Bride

SwatiSandeep tarafından

In the shadows of a secluded town, three fates are about to entwine, setting off an emotional journey of love... Daha Fazla

-Dedication-
-Editor's Note-
-Characters-
-Teaser-
-Prologue-
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Epilogue-

-Chapter 8-

1.9K 321 375
SwatiSandeep tarafından

Vikky was a very brave kid, but he had one big fear. Needles. They were the bane of his existence. The moment he saw a needle his bravery walked out of the window. He sat there like a rock when the doctor had cleaned his would. The antiseptic burned his would but he did not even hiss. The moment he saw the needle in the doctors hand he shot upright.

"I am fine doctor" His cold voice startled them. Vikky was panicking inside but he did not let it show. Rudeness was his defense against fear. He rather people think of him as rude than a coward.

"Sit down Vikram, you will need stitches" The doctor insisted.

"I do not need anything doctor" Vikky insisted, "The bleeding sopped. You cleaned my wound. Just dress it and send me on  my way. My friends are waiting for me."

The doctor looked at Rajveer and Khushi, "The kid needs stitches, Mr. Mittal. The gash is deep. It will not heal on its own...."

"Are maine kaha na aapse...."

"Vikram" Rajveer cut him off gently, "The doctor knows better, let him help you."

"Mr. Mittal. Don't try to be my dad. I know what is best for me. I can...."

"Then call your dad" Khushi cut him off. "I am sure he will know how to make you obey."

"Not everyone likes to dictate their kids lives, Ice.... Miss Birla. My dad is very cool. I am going home."

Vikky took a step froward but Rajeev blocked his way, "You are not going anyway, young man. Get the stitches done. I will drop you myself at your home."

"Listen dude...."

"You listen, dude. This is not your home, and neither am I your dad to put up with your tantrums. You saved my son's life....."

"The show some gratitude, dude. Let me go."

"I was showing more than gratitude, Vikram. SIT"

"NO. I want buddy, i will go back home. If things can bad, buddy will get me back here. You don't have to worry."

"Vikram try to understand....."

"He is scared of needles"  Khushi sighed. She could see the fear clearly because she shared it. And like the stubborn boy she used rudeness to mask her fear. The boy reminded her of her 16 year self, and the reminder did not sit well with her.

"He is putting on a show so that he can get away with it"

"Oh lady, i fear nothing"

"Really?" Khushi raised her eyebrows. Vikky looked away. She did not understand how she caught him so fast.

"Make him sit Veer, he will not agree willingly."

Veer sighed. He membered the tough time they had with khushi when she was pregnant. Her body was not ready for the pregnancy. Her immune system was very weak, she needed to take injections every week. Vivek had a hard time convincing her every time. On several occasions khushi had hurled abuse at Vivek for impregnating her, not that she actually meant a word. It was her fear talking. Any one in Vivek's place would have take offence, but he alwyas apologized and cajoled her gently, till she agreed to take the injection. He sat with her though the process, talking to her, diverting her attention, doing what any good partner should do. Veer had to block the memories. He realized with a start that he was missing his moron best friend but no matter how much he longed for Vivek, he could not forget the fact that he deserted the same girl and ran away when she needed him the most.

"Jane do please" Vikky pleaded. Veer was startled out of his thoughts.

"Drop me at home okay. Buddy will take care of me....."

"Sit down kid, it will not hurt" Veer cajoled gently.

"Dude, look at that thing. It will hurt like a bi...."

"VIKRAM" The sharp retort silenced Vikky. That was the same tone his buddy took him every time he crossed a line. He did not expect Veer to do the same.

"SIT" Vikky glared at Veer. No one dictated his life. Definitely not the moron who insulted his buddy.

"If you do not sit now, I will call your dad right now."

"You don't have his number dude."

"But I have Vivek's number" Veer bluffed. "I am sure he knows your dad's number."

At that moment Vikky knew that Veer was bluffing, but he could not take risk. If the guy had his dad's number he could make the call. He did not want his father finding out about the accident from a third person. He would panic needlessly. He sat down grudgingly.

"Do it doctor" Veer addressed the doctor.

The doctor came near him with the needle, Vikky stiffened.

"Relax Vikram" Veer coxed, "If you stay so rigid it will hurt more"

"Thank you for the information, Dr. Frankenstein"

Khushi saw them bicker and shook her head. Veer interacted with the kid the same way he interacted with Vivek. In 17 years she had not seen Veer address someone so causally. He had stonewalled himself against human interaction, making himself a loner. One interaction with Vivek and the old Veer was rearing his head again. She did not know if she should be glad to have her best friend back or offended that he was retreating to his old annoying ways.

