Start of Something New...

By Engie_fangirl

William is a single father with two sons. His youngest son, Mathew is five years old and his eldest, Connor i... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Surprised...
Chapter 3: New Friends...
Chapter 4: Count On Each Other
Chapter 5: Alone For A Change...
Chapter 6: Parks and Picnics
Chapter 7: Beginning of Something???
Chapter 8: What's Yours is Mine...
Chapter 9: Realization...
Chapter 11: Surprise!!!
Chapter 12: First Step...
Chapter 13: Dinner with a Promise...
Chapter 14: My Support
Chapter 15: Sunday Firsts...
Chapter 16: Birthday Reveals...
Chapter 17: Sunday Meetings
Chapter 18: Are We Going To Do This?
Chapter 19: Good for Each Other...
Chapter 20: New Names...
Chapter 21: We Miss You...
Chapter 22: What Now?
Chapter 23: He's Our Son
Chapter 24: Maui, Hawaii
Chapter 25: It's Time
Chapter 26: Epilogue

Chapter 10: Sunday...

54 1 0
By Engie_fangirl

-William's POV-

W: So boys, is everyone ready for church! (He called from the bottom of the stairs)

C: Coming, daddy!

Just then all three boys came walking down the stairs.

W: Let me check you all out. (He said and the boys stood in a line) Everyone looks good.

J: You do too Uncle William.

W: Thank you, bud. (He smiled)

M: Are we going out for lunch later, after church, daddy?

W: No, we're going to come back here and cook together.

C: Yes!

J: That sounds fun.

M: It is.

C: Yeah, you'll see.

J: I can't wait.

W: Let's go then.

=After Church=

W: Okay boys, go change and then come back down so that we can start cooking.

Everyone went to their separate bedrooms to change and were all back in the kitchen five minutes later.

J: So what are we going to do now?

W: You are going to peel the potatoes. Connor, you're doing the carrots.

M: And me daddy?

W: You're going to help me with the salad and I'll do the meat and others, okay?

M: We first have to wash our hands.

C: Yep.

W: Okay, get on it boys.

Everyone got on with their assigned tasks in the kitchen and they were all having fun doing it. William couldn't resist taking pictures of them to send to Michael but the boys insisted on taking pictures of William to send to Michael too and he agreed. The four of them spent the next hour and a half making lunch.

W: Well done boys, thanks for the help.

J: It was really fun Uncle William, from now on I'll ask my dad if I can help him too.

M: Did you send the pictures to Uncle Michael, daddy?

W: Which pictures?

C: The one's we took. (He said as if it were the most obvious thing)

W: Oh... I didn't know that I had to send them.

M: Daddy!?

W: I'm sending it, calm down.

C: We'll go set the table so long.

W: Thanks boys.

M: You have to send them before you come eat, daddy.

W: I will, I promise.

Connor and Mathew walked while Jake stayed behind.

W: Something on your mind bud?

J: I just wanted to say thank you.

W: For what?

J: For everything, like letting me stay here and like letting me do thinks with you guys.

W: It's a pleasure, love. You're like a son to me so I do with you whatever I do with my boys. (He smiled)

J: Even punishments? (He enquired)

W: Especially punishments now go and help Connor and Matty.

J: Okay.

William smiled and then took out his phone to sent the pictures to Michael. When he finished he took the food and went to the dining room where the boys were waiting.

-Michael's POV-

Michael was in the cafeteria getting food for them and left his phone in his mother's room when the message form William came. Michael's mother picked it up and saw the pictures. She smiled looking at each and every one of the pictures. Just then Michael came into the room.

Mi: So I got a turkey sandwich for me and chicken soup for you. (He said without looking up)... Uh, what are you doing with my phone mom?

C: You got more pictures.

Mi: Oh, let me see. (He says with a smiled) They're cooking. (He says once he sees the pictures)

C: Yeah, I saw.

Mi: This is amazing mom.

C: So, is that handsome man William? (She asked suggestively)

Mi: Mom!

C: What I'm just asking and judging by your reaction, it is.

Mi: Yes, this is William.

C: I can see why you like him.

Mi: It's more than that, mom.

C: I know I'd like to meet him one day.

Mi: No, you'd scare him off with how forward you are.

C: I still want to meet him tough and those boys of his.

Mi: I'll think about it.

C: Fine but now, I think it's time that you head back to your little family... (She was cut off)

Mi: Mom, it's not my family. We're just friends with kids.

C: Don't interrupt me, go home to your family, love, I'll be fine. The doctor is discharging me tomorrow morning and my sister is coming to live with me anyways, so you don't need to worry.

Mi: Okay fine but I'm only leaving once Aunt Abigail arrives tomorrow, okay.

C: You can leave now dear.

Mi: No arguing mom, I'll leave tomorrow morning.

C: But the boys will be at school and William, probably at work by then.

Mi: I want to surprise them.

C: Okay, I forgot how stubborn you can be.

Mi: I learned from the best, didn't I?

C: Oh shut up show me more of those pictures.

Mi: Here you go.

C: But you have to admit, he is handsome right?

Mi: Mom... fine, maybe a little. (He says when he saw the look his mother was giving him)

~That Evening~

-William's POV-

William and the boys went to Michael's house to go pick up a few things for Jake. When William spoke to Michael that morning he said that he'd be coming back Monday evening or Tuesday some time, do they just took enough things for the two days. He told the boys that they had a few minutes left before they needed to go to sleep, seeing as though they had to go to school the following day. He phone Michael and all three boys said good night and that they missed him lots and William said he'd call back after the boys went to bed.

W: Hey, it's time for bed buddy.

C: I know, I just wanted to say that it's very nice of you that you're letting Jake stay here and being so cool about it all. You're the best dad ever and I just want you to know that. I love you very much, dad and so do Matty and Jake.

W: Really?

C: Yes, it's true.

W: Well, I love every single one of you. You three are the best.

C: So are you dad. (He says giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek before running off)

~Next Morning~

The guys' morning routine was a s normal as could be and they were all out of the house at a reasonable time.

-Michael's POV-

Mi: I love you mother.

C: I love you to, Michael.

Mi: You'll call me if you need anything, right?

C: I will but for now I just need one thing from you.

Mi: Anything.

C: I want you to be happy, Mikey, tell him.

Mi: I can't.

C: Take the chance my dear, just do it.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69 17 8
"I warned you, didn't I?" His eyes were glistening with anger, while they wandered between Dylan and I. I gulped. Even though he had warned me, I h...
120K 2.9K 46
Charlie's wife died seven years ago. His children have been his moon and stars since. Lizzie is a single mum to her twin boys. Her life hasn't been...
88.1K 1.1K 51
More than friends with benefits. Less than an official relationship. I want you .... BUT I want to keep my options open. Not necessarily for someone...
5.5K 325 9
Quinn has had it rough the last few years with his mom dying and him adopting his 5 siblings on his 18th birthday. His dad died 3 years prior. Miles...