Back To You (gxg)

By lroseman55

Still reeling over the mistakes she made at her old job, 25-year-old Jenny O'Malley is looking forward to a f... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16- Riley's POV
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50

Part 32

853 33 15
By lroseman55

The first full day of the work convention was, well, boring.

It was mostly speeches from leaders in the company that went on way too long. I wasn't sitting next to Riley during the speeches, but when I would glance over at her, I could tell she was bored out of her mind- but was trying to look like she was paying attention.

Once the speeches and a workshop we had to participate in had been completed, it felt like a taste of freedom.

My team decided to go out to dinner together to a saloon style restaurant in Phoenix- Hailey included.

"I know it may seem a little bit weird that I'm here," she said, as we all sat at a round booth that fit the 7 of us, "But I really needed a drink after this day."

Riley laughed and asked, "Even you thought the speeches were that boring?"

"Yes," Hailey laughed, "But you did not hear me say that."

"Hailey, I wanted to bang my head against a wall during those speeches," Riley said, "Saying you thought they were boring is mild."

"I'm sorry, but Riley is right," Danielle said, "Those speeches were more boring than when my dad gets into one of his lectures about money. And those are extremely boring."

"Well, team," Hailey said, raising her prickly pear margarita, "We made it through this boring day"

All of us raised our drinks, and we clinked them together.

"Tomorrow should be better," Hailey said, "It's interactive workshops, not speeches."

"That sounds mildly better," Marie said.

"Emphasis on 'mildly'." Riley said, taking a sip of her mojito.

Hailey laughed, "That's the spirit, Riley!"

After dinner and drinks, Riley, Marie, Danielle, and I decided to walk around the city a bit, as we took one car, and Hailey, Xander, and Tim took another.

As we walked, almost instinctively, Riley put her arm around my waist.

"Aw," Danielle smiled, "You two are the cutest together."

While I loved Riley's hand around my waist, I couldn't help but to glance around nervously.

Are people watching? Will someone say something homophobic to us?

Riley seemed to notice.

She looked at me and asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Of course," I said, "I just still...get nervous. Being affectionate in public."

"I don't think you have much to worry about here," Marie said, "We're in a pretty liberal city."

"If anyone says anything to us, I'll kick their ass," Riley said, "But still- I can move my arm away if it makes you more comfortable. It's completely fine."

"No," I said, "Leave it there. If I am going to be with you, I need to be able to show that in public as well. Plus, it's not like my family is going to pop up out of nowhere."

"That would be absolutely terrifying," Riley laughed.

When we made our way back to the hotel, I had a feeling that Riley and I would be trying to sneak into one of the rooms to be together. I had felt that vibe all night- and to put it bluntly- I wanted her.

"I may ask Riley if she wants to come to the room soon, if you don't mind," I said to Marie.

"I don't mind one bit," Marie said to me, "I was going to go outside and call Nathan soon. I know it's only a few days, but I'm used to seeing him like, everyday."

"That's sweet," I said, "I'll let you know when I text Riley to come to the room."

"Nathan and I want to move in together," Marie said to me, "I'm a little bit nervous, but I think I'm ready to. I'd also love to get out of my parents house."

"If you feel ready, I think that's a great step," I said to Marie.

"Do you think you and Riley will move in together one day?" Marie asked me.

"If it keeps going the way it is, then yes. I believe we will," I nodded.

It was definitely something that I wanted to happen. Not yet- it was too soon. But one day I would love to share a home with Riley. Plus, I knew she would be very happy to have a cat again.

"You knew Riley in high school, right?" Marie asked me.

"I did, yes."

"Were you friends?"

"No. We had a few classes together, but we hangout with completely different people. She was an athlete. However, I did have a crush on her."

Marie's eyes widened, "And now you're together!"

"My high school self is very proud," I chuckled.

"Was Riley the same as she is now in high school?"

"I'd say so. She was very similar. I remember laughing at jokes she would make in class."

"Isn't is crazy?" Marie said, "It's just crazy how things work out. I'm sure that years ago when you were laughing at her jokes in class, you never thought you'd wind up together."

I never thought I would wind up with a woman, period.

But I'm so glad I have.

I can't believe even just months ago I was telling myself I only wanted a man.

Before I could say anything, there was a knock on the door.

Marie looked at me, wide eyed. I stood up and said, "I'll see who it is."

