3rd Point of View

By naniphoon

What is it like for anyone outside that looking in? Telling the life stories of 4 girls of YG University: Jis... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12 - Triggering past
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 18

Part 17 - Backstory

118 2 0
By naniphoon

"Jenduke..you need to tell Lisa to stop." Jisoo said as soon as she sat in front of her.

Jennie looked up from the book she was reading. She was doing research for her thesis at the main library when the older girl suddenly came to interrupt her. She didn't expect to see Jisoo today since she was busy handling student's matter after she was elected as the school president 5 days ago.

Their previous school president apparently fell sick and can't finish his school term. And when the relection votes came in, not surprisingly Jisoo won with 96% in her favor. It was not a surprise because Jisoonie were well known for being impartial, reasonable and fair in her treatment of students. Her reputation preceded her even when she studies abroad.

Jennie knows that's what Jisoonie trying to do now. Managing their biggest troublemaker at the moment. Lisa.

"Chu..I don’t know what are you talking about."

"Don't play innocent with me. You know she's been terrorising the students here and the only one who could put a stop to it was you."

"Why would I?" Jennie finally spoke up.

"Huh?"

"Chu, I'm sure she have a reason doing what she did."

"Don’t you think she getting overboard with this? I kept receiving complaints about her." Jisoo replied in whiny tone.

"As a school president its your job to handle it. But maybe you should investigate further why those things kept happening. Plus, she told me she was just defending herself." Jennie explained nonchalantly.

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "Our maknae is not just some helpless damsel in distress waiting for someone to save her from a dragon. SHE was the dragon. At least tell her to tone it down a bit. My dad keep getting a call from his former colleagues about this. That Lisa was being a troublesome at school and scaring their children. Think about my poor old dad heart, Jenduke. Pleaseeee..."

Jennie rolled her eyes. The Kims do like being dramatic.  "Uncle not that old. They just talked to uncle because they don't want to talk with Papa Marco. They knew they going to get an earful if they did."

"But..can you please help me here. Please...please please. I'm begging you to talk to her. Rosie tried distracting her but it didn't work that long. Lisa will just get back to it as soon as she gets bored."

Before Jennie could replied, there was a loud bang coming from the entrance of the library. Few seconds later they heard Rosie voice shouting loudly. "LISA! Don't do that! SORRY, guys!!!!"

Jennie watched in amusement as Lisa just continue skipping towards her table with a big smile and mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Nini! Guess what I brought ya?" Lisa asked as soon as stood beside her.

Playing along, Jennie put her finger under her chin as if in deep thought.

"Hmmmm...chocolates?"

Lisa shook her head.

"Candy?"

"Nuh uh..."

"It’s milk ice cream, unnie. Take it before it melts." Rosie piped up before she sat beside Jisoo.

"Aw...you spoiled it!" Lisa pouted as she brought the ice cream cone from behind her back.

"You are not supposed to bring food into library, Lisayah. You'll get detention for this." Jisoo warned her.

When Lisa smile died and the look on her face hardened, Jennie quickly stood up straight on her tiptoes leaving a kiss on Lisa’s cheek.

Jisoo and Rosie waited in bated breath as Lisa's face relaxed at Jennie's gestured. Internally Jisoo took a sigh of relief. Lisa's temper is not to be mess with. Recently though it seemed that it's quite easy for their maknae to get worked up. Some sentences or behaviour will made her mad hence the reason why she got so many complaints. But luckily, when Jennie's around she able to turn Lisa's mood 180 degrees like a switch. She was brought back to present when she heard Lisa let out a small giggles.

"Thank you, Lili. I like it. Just what I need during my break from my studies. Now what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at a dancing class?"

"She said the class was boring, unnie. I caught her sneaking out with Sehun oppa to smoke joint." Rosie tell tales.

"Lisa!" Jisoo and Jennie piped up at the same time.

"Jennie, could you do the honor. Lisa... What did I tell you about smoking?" Jisoo asked in a firm tone as Jennie twisted Lisa's ear while continue licking her ice cream.

"Ow..ow..ow..unnieeeee. You said its bad. It's going to kill me. Huhuhu...stop Nini. That hurts."

"So why did you want to try it? You want to kill yourself?" Jisoo asked again. She signalled thr okay for Jennie to stop.

Lisa shook her head as she rubbed her ear. "How will I know its bad or good for me if I don't even try it for myself?"

This time Jennie pinched Lisa on her waist. "By that same basis, are you going to try drugs, jump of from a building and eat spinach now?"

Lisa's face scrunched up at the last suggestion. "Ew...never! Spinach is Nasty! Okayyy..stop pinching me, unnie. You're gonna leave bruise. Huhu."

Jennie stopped and rubbed the area comfortingly. "Sorry. But Jisooni said you are making troubles again today, Lili. What happened?"

Jisoo and Rosie noticed that Jennie asked what happened instead of what did Lisa do.

"Well..she started to.." Rosie started.

