No matter where | Woosan

By Vinetodine

Life could be a dream ----------------------- San is the best volleyball player at his university and well kn... More

Breathe
Live
Connect
Dance
Scream
Remember
Expose
Attention
Again
Break
Reveal
Taste
Understand
Step
Hate
Desire
Need
Fall
Pretend
Bleed
Burn
Meet
Calm
Embrace
Alone
Accept
Focus
Jump
Know
Drive
Drown
Burn Pt.2
Forget
Talk
Gossip
Catch
Ride
Settle
Stay
Kiss
Confess
No matter where
No matter what|AE

Sting

700 31 12
By Vinetodine

Wooyoung

Wooyoung smiled to himself as he slowly walked through the big halls of the art gallery. He always admired his friends and their very unique talents.

Back in the days, when Wooyoung and Felix weren't really close, he used to hang out with his neighbor Hyunjin allot. They would meet up to draw and drink hot chocolate in their favorite coffee shop around town.

Sadly, Hyunjin had to move away after his father got a new job in New Zealand. Their contract broke because of the different time zones and schedules but Wooyoung still had a space for his friend in his heart.

Hyunjin was very talented when it came to drawing and painting. Wooyoung always knew that his art would someday be recognized by the world and he was right.

The art gallery was huge. Many different small artists would get their own little section to show off their pieces. Hyunjin was one of them.

"I can't believe he didn't tell me that he's back in Korea"

Wooyoung came to a halt in front of a big painting, showing a large lake with beautifully drawn flowers around it. At the bottom right written the initials HH.

And even though he saw this coming someday, he still felt pride, looking at his childhood friend's work.

"It's beautifully done, isn't it?"

Wooyoung nodded, turning towards the unfamiliar voice.

"Do you know him? Hyunjin I mean", the girl asked, smiling warmly at him.

She had a very welcoming aura which seemed to almost immediately have a calming affect on Wooyoung.

"I do", he answered, looking back at the painting, "But it's been quite some time since we've last seen each other"

The girl hummed, taking out her phone to take a picture of the art work.

"Hyunjin is really talented. I met him a few weeks ago and he showed me some of his work. It's too bad that he won't be staying here for long"

Wooyoung frowned, turning his attention back to the pink haired girl.

"He won't? Will he go back to New Zealand?"

"New Zealand? He told me that he lives in Brazil. But yes, he'll go back in a few days. He only came here to visit his friend and for the gallery"

"Oh..", was the only thing Wooyoung was able to answer. For some reason he felt disappointed. Of course, they haven't been talking allot but Brazil? He felt like that's a little detail Hyunjin could've told him about.

"Wait, visiting a friend? Do you know who?"

"Of course I do, that's how I met him after all", the girl smiled, "He's close to my boyfriend"

Wooyoung nodded understandingly.

"My name is Wooyoung by the way", he then said, bowing to his new found friend.

"Pleasure to meet you, Wooyoung", she bowed back, "I'm Yuqi"

———————————————————————
San

Choosing between something you don't wanna do but definitely should do and something you really shouldn't do but want to, is really tougher than it seems.

This whole day, San had been thinking about Yoongi's party and all the things that could go wrong.

After Jimin said that Yuqi would be coming over, he immediately texted her, asking about it. Since she had actively ignored his text though, he now has no idea if that was actually happening.

Yoongi was right when he said that San should show up. He's part of the team after all. And seriously speaking, San actually found the older to be really nice and chill to be around.

"I honestly don't think she's gonna show up", Ryujin said over the phone, "Not after what you've done"

San sighed, rolling over in his comfortable bed, "You know her. She always comes back to me. I could probably kill her dog and she'd be like Awww don'y worry Sannie Oppa, I'll buy a new one"

"I don't get why you guys don't just break up already? You obviously don't even like her"

San hummed.

"It's not exactly easy to break up with someone you've been dating for over 5 years. I've gotten so used to her"

"Yeah, so used to her that you've cheated with at least 10 different people"

"Please Ji, don't tell me you actually believe that she has been loyal all these years. Especially after she moved"

He heard his best friend sigh on the other end, seeming to agree with his statement.

"You should end it. Please stop forcing yourself to do things you don't want. I don't think all of this is good for you"

"You know I can't do that"

"But San you-"

"There's no need for us to have this conversation again."

"But we should! You can't just accept it becau-"

"Ryujin!", San's voice cracked,
"Sorry. Ji. Please"

The line went quiet.

"Alright, fine. Maybe she won't show up anyway"

San let out a quiet breath, glad that Ryujin had dropped the topic.

"I'm gonna tell Yoongi that I'll be present tomorrow. Maybe I can convince Seonghwa to do a costume with me"

The friends said their goodbyes and hung up shortly after.

