N I N E

August 31st 2023

"How are we getting to the hotel ?" Nessa asks.

"Uber, duh," I say yawning as we grab our stuff from the baggage claim. We just landed in Barcelona and it's late. We had booked an earlier flight but it got pushed back unfortunately. "Are you all sure you grabbed everything ?" I ask as we walk towards the waiting area to wait for the Uber, "I don't want y'all complaining saying you forgot things."

"Oh shit, I dropped my bag," Fer says as she stops in her tracks.

Nessa groans as we make our way back to baggage claim. Fernanda notices her bag in the hands of a guy in his early twenties who seems to be walking up to us.

"You dropped this," the guy smiles at Fernanda.

"Thanks," Fer smiles at him politely taking her bag.

"This isn't a meet cute pal, she has a boyfriend," Ivone tells the boy who sheepishly smiles.

"We all do," I laugh as I see he turns his attention to Nessa.

"Thanks again for the bag though," Nessa says as we begin to walk away.

"You didn't have to be mean to him," Fernanda says.

"Please, that was us being nice," Ivone says, "he was looking at us like a kid in a candy store. Poor boy probably knocked your bag down on purpose so you'd come back to get it."

"Whatever, let's just go wait for the Uber," Fernanda laughs.

We make our way to the waiting area, sitting through a few minutes until I get a notification saying the Uber was arriving soon. I informed the girls and we all grabbed our stuff to head out.

"Fernanda, grab all your stuff, we don't need you leaving with 50 airport boyfriends," Ivone says.

We all laugh as we make our way out of the airport to the Uber waiting for us outside. We load our luggage onto the suv and climb inside. The Uber driver makes small talk as he drives us over to our hotel.

Once we arrive at our destination, we climb out and get all our luggage, making sure no one (Fernanda) is forgetting anything. We make our way inside to check in and we arrive at our first problem.

"What do you mean you don't have my room ?" I ask the attendant.

"I'm sorry, must've been a scheduling mix up, we've double booked," she sighs apologetically. "On the bright side, the guests should be checking out tomorrow morning at 11AM, I'll have housekeeping go in there and clean, it should be good to go at 12PM."

"So what, we're supposed to wait til 12PM tomorrow to get some sleep ?" Ivone groans.

"Ivone," I say in a warning tone, "forgive her, she's irritable when she's tired. Do you have any other rooms available ?"

"Of course," she smiles, "they're not as luxurious as the suite of course, but they'll do for the night. I'm terribly sorry for the mix up, I'll get you guys checked into four rooms on the house and then get you all settled in the suite later."

"That's not necessary, we could do two double rooms." I say.

"Just get one double, it's only for the night, we can get situated fine," Fernanda says.

I look over at Nessa and Ivone for confirmation. Nessa nods and Ivone grumbles, "I just want to sleep," she whines.

"One double is fine," I smile at the woman helping us, "you have my card on file, go ahead and ring it in for the same nights as the suite; I won't be sleeping with them if they get annoying," I whisper to her and she laughs.