What If..?

By JayCh1ld

Y'ALL MY OLD DESCRIPTION DELETED ITSELF SO HERE'S A NEW ONE! What if James never opened the door that night... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 35

940 28 68
By JayCh1ld

"I can't believe it."

"Our last day of Hogwarts..."

"...Ever!"

People around the common room sobbed and sobbed. They were to become adults now, no longer kids at Hogwarts.

"What are you guys gonna do after Hogwarts?" Ron asked Drarry while holding Hermione in his arms, who was crying harder than anyone else.

"Well, I was hoping to become an Auror, or the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor in a few years." Replied Harry.

"Same here, except I'd like to teach Potions." Draco said.

"I was hoping to be an Auror too," Ron smiled. "But 'Mione wants to be Minister, so that would be... Ya know."

"Awkward?"

"Weird."

They laughed, then stopped to look at all the people crying. Draco started laughing again at the sight of Dean and Seamus, but Harry quickly nudged him.

"I still can't believe there's a good chance we won't be coming back here," Blaise trailed over. "It's kind of disappointing."

"We all know you want to break down, Blaise. Come here." Pansy took him in her arms, and he immediately started to cry. "It's okay, dear."

Harry smiled, lacing his hand with Draco's. He looked around at everyone. Some were on the floor, others were dramatically walking around while crying, and some just stood by blankly.

Eventually, that had to end, for it was time to leave. Possibly for good.

Everyone went back to their rooms to get their trunks, say goodbye one last time, and then came back out and onto the fields of the castle.

They made it to the station, where the doors of the train opened for them.

"Are you ready, darling?"

"Ready as I'll ever be, Dragon."

They boarded the train home, for what could possibly be their very last time.

Who knows what lies in the future ahead?

...

"It still feels like it was yesterday, when you boarded that train for the first time." Lily greeted Harry and hugged him as she cried on Platform 9 3/4.

James stood by a little awkwardly, joined by Remus and Sirius.

"Mom—"

"My baby boy has just grown up so much!" Lily hugged Harry tighter, making his ribcage feel like it was about to crack.

"Lily honey, loosen your grip a bit, will you? He looks like he's being suffocated." James put a hand on Lily's shoulder.

"Mom, it's okay!" Harry's voice was strained.

"He's finally graduated! I swear he was just two and—" Lily sobbed even harder and squeezed Harry tighter.

Meanwhile, with Draco and his parents:

"My little boy has finally become a man." Narcissa said calmly, looking at Draco with a sense of sweetness and sadness.

Draco smiled, and opened his arms. His mother hugged him tightly, but not to the point where she was suffocating him. He was significantly taller than her now, he realized. Then she started to cry softly in his arms.

"Do you have any plans for your future?" Asked Lucius curiously.

"My only current plan is to get a house with and marry Harry," Draco smiled at the thought. "But both Harry and I are stuck between whether or not we want to train to become Aurors or study to become professors at Hogwarts."

"I'm proud of you, Draco. And I'm always here to help you if ever needed."

"Thank you, mother."

Narcissa reached up and kissed Draco's cheek, then backed away. She then looked behind Draco to the scene of James trying to get Lily to let go of Harry for a moment just so he could breathe, while Sirius and Remus stood laughing.

"Oh dear," She said, pointing her head in the direction. "Speaking of Harry..."

Draco looked behind him and immediately started laughing.

"Come on, let's go save him." Draco started walking in their direction, and Harry looked extremely grateful when Draco managed to get him out of Lily's arms and into his (Draco's) own.

...

"Happy birthday, Draco!" Narcissa said in a sing-song voice as she slowly opened the door to his bedroom, revealing both him and Harry cuddling on his bed.

"Morning mother," Draco yawned, carefully sitting up.

"You're officially eighteen now. Aren't you excited? You're an adult!"

"I suppose I am." Draco looked down at Harry, who snuggled closer, and he put a hand in his tangled hair.

"Be down by eleven o'clock, that's when people will start arriving."

Draco looked at the clock on the wall, which read nine thirteen. He nodded, thanked her, and she left.

"Happy birthday, Dragon." Harry yawned sleepily.

"Thank you, sweetheart." He leaned down to kiss Harry's head, which was now resting on his lap.

Harry looked up at him with his bright emerald eyes, and smiled blissfully when Draco began playing with the black curls on his head.

There was a sudden knock at the door, and then it opened a little, slowly. Blaise's eyes appeared, then the door opened wider.

"I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

"No, you're fine. But you're early. I thought people weren't supposed to show up till eleven." Draco looked Blaise in the eye and raised an eyebrow.

"I know, I know. But Pansy is downstairs, she dragged me here. She wanted me to see if you two were up yet."

"Well, we are. So you can see your way out now. Well be down at eleven." Harry glared at the man in the doorway, who shrugged and closed the door.

