T E N

September 1, 2023

We arrive at the Camp Nou and I eagerly exit the car.

"Easy tiger," Fernando tells me, "João can't know you're here yet."

"I know," I sigh.

"Don't tell me you were rushing out to see Ferran," he jokes.

"Not funny," I roll my eyes.

"Your boyfriend likes him," Fernando shrugs.

"I don't care, I don't, he's a loser with a small ego," I say walking towards the Stadium.

We walk inside and Fernando leads us through to avoid João and anyone that can possibly spoil the surprise. We walk out onto the field while Fernando grabbed a ball so we can kick it around a bit.

"Oh my god," I say eyeing the poster of my man, "that man is so fine."

We hear chatter coming from one direction and Fernando shoves us all behind the posters. I hear voices from several people, some I make out. For certain, I know it's João Cancelo, my João and LaPorta, also who I assume is the media team and camera people.

I sit patiently for what feels like the most excruciating hours of my life; in reality its just like 20-30 minutes, but I want to see my man.

"We're finally done," LaPorta tells the boys. "You're both officially culés, enjoy it."

I hear footsteps walking away from where I'm stood and I assume its LaPorta and the camera crew. I look over to Fernando for approval, because I just want to walk out from behind this wall and kiss my boyfriend. To my surprise, he nods and I excitedly walk out to find both Joãos with their backs to me. I walk over to my boy wrapping my arms around his torso, laying my head on his back.

"I was about to push you off, and then I saw the bracelet," he laughs, "and the rings."

"Did you miss me ?" I ask releasing him allowing him to turn around to see me.

"Oh of course I have," he says cupping my cheeks, "shouldn't you be on a plane to Madrid right now ?"

"I lied," I smile pecking his cheek.

"You missed," he whispers.

"There's people around," I whisper back laughing, lightly slapping his chest. "Let me greet Cancelo, while you say hi to the girls."

He reluctantly releases me. I walk over to Cancelo as he pulls me in for a hug. "Real Madrid princess in a Barcelona Jersey ?" He raises his brow.

I groan, "don't even remind me," I roll my eyes, "the things you do for love. How are you liking it here ?"

"It's nice," he smiles at me, "I mean we just got here, you know, but so far so good, everyone's been so nice and so welcoming, so I'm excited."

"That's good, I'm excited for you, for the both of you."

"Even if we're gonna wipe he floor with your club ?" He asks.

I laugh, "You wish ! Have you seen Bellingham play ?" I ask, "that kid is dangerous."

"You questioning my skills as a defender ?" He asks in disbelief.

"No," I giggle, "not necessarily, but I'm definitely not gonna question Jude's skills; kid's not even a striker," I shrug.

"Mhm," he hums, "but we'll see when the clásico comes around, Barcelona already beat them and that's before Félix and I joined the team."

"That was preseason," I shrug, "you guys stand no chance."