that he will win. He is best at what he does Vikky, but you know what is the best part of him?"

Vikky shook his head.

"he never let goes of a hand that he holds. No matter what happens Veer Mittal will have your back if you are his friend. The reason I could not make another friend is because no one can hold a torch to Veer."

"Not even me?" Vikky pouted.

"You are more special then, Veer, bacha. You will always come first with me. Chal bohot ho gaye yeh batey. Soja. Kal sunday hai. Take as much rest as you can. Take a few days rest...."

"buddy....."

"Don't argue Vikky. I will lock you in the room if I have to"

"Then I will jump down the window"

"Maar khana hai tughe?"

Vikky huffed but shook his head. 

"Soja phir. Kal baat kartey hai. We will have a detailed discussion about your need to act dumb"

"Really buddy? Aaj ka session kafe nehi tha?"

Vivek smiled. Vikky snuggled a little closer, "Waise aapse kuch baat karne the"

Vivek hummned.

"Miss Roy ne profile bheje hai. Delkhlo aap ek baar. Kal sunday hai. Milllo unse ek baar. She sounds like a very good woman."

"Kal fund raiser hai vikky. Students have placed a huge cupcake order. They are going to sell the cupcakes in the fair."

"Woh mata mandir wale fair?" Vivek nodded his head. It was one of the most popular fairs in their place. Every year around the time the festival was organized for 11 days in the temple. The fair helped people reconnect and hosted a huge assortment of foods and games. People all over the town came to visit the fair, weather was no barrier to the festivities. The students organized fundraising every year. The proceeds from the funds went to the development of the town. People donated generously and his father did  not charge a dime for the cupcakes he made for the students. And the order was always in thousands.

"Set another day Vikky...."

"Kyun buddy, aap to sham ko free rahoge na?"

"I told the kids I will deliver the cupcakes to the fair. I will need to go."

"Okay fine, She can come to the fair to meet you.'

Vivek gave him a disbelieving look.

"Aise kya dekh rahe ho? Miss Roy ne kaha ke main location decide kar sakta hoon. I will tell her to come to the fair. You guys can catch up there. The informal settings will help you unwind....."

"Vikky...."

"It is that or that Italian Restaurant. You choose buddy, which ever you are comfortable with. But meeting to kal he hoge"

"Itne kya jaldi hai Vikky...."

"I have only three weeks left buddy. Uske baad college jana hoga mughe. I want you to find a bride before that."

"Itne jaldi....."

"We had a deal buddy. You cannot go back on your word, warna...."

"Don't start Vikky. I will meet her tomorrow, but that does not mean I will marry her. It does not happen that way, bacha. We need to talk first, understand each other....."

"Let us start with the meeting first" Vikky stifled a yawn and buried his face into his fathers warmth. The moment he closed his eyes he was out like lighting.

"Bccha, listen to be please, It will not happen so soon. This is....." He trailed off as he heard the soft snores. Vivek sighed and pulled the boy closer to his heart. Vikky was his whole world. He would never let him get hurt. He would meet the woman to please his son. He knew Vikky would be disappointed, he would have to  console his broken heart again, but that was how his son would learn to accept the inevitable. There was no other way.

The next evening Vikky insisted on coming to the fair. Vivek refused point blank.

"Main kyun nehi jaa sakta buddy?" Vikky grabbed the cup cake tray from his hands, "Mere sare dost jaa rahe hai, mughe bhi jana hai"

"NO"

"What do you know by no?" Vikky glared at him, "I want to go."

"You need to rest, vikky" Vivek insisted, "I let you come here so that I could keep an eye on you. Now I will take you back home..."

"Are par din bhar maine rest keya na? Aapne kaha lete raho, main back room me chup chap leta raha na? Aapne kamse kam phone bhi dekhne nehi deya. I got bored whole day buddy. Let me have a little fun, please."

"Vikram....."

"Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please.....Please....."

"Okay fine" Vivek gave in before he could annoy him further, "but you cannot run around. You can stay for an hour and then you will come back with me"

"What do you mean an hour? Aap Avniji se milne wale ho na? An hour is not enough...."

"Keep arguing and I will call Miss Roy and call off the whole thing"

Vikky glared at Vivek but did not argue. He knew his buddy was not kidding.

"Now go finish your milk. Take your medicines and rest for an hour. We will go at 5 and come back at 6"

Vikky wanted to whine but did not. He knew his buddy was pushing him on purpose. If he whined he would get a reason to cancel the meeting. He was not playing his buddys game. He stomped his feet and went back to rest. He would get back at his buddy, he promised himself, but for now he would do what he was told to do. Revenge was a dish best served cold. He smiled evilly and turned on the TV. He did not realize when he drifted off. By the time he woke up again, the delivery van was loaded. His dad was giving instructions to the driver. He rushed to them immediately.

"Uthaya kyun nehi buddy?" He complained.

