Unclear Future

By MichaelaRoan

A year after Team LIAC (pronounced Lilac) was made, Lukas Lavender meets up with his sister's team. Team TEAL... More

♦ Chapter 1
♦ Chapter 2
♦ Chapter 3
♦ Chapter 4
♦ Chapter 6
♦ Chapter 7
♦ Chapter 8
♦ Chapter 9
♦ Chapter 10
♦ Chapter 11
♦ Chapter 12
♦ Chapter 13
♦ Chapter 14
♦ Chapter 15
♦ Chapter 16
♦ Chapter 17
♦ Chapter 18
♦ Chapter 19
♦ Chapter 20

♦ Chapter 5

9 2 1
By MichaelaRoan

When Temp finds Lukas...

'Why did you leave them here?' Temperence signs, ash she catches up with her brother.

"They told me to work with Ivory so I did." Lukas mutters crossing his arms.

'Your partner isn't Ivory...' Temp signs.

"I know that, though Copper recommended fighting with Ivory more, since, that's the only time Ivory is useful." Lukas says.

'Ace is hogging Copper, he shouldn't be selfish. Although he obviously likes her.' Temperence signs, with a small grin.

'I let it happen it's no big deal.' Lukas signs slightly coughing, looking stressed.

'Ugh, I hate all of them! Except you.' Temperence signs quickly, as Aiden and Evan find her and stand at her side.

'You can't hate them,' Signs Lukas quickly walking towards his dorm.

'Yes, I can.' She signs, now in front of Lukas. 'They keep doing this to you, making you less you. It bothers me.' She hugs Lukas.

Lukas takes a hand and pats Temperance's head. "Sis, your team is waiting on you," He says then signing, 'Temp I can't be mad at them, I can only be mad at myself.'

Evan voices, "Temp, I think Lukas needs his alone time."Temperence flips Evan off before hugging her brother one last time. Lukas slightly smiling before walking the rest of his distance to the dorm.

"Come on Temperance, he'll be okay." Aiden says quietly. Temperence nods, slowly turning towards the training room.

At the training room, with the remainder of team LIAC...

Temperence glares at Copper and Ace. "Temperence, you can't be mad at them forever." Aiden says quietly, watching the girl use her fluent sign language.

'I can try.' She signs.

"It's not worth it." Aiden argues.

'Fine.' Temperence walks over to a punching bag, throwing many angry punches.

"How in the world did you get her to listen to you?" Lily asks a small distance away, as Aiden shrugs in reply.

Evan promptlywalks over with Lily to Ace and Copper. "We challenge you to a battle."

"Sorry guys, but We're tired we just got back from a small mission-" Ace starts as Copper elbows him, "We're actually fine it's good practice." Copper looks at Temperance, "Temp, would you like to join?" Copper asks politely sensing the girl needed some stress relief.

'Ivory said she'd practice with me.' Temperence signs looking at the blonde who was staring into space.

Ivory takes several glares before getting the point "I thought I wasn't good enough to be fought with."

'You'd be a worthy opponent according to my brother.' Temp signs. Ivory doesn't quite fully understand she goes to reply but Aiden interrupts.

"Lukas thinks you're a worthy opponent." He states, understanding Temperence.

Ivory frowns. "O-okay."

Temperence smiles at Ivory and Aiden.

"How about we evaluate each other? Instead of taking up two mats it'd save room." Copper suggests quietly.

"Fine." Aiden sighs.

"Then who's going first?" Evan complains.

Temperence sits on the floor... waiting to see so she knows which of her team members to take to the infirmary first, if it gets that bad... she then glances at Ivory.

Ivory raises her eyebrows, "I guess we'll go first..." Ivory whispers stepping onto the mat with Crystal Bell.

Temperence stands up, grabbing Yin and Yang before stepping on the mat. Doing an over exaggerated bow as if saying, "enjoy."Ivory still looked anxious like she wanted to get the fight over; holding her sword with both hands in stance hoping that she wouldn't need to try winning. Temperence twirls her double-scythe, raising her eyebrows. 'Ready?' Ivory nods yes looking sick. Temperence casually waits for the blonde to make a move. Ivory takes the hint looking unsure, she charges at Temp swinging the sword towards Temp's right side.To which Temp twirls her scythe quickly, blocking the blow, doing a flip over Ivory. Ivory twirls to block the next hit Temp made, almost falling over she jumps back a few times so that she's maybe a nice 2 to 3 feet away from Temp; seeming more distant as she does so. Temperence quickly realizes Ivory is exhausted, dropping her weapon,  she stands waiting to see if Ivory will charge. Ivory frowns, "I'm sorry, I can't fight today. I'll make it up to you tomorrow." Ivory now holds the sword with on hand and the other hiding her face. Temperence nods in understanding. Ivory walks off of the mat towards the exit of the gym.

