The star crossed lovers || Jo...

By Sapphiresmoon_

Mr. Brightside II How will Sofia and João's relationship survive the new hardships they face ? More

O N E
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
F I V E . F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V EN
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F O U R T E E N . F I V E
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N

T W O

205 3 4
By Sapphiresmoon_

July 6, 2023

"Where are you ?" Casemiro's voice comes from my phone.

"Parking lot," I say, "I just got here."

"I think I see you," he says, "I'm coming."

"With Mount's jersey," I tell him.

"Obviously," he says hanging up.

I step out of the rental, closing the door and locking it. I go on my phone to text João and let him know I just got to the stadium.

My golden boy <3

Me: Just got here

My golden boy: Send me a picture of you in Mason's jersey

Me: Waiting on it... Casemiro is slow 🥱

My golden boy: You're mean
Where are you staying ?

Me: Idk yet 🫣

My golden boy: Figure it out quickly and let me know

Me: Yessir
Lisandro just offered me his place 🫣

My golden boy: Oh stinky, you're so funny

Me: Thank you, I'll be here for the rest of your life

My golden boy: You better ;)

Me: No place I'd rather be
I'll talk to you later, Casemiro just got here
I love you

My golden boy: I love you, stinky, behave !!
Let me know where you're staying and when you're in

Me: Yessir 🫡

My golden boy: God, I miss you.

I laugh tucking my phone in my pants pocket as Casemiro arrives. "Seriously ?" He asks, "an Al Nassr jersey ?"

"Yes," I say taking the jersey from him, "I'm putting this bad boy on inside, I want Ten Hag to see me with this one," I motion to the Al Nassr jersey.

We walk towards the entrance and I extend the jersey in front of me to get a good look at it. I flip it over to see his name on it.

"They gave him the seven," I say surprised.

"They sure did," he says opening the door for me.

"Does Garnacho know ?" I ask.

"He freaked," he nods.

"How pissed is he ?" I ask.

"Pissed is an understatement," he laughs. "Come on, Mount's this way."

"Ten Hag in his office ?" I ask eyeing the door.

"Mount's outside," he says ignoring my question.

"I'll be out in a sec," I say walking to Ten Hag's door.

"You menace, just come on," he says.

"Go on without me, I'll be there soon," I ignore him knocking on the office door.

"Come in," I hear.

I walk in to see a busy Ten Hag working on what I assume is Mason's paperwork. I close the door behind me, waiting for him to look up. He takes his sweet time before he finally places his pen down looking up and locking eyes with me.

"Cute jersey," he scoffs, "come to mock me ?"

"I didn't come all the way to Manchester to mock you Erik," I say "don't flatter yourself; I came to see Mason," I show him the jersey, "but I figured since I'm here, why not make the most of my visit," I shrug.

"Why pause your World Cup training for this ?" He asks.

"To come see my friend's presentation with a club that was once legendary ?" I ask, "because, I like to support my friends," I tell him.

"A club that was once legendary ?" He raises a brow.

"My dad saved this club from relegation last season and from what I've seen these past six months," I take a deep breath, "you're not making it far this season."

"So little faith in your friends, bird," he says.

"First of all, don't call me that," I glare at him, "and second of all, you've got good players, but even they can't save this club from the hell you've made it. I wonder who will get blamed this time around," I scoff, "my dad isn't around to be your punching bag anymore."

"Your dad wasn't my punching bag," he defends himself, "just not good enough for my club," he shrugs.

"Not good enough ?" I laugh, "not good enough ? He's the best playing the world, like I said, he saved this club from relegation, but even his talent alone couldn't win you the prem."

"We don't need your daddy," he spits, "we'll thrive just fine without him."

"When ?" I ask, "that's not rhetorical, by the way, I'm genuinely curious, because you've had six months to do it, and my daddy, has scored more goals in those six months than your entire club."

"Is that all, Sofia ?" He asks.

I smile to myself knowing I got under his skin. "Yes," I smile innocently. I walk out of his office, and head to the nearest restroom to swap my jersey.

I quickly change jerseys and walk out holding onto the Al Nassr one in my hands.

"What are you doing here ?" An all too familiar voice asks.

