Codename:CYBERSE

By Azurethe2

After a accident, Midoriya Izuku is given cyborg enhancements connected to a risky system. He now has to figu... More

Prelude
Chapter1
Chapter2
Chapter3
chapter4
Chapter5
Chapter6
chapter7
Chapter9
Chapter10
Chapter11
Chapter12
Chapter13
chapter14
chapter15

Chapter8

9 1 0
By Azurethe2

Chapter8: Let's be heroes

The problem arised a week prior, when everyone was preparing for dinner, Midoriya brung up becoming a pro hero.

A dream the doctor is highly against.

“My child, I think I must remind you, you have a highly advanced system. Made from a metal that shouldn't exist, made by a man that should be dead.” Topologina explains.

“Yeah, you could basically do hero work off the books with us. You're about strong enough”. Layla adds in, walking down the stairs in nothing but a bath towel.

Izuku covers his eyes while he speaks, “but it's something I've always dreamed of, pulse, no offense but, the level 2 and above jobs are kinda illegal”.

“They teeter the edge a bit” Lerna clarifies, she reads a book, her twin sister and second head fast asleep.

Just as Midoriya is about to keep stating his case,  the door to the garage opens, and Inko walks in with Logan, both carrying groceries.

“Where making Alfredo” Logan says loud enough for everyone to hear.

Over the past year, inko would come by every other day in order to check on Izuku. During that time, she became familiar with the others, specifically the kids.

“Layla, did you pick up your clothes from the bathroom”? Inko asks the red head.

Layla’s back sloches, “no, but-”, her explanation is cut off by Inko.

“Do it or you don't eat, and put some clothes on.” the matriarch explains, not even looking at Layla. She's too busy prepping the kitchen.

As Layla saunters back up the stairs, Lerna Snickers, and Inko turns to her direction. “Lerna, you should speak up if her habits annoy you. Now  please wake your sister up and prepare the table for us.”

Only Lerna responds with a simple “Kay”, after which she flicks her sister on the nose to wake her up, Much to Argolid’s annoyance.

As the twins prepare the table, Mineta walks from the basement, humping a tune with his eyes closed and porn mag in hand. “Got me a new mag and gonna read it” he sings, Opening his eyes, sees Inko, and turns around. “But not at dinner cause that'd be wrong”. He sings again, hurrying back downstairs.

A hum of approval leaves inkos lips as she continues her kitchen prep. Logan and the doc can only marvel at how well she's managed the kids who have been giving them trouble for their whole time living here.

“Logan, I appreciate you helping me with groceries” Inko tells the man, placing a hand on his back. “But I'm cooking…get out of the kitchen”.

Logan raises his hands and walks off, not wanting to get in the woman's way.

As dinner went on, Logan brought up Midoriya's wish, and Inko panicked.

“Absolutely not!” Inko shouts from across the table.

“Mom please, with this system, I could do it” Midoriya pleads

“Izuku, most schools have strict rules against cybernetic enhancements. No hero school would take you in”. Inko explains this with pleading eyes and a forced smile.

U.A might, they're a bit looser when it comes to these things.

“U.A…” Topologina mutters under their breath.

“That doesn't cover the fact that we're trying to stay under wraps. The docs supposed to be dead, and I'm not exactly a ‘legal citizen’.” Logan adds in, Inko giving a nod of agreement.

“U.A…” the doctor mutters again

“I can at least try right?” Izuku raises his voice a bit, his frustration of mothers lack of faith in his dream finally showing.

Every flinches at the boy's raised voice, some not expecting it, others not being aware that he could yell.

“U.A…oh wait, never mind, apply to be a hero” Topologina suddenly exclaims, much to the shock of everyone in the room.

“What?” Inko asks
“Doc, how?” Logan asks as well

Just trust me the doctor says as they get up and head to the basement.

Before they  can even reach the steps, a mechanical bee shoots their cloak and grabs a phone.

The doctor has to scroll through their contacts for about 3 minutes before they find who they want, someone they had no intention of contacting again.

When the person on the other end picks up, neither speaks for about 30 seconds.

“Doctor…is that-” the voice is cut off by the doctor.

“Nezu, remember how I freed you from captivity,  losing an arm and three organs in the process. Allowing you to live the life you do now…”

“I don't like the way you said that” the voice over the phone is wary, both curious and afraid of what's about to be said.

“Would you like to pay me back?”

Two days after the doctors call with someone the boys didn't know, Midoriya and Mineta walk down the city streets, one ecstatic, and the other mildly confused.

“So first we have to take a standard test, since we basically dropped out”
“Ok but-”
“Then we'll need to-”
“Izuku!”
“Mhm”

“Who said I was gonna be a hero?” Mineta asks, his face was neutral. He wasn't annoyed or aggravated by the assumption, just simply confused.

Midoriya didn't lose his smile or stride, “look to your left”.

Mineta follows Midoriya’s strange requests, and sees a local hero, not even known outside this part of the neighborhood, surrounded by various women.

“Alright, what do we gotta do?” Mineta asks, his face still neutral, walking at the same pace as his friend.

