SHINING VOICE - [๋‹ˆํ‚ค]

By ennyki

"๐™๐™š๐™–๐™˜๐™ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™จ๐™ž๐™œ๐™ฃ ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ช๐™–๐™œ๐™š, ๐™ˆ๐™ž๐™ฎ๐™ช๐™ ๐™ž." โ™ช Miyuki's greatest dream was to speak, yet she w... More

โ™ช
โ™ช 00
โ™ช 01
โ™ช 02
โ™ช 03
โ™ช 04
โ™ช 05
โ™ช 06
โ™ช 07
โ™ช 08
โ™ช 09
โ™ช 10
โ™ช 11
โ™ช 12
โ™ช 13
โ™ช 14
โ™ช 15
โ™ช 16
โ™ช 17
โ™ช 18
โ™ช 19
โ™ช 20
โ™ช 22
โ™ช 23
โ™ช 24
โ™ช 25
โ™ช 26
โ™ช 27
EPILOGUE
โ™ฉโ™ซ โ™ช

โ™ช 21

1.1K 48 59
By ennyki

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

old lady
━━━━━━

Miyuki's heart nearly stopped.

Oh

So you don't love her anymore is that it ?

At all ?

"That's what you're supposed to do when you don't love someone anymore, right ?"

Miyuki nodded and Riki tightened his hands around hers.

The sound of raindrops echoed off the umbrella, and cars became increasingly rare.

She tried to make Riki understand that she needed both hands to speak, but he didn't seem to want to let go.

So Miyuki pulled on his hand with a jerk and finally he turned his head towards her.

"What ? You really need both hands to talk ?" Miyuki nodded and Riki huffed before letting go of her hand. "It's okay, my hand will find you again anyway."

"Are you sure you don't love her anymore ?"

She let her hand hang again, but it warmed quickly as Riki intertwined his fingers with hers.

"Yes, I don't feel anything anymore when I'm with her. That's already a good reason." He sighed before adding, "Besides, she's mean to you, and I don't like mean people."

Without really knowing why, Miyuki's heart began to sparkle. Riki's thumb caressed her hand and she began to see life as rosy.

"You've already fallen in love, haven't you ?"

Her mouth fell open as she turned her head towards him. She didn't really know what to say.

It had never really happened to her, in fact she'd never really been interested in boys because she thought no one would be interested in her.

"No, never. At the same time I don't think anyone wants a girl who can't talk, but I'd like to know what it's like to be in love. It looks beautiful."

"I can teach you, if you want."

Miyuki thought she'd heard wrong. She turned quickly towards him and felt her heart about to explode.

"I mean, I know what it's like to be in love."

Oh.

I almost forgot,

Riki already knows how it feels.

He's lucky enough to know that.

Maybe one day someone will fall in love with me ?

I'd like to fall in love too,

To know if it's as beautiful as everyone describes.

To know what it feels like to have butterflies in my stomach.

I can't wait to find out !

Unless what I'm feeling right now...

Are butterflies in my stomach ?

"Well, probably i'm a bad teacher."

Miyuki laughed and wrapped both hands around Riki's hand.

"I'd like to be your first pupil."

"If you want then, you are."

Miyuki couldn't wipe the smile off her face. It stuck to her face and for once, she didn't feel like a burden.

She spoke in her own language and Riki could understand her perfectly.

She felt light with him, she was herself.

Riki smiled and then he pointed to a bench under a lamppost. "Do you want to sit down Miyuki ?" She nodded and handed the umbrella to the girl.

He grabbed his sleeve and wiped the water off the bench. He stood up to Miyuki and pointed to the bench with his hands, smiling.

Riki could see an old couple sitting on the next bench as Miyuki sat down on the dry one. He joined her and she amused herself by turning the umbrella while swinging her legs.

"You're cute, Miyuki."

Her smile widened and she put her hands on her cheeks, which were all hot.

"You know, love brings a lot of joy and light into your life. A bit like a star or a rainbow. It reminds me of you."

