Adhira~ His Second Chance Love

By writeranamikaa

BOOK ONE of His Love series<3 Adhira Awasthi A single mother and a nursery teacher admires the things everyon... More

Introduction
00| Adhira
00|Akanksh
01| Hello?
02| Plan
03| The birthday (part 1)
04| The birthday (part 2)
05| Mehendi
06| Wedding
07| Gift
09| Reception
10| Pasta Fiasco
11| Sick day
12| The meet
13| One day
Announcement- His Royal bride!
14| His caring side
15| The knowing game
announcement!
16| Intruder

08| Mr Jerk

1.5K 108 3
By writeranamikaa

Akanksh's POV

"Do I pay you to show your sorry ass to me for not doing your goddamn job properly?"

"Sir- N-no, we tried to get the lead-" sweat trickled down his face as he looked down, not matching my eyes.

Good, at least this person can do one job properly.

"Tried is not what I want! If you come here to just try, then get lost from here"
His eyes snapped at mine at this with fear and specs of anger but we both know that his fear is a lot greater than the anger lurking in those eyes.

The man did the said thing and left my cabin at once without any sort of argument.

"That's the seventh assistant you have fired this month Akanksh"

"He deserved it, Siddharth"

"Remind me again, why am I still friends with you?" I smirked at him as he sighed and sat on the seat opposite to my chair.

Siddharth Malhotra is my buisness partner and my best friend which I never admitted to him but he knows that I value him like my own brother.

"Anyways I did get the lead to one of the cctv camera footage at the warehouse but that bastard has covered his face with a veil so there is not a single indication of who this man could be" His face scrunches as he hand me the pendrive of the cctv footage he was able to revive from my warehouse, which was attacked a few days ago by this man.

I plugged it to my laptop and saw a man in the depth of darkness hiding behind a veil to hide his identity, slowly walking towards the main hallway. Soon after two-three minutes of inactivity, I saw a group of men that were stationed at the patrol duty were running off at the same direction but then all of a sudden the only thing visible was fire spreading across the whole warehouse.

Fire, that ciders the warehouse within minutes.

"This motherfucker" I shut my laptop in annoyance and ran my hand through my hair. " I can't wait for the day I get my hands on him" and no god will be able to protect him from me that day.

"We will find him brother, we always do" he smirked "Don't be overconfident Sid" this made the twenty eight year old man give me a full blown smile "Aww babes, I have you to protect me. I am invincible"

Do you feel shivers of disgust travelling through your body? Because I certainly do.

I frowned and he smiled like a fucking golden retriever.

"Oh and your reception suit has arrived so go get ready"

Fucking hell

✿⁠  ✿⁠  ✿⁠ 

"How are you Sidharth beta, why didn't you visit these past three months?"

"Aunty I had to go to London for some company work but now I would be the happiest if you make my favourite food tomorrow"

Cheeky bastard

This was a kiss ass situation involving My Mummy and so called best friend who is the one buttering mummy up to the fullest.

Who will believe me that this person is same supposedly cold, ruthless Mafia leader. He's no less than a teddy, that too a kiss ass one.

So instead of listening to their conversation, I went ahead to go call Adhira, who was getting ready for our reception party.

The reception party was organised so that we can finally introduce Adhira as my wife as not many people were invited to the wedding.

As soon as I was about to enter my room, I heard someone singing my favorite song.

So I opened the door to look at my wife, looking at the mirror while applying vermillion on her hair line.

So fucking pretty

Both her voice and her looks.....

Mann yeh saahib ji haan karta bahane

Naina nawaabi ji na samjhe ishaare

Dheere dheere nainon ko dheere dheere

Jiya ko dheere dheere bhaayo re saibo

Dheere dheere begana dheere dheere

Apna sa dheere dheere laage re saibo.......

Suddenly her eyes snapped at me through the mirror which grew like she saw a ghost or something.

"Your voice is beautiful"

Why did you say this to her fool!

"It is?" She asked me in disbelief as if she didn't know about how fucking beautiful her voice is.

"Trust me when I say that when I like something, I mean it" I came closer to her while her eyes looked down at the floor.

Upon reaching her, I extended my hand to grab the only earring she had kept on the dressing table, the one I gifted her this morning.

I gently opened its screw from the back

"May I?"

She nodded in approval, still looking directly in my eye through the mirror. I leaned down a bit so that I don't hurt her ear while helping her wear her jhumka.

She was so close to me, her smell lingering in the air surrounding us. She smells just like freshly baked vanilla cupcakes, which are my favourite.

"Done" I said and looked at her whole outfit for the first time.

Her off white lehenga had pink and blue flower detailings and had sequins which reflected in different colours when exposed to light. She only wore her nuptial chain and earrings as jewellery which made her look elegant.

Just like a queen

"Isme bhi aap kya help kar denge?" She turned towards me and held up some bangles which she didn't wear yet.

(Can you help me with this too?)

"Dijiye" i took hold of the bangles with one hand and the wrist on the other. Slowly i sectioned the bangles and started sliding them down her wrist.

(Give)

After her right hand, i took hold of the left one to do the same, when I noticed something. It was a little bird, i didn't realise that I started gently moving my thumb on top of the tattoo untill a hand grabbed my wrist.