“Like I said before, first we take a test to prove we have the right education level. We'll need signatures from legal guardians to do that”.

Mineta stops in his tracks, “uh…dude”.

Midoriya looks behind him “right, you're an orphan, I'm sure there's a way around that.”

“No dude, stop for a sec” Mineta says with actual worry.

Midoriya stops his stride and turns, a smile still on his face. “What?”

“Look” Mineta points to an alley, where a woman is pulled away by a group of men, two men stand watch outside the alley.

Before Mineta can even suggest finding a hero or a cop, Izuku is gone and Mineta soon follows.

In an alleyway, during broad daylight, a very brazen man is robbing a woman of what little money she has.

“P-Please, this is all I have” the woman pleads while holding onto a purse with only a few bills inside.

“That's crazy, I didn't ask,” the man says while kicking the woman in the stomach.

She drops her purse, Keeling over as she gasps for air. The mugger looks through her purse, and gets visibly angry when he sees what little she has.

“30 bucks! You stupid bitch! What's wrong with you!?” He yells while kicking her repeatedly.

The poor woman has no fight in her, simply curling up and closing her eyes, waiting for it to be over. She doesn't dare run, around the corner are three other men, looking out for cops or heroes while this one robbed her.

When the man stops his kicks, she thinks he left, getting tired of abusing her and leaving with her money. But when she opens her eyes, she sees that he's still there, just completely still

He stands motionless, his foot reeled back, it looks like he's going to kick her, but he doesn't.

“Man, this stuffs gotten way more potent”, a voice says, behind the mugger is a small boy with purple balls for hair. He's wearing a violet and black hoodie, baggy black pants with purple gym shoes, and behind him are tendrils with needles on them.

“You've been using your quirk more often, think that's the reason?”. Another voice comes from around the corner, and a white haired boy wearing black pants and a plain blue shirt (with the words ‘Thursday shirt’ written on it) drags the three men who were acting as look outs with him.

The two help the woman up, giving her back the purse that has now been filled with 3x the money it had before.

“yo, Izuku, it's the middle of the day. How has a cop or hero not seen this?”

The white haired cyborg shrugs his shoulders, and the recovering woman speaks up.

“I think they're all preoccupied with the giant villain”.

Midoriya turns his head to a crash in the streets, and a smile creeps on his face. “Mineta get her to the cops, I gotta see this”

“Of course you do”, Mineta sighs while helping the woman out the alleyway.

Midoriya turns the corner so fast he almost slips, running down the street to see a giant shark-like man on top of the rain tracks.

“Haha! A huge villain showed up” Midoriya yells bright eyed.

As he watches a hero he's never seen before wrap up the shark man man in branches, Mineta comes by his side.

“Ladies safe, who's that?” the imp asks while looking at the shark villain break free from the tree man's grasp.

“Don't know, I think it's his debut!” Midoriya beams while writing in a notebook he kept in his back pocket.

The shark seems to be on the back foot, and the wood hero seems to prepare a flashy finishing attack. He wounds back his fist, branches growing on his hand, everyone braces for the punch…

And he's stopped by a giant woman hip striking the shark villain into a building.

The giant woman gets up slowly, running her hands along her body as she says. “I'm a new hero making her debate, my lady, and you don't have to worry about this bum anymore.”

The giantess arches her back, and Izuku looks around to see men with cameras, coming from God knows where.

“Money shot, money shot, money shot”

Midoriya looks down, expecting his friend, The pervert cyborg, to join in on the crowd.

But when he looks down, he's Mineta making a strange expression. It's a mix of annoyance and confusion.

“Minoru…you alright?” Izuku asks, bending down a bit to look at the shorter boy.

“I should be enjoying this, but for some reason, that woman makes me feel very aggravated.” The imp explains while tilting his head from side to side. “Eh, whatever, we need to go, we got about 30 minutes.”

“Wait what!” Midoriya yells while looking at his phone, seeing that it was 8:30. “Minoru, we're speeding up”.

The white haired cyborg bends down, and the imp smiles, getting on the taller boys back. Mineta wasted no time, removing Izuku's first restriction for him.

“Alleyways and tops of buildings only” Minoru commands

“I know,” Izuku responds.

The cyborg runs into the ally, his friend holding onto his back for dear life as he runs and jumps to their destination.

“What's the name of our client!?” Midoriya asks while in mid air, he has to raise his voice because of the wind rushing past them.

“Uh, let's see!” Mineta yells, “cute girl…Uraraka Ochaco”.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 496 12
Izuku Midoriya, a quirkless teenager who aspire to became a hero. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have...
354K 8.7K 21
Izuku is gonna confess to all of his crushes to see if he could take them on a date to see who he likes the most but when he sees they already have a...
458K 12.4K 36
Midoriya gets hit by an unknown quirk (are we sure he doesn't have a bad luck quirk?) and when they ask the person who did it, our hero finds out he'...
120K 3K 47
When you are not born with a quirk and you want to become someone who actively uses quirks to do basically everything, what would you do? Be optimist...