"Do I remind you of a star or a rainbow ?" asked Miyuki without stopping to turn her umbrella over her head.

Riki nodded. "Yes, you're bright and colorful." He could see the girl's smile and he couldn't stop himself from smiling too.

Then his gaze was drawn to the old lady staring at Miyuki on the next bans.

The old woman had clearly noticed her inability to speak. A wry smile appeared on her wrinkled face and she turned to her husband before pointing discreetly at Miyuki.

She said aloud, thinking no one would hear her, "Oh, look at this mute girl. How can she ever understand what love is ? It's ridiculous !"

The words struck Miyuki like poisoned arrows. The poison spread quickly through her heart and tightened in her chest.

She stopped turning the umbrella and moving her legs, as if paralyzed on the spot.

"Madam, you should learn to be more discreet." replied Riki, without really understanding how this woman could have said such a thing.

She laughed with her husband before turning to Riki. "But, don't you think I'm right ?"

The young man stood up and approached the old woman. Miyuki got up to try and leave Riki under the umbrella, but the old woman's gaze was thorny.

Riki, she must be right.

Look, I've never known love.

The old lady laughed a dry, disapproving laugh. "Oh, young people today, always defending the indefensible. She can't even express her feelings properly. What good is she in a relationship ?"

Tears welled up in Miyuki's eyes, and a heavy weight settled in her chest. She felt vulnerable, exposed to the judgment of this cruel old woman.

The old lady laughed and walked away with her husband, leaving Miyuki and Riki alone, but the venom of her words poisoned the atmosphere.

"My Miyuki, please, don't listen to her." murmured Riki, trying to heal the invisible wounds.

"It's okay." Miyuki said, trying to pretend that her words hadn't really touched her. "It's my fate i guess."

Riki took the umbrella back from her, then held her hand before starting to walk again, trying to completely forget what had just happened.

Riki took Miyuki's hand and intertwined it again with his fingers. He went back to caressing her hand with his thumb.

The wind began to blow and once again Riki's eyes were glued to Miyuki's flying hair.

They were as beautiful as ever.

He lowered his gaze to the girl's sad, empty face.

"What do you prefer between the stars and the rainbow ?" asked Riki.

"Rainbows. That's rarer."

"Yes, you're right."

So you really are a rainbow Miyuki.

Rare and colorful.

The two walked for a moment longer before arriving in front of a vending machine.

Riki knew this place, he used to go there for a cookie before going to school.

"Do you want anything ?" Riki put in a piece to take a cookie but saw Miyuki turning her head from left to right.

"Not even that ?" he pointed to a mint chocolate bar and Miyuki shook her head again.

"I don't care, I'll take some anyway." Riki's cake fell and he took the chocolate bar for Miyuki.

He handed it to her and she began to eat it.

If I could have given you my voice Miyuki.

I'd do it without hesitation,

So you wouldn't have to go through all this,

And you'd be happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 4.7K 30
โ ๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ โž โ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. โž After the death of her first love, Hyejin decided to move on with her life without him, even th...
47.5K 2.4K 38
"I will stay with you forever." A girl, blinded at a young age, meets a boy that will love and care for her for the rest of her life without knowing...
203K 16.4K 31
" ๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜„ ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ผ " a journey of two teenagers at the hospital, falling in love without both realising and wanting to admit it, until all the w...
396K 20.7K 43
[โœง.* ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ โœง.*] 'แดกสœแด€แด› แด€ส€แด‡ สแดแดœ ๊œฑแด„แด€ส€แด‡แด… แด๊œฐ?' "แด‡แด แด‡ส€สแด›สœษชษดษข, แด‡๊œฑแด˜แด‡แด„ษชแด€สŸสŸส แด…แด‡แด€แด›สœ." 'แด…แด‡แด€แด›สœ? แด›สœแด€แด›'๊œฑ แดส แดกษช๊œฑสœ แด›สœแดแดœษขสœ.' START: 15.12.2021 END: 2.4.2022 R...