Ace glances at Ivory, "She must be worried about the grade or Lukas."

"You mean both." Copper says blankly.

Temperence glances at Aiden, waving him forward as she's still on the mat. "Really Temperance?" Aiden asks as she nods.He sighs, grabbing Poseidon, walking onto the mat. Temperence charges at Aiden.Aiden attempts to dodge her, falling in the process of her running past himas Temperence smiles. He throws his trident, causing Temperance's scythe to get stuck, both weapons stuck to the wall.Temperence glares charging at Aiden, tackling him. He rolls her over charging towards the wall for his trident as she runs in front of him grabbing his trident and her scythe. Aiden groans as she holds his trident out to him teasingly,then Kicking the trident out of her hand.Temperence glances towards the trident, allowing him to have it, as she paces back and forth.Aiden runs toward Temperance throwing his trident at her, she barely avoids the trident.He then gets knocked to the floor by Temperence, her foot on his chest, the tip of Yang at his neck, as she smiles.Aiden grabs her leg, pinning her to the ground, holding her scythe tip to her neck then grinning letting Temp up.Temperence kicks him in the shin, retrieving his trident for him. "I thought you were going to continue attacking me," Aiden comments.

'No, I am good. That was a good fight, you're better than I thought Aiden, I thought you were all brains at first.' Temperence signs beaming with enjoyment.

"Thanks." Aiden mutters.

She flicks his forehead giggling. "Hahaha, very funny." Aiden says as Temp then helps him up.

Evan angrily comments, "Ok love birds get on the mat!"referring to Ace and Copper, "You too Temp and Aid, you two get off the mat." Ace goes to comment on Evan's word choice but doesn't.

Temperence slaps Evan for the pun, getting of the mat while grabbing/holding Aiden's arm as Copper and Ace make their way on the mat followed by and excited Evan and annoyed Lily.

"Oh wait before we start," Copper says, "Good job the both of you." referring to Temp and Aiden.

"Thanks." Aiden says as Temp nods, releasing his arm.

Evan was the first one to attack charging at Ace with both Sun and Moon. Ace wasn't paying attention well enough so he takes a hit to the stomach with the hilts of the swords, which send him sliding back about 5 feet, almost falling Ace releases his wings to assure balance.Evan charges at Ace again throwing a sword at the newly shown targets. "Evan don't!" Lily snaps pushing Evan out of the way of a gust of wind and moon flying over their heads. "You idiot!" Lily spats as Copper goes after the both of them.Copper goes to kick their legs out of under them, succeeding with Evan, as  Lily stops Copper's leg and grabbing it; throwing the fox towards Ace. Copper after a second of air-time lands on her feet charging at Lily once again, as Lily smashes a pistol into the side of her face. Copper twists away from a second blow, elbowing Lily in the face.Ace done with countering Evan's attacks, retracts his wings and then throws Evan into Lily. Seconds later Lily helps up Evan just as an arrow hits Evan in the shoulder, and a foot smashes her in the face. Evan slices at Ace cutting Ace's right arm and then using the hilt of Sun to smash into Copper's face, Copper staggering for a second, then spinning with flame barely hitting Evan and Lily. Ace punches Evan in the face having him stumble off of the mat, as the arrow catches fire.Copper grabs Lily by the shoulder and smashes her onto the mat, looking distracted as Ivory did before she left. Ace glares at Evan taking the arrow out of the kids shoulder.

"I'm sorry that wasn't a better fight than last time Eva." Ace comments purposely not saying Evan's actual name.

"Thanks, Ass was it? I wonder why your name would be that?" Evan growls.

"No I think you mean AC Eva." Ace says mocking Evan while mocking himself.

"Hmm, Ass, I couldn't hear you, all I heard was birds squawking." Evan says.

Temperence throws her scythe between them glaring at them."Sorry Temp," Ace comments, "I'm supposed to be the better person," he then punches Evan in the shoulder as Temp comes between the two shoving both of them hard, grabbings her scythe and leavingfollowed by Aiden.

"Why are you guys pissing everyone off don't you have anything better to do!" Lily yells.

"Thanks to you, we're going to have to deal with Temperance being angry and depressed!" Evan says with some sort of concern.

Copper slightly frowns before commenting. "I think you should be worried about following your team mates they just left." Ace crosses his arms and walking out of the gym; later followed by the other three. They went to their dorms.

At Team TEAL'S Dorm

Temp was sitting on the couch with Aiden 'talking' when Lily and Evan came in. "Hi guys." Aiden says, looking up at his other teammates. 

