An Innocent Crush ✓

By HiKaniskh

DHRUV SEHGAL, a twenty-three-year-old final-year medical student, is smart, good-looking, funny, sometimes ru... More

Character Asethetics
01 | Tuition classes?
02 | Sir or bhaiya?
03 | Greedy Monster!
04 | Scared of lizards?
05 | He's distracting
06 | I hate him!
07 | Her apology
08 | Clumsy!
09 | Is he worried?
10 | His caring side
11 | Awkwardness
12 | Why am I jealous?
13 | Kiara, Kiara, Kiara!!
14 | He praised me?
15 | Reproductive organs.
16 | The heart emoji.
17 | Periods and tests.
18 | Sonu & Monu.
19 | Flirting? Roasting.
20 | Trouble.
21 | Druv to the rescue.
22 | Icecream date.
23 | Mini heartattack.
24 | He's cute.
25 | Odd behaviour.
26 | Convocation Day.
27 | Heartbreak.
28 | The Vikram express!
29 | Last meet.
30 | Life & Asethetics.
31 | Sad reality.
32 | Kiara?
33 | Two hearts.
34 | First fight.
35 | A beautiful problem.
36 | Jealousy Jealousy.
37 | Feelings are alive.
38 | Late night walk.
39 | What the-?!
40 | Straight out of Bollywood.
41 | Tea & Snacks.
42 | Sameer? who's he?
43 | A clusmy moment!
44 | Everyone knows!
45 | Poor Arjun.
46 | Black belt Shanvi.
47 | Invitation.
48 | In love again.
49 | Mrs. Shekhawat?
50 | Confessions.
51 | Shanvi the Cupid!
52 | Unofficial date.
53 | First Kiss.
54 | Protective much?
55 | Hot temperature.
56 | Caring Boyfriends.
57 | Plan flopped.
58 | Shocking truth.
59 | Bestfriends forever.
60 | Lifting his mode.
61 | The plan.
62 | Arjun's reality.
63 | The Villian's Power.
64 | Betrayed.
65 | Mission successful.
66 | Efforts matters!
67 | Falling harder.
68 | She's beautiful.
70 | Love or Family?
71 | Love Wins.
72 | Roka ceremony.
73 | Haldi & Mehndi.
74 | Sonu Weds Monu!
75 | The Night is Young.
76 | Kiara's new journey.
77 | Epilogue [Them]
New Book!!
Playlist 🎼
New Book!!

69 | Graduation Day.

20.8K 2.3K 555
By HiKaniskh

Kiara checked herself in the mirror once more, adding a black bindi with a smile. She twirled in her saree, appreciating how well it suited her – Dhruv's suggestion was spot-on.

Her locks cascaded in gentle, loose curls, complemented by a touch of brown eyeshadow and a hint of glitter accentuating her eyes. A peach blush adorned her cheeks, while a flawless shade of nude pink graced her lips, completing a truly elegant look.

With a blink, she giggled softly, saying to herself, "today's the day," before slipping into her graduation robe. Clutching the cap in her hands, she exited her PG room with a cheerful smile.

She noticed the approaching auto and, taking a deep breath, signaled it to stop. "Saint Charles University?" she asked the driver with a smile. The driver nodded, and Kiara gathered her saree before getting into the auto.

She arrived at the venue and spotted her friends waiting outside the hall. Rushing towards them, they all entered the auditorium together. Despite scanning the room for Dhruv, Kiara couldn't find him. A sigh escaped her before she settled into her seat with her friends.

During the ceremony, Kiara noticed Dhruv taking the stage to distribute certificates. Their eyes met, and Dhruv flashed a smile before turning his attention elsewhere. As the event unfolded, students were called one by one.

“Ms. Kiara Tiwari.”

When Kiara's name was announced, she stood up and walked to the podium. Dhruv, already there with her certificate, admired her in the saree.

"Congratulations, love," he whispered while looking at the camera. Kiara, without a word, glanced at him before walking away, leaving Dhruv slightly puzzled, but he chose not to say anything.

At the graduation party, Kiara headed straight to the buffet, quietly indulging in the starters. Her mood seemed a bit off – first, no bouquet from Dhruv, and then Vikram and Reshmi running late.

"I guess I'll rely on food for company," she mused, taking a substantial bite of the aloo tikka. "Hmm, a bit bland, though.”