"Swallowing my pride," I laugh.

"Ah, you're here to talk to Lisandro ?" He asks.

"Fuck no," I scoff, "I'm here to see Mount."

"The new number seven," he rolls his eyes.

"Casemiro was right," I laugh.

"I'm happy for him, but come on," he groans, "your dad is my idol, I've been gunning for that number since Ten Hag ran him out of the club."

"I'm sorry," I say giving him an apologetic smile.

"What you got there ?" He asks.

"This ?" I ask lifting the jersey, "Al Nassr jersey," I shrug, "I was wearing it, and Casemiro gave me Mason's."

"Can I have it ?" He asks.

"I was wearing it, Ale, I sprayed perfume on it, it smells like me," I tell him.

"I'll wash it," he shrugs, "I'll trade ya, give you one of mine in return."

"Deal," I say giving him the jersey.

"I'll walk you to Mount," he says leading the way while we catch up.

We make our way out to the field to see he's done with his media stuff. I walk over and jump on his back. "I missed you," I say kissing his cheek.

"What are you doing here ?" He asks turning to look at me.

"I'm really tired of that question," I roll my eyes, "do you people not have anything better to ask ? I'm obviously here to see you."

"It's nice to see you Sofia," he says as I jump off his back and he pulls me into a hug. "This means I'm your favorite right ?"

I laugh, "I went to Kai's presentation too and I'll be at Christian's, so no, still not picking favorites."

"Liar," he says, "I'm calling those losers right now and telling them you're here."

"No, don't do that," I say pulling his phone out of his hands, "it's supposed to be a surprise."

"I won't ruin this for you," he winks at me and I silently thank him.

"Your boyfriend know you're here princess ?" I hear Lisandro asks and I roll my eyes. "Wouldn't want him to get jealous knowing you're here to see me."

"Ha, you wish," I scoff, "I actually hoped to avoid you," I say glaring at Bruno, "thanks for feeding me to the lion."

"Hey, you waltzed into the lion's den, or should I say devil's," Lisandro says, "point is, don't blame him."

"How long are you staying for ?" Mason ask ignoring Lisandro.

"I'll be back in Portugal tomorrow night, I just had to come out here for your big day," I smile at him. "To be exact, my flight leaves at 3:15PM tomorrow."

"Where are you staying ?" He asks.

"I was thinking of a hotel, but I think Casemiro would kill me," I laugh.

"You still have a room at my place," Lisandro says, "it'll always be there for you."

"I'd rather sleep on the streets," I tell him.

"So feisty," he says, "I'm being serious though, Sof."

"Pass," I say, "like genuinely."

"Why do you hate me ?" He asks.

"Now's not the time nor the place," I warn.

"Lisandro, leave the girl alone," Dalot warns.

"No, I want to know why she would switch up over a boy," Lisandro says.

"We'll give you guys a few minute to talk," Mason says looking over to me for some reassurance and I nod. The group of boys walks away and I take a deep breath.

"I didn't switch up over a boy, you asshole," I say shoving him, "you did. You tacked my boyfriend, a complete red card, and you watched as the ref tried to downplay it as a yellow and a free kick, hell you plotted the whole thing and don't you dare try to gaslight me and tell me it's all in my head. I'm not an idiot, Lisandro, and you know that, don't take me for a fool.

"When you came to my aid online when my ex was speaking out of his ass, I thought we could potentially moved past the World Cup situation, because contrary to your beliefs, João wasn't against us being friends even though he knows you're in love with me. All I asked was that you apologized and I know you, I know you were laughing at me through that phone screen while you texted me, I'm not stupid.

"If you really cared about me, you would've swallowed your pride and apologized, because you fucked up, and it's the right thing to do. You didn't, you proceeded to disrespect him and my relationship, and you assumed that I'd keep something from him.

"Lis, I've had several times to choose you, and I'm sorry, but I only saw you as a friend. If you respected me, you would've stopped, but you didn't, and you still haven't now that I have a boyfriend. I don't want to be your friend anymore," I admit, "I'm done, I just want my peace. When you see me around, it's okay to say hi and make casual conversation, but that's it. Respect my boundaries or so help me god the next time you see me you'll have to pay to be in the same room as me."