My eyes looked up and met with the brownish green eyes I have become acquainted with "We are getting late" her voice which was like sweet nectar ten minutes ago, was now sounding heavy with emotions.

It must mean something to her so i nodded and left the room without uttering a single word.

Adhira's POV

"Your voice is beautiful"

He said that to me?

He said that my voice was actually beautiful?

I decided to sing one my favourite songs in a real long time for just myself. Before today, Aradhya was the only one who listened to me singing something to her.

But today this man heard me sing when even my parents didn't hear me sing for almost four years now.

Maybe if this all didn't happen, i wouldn't be here or i would have still taken up the offer i was given too but I guess this was destiny.

Why does every little thing of this man make me want to go near him. Near the person that makes me feel safe.

I sighed, which I am doing more than one should do and go downstairs where only Akanksh was waiting for me as everyone has already left for the venue.

We went to the underground car parking area which had atleast hundred cars if not more.

"You love cars don't you?" I find myself asking him even though I was the one who roughly grabbed his hand back in the room.

"Yes, these are my favourite cars"

wait what?

"You have more?" I asked him " I like collecting cars" his voice which held tad bit of emotion during our 'conversation' was now back to normal.

So I didn't say a word even when his car arrived and we settled down on the back seats.

The ride was rather awkward with him focused on typing away on his phone and me looking outside the window.

I so wish that I had some sort of time skipping machine so that I could get out of dangerous and awkward situations.

"Umm, you have a nice balcony and the swing is to die for......but everything looks plain.....can I pl-please decorate it a little?"

He is so gonna say no, what the hell were you thinking Adhira! Now he going to think that you are a psychopath! Ughhh I so wish (2) that i can just react to this situation by the facepalm emoji.

"Whatever you wish to do" I looked at him just to make sure it's the Akanksh Singh Chauhan.

"Can I maybe pinch you?" This made him stop type and look at me as if I was some kind of human posessed by a demonic entity.

"What?" Tsk, tsk, tsk

"Forgot I ever said anything okay! Thank you" ughhh awkward, awkward, awkward!

I haven't been this humiliated since forever.

"Hukum, we have reached the destination" with that Akanksh didn't even look at me and swiftly got out of the car.

Jerk

Then I started gathering my dress to get out but Akanksh opened the door from my side and held a hand towards me.

I took it gratefully or else without any support, i would have surely been the headlines of tomorrow's news.

'Mrs Adhira Akanksh Singh Chauhan had slipped on her own dress at her own reception while getting out of the car'

"Will you get out?" Akanksh said softly but the tone held annoyance so I quickly did get out the car.

"Listen to me, people will say all stuff of comments on you or me when we cross the media to reach the gate. Just don't react to it okay? Them asking worthless questions doesn't matter" sometimes, Mr jerk leaves me speechless with his comments or actions. This time it was both as he gently placed his hands on my waist and pulled me towards him.

I could feel my cheeks heating up from how close he was from me. How his hands felt perfect on my waist. How his perfume drives me crazy.

We walked down a red carpet which lead straight towards the entry gate of the banquet hall. The reporters and camera mens were all standing towards my right side.

Bright flashes made my eyes somewhat water and my brain go into frenzy, so much so that I couldn't even see anything except the flashes and hear voices....

"Ma'am why did you marry sir?"

"Ranisa, are you pregnant with Hukum's second child?"

"Is this marriage fake or do you really love each other?"

"Ma'am please look here!"

"What about your first wife hukum?"

The words were brutal and the fact that these people doesn't even care about it made it ten times worse. Why do people forget that words actually hurt more than actions which are done by them?

"Listen to me, people will say all stuff of comments on you or me when we cross the media to reach the gate. Just don't react to it okay? Them asking worthless questions doesn't matter"

I remembered what Akanksh said to me and just leaned my face towards his chest so that I can't see the flashing lights anymore.

But Akanksh dropped his hands from my waist and gently pushed me to his left so that now I am atleast hidden from the camera. His hand gently rested on my head and pushed it towards his chest, just like I did to protect myself from the camera flashes.

And right here in this moment I felt security, comfort and safe.

All the feelings I was yearning to feel.

Maybe Mr jerk isn't that much of a jerk after all.

✿⁠  ✿⁠  ✿⁠ 

You know, today is the sole reason why I stick to frictional men.

I feel heart broken and yet free at the same time? Ughh why are boys so confusing?

My emotional self forgot that I had to upload the chapter but I am uploading it atleast🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you so much for 1.2k views on HRB, means a lot to me that you are finding this story worthy of reading!

Do vote and comment because it will make my sad self a bit better🥲

I love you all so much!!

~Ana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 66.3K 66
Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete their journey from engagement to marriage...
49.4K 4K 32
Abhiraj Singh A 26 y/o man who is the king of Rajasthan. He just cares about two people his mother and younger brother and his business. He never th...
85.8K 4.7K 25
"The eyes chico, they never lie" ∞ Kriti Singhania, reluctantly returns to her homeland to fulfill her father's wish of becoming the CEO of his compa...
54.2K 3.8K 36
Ruhanika Thakur She was beautiful, kind and soft hearted girl from middle class family in Rajasthan. A sudden change of events made her totally lonel...