Befriending The Most Powerful...

De mutsauceeee

Shao Ci was bound to the Befriending the Most Powerful Person system. After transmigrating he discovered that... Mais

《68》
《69》
《70》
《71》
《72》
《73》
《74》
《75》
《76》
《77》
《78》
《79》
《80》
《81》
《82》
《83》
《84》
《85》
《86》
《87》
《89》
《88》
《90》
《91》
《92》
《93》
《94》
《95》
《96》
《97》
《98》
《99》
《100》
《101》
《102》
《103》
《104》
《105》
《106》
《107》
《108》
《109》
《110》
《111》
《112》
《113》
《114》
《115》
《116》
《117》
《118》
《119》
《120》
《121》
《122》
《123》
《124》
《125》
《127》
《128》
《129》
《130》
《131》
《132》
《133》
《134》
《135》
《136》
《137》
《138》
《139》
《140》
《141》
《142》
《143》
《144》
《145》
《146》
《147》
《148》
《149》
《150》
《151》
《152》
《153》
《154》
《155》
《156》
《157》
《158》
《159》
《160》
《161》
《162》
《163》
《164》
《165》
《166》
《167》
《168》
《169》
《170》

《126》

543 12 3
De mutsauceeee

The world around him abruptly turned blank, and he emerged from the nightmarish realm. Shao Ci, still dazed, struggled to open his eyes, his throat parched as if engulfed in flames. A warm liquid was being gently administered to him.

His tongue grazed something soft and cool before his eyes shot open. Blue eyes met his, and he coughed up the liquid. "Kekekeke... Why use Wendell's method to wake me up after just falling asleep?"

"You're finally awake," Wendell calmly stated, patting Shao Ci's back and wiping water droplets from his lips. "Your clothes are wet; you should change."

Shao Ci, bewildered by the sudden awakening, inquired, "What happened?" Wendell frowned, "You've been in a coma for three days."

Realization hit Shao Ci, and he mumbled, "Three days? I didn't last long in the dream. Did I sleep that much in reality?" Wendell explained the events, expressing concern for Shao Ci's well-being.

As Shao Ci questioned the current situation, Wendell reassured him, "Everything is over." But Shao Ci couldn't shake off the feeling that things wouldn't end so easily.

Wendell, changing Shao Ci's clothes, gently touched his head. "You've been in a coma; I had to take care of you." Shao Ci blushed, insisting he could manage, but Wendell pointed out, "You still lack strength."

As Wendell cared for Shao Ci, a knight entered, excitedly announcing, "Master Brave is awake!" The revelation left Shao Ci perplexed, and he was ushered into Count John's study.

Earl John expressed gratitude for their bravery, attributing the awakening of others to their heroic efforts. Shao Ci's unease lingered – why did the nightmare awaken ordinary people, and what was its true intent?

Shao Ci sensed a conspiracy, and it seemed directed at him. Pondering over it gave him a headache.

Though it appeared that things had concluded, the group remained in Langton City due to Shao Ci's fragile health. The knights were content, enjoying hero treatment in the city.

Even though Shao Ci wished to avoid confronting the nightmare again, leaving abruptly was not an option. He had a mission – to purify that nightmare!

How to encounter Nightmare? Dreaming came to mind.

So, Shao Ci settled into bed for some rest.

Upon opening his eyes, he found himself in a lavish restaurant, seated with a variety of dishes before him. He marveled at the spread.

Across from him sat a beautiful young man with black hair and red eyes. Leaning lazily, he greeted, "Welcome to my dream."

"Hello." Shao Ci unconsciously tensed, initially thinking of his primary goal – kissing Ewing. No, his real intention was to question what was happening.

Suppressing his nerves, Shao Ci continued, "What exactly are you trying to achieve? Waking those people up..."

"Is this all you want to ask in our rare meeting?" Ewings raised an eyebrow, coldly adding, "If someone else asked, I might kill them on the spot."

Shao Ci stiffened, sensing the truth in Ewings' actions.

Pleased with Shao Ci's reaction, Ewings smiled, "Don't worry. It's you, so even a dull question is interesting. At least, not now will I harm you."

Relieved by this capricious villain's assurance, Shao Ci pressed on, "So, about my question..."

Ewings sighed, "It's quite disheartening. I showed mercy, allowing those people to wake up. I expected praise, not criticism."

Shao Ci looked into Ewings' saddened eyes, feeling as though he had wronged the other person. Dealing with such individuals was not his forte.

"...I don't think you're a kind person," Shao Ci ventured.

"It's an exaggeration," Ewings admitted. "But you're correct. I have other intentions, perhaps playing a game with you or something?"

Recalling the previous dreadful 'game,' Shao Ci was reluctant. "I didn't want to tell you initially. Now, my good mood is ruined. But don't worry, I'm not interested in playing games today. I simply want to invite you to join me. Let's eat together – a reward for finding the answer last time."

"Really?" Shao Ci noticed the table laden with food but feigned disbelief. In truth, he was eager to indulge.

"Would I lie to you?" Ewings snapped his fingers, transforming the dishes into hot, aromatic delights. "Enjoy. Before the game starts, you need to relax."

Ignoring Ewings' subsequent words, Shao Ci focused on the feast before him.