"Call him," he says, "I'll swallow my pride for you, if it means so much to you, I'll apologize. Call him right now and I swear I'll apologize."

"You're a little too late," I say.

I walk away and my phone begins to ring. It's a FaceTime call from João.

"Hi, my love," I smile answering the call.

"Hey, don't kill me, but I just realized my flight is tonight," he says.

"Ugh," I groan, "I don't know how you two survive without me. Just make sure everything is ready for Jude, I'll be there the 14th early morning to welcome him, and then I'm back in Portugal."

"Yeah," João says, "Cris and I finished setting up his room earlier."

"Okay, good," I sigh.

"Also the girls say they need your jersey for the cup," he tells me.

"Yeah, I'll get them some in Portugal," I tell him.

"Speaking of jerseys, bring me back a Mason one," he smiles at me, "the away ones look nice too, I want one of those."

I laugh walking back over to the big group, "alright, João says he wants a Mount jersey and I want some away jerseys too, I don't care whose, but I want some."

"Are you on the phone with him ?" Dalot asks, "let us say hi."

"Good idea," I say handing him the phone, "I have to go to the restroom, make sure he doesn't hang up on me before I get a chance to say goodbye," I shout rushing back inside the building.

I walk over to the restroom once again and when I walk out I bump into Facundo Pellistri.

"Sofia," he smiles at me, "how are you ?"

"Good," I say hugging him, "how are you ?"

"Good, what are you doing here ?" He asks.

"Mount," I laugh showing him my jersey.

"You better leave with one of mine," he says.

"You better give me like four," I laugh, "my boyfriend wants some too."

"Have you seen the away kit ?" He asks, "I really like it."

"Me too, it's really nice," I say as we begin to walk back out. "Where is my boyfriend ?" I ask the group. Garnacho points at Lisandro. "That's not funny, I'm being serious," I glare at him.

"As am I, Licho has your phone," he tells me.

"What the fuck," I groan, "who gave him my phone ?" I walk over to Lisandro extending my hand for him to place my phone in it. "Give me my phone," I tell him.

"Relax, princess, we're making amends," Lisandro tells me, "he's accepted my apology, we're all good."

I snatch my phone from his hand, "you and I are not," I say, "I'll be civil, but that's it, my boundaries stand, like I said, respect them, or you lose me for good."

"C'mon, princess, don't do this to me," he says.

"You did this to yourself," I say walking away. "Secured us several jerseys," I tell João, "Facundo has agreed to give me like fifty," I laugh.

"I'll give you some Uruguay ones too," Facundo winks.

"I look good in blue," João laughs.

"That you do," I wink at the screen.

"Alright, you guys can all come over for lunch," Casemiro says. "Your room is set to go at my house," he tells me.

"Thank you," I smile at him, "I'm staying with Casemiro it looks like," I tell João.

"No, she's staying with me," Garnacho says.

"I already told her her room is good to go back at mine," Lisandro says.

"My house is an option too," Dalot says, "just throwing it out there."

"Mine too," Bruno says.

"I'm a hot commodity," I tell João. "Casemiro told me first," I tell the group.

"I did," Lisandro argues.

"I'm not staying at yours," I say.

"Friends stay at each other's houses, Sofia," he says.

"We're not friends, Lisandro, we're merely acquaintances," I tell him.

"That hurts, princess," he crosses his arms over his chest.

"You put yourself in this position," I defend myself.

"Babe, my mom also wants your jersey, for Portugal, she wants to go see you play," João wiggles his brows, "the boys too."

"Ugh, I get so nervous when your mom watches my games," I laugh.

"No pressure," he laughs.

"No," I laugh, "none at all."

"I'll call you before my flight," he says.

"Okay, bye I love you," I tell him.

"I love you more," he says, "oh and before I forget, Camavinga and Tchouaméni are staying over until you get back for Jude's presentation."

"Good," I say and we hang up.

"Let's go," Casemiro says.

"I'll drive you and Mount," Lisandro says, "or is that too much ?"

"I have a rental," I say digging in my pocket for the keys.