"Stop acting like a coward Vikram" Khushi spoke before Veer took the bite and fought with the kid.

"Don't call me that" Vikram's eyes blazed. Khushi had to bite her cheek to keep the smile at  bay. The boy was very easy to read.

"Then don't act like one. Take it like a man. It's just a needle. You are behaving as if it is a sword. Let the doctor do his job. Stop acting so scared."

"I told you I am not scared. Will you stop saying that?"

"why should I? When you are acting like one?"

The doctor saw the opportunity and took it. Vikram was focused on the fight. He quickly inserted the needle and pulled it out. Vikram hissed in pain.

"Ouch...." He grabbed for Veer's hand on instinct.

"Aram se doctor use lag rahe hai" Veer scolded the doctor.

"Come on Veer, its a harmless needle. The kid is being dramatic" Khushi insulted Vikky on purpose.

"Can you shut up ice-queen?" Vikky did not bother being polite any longer, "Mere jagah aap hote to pata chalta aapko"

"Main hote to tumhare tarah rote nehi. I am not a cry baby"

"Don't you dare call me a cry baby, Ice-queen. Buddy ko pata chala na ke aap is tarah mere insult kar rahe ho to woh......"

"Ho gaya" The doctor declared.

Vikky looked startled. "Ho gaya?"

The doctor nodded his head and wiped his hand clean. "The nurse will bandage the wounds. The stitches are self dissolving, you are all set young man. I prescribe pain killers, any allergies I should I know about."

"Sulfur and penicillin."

The doctor took a note of it. Khushi and Veer looked surprised. Khushi was allergic to the same medicines. The doctor wrote the medication and handed it to Veer, "The boy will have to rest for a few days, no sports, no bikes and definitely no running on the road." He gave Vikky a pointed look who just rolled his eyes.

"He will heal in a few days. Nothing to worry"

The doctor patted his back gentle and left the room. The curse came in and dressed the wound. Vikky got up. 

"I need to go."

"I will drop you home" Veer offrered.

"I can manage, dude"

"I was not giving you a choice, Vikram. You are in no shape to go on your own. I will drop you there. Come one"

Vikky glared at him.

"Ghoorke kuch nehi milega tughe, i am more stubborn than you. Chal"

Vikky shook his head like a stubborn child.

"Fine kid, if you don't start walking on your own, I will carry you out from here like a sack of potatoes."

"You will not dare...." Veer took a step towards him, Vikky pushed him away. "Stop acting like a creep dude."

"You stop acting stubborn, kid" Khushi intervened. The kid was in no shape to be fighting. He looked exhausted. She wanted to dismiss him but she could not. There was something in the boys amber eyes that tugged at her heartstrings. That fact that her son would have been around the same age, hung heavy on her consciousness.

"I want to go home" vikky sighed. He felt outnumbered. He needed his buddy. He felt like a lost child and that annoyed him further.

"I will take you there. Let me help you" Veer gentled his voice. He could see the sheen of tears in Vikky's eyes. Though the boy was trying hard not to show it, it cannot be hidden. Vikky was too young to mask emotions.

"Please"

Vikky looked startled. He did not expect him to say that. He did not look like a man who ever used the word. He wondered if he ever had to use to it anyone. He found himself nodding his head. Veer guided him out of the clinic. As Veer opened the car door for him Vikky realized that the little boy was still with them. Vikky made room for him. the boy sat down without a word.

"Tu theek hai?" Vikky spoke gently.

The boy nodded his head. 

"Chot lage kya tughe?"

The boy shook his head again. He looked so adorable that Vikky could not help but smile.

"Hi, I am Vikram" He extended his hand. The boy hesitated and looked down. Vikky did not understand where he went wrong.

"It's okay bacha" Khushi spoke gently, "He is a friend. You can shake hands"

The boy looked up. There was something in those soft grey eyes that troubled Vikky. It was not the look you saw in a ten year old's face. The boy shook his hand for a second and then pulled it away immediately.

"Naam kya hia aapka?" Vikky spoke softlty.

"Rishi" Veer answered for Vikky, "Rishab Mittal, He does not speak."

Vikky felt a pang in his head. he felt like kicking himself. 

"Sorry I did not know. It was nice knowing you Rishab"

The boy did not respond. Vikky did not press. Veer keyed in the ignition and looked at Vikky, "Address?"

"123, East street, age se left. It is five blocks away."

The car zoomed ahead. They reached the cottage in five minutes. Veer got down to help Vikky. He wanted to take him inside but Vikky stopped him.

