FAILING IN LOVE | VKOOK

By Ashitanoyon

✅Completed✅ Taehyung's boyfriend's last word was to find someone who truly needs him in their life and to mak... More

Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45: EPILOGUE

Chapter 1: PROLOGUE

2.3K 76 21
By Ashitanoyon

                                 🥀

In a room full of silence, could only hear the sound of the heart rate monitor. Soft wind was coming through the window making the whole room a little chilly. The sky was looking a dark bluish by the moon which was floating over the ocean of stars.

The moonlight was coming through the window, illuminating the dim room.

Taehyung was looking out the window, his dull eyes staring at the sky. Heavy bags were visible under those swollen-red-puffy eyes. Tired face, the once beautiful tan skin now looking pale. His Lips dry, rough, and slightly white which used to be a cherry red color. Taehyung was looking like shit.

The habit of licking his own lips long forgotten, his mind was blank. No, another thought was coming in his mind except one, his boyfriend.

Taehyung was sitting on a tool next to the hospital bed where his boyfriend, Jimin was laying on. His both hands were holding Jimin's small one securely.

Jimin was sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. Many cables and monitors were connected with his small body, showing his health condition. heavy dark circles were around his eyes, pale skin, dry lips, Jimin's once puffy cheeks weren't there anymore, he was only bones and skins now.

Pause, before we continue let's rewind the time from 4 years ago, shall we?

Taehyung and Jimin are boyfriends for almost 4 years now. Their story begins in the college days. No, their story wasn't the type of 'college famous bad boy falling for the innocent little bean.' Their story was rather normal.

Taehyung was a psychological student where Jimin was an art student. Jimin was a victim of bullying. In his high school days, he often gets bullied because of his weight, calling him names and all.

Jimin wasn't overweighted, he was just a cute little mochi. But those brainless bullies could never understand. After that Jimin started to dieting, skipping dinner and only eating salad and fruits. Even sometimes eating nothing at all.

He thought he could escape from the bullies when he'll leave Busan and Join the Seoul University. But no, he was wrong. The bullies in his college were more disturbing. When Jimin tries to eat at the college campus those bullies would come and snatched his food from him and throw it to the trashbin.

And one-day the intense bullying caught Taehyungs eyes. When Taehyung saw the bullies were tormenting Jimin at the campus. He walks towards them and stood for Jimin. And that moment at the first time Jimin felt safe. Cause no one ever stands for him.

Taehyung took him to the college rooftop and listened to all the bullying that happened with him. Taehyung comforted Jimin and said that he was perfect and very, very prettyTaehyung even gave him his burger which he was about to eat but thought Jimin needs it more than him.

And that moment for the first time, Jimin felt butterflies.

After that Taehyung and Jimin started to hang out together, Eating together at the campus, reading books at the library. Jimin would tell about how beautiful and important art is for our daily life and Taehyung would listen to him with such fondness in his eyes.

They become best friend's in such a short time.

And then one-day Taehyung suddenly asked Jimin out and when Jimin said yes he felt he was the happiest man in the world.

After only two months of dating they confessed their feelings to each other and one night in Taehyungs house rooftop in a mini date, he asked Jimin to be his boyfriend and of course, Jimin said 'yes'. Jimin swore that he had to hug Taehyung tightly so that Taehyung wouldn't fall from the rooftop because of the way he was squealing in happiness.

After that Jimin's life completely changed. No more nights with tears and loneliness. No more bad days. The bullies were still there but Taehyung was always there to remind Jimin that he was special. And what else does Jimin want?

Their first kiss, first date as boyfriends, first time, everything was so special for Jimin. Taehyung would always make sure to make every single moment with Jimin to be special.

Jimin never felt that lucky in his whole life. Every moment with Taehyung was surreal, every moment with Taehyung was worth it.

After their graduation, Jimin moved into Taehyungs place. He pursues his dream which was to be a dancer and found a job as a dance teacher. Taehyung, the amazing boyfriend he is, supported him and encouraged him to pursue his dream, unlike his parents who are busy with only work, work, and work.

Jimin felt like he was living his whole life in just those few years. He was so happy.

After three years of their relationship, Jimin found something weird in his health condition. He wasn't the type of guy to get tired easily but he noticed that he was getting weaker and weaker day by day. He stopped dieting three years ago and his body was pretty fit, But he was still losing weight.

Taehyung asked him if he was again started to diet but Jimin answered him honestly that he wasn't.

One day Jimin visits a doctor without telling Taehyung and what he found out, he never expected this to come.

Jimin was suffering from leukemia.

