After I Turned From O to A I...

By kipziart

As an Omega, Bai Yue is not only the dream Omega in every Alpha's eyes but also the thorn in the eyes of othe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 4

366 14 0
By kipziart

Due to Bai Yue having classes in the afternoon, he left early, agreeing to meet again after school. As soon as he returned to the classroom, Li Ren rushed towards him with tears and snot, exclaiming, "You're back!" Under his friend's tearful recount, he unraveled the whole story.

Shortly after being taken away by that group of people, Li Ren immediately sprinted back to school, intending to report to the teacher. However, he bumped into Shang Yu Fei. Uncertain why Shang Yu Fei was there, he disregarded it and sought help, feeling like he found a lifesaver. Aware that he couldn't be of much help and might only cause trouble, he stayed at school anxiously awaiting news.

Though not worried that Shang Yu Fei would be at a disadvantage, he feared he might have notified too late, and Bai Yue had already suffered. Now seeing his friend return unharmed, a heavy burden lifted from Li Ren's heart.

"Thank goodness you're okay," Li Ren, still trembling, patted his chest and nervously asked, "But why isn't your boyfriend with you? What if that person comes back for trouble?" Bai Yue shook his head, saying, "No need to worry. Those people should be in the hospital now." Li Ren puzzledly asked, "???"

The hospital's medical examination process was intricate. Until the last class ended, some students hadn't returned. Consequently, absentees like Fang Zhen Ren and An Yu didn't draw much attention from other subject teachers who turned a blind eye to the empty seats, being aware of today's health check. Other students, however, shifted their focus to another matter—Shang Yu Fei had returned. This news spread throughout Luo Hua College in just one afternoon, even reaching freshmen who might not have seen Shang Yu Fei in person but were familiar with his name.

During his time at school, Shang Yu Fei was considered the troublemaker by teachers—poor grades, forming alliances, and causing trouble everywhere. Despite the teachers' disapproval, he had quite a few supporters within the college. They weren't as concerned about the teachers' evaluations, simply seeing him as a handsome guy with a fierce fighting style. Moreover, he only bothered troublemaking students, exuding a particularly domineering aura.

Shang Yu Fei's fame at Luo Hua College stemmed from his A-level genetic rank. Despite his poor academic performance, he was admitted to Emperor One University, leaving all teachers astonished. Even Shang Yu Fei's class teacher, who initially lamented having such a troublesome student, later proudly claimed credit for his success.

In the Empire, military academies were highly competitive compared to general comprehensive institutions. With numerous colleges in the city, only Luo Hua College extended an invitation to Shang Yu Fei, causing both teachers and students to straighten their backs.

As the school day neared its end, the internal college forum was in uproar. A post titled "Shang Yu Fei is back!?!?" had garnered thousands of replies.

【#1231: Oh heavens, am I seeing things right now? Is Shang Yu Fei really standing at the school gate?】
【#1232: !!!】
【#1250: Ls' sisters, you're not mistaken; it's indeed Shang Yu Fei!】

【#1251: Who are they waiting for at the school gate?】
【#1252: Who else could it be? Of course, it's the school beauty, Bai Yue. They're dating.】
【#1253: Wait, they're dating? Explain this to me! Am I getting heartbroken before even falling in love? Qaq】
No one knew if this person's "heartbreak" was directed at Bai Yue or Shang Yu Fei, and no one cared; the discussion continued.

【#1256: Heard they dated for a while, but didn't they break up later? I'm in the same class as Bai Yue and never heard him talk about Shang Yu Fei.】
【#1257: Ls+1, I also heard they broke up a long time ago.】
Followed by a series of +1s and +2s.

Bai Yue focused on class, unaware of the tumultuous discussion on the college forum. His desk-mate, Li Ren, had his head hidden behind raised textbooks, seemingly asleep.