Observing others capturing moments with their families and receiving bouquets, Kiara couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment.

Biting her lower lip, she lowered her head, tears welling up in her eyes. "This isn't how I pictured my graduation," she whispered to herself, taking another bite and sniffing quietly.

Kiara stared at her phone, hoping for a call or a message from her parents but that never came, making her feel even worse.

As Kiara held back tears, a small hand gently tugged at her saree. Turning to see a little girl, she asked with a tender smile, "Are you okay, sweetheart?"

The girl shook her head, then shyly presented a rose to Kiara, saying, "Con-cratu-lations, didi..." The child's words warmed Kiara's heart, and she slowly accepted the rose.

"Thank you," Kiara whispered, her eyes misting up once more. She knelt down, placing a gentle kiss on the little girl's cheek.

As Kiara wiped away a tear, four more kids approached her, each holding a unique flower. The first one, a boy with bright eyes, handed her a sunflower, saying, "For the sunshine you bring to everyone's life."

The second child, a girl with a daisy, chimed in, "for your innocence and new beginnings."

A little boy held out a vibrant tulip, saying, "This flower is as colorful as your achievements."

Lastly, a thoughtful girl handed Kiara a lavender bloom, expressing, "For the calm and grace you have."

Kiara, still holding the flowers, glanced around the venue and spotted Dhruv, who was taking her pictures. Confused, she turned to the kids who had just gifted her the flowers.

"He told us to give you these," the boy with the sunflower explained, pointing towards Dhruv. Kiara's eyes widened in realization, and a warm smile replaced the earlier sadness.

The girl with the daisy spoke, "He said each flower represents something special about you."

Kiara, touched by Dhruv's gesture, looked towards him with a mix of admiration and affection. Dhruv, now noticing her gaze, winked with a small smile and continued capturing the moments.

As the children hurried off, Kiara noticed a group of elderly individuals approaching. Casting a quick glance at Dhruv, who was making his way towards her as well, she felt a mix of curiosity and anticipation. One elderly lady stepped forward, gently patting Kiara's head, and shared, "May God shower you with abundant blessings in everything you do.”

An old man smiled at her, "Hope your future is as bright as the flowers, young lady."

Another wise lady blessed Kiara, saying, "May you succeed and carry yourself gracefully, beta."

Surrounded by elders, Kiara felt a profound connection to their heartfelt well-wishes for her future. With gratitude in her heart, she humbly touched their feet, her eyes brimming with touched emotions.

"Thank you so much," she whispered, her voice a soft melody. Glancing back at Dhruv, who stood by her side, she found reassurance in his gentle smile.

Dhruv signaled her to look forward, and as she did, Kiara was met with Vikram and Reshmi holding a vibrant bouquet of tulips. In unison, they exclaimed, "Congratulations!" The joyous duo approached Kiara, who couldn't hold back tears of happiness.

Reshmi nearly tossed the bouquet in Vikram's direction, then embraced Kiara tightly, swaying together before stepping back. "I'm genuinely thrilled for you! You've made us all proud," she expressed before another warm hug.

Vikram swiftly handed the bouquet to Dhruv and joined the hug. "khandaan ka naam roshan kar diya, aur mummy se meko taane bhi suna diya, congratulations bandariya," he added, tightening their hug.

Kiara slowly wiped away her tears and playfully nudged Vikram on the head, "You're impossible," she whispered, before embracing her brother once more. Vikram grinned and gently patted her head.

Dhruv slowly approached, holding the bouquet of tulips. With a warm smile, he extended the flowers towards Kiara.

"Congratulations, Kiara," he said, his eyes reflecting pride and affection.

⚕️

"These flowers are beautiful, Dhruv ji. How did you come up with such a thoughtful idea?"

Dhruv chuckled softly, "Well, truth be told, I didn't know your favorite flower. So, I decided to choose a flower that represents something special about you."

Dhruv chuckled, turning towards her. "You know, dealing with the kids can be challenging. They practically emptied my pockets with their cleverness," he laughed, shaking his head.

Kiara joined in the laughter, then turned her attention to Vikram and Reshmi squabbling over the last rasgulla. "Come on, Vikram, be a gentleman and let your wife enjoy the last piece!" Kiara teased, earning a series of curse words from him. She rolled her eyes and looked up at Dhruv.