"yaha tak le aye, uske leye thank you. I will go in on my own. Buddy aapko dekhenge to pareshaan ho jayenge. I don't want his enemies in my home."

"Vivek and I were never enemies Vikram. Humare beech me jo bhi tha, it is between us. You do not have any say in it."

"Listen dude...."

"How are you related to Vivek?"

Khushi looked up. Even she wanted the answer. He shared a lot similarities with Vivek. He may not look like Vivek but she could see a reflection of Vivek in him. Those eyes were the crux of it all. They were definitely related. 

"That fact that you had to ask shows that you know nothing about my buddy. I was taught not to talk to strangers...."

"But you were taught to risk your life for strangers?"

"It's called humanity, dude. I am done arguing with you. Bye."

"At least let me thank your dad."

"My dad does not need your thanks. Thank you but no thankyou" Vikky stepped inside and shut the door on his face, putting an end to the argument.

Khushi glared at the door, "That kid needs a good trashing"

Veer shook his head, "He is not wrong Ashi, I was taking a lot of liberties with him. We are practically strangers. He knows nothing about me."

"He does not look like a stranger" Khushi voice turned sad. Veer looked at her. He could see the same longing in her eyes. There was something in the kid that was oddly familiar. 

"He reminds of....."

"Drive Veer. I am not interested in horror stories. Bad for my appetite."

"Dude she is bad for our appetite" Vish shook his head disgusted. The lady infuriated him for no reason. "What it with her attitude?"

"Chup kar" Vibha whacked him, "She helped the boy."

"She insulted him dude. Bhere hai kya? That is not help that is....."

"She understood his fear, Vish" Vikky cut him off gently, "Everyone has a different way of showing concern. When we get hurt dad pampers us, he panics. He cannot handle a scratch on us. What does mom do?"

Vish rolled his eyes, his mom dressed their scrapes and send them on their way. She always told them that scrapes and falls were part of growing up. She felt the mollycoddling to their dad.

"Does she let us get away with skipping medicines? Does she give us leverage to sideline our health?"

Vikky shook her head.

"Does that make her a bad person?"

"Come on big-b. we are taking about mumma here. She is an angel. She will never dare talk to anyone like that." Vibha argued.

"I agree" Vish chimed in, "Don't compare mumma to the Ice-queen. She is the de...."

"Don't Vish. Never judge a person so harshly" Vikky cut him off gently, "We do not know what she went though. She lost her child very early in life. A pain like that makes a person bitter. You are only seeing her attitude, the boy did too. The truth was far different."

"I am not interested in ice-queen and her attitude, big-b. Tell me about the Prince. How did he react when he find out about the boys injury?"

Vikky cringed as he membered the next few days of his life. He would not wish it on his worst enemy.

"If the prince is anything like dad, the brat is in for a ride." Vish's eyes glinted. "Remember when we got typhoid?"  Vish nudged Vibha. His twin cringed. Their dad had practically restrained them on bed. They could not step down without him blowing a gasket. Even after they recovered he refused to send them school or step outside the house. His big-b sneaked them out once, when their dad found out about it he nearly belted him. If their mom had not intervened and threated him to throw him out of the house if he did not stop behaving like a moron, their big-b would have been done for life.

"Was it that bad?" Vibha looked at Vikky. For some reason that excited her. She was coming to love that brat, which meant she wanted him to be happy but she also wanted him to share their consequences. Why should he be exempt from the tyranny just because he was the Prince's first born?

"It was worse" Vikky answered with a sigh, recalling the next few days of his life. 

Once he stepped into the house he rushed to his room to check himself in the mirror. The bloodied tee-shirt looked scary. He got rid of it immediately and cleaned himself. He looked fine but the bandage looked bad. His buddy would take one look at it and blow a gasket. He grabbed a beanie from the closet and wore it on his head. It covered everything perfectly. He smiled in relief and reached for a scarf. He could play the cold card. His buddy would still fuss but that would be far less in comparison.

He was going to greet his pops when his phone buzzed. He saw The Soul Mate number and picked it up immediately.

"Vikram?" Sadhna's gentle voice came though.

"Yes, Miss Roy" Vikky heart raced. He was not expecting her to call so soon.

"Hey, I was going though your dad's form and I think I found someone your dad would be interested in. She is a Vet, has her own clinic here."

"Little paws?" Vikky asked.

"Yes, you know about it?"

"Yes, my friends visit their often with their pets. Its very popular in the city, oncourse its the only vet clinic in town. But I was under the assumption the it is run by a man?"

"It was, his daughter took over recently. She came back from the states. A very sweet and gentle lady. His dad sent her his profile. I will sent it to your dad's mail. Ask him to check it once. I have been trying to reach him...."

