S E V E N

August 27, 2023, 6:15PM

"Okay, we're leaving," I shout as I walk downstairs to wait for the girls.

"Do you need anyone to drive you to the airport ?" Sammy asks.

"No," I shake my head, "we're leaving with the team, everyone is meeting up at the stadium. We're taking the team bus to the airport."

I say my goodbyes to the boys and make my way over to my baby brother and he pulls me in for a hug. "Behave, Cristiano," I tell him, "I'll only be gone a few days."

"I know," he groans as I ruffle his hair as we pull apart.

"You behave," João says as he pulls me in for a hug.

"I always do," I tell him.

"Have a good game," he tells me placing a kiss on my forehead.

"And you a good presentation," I tell him.

"Which you won't be there for," he pouts.

"If I could, I would," I tell him pecking his pouty lips. "Cooper, Miguel, let my girls go, we have to go !"

The girls walk towards me and João gives me one final goodbye kiss. "I love you," I tell him. 

"I love you more," he says letting me go.

We walk out the door and into my car, they boys had previously placed our bags in there, how sweet, I didn't even have to threaten to strangle any of them.

I drive over to the Stadium, to meet the rest of the girls. I introduce the team to Ivone and Fernanda, and allow them to get acquainted as we pile onto the bus. We drive over to the airport. When we arrive, we head up to the private jet allowing the workers to load our luggage onboard. I take my phone out to text João letting him know we're off soon.

My golden boy <3

Me: Mi amor, we're boarding now, we should be taking off soon

My golden boy: Let me know when you land, amor mio
Have a safe flight, I love you 😚

Me: I love you more 😚

I then text my family group chat as well.

Familia <3

Me: Flight is taking off to Mexico soon, margaritas here I come !!

Cristiano: Have a safe flight

Papi: Matilde, don't, stay focused

Me: Just jokes, daddy !!
Thank you, Cris <3

Mother: I'll see you there

Me: You're coming ?!

Mother: I'm here
Definitely not missing your first game as a Madridista

Me: I love you

I send the message out and put my phone on airplane mode waiting for the plane to take off.

August 28, 2023 8:30AM

I yawn stretching as we finally land. I hate long flights but I suppose I can't complain too much when I'm in a country as beautiful as Mexico. I walk off the plane covering my eyes as the sun hits me right in the face.

"Alright, we need to get us all checked into the hotel," Alberto Toril our head coach says, "we have practice at 7PM."

"We just landed," Claudia groans trying to suppress a yawn.