Chapter 16

(In this AU, no Triwizard tournament. Apologies!)

"Finally, back at Hogwarts!" Ron streched as he stood up from his seat.

"Come on, Harry. I know you aren't asleep. Get up so Draco can." Hermione lifted Harry's arm and pulled, soon giving up and dropping it.

"I don't wanna get up. I'm warm.." Harry grumbled.

"Don't worry, Hermione," Draco smiled. "I got this."

Draco wrapped his arms around Harry's waist, and stood up with him in his arms. Harry subconsciously wrapped his legs around Draco. It was like Draco was carrying a little child.

He had one arm around Harry, and the other had his trunk. Harry's face was buried in his shoulder, arms wrapped around Draco's neck.

"Aren't you embarrassed to be carried like that, Harry?" Ron smirked.

"Nope." Harry's voice was muffled.

"He actually likes being carried like this."

"Now come on, let's go!" Hermione pushed them out of the compartment, and followed.

...

"You guys are getting a lot of stares, are you sure you want to keep carrying him like that?" Pansy was following Draco as he strode through into the Great Hall.

"Of course I'm sure. I don't care if people are staring. That just means I'm getting noticed." Draco smirked.

Harry was trying not to laugh, which was obvious.

"I get to finally feel tall while I'm up here. Don't ruin it!" Harry looked down at Pansy.

"If you say so."

Draco approached the Slytherin table, and set Harry down before sitting down himself.

Dumbledore spoke his few words, then the feast began.

This was always one of Harry's favourite feasts since he started Hogwarts. It always felt so much more special to him than others.

After he ate, he leaned on Draco's shoulder till Draco was done, nearly falling asleep when Draco picked him up and carried him off.

...

It was early the next morning, too early to be getting ready. Harry slowly opened his eyes, put on his glasses, and discovered Draco was not in fact, in the bed next to him. He grumbled to himself, as he got out of bed, dragging his feet along the floor as he headed down to the common room.

He noticed Draco talking to Pansy, on the couch.

Harry just flopped down on the couch next to Draco and cuddled into his side.

"Morning to you too," Draco wrapped his arm around the smaller boy. "You're up early."

"Don't tease him about it," Pansy rolled her eyes. "This is a good thing, remember?"

"Yeah," Harry looked up at Draco. "You're the one who's been bugging me about it. Plus, more cuddle time before classes."

"I find it odd how you guys can confidently admit you act like this. Like some sappy couple that could make people sick. Most guys our age are throwing dirt and spells at each other." Pansy seemed partly amused.

"We're standing out from the crowd," Draco smirked proudly. "Stay jealous."

...

"I'm not really liking the DADA teacher this year so far. He seems great, really. But something is off about him." Harry admitted to Draco.

"Mad-eye Moody? I don't really like him either. I also think he seems strange, like Quirrel and Lockhart. Remus was our only good DADA teacher."

"Yeah. I can't believe he decided not to come back. Things would have been so much better."

"I know, but this year we're going to have to watch this guy. Who knows what he'll d-"

"Hey," A tall Hufflepuff, about the same height of Draco, came walking up to them. "You're Harry Potter, right?"

Or maybe he came up to just Harry.

Draco noticed, and put his hands on Harry's shoulders.

"Yes, who else?"

"I'm Cedric, Cedric Diggory. I'm in 7th year. Would you like to be my friend?"

"Sure, I'm happy to make new friends."

Cedric smiled, then waved goodbye.

"Be careful, Harry, Mad eye might not be the only one we have to look out for."

...

"I don't like the way that Cedric guy looks at you. It's creepy." Draco sent a suspicious stare Cedrics direction as he walked away.

It was a few weeks later, and Harry and Cedric already seemed close.

Too close for Draco's liking.

"I know it's a little odd, but he seems fine. I'm trying not to get too close, though."

"That'll be difficult, keeping your distance. He won't leave you alone!"

"Come on, Draco. I don't go anywhere without you. You'll be able to keep a good close eye on him."

"I know, but I still don't feel safe when he's around."

"Come on, we're going to be late for Charms! We can discuss this later and work something out." Harry wrapped his arms around Draco's waist.

"Promise?"

"Promise," Harry smiled. "Now, let's go!"

...

"I have a bad feeling about him too," Ron whispered to Draco. "If it makes you feel any better."

Ron, Hermione, and Draco were all walking behind Harry, who was talking with Cedric, to the Great Hall for dinner a few days later.

"He seems rather nice," Hermione smiled. "Oddly nice." Her smile quickly faded.

"Sh-she's terrifying!" Ron whimpered.

"Oh hush, you're fine." Hermione growled.

"S-see what I m-mean?"

"You aren't her current target. You'll live."

"This time." Hermione said under her breath.

"Anyway, back to what we were talking about. I have a very bad feeling about Diggory. Harry says he's trying to keep his distance, but it doesn't really seem like it." Draco sounded disappointed saying that last sentence.

"But see how awkward he looks. It even looks like he's trying to step away, but Cedric won't let him!"

"It also sounds like he's having a really awkward conversation. He doesn't seem very comfortable talking to Cedric, like he does with you, Draco."

"He's clearly making Harry uncomfortable-" Hermione started.

"-And you don't want that, do you Draco?" Ron finished.

"Of course not!"

"Then go do something about it! Go get your Harry!" Ron cheered quietly.

"Before Cedric does first.." Draco grimaced at his own words.

He carefully walked up behind Harry, and put his hands around Harry's waist. Harry stopped for a second, and looked up, relief washing over his face.

"Hey, Draco!"

"Hi, Harry!"

They smiled at each other, then Draco took Harry's hand in his and walked beside him. Harry continued talking and looked in front of him, while Draco and Cedric looked at each other with disgust and jealously lurking around their expressions.