"I'll go with you," Mason says throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"I better have a stack of Man United jerseys to take back with me," I say, "go grab them now."

"And an Al Nassr one," Casemiro adds.

"Alejandro took that one from me," I laugh, "it was signed too," I pout.

"Oh, how on earth are you gonna get a signed Cristiano Ronaldo jersey now ?" Dalot jokes.

"If only he was your dad, you'd have all the signed jerseys you could possibly want," Garnacho rolls his eyes.

"Or anything she could possibly want," Mason adds and I laugh.

"Alright, alright, I get it," I playfully roll my eyes. "We'll see you all over there."

Mason and I walk over to my car and he gets in the passenger seat. "Look at me being your passenger princess," he jokes.

"You're so dumb," I laugh, "how are you liking Manchester so far ?"

"It's a beautiful city," he says, "team's great, everyone is pretty cool."

"That's great, I'm glad you're finding your way here already," I smile at him. "Did Garnacho give you any trouble because of the number ?"

"He wasn't pleased," Mason laughs, "he'll get over it, he's a cool guy, we get along," he shrugs.

"That's good," I say, "listen, about what I said back in London..."

"It's already forgotten," he smiles at me.

"I was being a shit friend, because you're right, what if your experience is different," I sigh, "I'm really sorry again for my uncalled for comments."

"You were coming from a good place," he says, "I'm not holding it against you. How are you and João navigating in Madrid ?" He asks, "you guys have a kid over there."

I laugh, "two actually, and although they're very chaotic, Floki and Shadow are finding their way together."

"I meant your brother," he laughs, "you know the actual human being you two are in charge of."

"Oh," I laugh, "right, Cristiano, they all drive me insane," I tell him. "We have breakfast and dinner together, all three of us, João and I get one night for date night, with a curfew," I laugh, "we go to the gym together as well, and hang out together. It's very much like we are a little family now that I think about it."

"Cristiano gives you a curfew ?" He laughs.

"Can you believe it ?" I laugh, "but to be fair João did give him a curfew as well, so I suppose fair is fair."

"Cristiano is a good kid though," he says, "he stays out of trouble."

"More like causes trouble," I sigh, "him and João are so chaotic together."

"They must be a headache," Mason jokes.

"The grey hairs aren't noticeable, are they ?" I joke. "They're not so bad, it's like Kai and João but slightly more reasonable."

"So everything is going smooth ?" He asks.

"Yeah, the change hasn't been drastic," I admit, "so pretty normal; Jude will be staying with us for a while though, so that's gonna be big change, but again, I don't think it'll be too drastic."

"Oh man, Jude Bellingham to Real Madrid, that's crazy," he says.

"I know," I say, "but it's very much well deserved, the kid is incredible."

"If he doesn't win Golden Boy, the award is rigged," he agrees. "There's not a single player around his age playing at his level, that kid is a Machine."

"Mhm," I hum, "so don't be surprised when Real Madrid kick your but at that friendly in the states," I laugh.

"So cocky," he says.

"Have you seen Real Madrid play ?" I ask.

"Fair enough," he laughs running a hand through his hair, "but we're gonna give you guys hell."

"We'll see," I laugh as I park the car.

"Thank you for coming out here," Mason says, "Chelsea is all I've known, and it's nice to see familiar faces, but it's not the same, and it means the world to me that you're putting your training on pause to come check up on me, especially considering..." he trails off.

"I'll try to come out as much as I possibly can," I smile at him as we get out, "and as long as he respects my boundaries, I'll be on my best behavior," I say, "last thing I wanna do is make you uncomfortable."

"You really are the best," he says pulling me in for a hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27 0 9
Will you and Yoongi survive? Is your love going to survive or is it just a bad love.
37K 1.6K 91
BOOK TWO: This is the Sequel to "All She Knows". So if you haven't read that book, start there. What will happen now that Bruno's moved to Los Ángel...
6.9K 160 18
Sequel to Secrets. Read that first. This answers the major cliff hanger. Now, that Mark and Lexie are married their life just got a little harder. Ca...
190K 4.7K 27
When a cheerleader falls hard for the new quarterback from Texas what will happen