Fervent Bite

By A1op1n

Three kids are tasked with an important mission. Live normally as a student in the most prestigious school of... More

Golden Bridge
Pinnacle Of Dominance
The Angel Watcher
The Blessing In Disguise
The Fox And The Bear
He Who Observes
The Enslaved Child
The Watcher and The Pale
New Home
He Who Bore A Silver Tongue
He Who Gazed With Multiple Eyes
What It Felt Like To Be free
Hanlerk's Soldiers
The Two Leaders
The Day Before
The Calm Before The Storm
The Beginning
Dengson-Herjur Part 1
Akelqu-Jurga Part 1
Duene-Ordayiun part 1
Dengson-Herjur Part 2

The Menace, The Genius, And The Naive

48 5 3
By A1op1n

  The prestigious Cainlock school of magic and blessings remains a golden star for the continent. yet it barely managed to handle the chaos that goes inside that had been starting to spur within the months. The school students and teachers were wondering and even complaining on the acceptance of three students. For they had been a menace throughout the first few months of the year. 

  Every now and then, teachers and students would find them in places where they shouldn't be, trespassing in forbidden areas, and picking up a fight with other students and sometimes teachers. Over time, the most common complaint was "They're too dangerous to be kept here! Expel them!" Or "They barely have any magic talent! Why are they accepted?!"

  For Samuel, it hurts to hear that. Because he's one of the three 'Delinquents'. Living alone with them. Isolated from the other students as their dorms remain in the farthest reaches of the boarding school.

  He tried to fix his uniform. Making sure he buttoned everything, and his shirt tucked in his pants. He took the coat from the hanger nearby-or is it a robe? Without turning his head, he called out to someone, "Don, can you at least wear the correct school clothing please?"

  "Nah. I'd rather not." Donovan readjusted his wide-brimmed hat, a small bird skull resting on it as he dons a black and red coat, "What are they gonna do? Take my hat away? Take my coat away? I'd like to see them try."

   "Stop spouting bullshit Donovan. We all know you'll run away." A third boy enters the room. He towered over the other two boys. His shadow able to cover them in total darkness. That's a metaphor Samuel used to describe Gary. His unnatural height despite not having the genetics or being a basketball player is still a mystery to everyone. But Samuel and Donovan.

   "At least I use my brain instead of my muscles. Unlike you, I'm not one to be casually throwing people out windows."

   "Hey! I only do that to people who deserve it!" Gary bites back.

   "Did that one teacher deserve it?" Donovan folded his arms, "You straight up threw him out the second floor of the exam hall. No hesitation. Was that a smart thing to do?"

   "In my defense, he was bloody annoying. And you know we were suspicious of him!"

   Samuel sighed, as he took his sunglasses and puts them on his face, making sure it conceals his eyes, "Good intentions, terrible execution."

   "Basically, sums it up." Donovan said.

   Samuel brought up a point, "Now, if the headmaster took our letter with deep consideration, maybe we might not be expelled."

   Samuel had hoped that their information was good enough. Balancing the school life he barely manages to hold on to with his two friends proves difficult when managing the second life. His true life. The only reason he even is living in the school.

 Just as he said that the doorbell rang. All three of them turned towards the door. Wondering the same thing.

   Samuel slowly walked up to it, grabbing hold of a nearby metal baton on his left hand for protection. Before slowly grabbing the door and opening it, "Yes?"

   "Oh, hello! This is dorm number sixty-three?"

   Before him stood a girl. Black, curly hair slightly cover a lean, sweet face. With luscious purple eyes that shines like no other. A sweet and sincere smile rested on her face as she saw him answer the door. The other two boys seemed to have disappeared from view. What's the most noticeable about her would be the uniform she wore. 

   She donned a black suit with golden outlines as a uniform. With a six-button vest resting over her dress shirt. A light jacket over everything which is accompanied with a short shoulder cape. The three boys had never seen anyone wearing this uniform. Not on campus or anything. This was the first time they saw a student with this ranking.