"What about the oldies?" she inquired with a warm smile. Dhruv sighed softly, taking her hand and gently rubbing it.

“I wanted you to feel surrounded by love and blessings on this special day. When I realized your parents couldn't make it, I thought of bringing these wonderful elders from an old-age orphanage. They were more than happy to be a part of this celebration and share their blessings with you."

Kiara's heart swelled with gratitude and admiration for Dhruv. "You truly think of everything, don't you?" she whispered, touched by the depth of his care.

"I just want to make your day as special and memorable as possible," Dhruv replied, his eyes reflecting sincerity.

Kiara hugged him tightly, her emotions overwhelming her. "Thank you for making this day so beautiful. I couldn't have asked for anything more."

Dhruv hugged her back, "you deserve all the love and happiness in the world, Kiara. And I'll always be here to make sure you get it."

Kiara, still in Dhruv's embrace, felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to find her parents standing there, their faces a mix of surprise and confusion.

“Mom… Papa…”

Her father furrowed his brows, then shifted his gaze towards Dhruv, who appeared a bit nervous. "...Dhruv?" he inquired, tilting his head slightly. Dhruv quickly nodded, responding, "Yes, sir, I'm Dhruv Sehgal," and extended his hand for a handshake, but her father seemed to ignore the gesture.

Kiara's mother, with a stern expression, asked, "What is the meaning of all this, Kiara?"

Kiara, took a deep breath before glancing at her father. “He's my boyfriend, we're in a relationship."

Her parents exchanged surprised glances before her father spoke, his tone firm, "Boyfriend? H… he's the same Dhruv, your tutor?"

Kiara nodded, her gaze shifting between her parents and Dhruv. "Yes, Papa..."

Her father's stern expression deepened, and her mother's disappointment was evident. "Kiara, we expected better from you. A relationship with a tutor is not appropriate," her father stated, his voice filled with disapproval.

Dhruv gently suggested, "Could we find a more private space to discuss this? It's a personal matter, and I'd prefer not to have everyone around us witnessing our conversation," his tone infused with understanding.

Kiara's father hesitated for a moment, then nodded in agreement. "Fine, let's talk privately," he said sternly. Kiara and Dhruv exchanged a quick glance before following her parents to a quieter corner of the venue.

As they settled into a more secluded space, Kiara's father folded his arms, his expression still conveying disapproval. "Explain yourself, Dhruv. I never thought of you as someone involved in a romantic relationship with my daughter."

Dhruv took a deep breath, his eyes meeting Kiara's with a mixture of nervousness and concern. "I understand your words, sir. Our relationship developed naturally over time, and it's based on mutual respect and love. Kiara is a remarkable young woman, and I respect her..."

“Your caste is different—”

"Do you still think of caste, Mami Ji?" Vikram interjected with a hint of anger in his gaze. "I married someone from a different caste too, back then you didn't say anything," he gently reminded her.

Kiara's mother, Mami Ji, looked at Vikram with a mixture of surprise and annoyance. "That was different, Vikram. Your situation and Kiara's are not the same."

Vikram sighed, shaking his head. "Times have changed, Mami Ji. We should focus on our children's happiness rather than sticking to outdated norms."

Kiara's father suddenly clutched his chest, a sharp pain shooting through him. He winced, and everyone around him noticed the distress.

Concerned, Kiara rushed to her father's side. "Papa! Are you okay?" she asked, panic evident in her voice.

“Papa!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 140K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
2.8M 128K 32
~Glimpse~ "Dusro ki Cheezo ko Lena, Acchi Baat Nahi Hoti hai Bai sa." She looked back and my eyes met those Beautiful Orbs, A small frown spread on h...
42.1K 6.4K 16
"It hurts to say this, but I think I have a crush on you." "Chiii!" "Exactly! That's what I thought. Chiii!" 🌷 Reshmi Thevar, a wonderful blend of b...
319K 20.6K 53
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 1 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 "𝓶𝓸𝓱𝓪𝓫𝓫𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓲 𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓪, 𝓳𝓸 𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓼𝓮 𝓴𝓪𝓻 𝓵𝓲𝔂𝓪 𝓱𝓪𝓲" ⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。 ⋆˖⁺‧₊˚ ♡ ˚₊‧⁺˖...