Trespassing (Daryl Dixon x OC)

By x_medicine_x

I leaned my forehead against the cool wood. I closed my eyes while tears slipped past my closed lids, hoping... More

Prologue ~ Seven, Twelve, Eighteen, Twenty Three
Cancer
Blackbird Song
Guns For Hands
Cemetery Weather
Stage 4 Fear Of Trying
Disenchanted
The Good, The Bad, And The Dirty
Halloween
Jesus Christ
The Run and Go
No Tomorrow
Heaven Is Hell
Dear Agony
Rainbow Connection
I Am
Safe Inside
Weightless
Au Revoir
Car Radio
Already Gone
Terrible Things
Had Enough
Fear
Gravity
House of Hallways
All I Want
Flicker
Since We're Alone
Even Robots Need Blankets
You And Me
Naked
Play Crack The Sky
Dive
Meet Me In The Hallway
The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot
MiNd Of MiNdd (intro)
Sick Little Games
The Great Escape
Navy Blue
Two Ghosts
Drown
Wasted
From The Dining Table
Move Together
Afterglow
Night Changes
Tidal Waves
Champagne Supernova
BLUE
Passenger Seat
Gravedigger
Dusk Till Dawn
The Only Hope For Me Is You
Fire Away
For The First Time
Long Way Down
Unsteady
Palace
Truce
Slow It Down
Sign Of The Times
i'm so tired...
Under Pressure
Stand By Me
Nightmares
lUcOzAdE
Fresh Air
Wasteland, Baby!
A Kind Of Magic
Let Me
Old Eden
Comfortable
Flight Of The Stars
Around The World And Back
Chocolate
Absolute Beginners
Come Together
Changes
Leave The City
Headspace
Lazarus
My Immortal
You Rascal You
Chainsaw
Looks Red, Tastes Blue
Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic
Paranoid
Let's Find An Out
Deep Sea
Places We Won't Walk
Marionette
Comeback
when the party's over
Yesterday
Oats In The Water
As It Was
Two Slow Dancers
Hero
Killer
Heavy Games
Savior Complex
Update
Bulletproof Weeks
Take My Breath Away
Rocket Man
A.M.
Dreams
Love of my Life
After the Storm

The Other

70 0 0
By x_medicine_x

** Alexandria has won the war and is rebuilding their lives back in their community **

"Either your head or your heart, you set the other on fire."

"And finally, we're gonna need someone to keep an eye on Negan," Rick said, giving out the next job. Everyone's eyes shifted between one another, no one wanting to claim the task. "I know that no one wants to do this, but we have to make sure he stays in line. There will be a guard in there with you at all times."

Still, everyone kept their mouths shut. I studied the way each of us avoided eye contact with Rick. It was just like school; when the teacher asked a question and you looked away hoping they wouldn't call on you.

"I don't wanna have to pick someone but I will," Rick added.

Silence.

Rick sighed, rubbing a hand down his face.

"I'll do it," I said, no faltering in my voice.

"No way," Daryl countered. I just shot him a look that shut him up pretty quickly.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Rick asked.

"Positive. But I work on my terms. I'm in there alone with him, I go when I want, and what happens in there stays between me and Negan."

There were small bouts of murmurs among the people as I said this. I knew this was tricky and it was the complete opposite of what Rick wants, but this is how it's going to work with a man like Negan. He's not stupid.

"We're doing this so that we have the upper hand on him."

"This ain't my first rodeo, sheriff. I used to do this. He is my client and I'm protecting his confidentiality."

"He's our prisoner, Belle. He killed our people," Rick stated angrily.

"He is my client and I'm protecting his confidentiality," I spit back. "That's how it worked in the legal system. This is no different."

Rick let out an angry sigh, thinking this over. I knew he'd be against it, as would everyone else, but no one can get to Negan the way I can. I'm not even trying to be a narcissist on this, either.

"It's my way or no way because no one else wants this job. You want peace? This is how we make it."

Rick and I shared a fuming gaze for a moment. He really didn't want this and I knew that well. This would probably cause an uproar throughout the communities, or at least Alexandria, but that's my own problem. Negan's just a puzzle that needs to be worked out.

"Fine. Your way. But if anything happens, I'm taking you out and putting someone else in," Rick finally agreed.

The people of Alexandria talked and shouted over one another as we finished up the meeting when my job was finalized. I got lots of...colorful phrases and questions thrown at me as I exited the building. I'm sure I'll be getting them for quite some time.

"What, are you fucking crazy?" Daryl angrily asked once he finally pushed through the crowd.

"No one else wanted it," I retorted.

"How are you gonna handle this, huh? You are the most sensitive person I know."

"Okay, ouch."

"You know what I mean." Daryl paused for a moment and sighed, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Look, I get you wanted to fill the space because no one else did, but he hit you close to home more than once. How are you gonna keep it together?"