Seeing the teacher's gaze shift towards their direction, Bai Yue wanted to alert his desk-mate. Upon turning his head, he discovered that Li Ren wasn't sleeping at all but had his head buried, fingers skillfully tapping on the phone screen, engaged in a conversation with someone.

The teacher seemed oblivious to the situation, glancing briefly before looking elsewhere.

Li Ren typed with great force, each letter pressed firmly, his face turning red, as if in an argument. Bai Yue was curious and asked, "Are you chatting?"

Li Ren finally looked up, "No, I'm in a battle."

Bai Yue: "?"

Li Ren peeked out from behind the textbooks, ensuring the teacher wasn't looking, then discreetly handed the phone to Bai Yue, saying, "Take a look."

The phone screen displayed the college forum's post. While the title was about Shang Yu Fei returning to school, the discussion had completely deviated, now arguing whether Shang Yu Fei had a significant other and if he had broken up with Bai Yue.

While Li Ren had typed out a lengthy response defending their relationship, Bai Yue returned the phone.

Li Ren: "Aren't you angry? They're just talking nonsense."

Bai Yue commented, "It's so well-written, I almost believed it."

Knowing Bai Yue's mild temperament, Li Ren, his desk-mate and friend for three years, had never seen him lose his temper. Yet, it felt like more than just a good-natured disposition.

Despite the heated discussions on the forum, all the dubious rumors shattered when Bai Yue and Shang Yu Fei, oblivious to the chaotic onlookers, held hands and boarded the floating bus.

Classmates stared in disbelief, then dug up the previous posts, responding:
【Who said they were in a long-distance breakup? I thought I had a chance!!!】
【Ls+1】
【+2】
Followed by another string of +1s and +2s.

In the end, the thread was deleted due to excessive spam.

Bai Yue and Shang Yu Fei lived close, only a few hundred meters apart. After getting off the floating bus, they didn't immediately go home but went to a nearby market to buy groceries.

Bai Yue's parents were busy with work, rarely home, and they had a younger brother. Thus, Bai Yue took care of most household chores, visiting the market every two to three days.

The market owners were familiar with him, treating him like their own child and often giving extra vegetables and fruits. When they returned home, both of them carried bags full of items.

In the vast and sparsely populated Empire, even common people owned independent houses due to the inexpensive land. Bai Yue's family wasn't wealthy, managing expenses carefully with two children. Therefore, their house wasn't large but was bright and clean.

Two bedrooms in their home – one for the parents and one shared by Bai Yue and his younger brother. Bai Yue placed the groceries in the kitchen, checked the time, and decided to start cooking.

Taking off his uniform jacket, he walked out of the kitchen and found Shang Yu Fei still standing in the living room, seemingly lost in thought.

Bai Yue: "What's wrong?"

Shang Yu Fei turned around, "Nothing, just feels like it's been a while."

Bai Yue chuckled, "Almost a year."

Ever since they met in elementary school, Shang Yu Fei often visited Bai Yue's home, spending more time there than in his own house. Though they officially started dating last year, their daily interactions seemed no different from a typical couple.

Bai Yue still remembered his parents' reaction when he first told them about his relationship with Shang Yu Fei. They were shocked, asking when they had broken up.

Recalling the misunderstanding, Bai Yue couldn't help but find it amusing. He draped his jacket over the sofa and said, "Xiao Yan should be back soon; I'll start cooking."

Shang Yu Fei wanted to join, "I'll help."

Before stepping into the kitchen, Bai Yue blocked him with a hand on the shoulder.

Bai Yue smiled, "Flying on an airship can be tiring; go rest."

Shang Yu Fei furrowed his brow, about to say something, but before he could, the kitchen door slammed shut.

Shang Yu Fei: "..."

He silently touched his neck.

Bai Yue probably remembered the incident when the kitchen exploded last time.

Stir-frying was quick, but stewing required time. So, Bai Yue, having finished preparing appetizers, wiped his hands and walked out of the kitchen.