San sighed, rubbing his eyebrows in distress.

He also didn't believe that Yuqi would actually show up without telling him about it but somewhere deep inside he still felt some kind of unsettling feeling.

Him and Yuqi weren't in love and everyone around them knew that.

Still, they can't seem to let the other go. Not after everything they have been going through together. Not after all the horrible memories they share. Not after all the trauma that connects them.

San hated her.

San hated the way she reminds him of what happened.

San hated that he sees her in everything.

In Hyunjins paintings, in the way the crowd applauds after a match point, in the sky, in the music he listens to after practice,
in Wooyoung...

Still, he was sure that she was the person he'll end up marrying.

Not because he loves her.
Not because she loves him.
But because the universe decided that they will be connected till their last breath.

And that connection could never be forgotten, no matter how hard San tries.

And oh, how hard he tried.

——————————————————————
Wooyoung

"Why the fuck do you live in Brazil?", Wooyoung playfully yelled at his friend, keeping a big smile on his face.

Hyunjin chuckled, taking a sip of his coffee.

After Wooyoungs encounter with Yuqi, he had immediately called Hyunjin to ask him for a meeting.

To his surprise, Hyunjin was actually free and so they decided to meet up at the Benchers coffee shop in Wooyoungs University.

"Brazil is beautiful. Full of art. Even the people look like art if I'm being honest"

Wooyoung smiled at his friend. He was so happy for him, so proud that he is able to live the life he always wanted when they were kids.

"I also met the love of my life there", Hyunjin smiled, "She's a huge inspiration for my work. I'm so glad that we've met"

Wooyoungs eyes lit up in admiration, "Really? I'm so happy for you!"

Hyunjin nodded, swirling the straw around his drink, "What about you? Any luck in love, Woo?"

Wooyoung almost snorted at that, looking rather amused by the question.

"Yeah, no, it's really all over the place to be honest", he answered, "There's one guy on the volleyball team, San. Him and I have some kind of thing going on at the moment. I'm not sure where I'm going with this but I really hope he'll take me to bed soon"

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow, "San?"

Wooyoung nodded, tilting his head, "You know him?"

"I- Big guy, bleached hair, kind of.. well.. Rude I guess?"

"Yeah, Choi San"

Hyunjin put down his drink, the smile he just recently had on his face slowly leaving.

"Why? What about him?"

"I came here to visit him, we're good friends actually"

Wooyoung smiled brightly, taking a big sip of his coffee, "Well great!", he said, "Ohhh, then he's  the guy Yuqi said you were visiti- Wait"

Wooyoung's expression went blank as he stared at the other.

"Yuqi said that you came for her boyfriend"

Hyunjin didn't answer.

"Were you only here for San of did you also visit someone else?", Wooyoung didn't wanna believe it.

"Their relationship is complicated, Woo"

A sting.

Wooyoungs heart sank at those words.

He wasn't even interested in San in a romantic way. It's not his fault if San decides to cheat on his girl, Wooyoung only wanted to get into his pants anyway.

Everything else wasn't his problem.

Not his responsibility.

Most definitely not his fault.

Why does he feel sick all of sudden?

"They've been dating for five years or so, but It really doesn't seem like it", Hyunjin didn't exactly better his situation, "But for them it feels like they have to stay together because of the loss of their-"

"I don't care", Wooyoung interrupted him, a little more irritated than he intended to be, "I just wanna sleep with him"

Hyunjin awkwardly smiled at him, nodding slightly.

Wooyoung DID care but there was no need to make things more complicated than they are.

He wanted to get fucked and he will, because he always gets what he wants.

San's private life was something Wooyoung shouldn't have to worry about.

To other people, it may seem like San was a bad person for cheating and only using Wooyoung but honestly? Wooyoung was playing the same game after all.

He'll use San for what he desires and let the other handle his problems himself.

No need to make this complicated.

This won't get complicated.

...To be continued

—————————————————————
Volleyball season is officially over!!

The story is slowly coming together and let me spoiler you one thing:

It most definitely will get complicated.

See you next chapter !!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 1K 20
Jungkook, son of a rich CEO, is an university bad boy and a bully too.The students and even the staff are afraid of him and his friends. He along wit...
261K 9.2K 37
Wooyoung gets a job at the most popular and expensive hotel in Seoul, where he meets San for the first time. San seems like the perfect man. He is ri...
171K 8.3K 75
[completed] When Jeon Jungkook, a college student moves into an apartment, he isn't expecting to run into Kim Taehyung, a famous model, who owns the...
51.7K 2.1K 30
Choi San was hurt by the one he trusted the most. After catching his boyfriend in bed with another man, San gets drunk with his friends until he blac...