wasted eyes | joseph descamps

By yeeunholic

ยซ ๐ผ ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ค ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘๐‘™๐‘’, ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘’๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข. ๐ผ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ... More

Ch.1 : into the new world
Ch.2: first classes
Ch.3: troubles
Ch.4: back to the city
Ch.5: highway to hell
Ch.6: avalanche
Ch.7: play date
Ch.8: genesis
Ch.9: take me to church
Ch.10: new rules
Ch.11: pincess going digital
Ch.12: cry baby
Ch.13: gonna take you there
Ch.14: the beach
Ch.15: again
Ch.16: dumb dumb
Ch.18: ribs
Epilogue

Ch.17: pity party

3.2K 129 40
By yeeunholic

Going to Pichon's surprise party was not my biggest priority at the moment but Simone had insisted it would take my mind off my problems for a bit. As if my problem wouldn't attend the party too.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My heart skipped a beat. I had dark circles under the eyes, my hair was a mess but what truly hurt was that look on my face. I looked miserable. I couldn't believe what was in front of me.

I had joined Voltaire for my dreams to be independent, to be free. And here I was, being a ghost of myself for a boy who couldn't care less about me.

Screw Joseph Descamps. I was going to that party, I was going to enjoy myself and have fun with my friends.

I took a bath, making sure to scrub everywhere, washing my filthy hair at the same time.

I dried my body and hair and looked through my closet for a nice outfit.

I found a nice yellow dress with a white collar. It was perfect for a summer party.

I brushed my hair, curled the ends of it outward, and put a white headband I had borrowed from Annick. I wore my usual jewelry. I took my keys and shouted to mom not to wait for me.

I had decided to walk there, as my bike was nowhere to be found.

Pichon's house was not far from mine so I quickly made my way over. The party had already started when I got there. Music and laughter were heard from outside the house.

I quickly found my way to what had become the dance floor where Simone and Pichon were absolutely killing it. I waved eagerly at Simone which she gave back between two moves. I walked through the crowd, trying not to crush someone's foot with my heels.

I found Felbec and Applebaum, sat at a diner table, drinking out of expensive glasses. I plopped down between them, gladly accepting the drink Applebaum offered.

« Poor Pichon, he's still hoping Annick will come » Felbec commented.

« She's coming, she let me know she'll be a bit late since she lives further away » I explained.

« You think she's going to dance with him ? » Applebaum wondered.

I laughed.

«  Annick Sabiani ? On the dance floor ? That is a sight I'd pay to witness »

Felbec cleared his throat, making me look at him.

« We learned about you and Descamps » he started. « I know you probably don't care about what I could say, but for what it's worth, I'm sorry »

« Thanks Didier » I said. « And Descamps can go fuck himself »

« He looks like he's about to fuck someone else » Applebaum muttered, making Felbec nudge him.

I followed his gaze through the door and that's when I saw him, leaned down to whisper something in this girl's ear, making her laugh intensely. Was that Pichon's sister ?

« He's an ass to do that in front of you, don't mind him » assured me Felbec.

I squinted my eyes. Maybe the alcohol was giving me the same audacity he had sober, but I was ready. Game on.

I turned to Daniel.

« Remember when you almost broke my nose in P.E. ? » he widened his eyes. « You owe me one because of it. I need you to dance with me » I pleaded.

« To piss off Descamps ? Are you out of your mind ? » he protested. I looked at Felbec, who was already shaking his head.

« Fine » I finished my drink in one go, making them gasp. « Since nobody wants to, I'll find someone else »

I walked into the main room, trying to find a guy worthy to dance with. And that's when I had an eye contact with a guy. If I remembered correctly, he was in Jean-Pierre's class. He smiled at me, waving me over. I smiled, coming close.

« What are you doing all alone out there ? »

« I want to dance but none of my friends will, it sucks » I pouted slightly.

« I'll dance with you, pretty girl »

He took my hand and brought me to the center of the dance floor.

I started dancing with him, my hands on his shoulders and my hips moving in a circular motion. His hands were on my waist, following my rythm.

« So, you wanna tell me who you're trying to make jealous ? » he asked, right in my ear, keeping our rhythm.

« The guy behind me, yellow jacket » I admitted.

« Good news for you, pretty girl, I'll have no issue pissing this fucker off, knowing he almost got my good friend Jean-Pierre expelled. And he is definitely looking, keep going »

I laughed, throwing my head backwards. A bit dramatic, but the alcohol was not helping. From an outside perspective, it definitely looked like we were flirting.

« Give me your hand » he asked, extending his own.

I gave it to him and he made me twirl. I could hear people cheering for us on the sides, Simone giving me thumbs up. It felt nice to be acclaimed by everyone. I honestly felt good, dancing with that boy, whatever his name was.

But I felt someone grab me by the wrist and pull me out of the room. I turned around to catch a glimpse of a yellow jacket dragging me to the hallway I first came in.

« What the hell are you doing ? »

« I'm dancing, Joseph. I didn't take you for a blind man yet »

« You know I'm not talking about that. What were you doing with that guy ? » he snapped.

« The same thing you were doing with Pichon's sister: having fun » I answered innocently.

« Don't be like that, Nora. You're the one who broke up with me, remember ? »

« Yet you pulled me out of the dance floor. How ironic »

« Fine. You can be angry about her, I know I took it too far. I'm sorry »

« You have a lot more to be sorry for. Drag me like that again and I won't hesitate to slap you again, understood ? »

I left him there, taken aback by my harsh tone. But instead of heading back, I made my way to the garden. I needed some fresh air.