"He must be in the kitchen. He will get back to you as soon as the service ends. Thank you so much for working so fast. When can buddy meet her? Tomorrow is sunday. The cafe shuts down at 2. Can they meet in the evening? That sexy Italian restaurant that opened last month. It is great. I will reserve a table there. They can...."

"Vikram slow down please"

Vikky sighed as he sat down on the bed, "I am so excited Miss Roy....."

"I understand Vikram..."

"Call me Vikky, you going to help my dad find his happiness. That makes you my friend. All my friends call me Vikky"

"I am happy to help Vikky, but there is something your dad needs to know about this lady, Avni Sharma is an amazing woman but she is a divorcee. He that is something that your dad is not comfortable with, I can look for...."

"why did she divorce Miss Roy?"

"That is not my story to tell Vikky. If your dad wants to meet her, I can arrange for the meet. I have sent your dad's profile to the family, they have already given their go ahead."

"They know about me?"

"Ofcouse they do, Vikky. Complete honesty is a must in any relationship. I have sent all the details in the file. She is okay with it and wants to meet your dad, if he has no objections. I can arrange for the meeting...."

"Can it happen in the Italian Restaurant? Dad really loves Italian food and the ambience is fab"

"Okay Vikky. I will let you take care of the meeting. Once I get back from your dad, I will give Avni the details for the meeting. After that it is completely upto them."

"You are an angel, Miss Roy. My very own angel. Thank you for everything. This means a lot."

"Don't be so excited Vikky" Sadhna cautioned, "They have not met yet, first they have to talk to each other, understand each other. A meeting does not mean marriage. Don't put your hopes up."

"I have a feeling that she would be my dad's bride, Miss Roy. My gut cannot be wrong"

"Vikky....."

"Okay, okay, I will not put up my hopes, but I can alwyas hope right? I want dad to be happy."

"Jiske paas itna pyara beta ho, woh insaan humesha khush he rahegana, Vikky. You are your dad's happiness. Remember that always."

"Why are you taken Miss Roy, you would have made the perfect bride for my dad. Why is life so unfair man" He blurted out without thinking. Sadhna did not respond. Vikky felt like kicking himslef for his stupidty.

"Sorry Miss Roy, I...."

"No every one is cut out to be a wife, Vikky. Trust me I am no bride material. That is why I make the perfect match maker. Now make sure your dad goes though the profile and then get back to me. Okay?"

"Done"

Vikky disconneted the call and did a quick victory dance. He rushed out to tell his pops. He was going to his pops room when he saw the inhouse puja mandir. He removed his slippers and went inside. His grandmother alwyas told him that if you wished something from the god sincerely he alwyas fulfilled your wishes. He grew up believing it. Vikky lighted the dia and joined his hands, "Please god, Avniji ko mere dad ke dulhaan banado, mughe aur kuch nehi chaye. Main aapse kuch aur nehi mangunga sache"

"Is baar kya chaye nawab sahab ko?"

His buddy's voice startled him. Vikky turned back in shock. He was not expecting him so soon. He rushed to hug him.

"Itne jaldi aa gaye aap, buddy? woh bhi Saturday ko?"

Vivek caressed his face gently. He had been feeling restless the whole afternoon. he had tried calling Vikky several times but the number was not reachable. He came back home because he was not able to pay attention at work.

"Tu itne jaldi kaise aa gaya bacha? Mughe laga mughe waha ake tughe zabardasti ghar lana hoga"

Vikky huffed, "Kya hai aapka, humesha bas mere buraye karte rehte ho. Kab aya main late se?"

"Last time?"

"That was a one off thing..."

"The time before that?"

"Arjun fell sick..."

"Before that?"

"We got caught up in discussion...."

"Uske pehle...."

"Can you stop being mean, buddy? This is not done. You never remember the times i come back home on time. Like today."

Vivek smiled and pulled him into a one handed hug, "Chal mazak kar raha tha. Kyun itne jaldi wapes aa gaya? Movie to saat baje khatam hote hai na?"

"Haan bas movie boring the to wapes aa gaya. Aap batao aap kyun aa gaye itne jaldi wapes?"

Vivek removed his coat and hung it to the court rack. Everything in their home was meticulously organized, not because any one had an OCD. but their schedules forced them to stay organized. Vikky often got away with dumping things around, but Vivek always picked after him. As he grew up Vikky realized that he was increasing work for his buddy, so he learned to pick after himself. Sometimes he still plates at the sink but he was a teenager, no one expected him to perfect. So when Vivek saw Vikky's court on the couch he picked it up without complaint.