Vivek pulled him into a one armed hug, but looked at the driver, "Aap ise mandir le jao. Hum peche gade me ate hai"

The driver nodded his head and mounted the van. Vivek guided vikky to the car, "Aab dard kaise hai bacha?"

"Dard nehi hai buddy, uthaya kyun nehi yar? late ho gaye na?" He whined.

"It's okay Vikky, I called Miss Roy and told her we would be late. She was very understanding. Miss Verma would be waiting for us at the fair. I texted your friends to let them know you will be late. I filled cash in your wallet. If you need anything else, call. Okay?"

Vikky bobbed his head. He would not need anything. He wanted the meeting to run smooth. They reached the temple premises in ten minutes. It was overcrowded. His friend rushed to their car immediately.  He was waiting for him.

"Tu theek hai yaar" His best buddy Arjun checked him over quickly. Vikky glared at his father. He knew he must have said something to Arjun. The guy was the most protective of the lot. Once he was on his case he would not get a break.

"Mian theek hoon yaar, it was just a scratch...."

"Itne chot aye hai tughe and you are saying it is a scratch?" Vikky glared at him, "Bataya kyun nehi?"

"Aapne bataya?" Vikky accused Vivek.

Arjun reward him with a hard whack, "Chup kar. Ek to baat nehi battata aur upar se buddy pe chilla raha hai. Kuch nehi hone wala tera"

Vikky rolled his eyes.

"Take care of him Arjun, make sure he does not over do it" Vivek spoke to Arjun.

"Don't worry buddy. I will make sure he is fine"

"HE is capable of taking care of himslef" Vikky insisted.

"Shut up" Both of them hissed at the same time. Vikky rolled his eyes. He was plagued by overprotective men in his life. He was sure he was cursed.

"I will be in the fair, call me if he looks tired" Vivek told Arjun who assured him that he would. Vivek patted Vikky's back gently and walked away. Arjun put his arm across Vikkys shoulder and guided him towards the fair.

"kuch kahya tune?"

"subah se kha he raha hoon yaar. Don't strat, buddy ne nak me dam kar rakha hai. He was not ready to let me come"

"Buddy is worried, Vikky. It is understandable giving the situation. Dara deya yaar tunhe unhe. He sounded so worried."

Vikky sighed. His dad got worked up whenever he fell sick. He would have to ride out the wave.

"Itna rush kyun hai aaj??" Vikky frowned as he saw the crowd. It was far more than he they were used to.

"Some rich lady is doing charity. She is donating money and clothes to the needy. Use ke line hai. Ek gante se chal raha hai. Must be filthy rich"

Vikky shurrged his shoulder. A few woman walked past them. They were carrying gift bags and beaming. Arjun stopped them as he knew one of them.

"Yeh kaaki, aap bhi wahe se aa rahe ho?"

"Arjun beta. Kaise ho?" The lady beamed.

"Theek hoon, Kaaki. Vastra dan khatam ho gaya? Hum madir jaa saktey hai aab?"

"Are nehi beta, Vastara daan to chalta rahega. Aur madir to jana he nehi. Mahamrunjay Yagya chal raha hai. Bohot bade bade log aye hue hai. Kese bache ke lambe umr ke leye Yagya keya jaa raha hai. Bohot police hai waha. Kese ko andr nehi ane de rahe"

"Rich and their ways. Aab kya madir pe bhi inka kabja ho gaya hai?" Vikky was annoyed.

"Aisa nehi hai" The woman shook her head. "bohot ache log hai. Bas apne bache ko leke pareshaan hai. Uske ke lambe umr ke dua kar rahe hai. Tum log bahar ghum aao na. Tab tak pooja khatam ho jayega"

Vikky did not say anything. The lady walked away. 

"Kyun itna upset ho raha hai? Wasie bhi hum yaha madir ke leye thode aye hai. Let them be"

"These rich people need to understand that they cannot deny us our right, Arjun. Look that way. They are blocking everyone out" He pointed at the crowd that was waiting at the bottom of the stairs barricaded by police and security.

"Its a freaking temple, not their mansion. They do not have the right to block anyone"

"Vikky...."

"I will not let them"

"That is not our business, Vikky. Chal...."

But Vikky was not the one to listen or tolerate injustice. He walked towards the temple determined. He would teach the rich folks a lesson they would never forget in life!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 253K 151
#01 in fanfiction on 23/02/18 Nandini murthy:-) A girl full of life and fun, wants to be independent and stand on her own feet. Loves her family. Man...
8K 512 61
They say "Blood is thicker than water." but "FAMILY" isn't just about blood, it's about who you love and have faith in and above all who loves you. F...
18.1K 1.2K 37
Hi friends.... I'm back with another plot.... hope you'll like it and support me like the way you did for my previous story.... What happens when you...
158K 6.8K 51
When life is busy giving us the highs and lows, there is one thing that strengthen us to face them and that thing is called LOVE. The world's most pu...