ℕ𝕒𝕃𝕦 π• π•Ÿπ•– - 𝕀𝕙𝕠π•₯𝕀

By -Mxgic

Welcome! Here is yet another book with NaLu one-shots! Have been doing this since 2017, and am very inconsist... More

Welcome!
Jealous
Cheater...?
Cheater...? Pt.2
Cheater...? Pt.3 (Final)
Jealousy
Promise's Are Meant To Be Broken
Broken Inside
Remember Me
E.N.D (But not what you think)
High School
High School <Pt. 2>
URGENT
Highschool <Pt. 3>
Bestfriends
Highschool <Pt. 4>
Argument
What a shame
This is so stupid, I'm stupid
The Truth
So you don't love me? (Part 1)
So you dont love me? (Part 2)
Soulmates
Not meant to be
Left Fairytail (part 1/2)
Left Fairytail (part 2/2)
Mister Popular
The Crown In the Stars
Forever Always
Silence
UPDATE
Jealous (re-written)
Jealousy (re-written)
Mister Popular (re-written)
Valentines Day

Highschool (re-written)

82 1 0
By -Mxgic

Hey guys! If you haven't caught on just yet, I figured I'd rewrite my already written one-shots but hopefully better. I can't help but re-read them and completely cringe at them -_-' However I was young and was learning, so it's very nostalgic to say the least. I hope you enjoy! Have a safe week everyone :)

—-

Lucy's POV

"Come on!" I yelled as I rummaged through my papers, I was attempting to find some notes that I swore I took for an upcoming math test. "Lu!" I heard the door open and close as Levy walked into my apartment, "did you hear?!" She sounded frantic. I quit searching as I looked up at her, "what are you talking about Levy? Is everything okay?"

"Lu its Natsu, he..." I raised a brow, "he's planning to propose to Lisanna." My mouth dropped open. He is planning to what!? They haven't been dating long enough for a proposal, I thought I still had time. I was foolish enough to believe that maybe, just maybe he'd choose me. "Levy what are you talk-" swiftly she pulled out her phone and low and behold a text from Natsu, which had a picture of the ring.

My phone then dinged. I quickly went to grab it and it was a text from Natsu, SHE SAID YES! Along with a picture of him and Lisanna, with Lisanna holding up her left hand. Levy must have noticed my distress, she embraced me in a hug as she began to apologize. I was in complete and utter shock.

I love Natsu, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind. I've known him my whole life, I grew up with him. We were inseparable. I didn't realize my feelings up until middle school, and now we were seniors in highschool. Lisanna has always been in the picture as well. In a way the group of friends I have now all grew up together. When Lisanna and Natsu began dating I couldn't believe it. Everyone was left confused and conflicted considering everyone knew I liked him.

At first, it's not like people weren't necessarily happy for them. But almost everyone thought that maybe they wouldn't last. I was one of them. I was certain they'd fizzle out, but two years and one proposal later here we were.

I began to feel my tears building up, and soon enough I began to cry. Why did this have to happen. I felt my heart break, my chest aches and my stomach churn. I can't believe it. Levy said nothing, all she did was hold me as I cried. It started off slow but soon enough I was in a pool full of my tears.

Something inside me broke that day.

—-

Life proceeded as normal. It had been two months since news about Natsu and Lisanna broke out. I was still not okay, but I was better. "We're planning to marry by the end of this year" Lisanna continued, "yes we want it to be intimate, something small."

We were all currently sitting outside, eating lunch. Natsu and Lisanna were talking about their wedding plans, while Levy, Erza, Gray, Juvia, Jellal, Gajeel, and I listened. Well tried to, I wasn't paying much attention. Not to be rude I just couldn't bring myself to, I messed around with the peas on my plate when I had had enough. "I'm going to go throw away my food, I'll see you guys later." Before waiting for any type of responses I left. Throwing my food away then continue to walk so I could get as far away as possible.

I ended up on the roof of the school, I sat at the edge as I looked up at the sky and the tears began to build up again. "Lucy..." I jumped as I looked behind me, it was Natsu. I looked away from him, "You scared me... what are you doing here?" He took a seat next to me. "Why are you crying?" I stayed silent. What am I supposed to tell him. I wasn't sure how to reply to that question so maybe no response was the best response.

He kept looking at me, concern was written all over his face. "I don't know how to tell you..." I finally said. I decided honesty was the best policy and there wasn't much I could lose. His face turned from concern to confusion as he thought for a moment. "How are you feeling? With your engagement I mean." I asked.

He gave me a small smile, "I'm happy." I only nodded. "Why can't you tell me? You know you can tell me anything Luce."

"I'm afraid it'll mess everything up."

"It won't."