I opened the door to see Riley. However, she did not look happy, at all.

"Can I talk to you?" she asked me quietly.

"Of course," I said, stepping out into the hall. I closed the door behind me.

I looked at Riley, and I could see that she was very close to crying. Her pretty dark eyes were shining.

"What's going on?" I asked her.

"I have to leave," Riley said, "I just got a call from the hospital. My mom has taken a bad turn. Things aren't looking good."

"Fuck," I said, "I am so sorry this is happening now, let alone at all. Is she awake?"

Riley nodded, "She is. But it seems like her body is just shutting down completely."

"Did you tell Hailey that you have to leave?"

"I'm about to," Riley said, "Fuck, I wish you could come with me."

"Why can't I?" I asked Riley, "We can tell Hailey that I'm coming with you. I'll tell her that you don't want to be alone. We don't have to reveal our relationship."

Riley looked at me, "Are you sure? I'm honestly not sure if I can do the travelling, and then going to the hospital alone...I don't even know if Brooklyn is there. I think she would have called me if she was."

"Let's go to Hailey's room," I said, and then I pulled Riley into a hug, "I love you."

"I love you too," she said to me, wiping tears away.

I had no idea how she was even able to maintain any composure. I would be a mess in the situation.

Hailey was staying in a solo room at the end of the hall, and Riley and I walked up to it. Riley took a deep breath, and then knocked on the door.

"One moment!" Hailey called from the room, and a few seconds later, and opened up the door.

"Riley, Jenny, what's going on?" she asked, and she took one look at Riley and asked, "Riley, what's wrong?"

"I need to leave," Riley said to Hailey, "My mom is not doing well, at all. They called me from the hospital. They wouldn't have if it wasn't serious."

"Oh my god," Hailey said, "I am so sorry, Riley. Let me make a few phone calls. We'll get you on a flight home as soon as possible."

"Wait," Riley said, "I want Jenny to come with me."

Hailey looked between us, like she was unsure for a split second.

"I don't want to go alone," Riley said to Hailey, "Jenny has been there for me."

"I'd really like to go with Riley," I said to Hailey, "Please."

Hailey looked between us again and her expression softened.

I wonder if she suspects something.

"Okay," Hailey said, "Give me an hour. I'll have arrangements made for the both of you."

"Thank you," Riley sighed, "I appreciate it, Hailey."

I went back to my room, packed up the belongings of mine that I had taken out of my bag already, and told Marie that I was going back home with Riley.

"Is it her mom?" Marie asked me, and I nodded. I didn't want to give too much away without Riley's permission.

A little over an hour later, Hailey told Riley and I that the company arranged a red-eye flight for us to go home, and an Uber would be waiting for us when we got to the Philadelphia airport, ready to take us where we needed to go.

"I'll have them drop us off at my house so I can get my car and head to the hospital," Riley said, "Thank you so much, Hailey."

"Don't mention it," Hailey said, "I just want everything to be okay."

When Riley and I walked into the hallway, I could just see on her face how terribly upset and stressed out she was.

"It's not going to be okay," she said to me, "The whole time my mom has been sick, I've told myself that it's going to be okay. There will be another treatment she can do. But this time...it doesn't feel like it's going to be okay. Plus, I've tried to call Brooklyn, and she isn't even answering me."

"Riley, take a deep breath," I said, "Let's take it one step at a time. We're going to go to the airport shortly, and then get on the red-eye. We'll handle it all when we get back."

"Thank you," Riley said, letting out a deep breath.

Even though I was supporting Riley and being strong for her, I was terrified for her myself. This really seemed like it was going to possibly be the end for her mother- and my heart ached for Riley so much.

I also was nervous about how she would handle it.

All I wanted was for her to be okay.

Please, let things be okay. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 7.3K 41
Jennifer Blake is a senior in high school, wishing she could leave and follow her dreams to become a music producer. Jennifer is a closeted lesbian...
61.6K 547 12
Danielle, a hired bridesmaid begins a 'fuck' spree with Molly, the bride. Danielle, finding it hard to resist the sexiest bride she's ever lusted af...
489 40 20
Violet lives a messed up life and thinks that she doesn't deserve anything good. Her bestfriend Katie thinks otherwise and tries to remind her every...
3.2K 40 20
Katie Simmons and her mother, a high school History teacher, have just moved. As Katie is adjusting to her new home and new school, she befriends a c...