Draco laughed, moving his hand under Harry's head to lift it, then slid so he was laying down again. Turning on his side, he put an arm around Harry and held him close.

Harry, face now buried in Draco's neck, couldn't resist, and licked it.

Draco jumped a tad, obviously not expecting that, then looked Harry in the eyes, who was smirking.

"Weirdo." Draco chuckled and flicked Harry's forehead.

Harry giggled and kissed the spot he just licked.

"Now you're asking for it!" Draco grabbed Harry's head and attacked him with kisses. All over his face, his lips, and his neck.

Harry squealed and laughed, but did not fight.

Until Draco started tickling him.

Still laughing, he tried to make his way out of Draco's arms to safety where he could breathe. His stomach hurt from laughing too much, but he couldn't help that he was extremely ticklish.

"Stop! St- Haha! -op!"

Draco kept on kissing and tickling for a good ten minutes, until they were both kind of sweaty, and very exhausted. They were both out of breath, but were still laughing. Draco laid on top of Harry, his face buried in the crook of his neck. Harry then looked up at the clock, that now read nine thirty one.

"Should we go shower?" Harry asked.

"Well, have an hour and a half, so sure. Come on." Draco stood and they headed for the bathroom.

...

"Are you excited to surprise Harry?"

"With the present my parents gave me for my birthday? Of course!"

"Surprising someone on their birthday with a gift you got for your birthday? Peculiar. And odd."

"Obviously you'd say that, Hermione."

"What's that supposed to mean, Ron?!"

"Err... Never mind. But the place really does look nice though. Harry will love it!"

"His parent did approve of this... Right?"

"Yes, Blaise, they did. James seemed somewhat elated, but also a little disappointed. Lily was crying but said she was proud."

"Soooo... When do I get to kidnap him?"

"Not yet, Pansy."

Pansy huffed, and sat down on the nearest chair, folding one leg over the other and crossed her arms.

"Do you think he'll like it?" Draco asked worriedly.

"I sure hope so. Ever since your parents bought you the house for your birthday, you've been here renovating it day and night. That's a lot of work." Blaise stepped down from the ladder after putting up a banner in the main room.

"It's not much, but it's perfect for two people." Ron looked around proudly.

"It's not quite as big as the manor, but Harry should be grateful for it anyway." Draco hoped.

"Harry isn't as spoiled as people think. And you know him! He's grateful for anything." Hermione put a comforting hand on Draco's shoulder.

"He better appreciate it. You've been working on this day and night since the day after your birthday, so you've hardly seen him. Do you know how much he talks about you? Merlin... Filling in for you to distract him was not easy lemme tell ya." Groaned Pansy.

"Don't be dramatic! Putting up with you is much worse." Hermione retorted.

Pansy's jaw dropped, but not another word was said. They made the last finishing touches on the house that Draco's parent's had gotten him for his birthday.

Ron and Hermione we're making Harry's favorite treats in the kitchen, Blaise went to set up the dining room, by setting the table and putting up streamers, banners, and confetti, while Pansy and Draco decorated the rest of the house. Draco put photo's of his and Harry's favorite memories on the walls, and Pansy put glitter and rainbow decorations all over.

Once they finished, they sent Pansy on her way to collect Harry, which she was more than delighted to do.

No more then ten minutes later was Pansy pushing a blindfolded Harry into the house while twirling his glasses between his fingers.

"Pansy, where have you taken me?!" Harry demanded.

Pansy stopped, walked in front of Harry, took his blindfold off, then put his glasses on him and moves out of the way.

"SURPRISE!"

Harry teared up and smiled, looking around. He thanked everyone and ran towards Draco, hugging him tightly.

"What is all this? Where are we?" He asked with happy tears in his eyes.

"This is the home I've been renovating for weeks. That's why I've only seen you two or three times since my birthday... Sorry about that. But I wanted to know if you wanted to move in here with me?" Draco asked shyly.

"I would love to! Could you show me around?"

"I'd be delighted."

...
(2 years later. They're both 20.)

The November air was chilling and fresh over faces all around. Harry and Draco were taking a stroll through their favorite park, which was mostly empty. Both their faces were bright red from the cold.

They admired the scenery as they walked. Autumn was definitely shining through the leaves, the sky, and the wind. There was a bit of fog and a light breeze that blew the graceful orange and yellow leaves off the trees and to the ground, where they got stepped on for that satisfying crunch that never gets old.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Harry looked up at the partly cloudy sky. The rest of it was sunset. Pink and orange, tinted with some purple.

"Of course. But nothing could beat your beauty, darling."

"You're such a sap!" Harry nudged Draco as they walked through the trees.

It was growing dark, the wind was slightly picking up, making the temperature drop. Neither man cared, as they walked closely and kept each other warm.