"I love you Natsu." His eyes widened, I stood up and wiped any dirt I might've gotten on me off. "I've loved you for a very long time. And not just as a friend." He stood up, a small blush visible on his face. I already said it, I might as well say everything. "I'm not going to lie, the day I found out you and Lisanna got together I felt like my world ended. The day you two got engaged I nearly couldn't breathe." He stayed silent, but never averted his gaze from mine.

"I already know what you're going to say, and I'm not asking anything of you. I'm just hoping that maybe now that I got everything off my chest I can finally move on." I continued, "Natsu we can't be friends anymore."

"Lucy no, wha-""let me finish." And again he went quiet.

"I don't think it's right for me to pretend to be happy, I'm sure one day I'll genuinely be so very happy for you. I hope I can one day, but as of now I can't. The wound is still too fresh for my liking. I hope you get to live a long and happy life Natsu. Get everything you ever wanted." I walked up to him as I grabbed one of his hands and gave it a squeeze, "if anybody deserves that... it's you Natsu." My eyes were on the brink of tears, I gave him a smile as I let go of his hand. "Goodbye Natsu." I turned around, beginning to make my way back down.

"Lucy... why didn't you tell me this sooner." I stopped in my tracks, but I didn't look back at him. I was a mess of tears at this point and I just couldn't face him. "Damnit." He sounded upset, "why didn't you tell me sooner..."

"I'm sorry, I just seemed to never be able to find the right time." And then I left.

—-

Months went by, and before I knew it we were graduating. Natsu and I had not talked since that day. And I'd like to tell myself it's better this way, I still have yet to feel like it was. "Luuuuu!!! Are you almost readyyyyyy" I curled my last strand of hair and turned off the curling wand, unplugging it, I walked out of the bathroom. "I'm done, what do you think?" I wore a knee high dress, it was frilly at the bottom and hugged me just right at the top. "You look so pretty!" Levy cooed as she came up to me, holding my hands. "Are you ready?" I nodded, "ready as I'll ever be."

I put on my freshly ironed gown, and put on my cap. I was doing some finishing touches on my hair, makeup, outfit when... "uh.. Lu, someone's here to see you." Levy said, I looked in her direction and there he was.

Natsu.

He was in his cap and gown, wearing a tux that looked really nice on him. I blushed at the thought, I cleared my throat and Levy nodded as she stepped out of the room, closing the door. "What are you doing here Natsu?" I was curious. What could he possibly want from me? He took a couple steps towards me, "Lucy, I'm not getting married." My eyes nearly felt as if they were going to pop out of their sockets, "I called it off."

"N-Natsu... why would you..." I trailed off as endless possibilities began to flood my mind. But before I could even grasp a single one he answered, "because I'm in love with you."

He began walking towards me, Natsu is in love with me!? He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly. "You look so beautiful." I couldn't help but blush. I buried my face in his chest, taking in that smokey scent he's always had. After a few seconds I pulled away, keeping him at arms length, "Natsu what do you mean? You're in love with me?" He nodded his head, smiling.

"After our last conversation I was left so conflicted, prior to Lisanna I had feelings for you Luce. For the longest time too. Slowly I got over those feelings, or I mean I thought I did. But when you confessed it's like everything came flooding back. I wasn't sure what to do, but not long after Lisanna and I broke up. We agreed it was best since it seemed like neither one of us was 100% in it you know...?"

Natsu Dragneel was in love with me... before getting with Lisanna, what!?

"Nobody knows the wedding is off yet, we have yet to announce it but I wanted you to be the first to know. He gets closer as he caresses my cheek, he begins to lean in when I pull away. "Natsu... I'm flattered but..."

I took one more step back. "Now isn't the best time for me. I know you did absolutely nothing wrong. But the bitter ugly feelings I had are still there. We can start off as friends and then maybe in the future work our way up to be more. Until then I really don't want anything to do with you romance-wise."

He nodded scratching the back of his head, "of course, I was getting ahead of myself... well Luce..." Natsu extended his arm holding out his hand for me to shake, "Friends?" I nodded smiling. "Friends." And we shook hands. We began to catch up as if no time had passed at all. It wasn't awkward or weird and I loved it so much.

My feelings for Natsu were very much still there. But it felt like too soon for the both of us. It was so much information at one time that there's no way I could make any type of decision at this very moment, plus...

"You ready Luce?" He smiled happily, extending his arm once more for me to take his hand. I nodded taking his hand in mine.

"Let's go graduate!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4.9K 24
Note: Won 2nd place in Fairytail_wattys in Natsu category, and 1st place in Natsu- Best Cover. A compilation of nalu one-shots .. i'll update it when...
48.5K 729 26
Hello again! This is my second book so hopefully it will be better then the first one! Anyway this is a book full of exciting,heartbreaking,and fun...
152K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...
41.5K 1.7K 26
"So.." he began, shifting to look at her now instead. "Why'd you leave?" There it was, the question she had dreaded from the start. Lucy closed her e...