   "Uh-Yes-! Yes, I'm Samuel! I-Uh...How may I help you?" He asked while he attempted to speak to her with a soft tone, even though that was one of his major characteristics.

   The girl giggles, before handing him a letter. Accompanied with a levitating box that appeared into view. An aura of purple magic surrounding the box, "Here. The headmaster had requested me to give this to you."

   "What is this?"

   "Don't ask me. I never opened it. And...are those two trying to hide back there?" She peaked over Samuel's shoulder. Taking a short glimpse of Samuel's friend hiding. Although, obvious, it seemed to be on purpose.

   "Ignore that!" Samuel quickly covered them, "I just uh...Never expected to see anyone here."

   "Oh, I know. It's with your reputation and all that. But I'm not too worried about that." She waves her finger, the box slops down to the ground in front of Samuel, "This is also for you."

   "Thanks..." Samuel noticed her necklace, and hoped to continue the conversation with her, even though he didn't even know her name, "Is that necklace from Lulkin's shop? Near Denmark?"

   "Oh! You know about this?" She held it up.

   "Yeah. I have a good memory. Famous shop. Quite rare to get a necklace. A ruby alongside with in fact." Samuel mentioned.

   "Well. I'm glad someone noticed. It was a gift from my mother when I moved here." The girl took a glimpse of her pocketwatch before looking back up at Samuel, "I gotta go! I'll be late for classes at this point!"

   "But doesn't class start thirty minutes from now?" Samuel asked her.

   "For you, yeah! But not for me! I'm Rovanne by the way, pleasure to meet you, Samuel." She holds her hand out.

   Samuel hesitated for a second, but he could see his friends encouraging him to shake it. And he does so. Taking a gentle grip on her hand and shaking it once, "Pleasure to meet you too...Rovanne. Stay safe."

   "You too! Bye!" She turned around and began to run down the hallway, making sure her skirt won't slow her down as much as she ran for her class.

   Samuel watched her run off for a while, before he pulled the box in and closed the door behind him. Donovan and Gary walked out of their hiding spots and stared at Samuel for a second.

   "W-What?" Samuel asked.

   Donovan and Gary shared a grin with each other, before nodding, "My man."

  "What are you guys talking about?"

   "You know exactly what we mean~ Keep it up Sammy." Donovan wrapped his arms around Samuel.

   "Guys! Stop it. It's not like that. I JUST met her now." Samuel held up the letter, "And we should open this now."

   Gary chuckled, "Ah you know how we are, sometimes, we see a girl walk by, and we can imagine our whole lives planned out in our head. We're just delusional."

   Donovan turned to Gary, "Aren't we all?"

   Samuel ripped open the mail, before he took out the letter from inside, "Who wants to read it?"

   "Not it." Donovan and Gary raised their hands in unison.

   Samuel groaned, "Fine...I'll read it..."

   He cleared his throat before beginning to read it, "Dear soldiers for Hanlerk. I had seen your methods for a while now, and I have to admit, are quite unorthodox. We can't have Gary throwing people out of windows and regularly destroy buildings, they're expensive you know. And it becomes even harder to keep you here in this school without being suspected. But yet, you bring excellent information. We had been catching more and more now, but it's still not enough. there must be more to it than just lowly thugs. We need you to dig deeper. And you had proven yourself capable of doing so. So today, I'm putting you into...The S-class regiment?!"

   "HUH?!" All three of them exclaimed in unison.

   "Does that even exist? I never heard of an S-class regiment. I thought there was only up to A-class!"

   "It does exist, dumbass. it's located past the golden gates you tried to go through before." Donovan punched Gary on the arm.

   "And I'm sure Rovanne is one of them." Samuel said, "She wears a uniform we had never seen before. So, it's our best guess to assume she's in S-rank. let me continue... We are suspicious about some of the students though. there have been too many clues relating to the red hand. And I suspect one or more students are affiliated with them inside the S-class. Which can prove catastrophic for everything. I need you to investigate further."

