Where Loyalty Lies // Mori Ou...

By EchoBliss

When Y/n is found using her special ability on the streets of Yokohama, she gets offered to join the Port Maf... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: New Recruit
Chapter 2: Show Me
Chapter 3: First Mission
Chapter 4: Don't Make a Mess
Chapter 5: For What Reason?
Chapter 6: Take What You Want
Chapter 7: Hidden Heart
Chapter 8: Play Your Games
Chapter 9: Wherever You Go
Chapter 10: Break Your Heart
Chapter 11: Secret Strings
Chapter 12: We Can't Go Back
Chapter 13: Who We Are
Chapter 14: Never Let Me Go
Chapter 16: Eye of the Storm
Chapter 17: In the Shadows
Chapter 18: Angels
Chapter 19: Burn It Down
Chapter 20: Light up the Sky
Epilogue

Chapter 15: You Found Me

414 18 18
By EchoBliss

It was the morning after her day off, and Y/n was ready to see Mori again. She was straightening up the collar on her shirt when she let out a nervous sigh. She was ready to be given her next mission, but she first had to physically meet with Mori. It was easier said than done, as the adrenaline and boldness coursing through her two days ago had mostly dissipated in his absence.

However, as she was walking the hallways of the Port Mafia's headquarters, she still had a permanent grin on her face. She thought about what kind of mission it would be. Killing, capture, torture? She beamed at the idea of getting to be useful to him once more. I hope it's fun at least.

She knocked on the front of his office door and entered unprompted.

Mori turned his attention to whoever just opened the door without his permission. He sighed. "You sure are quick to forget basic manners," he said, smiling at who he saw walking in.

"I mean, I can leave, if you want. Maybe for a whole week this time," Y/n said, raising her eyebrows with a smirk.

Mori sighed, deciding to not press the issue, as he was simply content to see her again. Even though he was the one who ordered her away for a day, it was a longer day than he wanted it to be. He had to stop himself multiple times from paying Y/n a visit during her break. It was exhausting, but seeing her standing there in the glow of morning rays seemed to recharge his vigor.

Y/n noticed a file sitting on a table next to his chair by the window, which Mori noticed, so he tried hiding her gaze by standing in front of it. "What's that?" She said. "My mission, I assume?" She grinned, proceeding to whip around him in order to grab it. It read: CONFIDENTIAL.

"Or not." Y/n said, frowning, realizing that only executives had permission to view documents such as that. She set it back down.

"You're still asking about that?" He said, putting his hands into his pockets.

"Why not?" Y/n said. "I did as you asked and took a break, so put me to work already."

"Why not just focus on improving your hand-to-hand combat skills first? It's true that your ability is strong, but you still have much to learn in other regards. I can even teach you myself, if you'd prefer," Mori said, grinning at the prospect of getting more opportunities to spend with Y/n.

"Chuuya can teach me to fight, though, so you don't need to waste any more time." Y/n would have never dared to order Mori around like this before, but he seemed to be in a good enough mood for her to try. "All of this debating that has been going on between us lately has stunted me in my usefulness to the organization. So please, let me show you that all this strife was worth it."

Mori sighed, feeling defeated by her earnestness. "If that is what you wish." He walked over to the folder laying on the table and handed it to Y/n. "We've gotten word that several children have gone missing within the last couple of weeks. Normally, the police would handle this sort of thing, but it seems to be out of even their level of expertise. It's likely that the culprits may be special ability users, so the police are needing us to help find them."

"Since when do we search for lost children?" Y/n said, opening up the folder. "Shouldn't the Armed Detective Agency be handling something like this instead of us?"

"They are working this case as well, but so far, have come up empty handed. These aren't your run of the mill criminals, so we've been asked to track them down by any means necessary," he said with a grim expression. Mori knew that there was more to this case than it being simple kidnappings. He didn't know if Y/n had noticed yet that all the children who went missing also had special abilities.

Meanwhile, Y/n was still trying to process the fact that Mori had just handed her a mission meant for executives. "I mean, I'm glad you want to trust me with this, but how do you expect me to find them exactly?"

"Any way you can think of. We at least know that the children all seem to have been taken while walking home after school. It seems that the culprit is targeting them when they're alone to prevent as many witnesses as possible. We've had neighbors of the children's families report seeing their backpacks sitting on the side of the road after they all went missing. It's almost like the culprit wants to make it aware that they've been abducted. It's an odd case, that's for sure, but I have faith that you'll do well."