They walked for another ten minutes, then stopped in their favorite spot in the park. They sat down under their favorite tree, and watched the stars, holding each other close.

"Shall we head back, my love?" Draco stood and held his hand out for Harry.

"I suppose we shall." Harry chuckled and took Draco's hand, standing up swiftly.

They walked a few steps, then Draco glanced down and stopped.

"Hold on," He knelt down as if to tie his shoe.

Harry waited, standing in front of Draco, facing him. Then Draco took the opportunity.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box.

Harry quickly realized what was going on, and couldn't help but tear up.

"Harry James Potter, you've been with me since we were only eleven. I knew right then I had a future as more than just friends with you since the day I met you. You've been with me through my darkest, and lightest, and I've been with you for yours. I want to continue being there for you, and I promise to comfort you when you're down, to make you smile, and love you forever. So, will you marry me?"

"You smooth bastard!" Harry cried. "Of course I will."

Draco slid the ring onto Harry's finger, then stood and kissed him romantically.

...

"YOU WHAT?!" Ron shouted in excitement.

"OH MY GOD!" Pansy cheered.

"FINALLY!" Hermione jumped for joy.

"Good for you, man." Blaise patted Draco on the shoulder.

It was a few days later, so Drarry had gotten their close friends and family together to tell them they'd gotten engaged.

Wolfstar were on the couch drinking wine, still excited but not surprised.

All of their friends were cheering and congratulating them.

And their parents?

"HARRY IS GOING TO TAKE ON THE MALFOY FAMILY NAME!"

"Narcissa, please—"

"NO, DRACO IS GOING TO TAKE ON THE POTTER FAMILY NAME!"

"Lily, come on—"

"FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!"

"NOT HELPING, PADFOOT!"

"THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT, PRONGS!"

Harry and Draco just kind of stood, watching, and laughing at the whole ordeal. But one question still stands: Who was right?

...

Neither of them.

And both of them at the same time.

A year and nine months later, was their wedding day.

Harry wore a white tux, while Draco wore a black suit. Because I'm lazy, we'll skip vows and all that.

"You may now kiss the groom!"

The kiss was long and slow, and everybody seemed to have disappeared during that moment. It was sensual, like no kiss they had ever shared before. It was truly magical.

Everyone cheered as they pulled away, with Professor McGonagall being the loudest and proudest.

"So, Malfoy-Potter, hm?" Lily asked them when she got the chance. Narcissa stood by her.

"That's right." Harry nodded.

"And that's Malfoy-Potter, not Potter-Malfoy?" Asked Narcissa.

"Correct..." Draco was a little suspicious now.

"MALFOY STILL COMES FIRST, BITCH!" Narcissa laughed in Lily's face.

"Damn it!" Lily handed Narcissa fifteen galleons.

Draco couldn't help chuckling while Harry laughed as well.

...

Harry collapsed into Draco's arms as they walked through the door at one in The morning after their honeymoon.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?"

"I'm fine, just think I had a little too much fun. I'm exhausted, but extremely happy."

"Let's get you to bed," Draco swooped Harry off his feet and carried him to the bedroom, lying him down on the bed. "There you go."

"Thank you, Dragon." Harry breathed a tired sigh as he curled up next to Draco who was lying down with him.

The honeymoon was wonderful.

They had gone to Paris, France. Harry's choice, of course, but Draco was happy with it.

They stayed in this nice hotel, visited the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower and other attractions, ate delicious food, drank at bars till their vision was blurry, (It was mainly Harry; Draco mainly stayed sober to take care of him) and just enjoyed the city of love.

"Honey?"

"Yes, love?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, my Harry."

It was silent for a moment, while Harry snuggled himself closer and wrapped his arms around Draco, and Draco did the same.

"Draco?"

"Hm?"

Harry reached up and kissed Draco gently, which made Draco grin.

"There."

"Goodnight, darling."

And with that, Harry fell asleep.

HEYYY!! Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting! Unfortunately, this is the very last chapter I'll ever write for this story. (I'm crying while writing this, I don't wanna end it😭) I love all of you!!! 🫶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512K 15.4K 63
"Well, Malfoy, you won't tell me, but I will find out your secrets." Draco Malfoy has secrets. Lots of them. Returning to his 6th year, many no lon...
1.8M 77.6K 61
"Do you trust me?" "With all my heart." ***** What if it WASN'T Ginny Weasley who sent Harry Potter a musical Valentine in his second year? What if a...
983K 30.9K 61
《 c o m p l e t e d 》 One late afternoon, after plotting with Pansy, Hermione and Ron decided to steal Harry's phone and change most of his contacts'...
348 31 6
This is a AU Drarry story. Draco Malfoy is sixteen years old, living with his parents and younger brother. Draco Malfoy, was blinded in an accident...