He didn't tell Taehyung anything, he hides this matter from Taehyung for eight months. But Taehyung wasn't dumb, he noticed how Jimin was losing his weight and how weak he was getting. But when he asked about his health condition Jimin would always brush it off by saying he overworked himself or any other excuse.

He didn't tell Taehyung because Taehyung already did so much for him. He didn't want to bother him more. He doesn't want to be a burden.

But when Taehyung noticed those red spots on Jimin's skin he wasn't getting any of it. So when Jimin was out for work he searched every single corner of their shared room and discovered a file, and from that file what he found out he wasn't ready for it.

His boyfriend, Jimin was at the last stage of leukemia.

And He had only two months...

After that Taehyung completely broke down but he never showed it to Jimin, he always pretends to be strong so that his Jiminie won't lose hope.

Taehyung was again didn't disappoint Jimin. He was such a supportive boyfriend and comforted Jimin every now and then that they'll get over this.

Taehyung would take care of Jimin, not let him do any work, give his medicines, showered him with love and affection but after he would tell Jimin to rest in their bedroom, tuck him on their bed, kiss his forehead with a loving smile, and then break down on the kitchen floor and cry his eyes out.

One day Taehyung came home from the grocery and met with the most horrible site, the last thing he wanted to see. He found Jimin's unconscious body laying on the living room floor. And here they are now...

Jimin is now admitted to a hospital for one week now. Taehyung will always tell him that they'll get over this but Jimin knows that they won't.

Jimin knows he wouldn't survive...

"TaeTae" Taehyung's thoughts got interrupted by the weak voice which was barely a whisper.

He averted his gaze from the beautiful sky to his boyfriend, who was even more beautiful. Taehyung tightening the grip around his boyfriend's hand.

"Yes, baby?" Taehyung said, his voice weak and groggy, probably for lack of food and water.

Jimin pulled the oxygen mask down and smiles up at Taehyung.

"Chim no, what are you doing? Put it back" Taehyung said, slightly scolding his boyfriend's behavior.

Jimin just shook his head slowly, the smile never fading away from his face. The smile Taehyung got all the encouragement and energy from to not to break down seeing his once bubbly Jiminie looking like this.

"You know... I'm the one here sick... Not you silly. But look at you... Looking like a zombie" Jimin said and giggled cutely. his voice slightly groggy too.

Taehyung's tired eyes softened after hearing his boyfriend's giggles and he smiles too.

"Gotta match you know?" Taehyung said and they both chuckle at the foolishness.

Jimin free his hand from Taehyung's strong grip and placed his palm over Taehyung's cheek, caressing it with his thumb.

Taehyung took Jimin's hand on his own hand and placed a small kiss over his palm.

"We'll get over this. You'll make it and then everything will be alright. The doctor said you'll get well soon." Taehyung said while looking down at Jimin with a sad smile.

"Stop lying Tae... I know you, know that I don't have much time on my hand. You have to face the truth, Tae." Jimin said watching Taehyungs smile fading away from his face and his eyes started to water but he was trying his best to hold it back.

"No, you know nothing. You're going to make it and we're going home. Together." Taehyung said tightening his grip on Jimin's hand again.

"Tae, you made my life so happy. Every second, every minute, every hour, every day with you was so special for me that even if I die today, at least I'll die happy and I'll be grateful for this." Taehyung shook his head aggressively while a tear slips down from the corner of his eyes.

"D-Don't say like that, Chim. P-Please, don't. I-I can't live w-without you." Taehyung was choking on his own words because of how hard he was crying right now and his voice was slightly shivering. Kim Taehyung just broke down in front of his Jimin for the first time.

"You have to, Tae... You have to live without me...

In this world... I know someone is waiting for you... Someone who truly needs you, someone maybe as hopeless as I was, maybe less... or maybe more. But there is always that... someone who will make your life butterfly and rainbow again, you just need to find them." Jimin said while slightly panting which got unnoticed by Taehyung who was busying crying his eyes out.

"I don't want anyone but you," Taehyung said while Jimin was caressing his head.

Jimin smiled softly at his stubborn boyfriend, still caressing his head.
"When God sends us to this world he already made our destiny. He already paired us with that one special person. And I know... I know that you are the one for me, but I just realized that I'm not the one for you?" Taehyung looks at Jimin in confusion, he knitted his eyebrows together, not getting the last part.

Jimin smiled at him "You maybe the one for me Tae, but I'm not the one for you. That one special person... is still waiting for you... waiting for you to come and take their hand. And if I'm being honest... I'm grateful, I'm grateful to have someone as the special one as amazing as you. God paired me with you, not you with me."

"So, I just want you to not give up and find that someone, to find that special person for you and only for you."

