There Are Dreams That Cannot...

By TotalPhangirl

When 17 year old Ryleigh Thomas has a nervous breakdown and her friend comes over to comfort her, the two dec... More

Chapter 1 ~ An Innocent Wish
Chapter 2 ~ The Paris Opera House
Chapter 3 ~ A Discovery
Chapter 4 ~ Through the Trapdoor
Chapter 5 ~ The Rescuer
Chapter 6 ~ Love at First Sight
Chapter 7 ~ Memory
Chapter 8 ~ The Angel's Return
Chapter 9 ~ The Threat
Chapter 10 ~ From Love to Obsession
Chapter 11 ~ Reassurance
Chapter 12 ~ The Voice of an Angel
Chapter 13 ~ The Angel of Music
Chapter 14 ~ Christine's Revenge
Chapter 15 ~ Floating, Falling
Chapter 16 ~ The Will to Live
Chapter 17 ~ Laughter
Chapter 18 ~ As White as a Ghost
Chapter 19 ~ True Love's Kiss
Chapter 20 ~ The Power of Love
Chapter 21 ~ Healing
Chapter 22 ~ Together
Chapter 23 ~ Watch Your Back
Chapter 24 ~ From the Shadows
Chapter 25 ~ Darkness
Chapter 26 ~ Devil Take the Hindmost
Chapter 27 ~ Christine's Rage
Chapter 28 ~ Giry's Plan
Chapter 29 ~ Bittersweet Farewell

Chapter 30 ~ More Than Just a Dream

1.9K 45 20
By TotalPhangirl

Ryleigh's POV
I sleepily opened my eyes and felt my eyes well up with tears as I realized where I was. I was in my bedroom, at home, in 2015, and Katelyn was still asleep next to me from our last minute sleepover. I sat up and felt my breath getting heavier as I started running my hands through my hair and tears streamed down my face. It couldn't have been a dream, it just couldn't have! I shot out of bed and started pacing, trying not have a panic attack. It was a freaking dream?! None of it was real?! I guess that I was being a little loud, because Katelyn sat up a few minutes later and looked at me worriedly.

"Ryleigh, are you alright? What's wrong?" She asked, a concerned tone evident in her voice.

"I-it was a dream..." I whispered, my mind still not able to comprehend it.

"What was a dream?" She asked, looking at me strangely.

"I-I don't know...it can't be...he was...it was..." I stuttered, the tears never ceasing to fall upon my cheeks.

"Ryleigh, are you sure you're feeling alright? Do you feel sick?" Katelyn asked, standing up and placing her palm to my forehead. "You don't feel warm. Maybe you're just hungry?"

"No, I'm fine...it's just...I had a dream...and it was so real..." I breathed, my chest heaving.

"What was it about?" She inquired curiously.

"W-we went back in time...to the Palais Garnier...and Erik was there...and I fell in love with him. But then Christine turned into a psychotic, bloodthirsty maniac who tried to kill both of us. She tried to shoot Erik, but I got in the way and I was in a coma. But Madame Giry figured out that 'true love's kiss' would work, so Erik kissed me and I woke up. Then he proposed, but Christine took me and said that if he didn't say that he loved her, she would put me in one of his torture chambers. She then held a gun to my head, and Erik found Madame Giry and she gave him this vial of liquid that she said would wake me up. So it did...I guess..." I said, not able to fully comprehend the entire 'dream' myself.

"Wow. You have one heck of an imagination, girl." She chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess I do..." I said, although I had a gnawing feeling inside that it had been more than just a dream.
[THE END]

FINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you all so much for all of your support on this story! It really means a lot to me! Yes, there IS a sequel to this phanfic that my friend, maskedphanguy co-wrote with me. If you want to read it, I'll post the Archive of Our Own link below. Thanks!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7005286/chapters/15954907

Love you all!
-Regan (TotalPhangirl)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 124 13
It only takes one wish to completely change your life....again Sequel to "The Time Traveling Adventure" I don't own The Phantom of the Opera, Gaston...
46.8K 3.1K 68
Christine left and the Phantom of the Opera sank into despair. Yet when he discovers something magical in Cornwall, it will set him on the road towar...
1K 71 21
"Promise me." She whispered, breathless. I cut her off with my lips, I kissed her jawline, down her throat, gently sucking her neck. She moaned, her...
80.7K 2.6K 58
A Phantom of the Opera fan falls into a world that she can partially recognize from her favorite movie. She has the chance to save the Phantom for hi...