The hot soup simmered on the stove, producing a rhythmic gurgling sound.

Just a door away, the living room remained remarkably quiet. Bai Yue originally thought Shang Yu Fei would turn on the television, but upon entering, he found no sign of him.

Entering the room, he discovered a figure lying on the sofa, hidden by the backrest, which had obstructed the view earlier. The young man had his eyes closed, seemingly lost in sleep.

A fringe of black hair covered the furrowed brow, giving him a softer appearance. Unlike his usual alertness, there was a hint of weariness on his face.

Bai Yue opted not to wake him but fetched a blanket instead. Approaching the sofa, he noticed something fallen near the pocket – a small, plain box.

Extending his hand, he picked it up.

— A simple, sturdy little box, palm-sized. Opening it revealed a ring inside.

With minimal adornment, it exuded simplicity. Yet, upon closer inspection, there were engraved letters on the inner side.

BAIYUE.

Bai Yue: "..."

It was his name. His 18th birthday was approaching.

For humans, the coming-of-age ceremony was significant. It signified not just legal adulthood but also the capability to nurture life.

In other words, the awakening of pheromones.

The exact awakening time varied, not necessarily on the birthday, but it marked true adulthood only when pheromones were awakened.

Different genetic levels affected the quality of pheromones.

Alpha pheromones had a strong aggressiveness towards the same sex. With a significant level gap, they could easily suppress others with just pheromones.

In contrast, Omega pheromones were gentler and lacked aggressiveness, yet they were still potent. For Alphas, it was a seductive poison.

So far, Bai Yue's pheromones remained dormant.

Glancing at Shang Yu Fei, deeply asleep with no signs of waking, he sighed.

Bai Yue placed the small box back and covered Shang Yu Fei with the blanket. He then squatted beside the sofa, gazing at Shang Yu Fei's face.

After a year of separation, Shang Yu Fei appeared leaner, his facial features more defined. He had transformed from a teenager into a full-fledged adult.

Bai Yue recalled their agreement on Shang Yu Fei's birthday last year when they started dating. They promised each other that once they came of age, the other would mark them. Could that ring symbolize the meaning he had in mind?

Bai Yue reached out, gently lifting Shang Yu Fei's bangs, his eyes deepening.

Shang Yu Fei slept deeply, better than any night in the military dorms. In his slumber, he vaguely sensed someone approaching. The familiar and comforting aura kept him from reacting.

However, the gaze lingered and intensified. Shang Yu Fei forced his brain to wake up, opening his eyes.

There, he saw Bai Yue sitting close by, chin resting on folded arms. As Shang Yu Fei blinked, Bai Yue's light gray eyes curved gently.

Bai Yue: "You're awake?"

Shang Yu Fei raised his hand, reaching for the back of Bai Yue's head, grabbing a handful of the short, light gray hair.

"How long have you been watching?" His voice was slightly hoarse due to just waking up.

Bai Yue: "Just a little while."

Leaning closer, Bai Yue said, "Can you promise me something?"

Shang Yu Fei asked, "What?"

Bai Yue grabbed the hand that was touching the back of his head. Despite the rough calluses, Bai Yue held it to his nose.

With a slight smile, he said, "I want to smell your pheromones."

Author's note: Bai Yue: Just a quick sniff.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 7.8K 30
Hinata Harem Reverse Harem Omegaverse! Hinata Shoyo, 16 years old, Secondary Gender Omega, finds himself in the arms of handsome men??? His very own...
33K 1.4K 68
So, a *FengQing* love story, because I adore the chaos and desire those two are! ~ - Alternate Universe - Modern Universe - Soulmates Universe - Also...
215K 6.1K 68
Gay romance mxm (MATURE!!. Smutty) (NOT mpreg) ⚠️🔞⚠️ Kai and Shadow have been best friends forever, but not long after their eighteen birthday, they...
889K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...