Taehyung stared at him with teary-eyes still not getting any of his boyfriend's blabbering. His mind was foggy.

Jimin smiled at Taehyung, his breathing going heavier and heavier at the time pass by and he doesn't notice when a tear ran down over his porcelain skin. "I-It's time, Tae..."

"H-huh?" Taehyung snapped his head up and looks at Jimin with confused and scared eyes.

Jimin shook his head and intertwined their fingers together. "Tae... Promise me one thing" Taehyung stared at Jimin for a second and then slowly nods his head.

"Promise me, you'll- you'll find someone... and- and when you will find them... you'll m-make them happy just like you did to m-me...? P-promise me, T-Tae" Taehyung was losing his mind, he was scared, terrified. His hand was shaking by watching how Jimin's condition was getting worse.

"C-chim- oh my god your- your circumstance getting worse. No no no, Jimin, hold on- DOCTOR!"

"Baby, baby are you okay? Chim-" Taehyung was panicking watching Jimin like this. Jimin was Panting heavily, his chest going up and down,  sweat forming on his forehead, Tears continuously sliding down his face.

"Tae... J-just answer me. You'll find someone... please Tae, promise me-"

"Chim what are you talking about?! I told you we'll get over this. You'll be fine, we'll be fine! You're not going anywhere." Taehyung cried out, his every word was sounding like a pleading to him, pleading to him to just stop. To stop saying to find someone else because he can't tolerate it.

Jimin tightening his grip on Taehyungs hand and looked up at him with teary-pleading-eyes. "P-Please T-Taehyung... I-i don't h-have much t-ti..time. Just... Promise me, please?

"I-I..." Taehyung didn't know what to say or what to do. His boyfriend is in his death bed and pleading him to find someone else, what do you expect him to do?

"P-P-please Tae..." Jimin cried out. he was holding himself back just to hear those seven words, pleading him to answer him.

"I-i..." He licked his lips and squeeze his eyes shut. After some few seconds of silence he opened his eyes and there, he finally said it "I promise"

Jimin smiled again and loosened his grip on Taehyung's hand. "I-i love you, Tae..."

"I love you too, Chim"

"..."

"Chim?"

"..."

"Jiminie..."

"Baby?"

"J-Jimin!"

Taehyung looks up at the heart monitor and saw the line was straight, no more going up and down. Taehyung's eyes widened and he stands up instantly that the tool he was sitting on falls over the ground.

"JIMIN! BABY! BABY NO, BABY WAKE UP!!"

"DOCTOR! DOCTOR COME HERE PLEASE!!"

"JIMIN!! DON'T LEAVE ME!! WAKE UP BABY PLEASE I BEG YOU WAKE UP"

Taehyung was crying so hard that his throat was starting to burn but he didn't care.

"Jimin!"

"Chim..."

"T-Talk to me Jiminie..."

"Please..." Taehyung's voice now sounding like whispers. The remaining energy on him left him with his Jimin.

After a few seconds, doctors and nurses rushed into the room and started to check Jimin's condition. After some minute, the doctor sighed with a hopeless look "I'm sorry Taehyung..." The doctor stands behind him and lightly pats his shoulder for comfort.

Taehyung was standing there numb. Staring at Jimin's 'body' which was slowly getting blurry by the new tears pouring in his eyes.

And the more painful thing was that Jimin's eyes were still open and the smile was still lingering on his face.

Taehyung slowly walks towards Jimin's now lifeless body and crotch down to his face, his knees were giving up on him. He slowly hovered his shaky hand over Jimin's face and closes those pretty eyes which has a little pool of tears in it.

Taehyung kissed Jimin's forehead one last time.

"Be always happy there Jiminie..." Taehyung whispered while a tear slides down from his already swollen eyes.

There's a famous saying that sometimes we have to lose something precious in order to gain something priceless.

In Taehyung's matter, he doesn't know if he really loses that precious someone from his life to achieve something priceless. He doesn't know what the future will bring for him, he doesn't know that...

It wasn't the end of a story
       It was just the beginning...

Continue...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 6.9K 33
"If you walk out that door, I won't be here when you get back" Jungkook stared at Taehyung who just gave him an ultimatum, "We both know you won't do...
130K 4.5K 22
Mr. Jeon, Decide fast, I don't have a whole day for you. You have two options, your love or respect. Be ready, Next week we will get married in front...
393K 24.6K 36
Taehyung is scared to break up with his abusive boyfriend. That, until new student Jeon Jeongguk takes all his pain away and makes his life a better...
15.9K 653 17
Kim Taehyung...cute, bubbly, innocent boy, who was in love with playboy Jeon jungkook very much...but jungkook only wanted his body. on other hand...