"He's just different, Daryl. We don't understand him and that's why we have our issues."

Daryl gave me a questioning look after I said this.

"You seriously can't be defending him right now," he scoffed. "You know what he did to Glenn and Abraham. To Carl. To me."

"You really think I just forgot that shit?" I fumed. "I never said I was gonna fucking make friendship bracelets with him. I'm just fucking talking to him like we should've fucking done in the first place."

"He should be dead in that field," Daryl angrily grunted.

"And that is how the Saviors feel about us," I answered, the same bite in my tone. "Coming out of a war ain't a walk in the fucking park. We're all still gonna have problems with each other. I'm sorry that you don't like the job I picked because you got stuck with a shitty one, but this is the baggage that I chose for myself. And that's on me, not you."

Daryl just stared down at me, taking in what I had to say. He let out a small huff in defeat.

"Fine. Fucking fine," he said.

I wrapped my arms around his torso. I did feel bad for putting Daryl in this in-between position, but I really don't think Negan will talk to anyone else. It took Daryl a moment before he hugged me in return.

"I know that this is difficult, but we just have to deal with it. It's gonna be okay."

"What if it's not, Belle?" he countered from above me.

"Then we figure it out, " I stated simply. Daryl sighed again. "I love you, Daryl."

"Love you, too, B. Just be careful, alright?"

"I will."

I left Daryl with a kiss before we went our separate ways. I headed straight for Negan's cell, wanting to get this started right away.

As I entered the room, Negan seemed to beam with anticipation. I'm sure he had an idea of what was going on.

"You can leave," I told the person standing in the corner.

"Rick said--"

"This is the job Rick gave me and I'm telling you that you can leave. It's not up for question."

The person gave me an annoyed look before beginning to make their way out of the room.

"Oh, and I need the keys," I demanded.

"No," the person scoffed.

"You got a problem with the way I'm gonna run my job, take it up with Rick and he'll take it up with me. I'm not asking again."

The guard begrudgingly shoved the cell keys into my open hand before stomping their way up the steps. Some adult, they are. I pulled up a chair to sit in front of Negan's cell bars.

"Shit, sweetheart, never knew you could be so aggressive," Negan chimed with his usual smirk.

"The town's in uproar out there," I told him.

" 'Bout me being alive?"

"About me taking this job."

Negan hummed in response, leaning back on his bed to rest against the wall. I sat back in my chair, mirroring his actions. The atmosphere was surprisingly comfortable, given the circumstances.

"So, what? Prick send you to break me?"

"He has his intentions, I have mine," I replied.

Negan took a minute before saying, "So the town's a mess, huh?"

"You don't know the half of it," I replied tiredly. "I told Rick I work on my terms and everyone treats me like I'm the asshole."

"And those were?" Negan asked.

"I'm in here alone with you, I come when I want, and what happens in here stays between you and me."

Negan raised his eyebrows, looking rather impressed with my demands. He pulled a leg up onto his bed, lacing his fingers around his knee to hold it in place.

"That's pretty fucking bold considering we all just tried to kill each other," Negan said.

"Apparently it's too bold," I murmured. "No one else wanted the fucking job so everyone else needs to just fuck off."

"Geez, doll, no need to get angry," Negan stated in a joking but serious manner. "I'm glad you had the balls to step up to the plate."

"Yeah," I muttered, averting my gaze to my lap for a moment.

"I take it your man ain't too happy with your decision?"

I scoffed at Negan's question. Honestly, this is why I took this job on my terms. Negan is just different. What he did to us and the other groups wasn't right but he, as a person, is just another human being.

"Please, don't humor me like that."

Negan laughed at my comment. He genuinely laughed. I caught myself smiling along with the man.

"So why did you take this job, doll?" Negan asked, a genuine curiosity in his gaze.

"They want peace but no one wants to make it. It starts at the source of the conflict. If Rick isn't gonna take that bull by the horns, then I will. At least I know I'll be doing it in a way that makes progress," I answered.

"Fair enough."

"But let's just get this clear from the get-go: I do not and will not forgive you for what you did to Glenn, Abraham, and Daryl. I'm here to talk. Where that will lead, I don't know. But you've hurt me in ways that I'm not gonna brush under the rug. Do I make myself clear?"

Negan smiled. I'm sure he found this utterly amusing but it needed to be said.

"Crystal," he rasped.

I gave a single nod.

"Good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

918 34 19
~ "the world was on fire and no one could save me but you" Vivian harper was simply trying to find her way in the end of the world and protect her li...
8.2K 335 22
This is my 1st story so it won't be the best so yea that's pretty much it
21K 651 34
"my knuckles were bruised like violets" {season 5 - ???} {rick grimes x fem!oc}
262 3 23
I ran through the woods, trying not to make a sound hoping to loose the walkers that was following me. I'm not looking where I'm going when all of su...