"Nuh uh..Hubby...let Lisa explained it. Who is it this time?" Jennie interrupted.

Lisa sighed. "I don't know her name, something with G."

"Ginny..from Econ class." Rosie whispered.

"Yeah..her. She talked bad about you. She called you names. I warned her not to continue but she ignore it. So that's why." Lisa leaned back onto her chair, arms wrapped around herself.

"So you basically drenched her with Diet Coke just because you heard her say something bad about Jennie? I can't imagine what's going to happen to those who dare to bump into Jenduke here." Jisoo sighed in frustration.

"Oh? You didn't know, unnie? Lisa slashed SoMin's tyre for doing that."

"Huh?"

"Yep.Then she asked the guard to throw Mino oppa and his gang into the roro bin cause they whistled at Jennie unnie." Rosie continued.

"Then she locked Jihyo in janitors room because the girl glared at Jennie at the cafe yesterday...then the girl who spills coffee onto Jennie's shoes this morning.. Lisa asked her to ..."

"Wait what?" Jisoo's attention now turned toward Rosie as she continues on.

Ignoring the two in front of her, Jennie leaned her head onto Lisa's shoulder. "Thank you. You really don’t have to do that."

Lisa leaned down kissing the top of Jennie’s head. "I want to. I told you nobody gonna hurt you anymore as long as I'm here."

"You are not supposed to encourage her, Jenduke." Jisoo warned.

"They hurt Nini for 4 months, Jisoonie! Nobody helped her! I'm not gonna let them get away with it!"
Lisa defended herself.

"Jennie..." Jisoo pleaded.

"I'm not gonna stop her." Jennie finally spoke up.

Lisa beamed.

"But..unnie.."

"Wait, let me continue, Rosie. But...Lisa..you need to promise me that you're not going to hurt yourself. AND you can't do it to people who don't deserved it."

"Niniiiiii...they all deserved it. Eventhough they are not the one who inflicted hurt on you, they don't help you too! And that's a big sign that they deserved it!"

"Promise me, Lisa. If you don't then I will not let you have a sleepover over mine anymore." Jennie threatened.

This made Lisa shut her mouth. "Okay, I promised."

Lisa did keep her promise for the next few months however not because she was done with them but because she was distracted when her guy best friends, Bam Bam transfer to their school too.

Lisa and Bam Bam was an only child in their family. The came from the same Thai lineage family and as an only child they were spoiled rotten by their parents. Jennie still remembered the first time she met Bam Bam. It's by chance that their first meeting was when they were 11 years old and it was hate at first sight.

When their family gathered at Kim's mansion for business/family dinner, Bam Bam wondered around until he found the big playground behind Jennie's house. When she saw the girl with chubby cheek who wore a white dress laughing happily on the lone swing he just ran over and pushed Jennie off from her swings making the older girl cried in pain.

"Hey! You can't do that?"

"Why? I want to have it so I take it. What are you going to do about it?" Bam Bam threatened.

"We could share it! Now what have you done. My dress ruined!" Jennie pouted. Her lips trembled as she tried to hold her tears.

"Heh..I don't care. You are just a stupid girl. You can't do anything to me! Haha..." He was laughing freely as he pushed himself on the swing.

He felt a slight guilt when the other girl started to cry but the joy of having the swing to himself stopped him from doing anything about it. Though his joy was not for long before he felt his swing were forced stopped by someone.

"Get off right now! You are making Nini sad!"

Bam Bam held firm. "Yah! Who's gonna make me?"

"Me." Lisa said as she punched Bam on his nose.

Though he was not really hurt by it, the shocked of being punched by a girl make him cried out in pain.

"Lili! Are you okay?" Jennie ran over to look at Lisa's small fist.

"Don't ever let Nini cry again! Or I'm gonna punch you until you bleed. You understand?" Lisa threathen the crying boy.

As Bam Bam ran back towards the house, Lisa turned facing Jennie. "Are you okay, Nini? Did you hurt you knees."

"No. But my dress got dirty..." Jennie whined as her tears started again.

"It's okay. It's okay, Nini. Come here. Don't cry." Lisa pulled her close for a hug.

"I'll tell mom to find the best dress for you. Don't cry, okay. No one could make you cry if I'm here okay? I promise I'll protect you forever."

When Jennie thought back about that day, she will smile because Lisa still kept her promise till today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 15K 56
When Chaeyoung starts to realize her feelings for her best friend Lisa, what will become of their friendship? What will become of their girl group Bl...
72.5K 3.8K 17
"There's that big beach party in two weeks right? In between then and now, I will give you ten reasons you should go on a date with me. If I convince...
11.2K 571 10
My stutter makes it easy to become the center of attention for all the wrong reasons, so I try hard to stay out of the spotlight. But when Jennie Kim...
29.9K 1.2K 11
one was an aspiring law student who was never a believer of love after losing her parents at such an early age. one was a hopeless romantic free spir...