That whole thing had been so tiring. I just wanted to lie in the grass and never get up again. So that's what I did. I first sat down in the middle of this huge garden before letting my back fall against the ground. It was weirdly peaceful to be there, even though I probably looked crazy to anyone walking by. I couldn't find it in me to care.

I was lying in the grass, eyes closed, enjoying the sun hitting my face when all of a sudden a big shadow towered over me. What a big cloud, I thought.

« You will end up being infested with ants if you stay down »

Definitely not a cloud. Here he was, one hand in his pocket, the other holding a glass of what I presumed was rhum.

« Good, I hope they devour you and that people will only find your teeth and your eyepatch to identify you » I said, my eyes still half closed.

He crouched down, glass of alcohol still in hand.

« I want to talk to you Nora »

« Well, I don't want to, yet here you are » I said flatly.

« Please, I didn't mean to hurt you »

« You should've thought twice before betraying my friends »

He scoffed.

« Your friends who are not even here »

I lost it, pushing myself back up.

« And whose fault is it ? Let me guess. It's everyone's but yours, right ? Poor little Descamps, life is so hard on you » I said in a mocking tone.

I pointed a finger in his chest.

« But let me tell you the truth. You are nothing but a mean, self centered, awful person. »

I kept on hitting his chest with my finger.

« Michele and Laubrac ran away because of you, ruining the good future they were building for themselves. Simone and Jean-Pierre broke up because of you. The Magnan had to close the store because of you. You have to face the consequences of what you do, Joseph. »

« Wasn't loosing my eye a consequence big enough ? » he snapped.

« Your eye is the result of your actions, Joseph. It's your own fault. Yes, Jean-Pierre should've never hit you when you had your glasses on, but you deserved that beating. You took pleasure in humiliating Michele. You got punched because of what you did. I'm tired of you pretending nothing is your fault »

I closed my eyes, my voice trembling.

« And me ? I was stupid. You were so... kind to me. You were good to me, you... you made me laugh. I have made beautiful memories with you. I trusted you. I thought you were sincere »

I took a deep breath, looking right at him.

« I thought you loved me » I admitted. « But you have proved once again, that everybody in your life can be collateral damage, if that means you can have your way »

« Look at me Nora, please »

« I don't know if I can look at you nor if I even want to »

I started walking away, before stopping after a few steps, turning back to face him.

« I want nothing to do with you anymore. If we go back to Voltaire, I want you to act as if you don't know me, as if we didn't spend this year together.
I want you to pass me in the hallways and pretend not to notice I'm there. Because that is what I will do. It would hurt too much to acknowledge you» I admitted.

I went back inside. Those were the last words I said to Joseph Descamps that night.

I found Annick and Pichon in the hallway. I was about to go up to them when I realized he was telling her how she was taking advantage of his feelings for her, that she was a bad person. He left quickly after. I stepped in, trying to see how Annick was.

« Are you alright? » I asked softly.

« Yeah.. Maybe ? I'm really confused » she admitted. It was the first time I was seeing this girl so vulnerable. She looked at me, then behind me.

« I guess you had your own boy problems? » she asked, trying to change the conversation.

I nodded, feeling the tears I was holding in starting to come back.

« Want to come over tonight ? » I asked. « You can borrow books from my dad while I drown in my tears »

She laughed, nodding her head. And were those tears in her eyes ?

« Sounds like a great plan » she chuckled.

« I'll go find Simone to tell her we're leaving, then we're good to go »

I made my way back to the party, trying to spot my friend. When I saw her, she was busy trying to get Jean-Pierre to stand to get him home. I shouted at her that we were leaving, which she acknowledged, then we headed out.

The walk back to my house was quiet, both of us conflicted with our own dilemmas. I felt bad for her to have suffered Henri's outburst but maybe it would make her reflect on her relationship with him ? I truly hoped for her that their friendship would survive this.

On my side, I couldn't help but think about Joseph and everything that happened between us. We certainly had an eventful year.

Once we were home, we realized it was already late and we should head to bed, putting our chats aside for the next day. We quickly got ready for the night and jumped into bed.

After some time, I looked at Annick, fast asleep by my side. She seemed calm, peaceful. I rolled on my back, staring at the ceiling. I started looking back on this year's events. I came to a realization.

I had loved in so many different ways this year. I loved my friends, I loved freedom, I loved my family.

But nothing could ever compare to how much I had loved him, his laughter, his smile. I had loved Joseph Descamps with all my heart, but it still was not enough.

Hiii

This is not the end !!! There are still 2(?) chapters left, I believe. So excited to see everything unfold!!

Jealous Joseph ??? Yes.

Kind of eventful chapter

Annick in this one broke my heart 🥲

I'm almost done with my finals, I'm so close to graduating, I'm scared 😭

This chapter's outline had been written since (almost) the beginning so I hope you liked it !!

Tell me what you thought about it!!

Take care 🩷🩷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 745 16
Welcome to Voltaire high, a school for boy that will for the first time in history welcome girls! But Edith Petit hates it there, and so those Joseph...
3.2K 80 15
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ค๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐จ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐œ๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ข๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ก๐ข...
313K 4.1K 40
started: 14.08.20 completed: 07.06.22 ๐™š๐™ช๐™ฅ๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™– /๐™Ÿ๐™ชหหˆ๐™›ษ”ห๐™งษชษ™/ ๐™‡๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ: ๐™š๐™ช๐™ฅ๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™– ๐™–...