"Main kar dunga, buddy" Vikky reached for the coat.

"Its ok, bacha. Go sit, I will make some hot chocolate. what do you want for dinner?" Vivek hung the coat in the rack.

"Pasta" Vikky answered without hesitation, "With a lot of mushrooms and olives, oh don't forget the smoked chicken"

"Anything else sir?" Vivek smiled, but the smile faded away when he saw the blood stains on the coat.

"Abhi ke leye itna chalega, jaldi se banado buddy bohot bhook lage hai......." He trailed off as his buddy turned towards him. "Kya hua? Aap aise kya dekh rahe ho?"

"Why does your jacket have blood stains?"

Vikky felt like kicking himself. he should have gotten rid of the jacket first. Vivek approached him, vikky looked away. He had already lied once, if his buddy found out about it he would be in big trouble."

"Kuch poocha maine Vikky, why is there blood on your jacket?"

"It's nothing dad....."

"Why are you wearing a beanie and scarf at home?"

"Sardi...." He stopped when vivek pulled back his beanie. His gasp said it all.

"It's nothing dad...."

"Kaise hua yeh?" Vivek panicked. He held his hand and made him sit, "Itne bade chot kaise laga le tune? Aur bataya kyun nehi?"

"Kuch nehi hua dad" Vikky held his hand and tried to calm him down, "It does not even hurt. aap bekar me pareshaan ho rahe ho. Please relax"

"You want me to relax?" Vivek's eyes glinted. "You got hurt and you want me to chill?"

Vikky flinched. Vikek had not realized that he had raised his voice in anger. Vedant rushed out of the room. He was surprised to hear raised voices at their home.

"Kya hua Vivek, kyun chilla raha hai bache pe?"

"Dekho kya keya aapke bache ne" Vivek got up upset, "He got hurt and he did not inform me"

Vedath looked at Vikky who gave him an imploring look. Vedant like vivek could only focus on the injury.

"Itne chot kaise laga le bacha? Kaise hua yeh sab?" He rushed to check on him. He touched his bandaged head with gentle hands. Vikky winced in pain. 

"Kya hua?" Vivek crossed the distance between them in a second and held Vikky gently, "Dard ho raha hai? doctor ke paas chale?"

Vikky shook his head but did not dare speak a word. he did not wish to make his buddy angry or upset.

"Are you sure bacha? Chot bohot gehre aye hai, Main doctor ko...."

"I went to the doctor dad. He told me everything is fine...."

"You went to the doctor?" 

Vikky looked down and nodded his head.

"Then why did you not call me?"

"Aap pareshaan ho jatey na dad....." Vivek raised his hand in anger, Vikky flinched, but Vedanth stopped him before Vivek could do something he would regret later.

"Use pehle se chot aye hai, Vivek. Kya kar raha hai"

"Wahe jo karna chaye dad. How dare he keep something like this from me. He got hurt, and insted of calling me he runs away to the doctor on his own, main mar gaya kya?"

"Dad" Vikky's gasped as his eyes filled up.

"Kya dad, vikky, you were injured, you were supposed to inform...."

"Haan to gaya mughse stupidty" Vikky wiped his eyes furiously, his buddy's statement made him mad, "Gussa ho na to daat lo, tab bhi gussa nehi kame to maar bhi lo, but you do have anyright to say that, dad."

"Vikram...."

"I have no one other than you and Pops. Aap nehi ho to main......." He could not even say the words. His voice was heavy with tears. Vivek realized his mistake immediately.

"Vikky....."

"It's not done, dad. really not done"

A stray tear escaped his eyes. He brushed it aside and waked away crying. Vivek chased behind him but he did not wait. he shut the door on his father face and refused to open it. Vivek might not have meant the words but it cut him deep. he had no one else other than his dad. If he lost him ever he would become an orphan. That was his worst fear. He hugged the pillow and  let the tears fall, praying for his dad's long health. At that moment he longed for his mothers embrace. Something he could never have. For the first time in 17 years, he cried himself to sleep that night.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

37.4K 2.2K 54
Prithvi Raj Sooryavanshi was aware of many things in his life. His physical appearance of six four height, raspy voice, and the long scar across the...
93.1K 10K 30
When a teenager is accused of murdering his sister-in-law and he takes the blame in silence, the entire family is plunged into a harrowing ordeal tha...
135K 7.9K 60
Divya Sharma, A sweet silent and a calm girl fighting with her own fears from her past. Her small family with her loving parents and a protective bro...
167K 22K 33
22 years old ADHIRA VATS, who's vague & intricate, too naive to deal with the cruel world. Getting married was never in her list, atleast not before...