"What were you two doing?" Lily snaps as Evan glares at Aiden.

"We we're talking." Aiden says quietly.

"Oh." Lily says.

Temprence stands up, walking to the kitchen to cook.

"I'll help her." Lily says following.

"Dude, why can't you like Lily?" Evan snaps.

"What are you talking about?" Aiden asks.

"You like Temp." Evan growls.

Aiden shrugs innocently, "What if I did?" he says.

"No." Evan snaps.

"No?" Aiden echos.

"I like Temp." Evan declares.

Aiden raises his eyebrows at Evan. "Since when?"

"She's attractive, and intelligent." Evan explains, smiling.

"Yet you are just now saying this." Aiden says.

"Yeah." Evan says, going to his bunk.

"Whatever." Aiden promptly walks towards the kitchen.

In the kitchen...

'Do you think that they know we heard them?' Temperence signs, grinning.

"I don't know, if they know." Lily stutters.

'Both of them like me?' Temperence signs in question.

"Evan and Aiden, wow. Which one do you like?" Lily says, sounding impressed, followed my Temperence's silence.

"Evan?" Lily asks.

Still no response, from the short Lavender haired girl.

"Aiden?" Lily asks.

Temp slightly blushes.

"Yay! I Ship it!" Lily shouts.

"You ship what?" Aiden asks, standing behind to two girls.

"I ship Lukas and Ivory." Lily stutters.

"Oh, yeah, I guess." Aiden, mutters.

Temperence stares at the food intently because her cheeks are still red.

"Hey Temperance, what are you guys making." Aiden asks as Temperence quickly points at a picture of Lasagna.

"Cool, although half of us are vegetarians." Aiden mutters.

Temperence points back at the picture that said 'Vegetarian Lasagna.'

"Oh...Okay." Aiden says quietly.

"I'm going to go talk to Evan." Lily snaps.

"I'll help Temperence." Aiden declares softly.

"Good."  Lily snaps, as team TEAL gets to work in their dorm.

At LIAC's dorm, across the hall

"Let us in the damn dorm already!" Ace says banging on the door.

"I'm not listening!" Ivory yells on the otherside of the door.

"Yes you are!" Ace yells.

"No I'm not who are you!" Ivory mocks on the other side of the door.

"Ivory!" Ace screams, "I swear I'll break the door down, and you'll pay for it" Copper stands behind Ace as as Ivory opens the dorm door.

"Good afternoon what may I do for you degenerates?" Ivory says sweetly.

"Why are you screaming in the hallway?Temp almost dropped out food!" Evan yells standing at his dorm door.

"They're trying to break into my dorm!" Ivory calls to Evan slamming the door once again, locking it.

"Oh my god." Ace turns around at Evan. "You're worried about food! Really! Oh yes so important." Ace then smashes his foot into the door denting it as warning.

"Lukas is having Ivory keep us out of the dorm..." Copper comments quietly.

Temperence comes out of her dorm, walking towards team LIAC's dorm door, picking the lock and then walking back to her dorm, dragging Evan. Copper gives a thankful look at team TEAL's dorm before walking into her dorm with Ace.

"I told you guys to stay out!" Ivory says sewing dust into Lukas's  dull Lavender shirt.

"It's our dorm too, why are you messing with his shirt?" Asks Copper raising her eyebrows as Ace closes the door quietly before planting himself in front of the TV.

"Because unlike you, I actually care about him!" Ivory snaps.

Copper twitches, "That's not answering the question..."

"Yes it is!" Ivory looks at Lukas who's somehow sleeping in his bunk with all of the noise.

"Copper don't worry about it, I bet it's the lowest quality dust." Ace mutters.

"No I was wondering why someone so rich would be giving my partner handouts."Copper explains.

"You weren't worried about your partner at all today!" Ivory comments. "It's not handouts it's sharing."

"Ivory, stop." Ace says standing up from the couch as Copper ignores the comments as she gets into her bunk. Ace doing the same, turning off the lights leaving Ivory in the dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 454 26
You are Y/N Nikos, a student at Beacon Academy. Y/N is the leader of Team NAAD (Nightshade), which one of the best teams alongside Team STRQ. So natu...
31.6K 341 13
Ash has just lost in the Indigo League, due to his Charizard's disobedience. As he and Pikachu are thinking things over by a lake, they are sure in f...
211 0 11
I do not own RWBY or RoosterTeeth credit goes to them. Osiria Aldrett, Mithril Hazlitt, Esther Iris, and Neon Horwitz; three huntresses and one hunts...
3.9K 242 64
"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as fairytale..." After the events of volume 4, Fourteen Year Old Jessica Ciane's final years at Signal...