Even if it was a dream, the food was indistinguishable from reality. Shao Ci savored unique dishes from various worlds, driven by an insatiable appetite.

Ewings observed Shao Ci's enjoyment with a smile.

Though the food was ordinary, Ewings relished watching Shao Ci indulge. The flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes betrayed delight. Even a courageous person, when it came to food, had no reservations about appearing bold or foolish. Ewings leaned towards the latter.

"Is there food on your face?" Ewings interrupted suddenly.

Startled, Shao Ci looked up, seemingly oblivious to Ewings' implication, his eyes carrying a hint of confusion.

Finding Shao Ci's expression cute, Ewings stood up, leaned over, licked a sauce off Shao Ci's cheek, and smiled. "Now it's gone."

Shao Ci: "??????"

"Must you be so shocked?" Ewings teased. "Have you not experienced more intense things?"

Shao Ci protested – the previous encounter was just a kiss. No need for such ambiguity!

Ewings, acknowledging the kiss, pointed out that Shao Ci initiated it. Feeling a tinge of regret, Shao Ci's happiness waned, even the delectable food failing to lift his spirits.

Beside him, Ewings remained cheerful. "Don't worry about me; keep eating."

Shao Ci determinedly continued to eat, realizing his ability to endure countless worlds and encounters with peculiar individuals stemmed from his adeptness at selectively ignoring certain aspects.

——
In the next few days, Shao Ci continued to dream of Ewings every night. Each time, Ewings seemed familiar with Shao Ci and invited him to enjoy various foods. Shao Ci found himself eating throughout the night, leaving him exhausted upon waking. To compensate for the lack of rest, he often had to sleep during the day.

Fortunately, Ewings didn't appear in the daytime. Despite Shao Ci's efforts to maintain a semblance of normalcy, he couldn't find a way to deal with the nightmare through consultations and visits to the temple.

Wendell noticed Shao Ci's fatigue and questioned him, expressing concern. Shao Ci reassured him, attributing the exhaustion to poor sleep, avoiding the truth.

Wendell, troubled by Shao Ci's apparent secrecy, couldn't help but feel a growing distance between them since leaving Wangdu. He wondered if Shao Ci no longer trusted him.

The celebration party in the evening aimed to commemorate the defeat of monsters outside the city. Wendell, preoccupied with his own thoughts, didn't attend. Shao Ci, though formally dressed, appeared distracted in a corner.

As Shao Ci pondered the potential schemes of Ewings, he anticipated the villain's penchant for bringing despair during moments of joy.

Count John, eager to speak, addressed the gathering. Shao Ci rose to join him when a panicked servant interrupted, reporting a disturbance among the civilians.

The news unfolded – civilians driven mad by black mist, rendering those in contact unconscious. Amidst the chaos, Shao Ci observed a waiter succumb to the madness and release black mist.

Attempting to reassure the crowd, Shao Ci noticed an anomaly. The same black mist enveloped him, and he succumbed to its effects.

When he awoke, Shao Ci found himself on a bench, Ewings beside him, a smile on his face.

The young man welcomed Shao Ci, announcing the beginning of a new game.

"What are you up to this time?" Shao Ci questioned. "Langton City might already be in chaos. Aren't you afraid of the authorities in the holy capital for causing such a commotion?"

The setting was different from the salted fish temple. The holy capital held sacred significance, and its inhabitants were capable of dealing with nightmares. Perhaps that's why Ewings chose to target civilians rather than face the challenges within the capital.

"Of course, I'm scared. My hands are shaking in fear." Ewings held Shao Ci's hand, his red eyes gleaming with a smile. "So, come and comfort me."

Despite the situation, Shao Ci resisted the urge to punch him in the face. "What do you want me to do this time? Stop with the nonsense!"

"Alright, it's time to introduce the rules of the game." Ewings rested his chin on his hand. "You have a close friend, right? I've been envious from the start."

"What have you done to Wendell?" Shao Ci abruptly stood up, alarmed that even Wendell, who appeared so strong, could be in danger.

"Don't worry, he's not in danger at the moment," Ewings casually remarked. "Of course, if you don't hurry, I can't guarantee his safety. He might meet an untimely end."

"Where is he?" Shao Ci asked urgently, sensing the need for swift action.

Wendell held a significant place in Shao Ci's heart – the most important person in the world. Despite the protagonist halo ensuring Wendell's survival, Shao Ci couldn't shake off his worry.

"He's currently in the temple, courtesy of me," Ewings replied casually. "If you manage to rescue him, even if I lose this game, I'll let everyone go, allowing them to leave this place entirely."

Only after making this declaration, Shao Ci swiftly turned and sprinted towards the temple.

Observing Shao Ci's departure, Ewings wore a cold expression and murmured softly, "But if I win, you must stay obediently and remain here with me forever."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

6.4K 274 25
The young man in the rough society had transmigrated, and his body was still his own, but he had become a "female" high school student who had been b...
23.6K 878 25
Qi Heng himself has a bug-level prosperous beauty, but he is born with a villain curse, and others can only see a false and ugly appearance. He is a...
4M 169K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
260K 6.9K 169
Yin Minglu is the golden medaled agent of the Reincarnation of Fate Organization, who specializes in receiving various special clients with deep rese...