Y/n thought about the best way to handle this. She pinched her lip in contemplation as she read over the file. "I could lure them out with some sort of bait, I guess. I might need a child for that, though. Where's Chuuya?"

He cleared his throat. "That is a possibility. However, let me make something very clear to you, Y/n. You must absolutely heed your instincts on this mission. We don't know the full extent of the culprit's abilities. We're not even sure how many of them we're dealing with, so you can't throw caution to the wind with this one. I'm sure I don't need to remind you how valuable you are to us." And to me, he thought.

"Understood," Y/n said, beaming with excitement over his concern for her.

"Very well. I will send for Chuuya and brief him on the matter. You may wait downstairs."

Y/n glanced to her side with wide eyes while pretending to pout. "But I think I'll miss you when I'm gone. Oh, what to do?" She glanced back at him.

Mori noticed her joking demeanor and decided to play along. "I'm not sure. Maybe you should consult a doctor about your issue. You may even need bed rest."

"You could just say it too, you know," she said, frowning for real this time.

He grinned, softly gazing at her. "I will indeed miss you, Y/n. In fact, with every waking moment that you are not by my side, even in my dreams, I never don't long to see your face and hear your voice. It is the only medicine I desire for my bloody and withered soul."

Y/n glanced away, blinded by his radiant smile.

Mori decided that it was the right time to give the item to her. "I can't help but adore the look you make, Y/n. Shall I entice you even more?" He stood closer to her. Y/n tilted her head to the side in confusion, her heartbeat accelerating. "Hold still," he said, walking behind her. Mori pulled out the amethyst necklace that he had been keeping safe for Y/n and clasped it around her neck. "I believe this was yours."

Y/n's eyes widened. She didn't even realize that her necklace had been missing to begin with. "You found it. How?" She said in a soft tone with her mouth agape. She was touched that of all things, it was this little ring on a silver chain that she had bought at that boutique that found its way back to Mori.

"I'm more interested in how you didn't notice it was missing. Not that observant, are we, Y/n?" He said, chuckling.

"I was just distracted. Thank you for finding it," Y/n said, with a gracious smile.

"Is it that important to you?" He asked, ignoring her misguided assumption that he was the one who found it instead of Chuuya.

Y/n knew exactly why she had bought it. "Uh, it's time for that mission now, yes? Okay, I'll go wait for Chuuya," she said, dodging his question.

Mori sighed. She still hasn't gotten over that bad habit of hers, he thought. "Then, you may go. I'll send Chuuya your way shortly, so report back to me if anything significant arises on your mission."

"Will do, boss—Mori," she said, hesitating on whether she should still call him her boss now that they were closer.

He liked seeing her confused. "Do you still only see me as your boss, Y/n?" He said.

"Does it bother you?"

"Try something more intimate," he said, smiling.

"Then—Rintarou?" She replied.

His eyes softened at her calling him by his first name. He smiled. "Then, you may call me that. But only for you. No one else. Let it be a sign that you are mine."

"Then, I will see you soon, Rintarou," she said. Y/n felt the frigidness of winter dissipate as the warmth of his name bound his existence to hers. What would the other members think of her referring to him so informally? Oh well, she thought.

"Be safe, Y/n." He really didn't want her to go yet.

As she was heading to the door, Y/n paused in her tracks. She turned around and walked over to Mori. "Oh, and I forgot—" She said, kissing him on his lips, "I love you too."

She left in a hurry to avoid seeing his reaction, but what remained plastered on his face was a blush so heavy that he had to take extra time to calm down before meeting with Chuuya.

Thank you for reading, lovelies!   :)   ///   To be continued... 🧡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 4.7K 28
A girl named y/n was walking home after a long day at school to go home and watch some of her Favourite Anime Bungou stray dogs. When suddenly she di...
37.5K 893 20
Dazai ex Port mafia executive, Y/n current Port mafia executive they were past lovers until the sudden disappearance of Dazai Osamu and was found on...
486K 17.3K 62
At a young age, my parents were killed by the Port Mafia and I was captured, taken to their labs. You see, Mori-san wanted to see if he could give pe...
16.7K 441 25
Soukoku gets a criminal child and some trouble Or Mori-san is no longer the boss of the Port Mafia. Dazai Osamu is the youngest boss in the history...