   Donovan turned to the box, before he held his pointing finger up, a small ethereal whisper escaped his mouth as a wind blade formed on his finger as he cut through the tape. Revealing three sets of clothing. Matching the same color as Rovanne's uniform. 

   "This time, I had the freedom to alter your uniforms to your liking due to the freedom the S-class brings. I know you three would like it." 

   Donovan takes something out from the box. A black and golden coat. Similar to the coat he used often. But with more golden embroidery and a golden hawk insignia on the shoulder. Under the coat, shin guards, and concealable gauntlets laid there. Waiting for their master.

   "I know about Donovan's fighting style. And about Mister Skorsson here."

   Gary looked over the box, taking out a black scarf with similar golden embroidery. It reminded him of an old game the three used to play. Warframe. The scarf reminded him of Excalibur umbra's scarf. And he thoroughly enjoyed it. Under the scarf, a  long sleeved dress shirt that immediately brings a sour taste towards Gary's eyes.

   "Just note that you can tear off the sleeves whenever you want. just know that it will grow back."

   Gary smiled hearing this. He usually preferred to wear tanktops, allowing him to flex his physique, but this can do well. he'd just have to get used to long-sleeved shirts for a while.

   "And for Samuel, you're a simple boy, I know that. So I gave you all some baggy pants. For easier movement. But for you Samuel, I had tailored a magical belt that will allow you to bring your weapons out whenever you want. Enjoy. Oh, and one more thing, as soon as you wear your uniform, get to the golden gate quickly. To avoid unwanted attention. Don't give me a hassle trying to convince the students about you being in S-class. Stay safe, Headmaster Avshino."

   Samuel placed the letter down, just as Donovan handed him his uniform. And the belt. Samuel took it and all three of them went into their individual room. Equipping their new uniforms and tools by the headmaster. This had gotten intense. The sudden jump to S-class might spike their mission difficulty to the max. But they must handle it.

   Samuel stared at the mirror for a minute as he dressed into his uniform. trying to take in the sight of his eyes. He despises it. Three pupils. That's hideous. And he's glad that no one other than Donovan and Gary can see it. He hid it under his dark tinted sunglasses. Before stepping out of the room, after placing his weapons on the belt, seemingly shrinking into metal bars.

   He's accompanied with Donovan and Gary as they step out. They meet in the living room, having most of their things packed by Donovan, "Shit just got real boys. We're moving up in the world."

   Gary scoffs, "if it means wearing this shirt for a while, I'm not liking it."

   "Bear with it. Anyway, I hope we still haven't forgotten about our mission." Donovan said, "Gary. Did you?"

   "No, I remember. Stop the terrorist group that infiltrated this school. Our target is the red hand."

   "Good Sammy. Continue with it."

   "Hanlerk specifically put us up for this mission because he knew we were the best. And we'll live up to it. Making sure to be able to balance school, social life, and our mission successfully. And then, eradicate the red hand."

   "Good. It seemed everyone remembered. Now, this is more difficult than ever before, we're surrounded by S-class students. People who are way stronger than run of the mill losers. But it's nothing we can't handle? Right?"

Gary and Samuel looked at each other, before giving Donovan a nod.

"Great! And keep up the act. And if we're good, we can bring pride to Hanlerk." Donovan made sure that everyone can hear him. The bags followed after Donovan as they levitated off the ground. He gripped the door, making sure the other two was ready. With three simple nods, he opened the door, "Now boys...Turn that frown upside down...for this is a wonderful day! And it'd be a shame to sullen your mood!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9 0 2
A group of college students finds a portal to an alternate universe where everything is magic! They learn about the alternate version of their colleg...
392 3 23
Three young adults are at the wrong place, at the wrong time as a meteor is crashing towards them. After the crash they wake up to find themselves wi...
79.6K 3.4K 31
You either become brilliant, or you get killed. When Alyssa was invited to a boarding school to learn magic, she was expecting something out of a Har...
2.2K 56 13
Seven teenagers are kidnapped to be experimented on. They develop powers and are forced to go to school, with others like them, to prepare. Prepare f...