SHINING VOICE - [니키]

By ennyki

"𝙏𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙣 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙜𝙚, 𝙈𝙞𝙮𝙪𝙠𝙞." ♪ Miyuki's greatest dream was to speak, yet she w... More

♪ 00
♪ 01
♪ 02
♪ 04
♪ 05
♪ 06
♪ 07
♪ 08
♪ 09
♪ 10
♪ 11
♪ 12
♪ 13
♪ 14
♪ 15
♪ 16
♪ 17
♪ 18
♪ 19
♪ 20
♪ 21
♪ 22
♪ 23
♪ 24
♪ 25
♪ 26
♪ 27
EPILOGUE
♩♫ ♪

♪ 03

1.9K 75 97
By ennyki

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

appearance
━━━━━━━

The class was bathed in stress because today their teacher was going to hand in their assessment.

Miyuki was quite confident, as she'd been studying all weekend to pass the test.

"The results are disappointing." said their teacher, adjusting her glasses on the tip of her nose.

All of a sudden, Miyuki immediately lost confidence in herself. She was rather worried about getting a bad grade, she had always been a studious student.

Their teacher began to hand out copies to the students, saying a comment aloud.

"Yokai, you'll have to work harder next time." she raised her eyebrows as she picked up her copy, and when the teacher turned her back, she crumpled her copy into a ball.

"Hana, it's better than last time, you're making progress." she said with a smile to encourage the young girl.

"Miyuki !" her teacher approached her with a small smile. "Excellent copy, you've got the best mark in the class, congratulations."

She picked up her paper, her heart a little lighter at the thought of having gotten a good grade.

Then, all of a sudden, something hit her head.

Miyuki turned and saw Yokai staring at her. She pointed to the leaf she'd thrown and told her to pick it up.

She gently handed it back, thinking she hadn't thrown the ball at her on purpose, but Yokai grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards her.

Miyuki opened her mouth slightly at the color as she felt her skin turn.

Yokai turned her wrist even more and whispered, "You're just an ass-kisser Miyuki, a disabled person don't even deserve to be here."

The girl tightened her grip around Miyuki's wrist before finally letting go.

Miyuki went back to her table and squeezed her wrist, which was red from Yokai.

She had to bite her cheek to keep from crying.

She deeply regretted the way her friendship with Yokai had ended.

In spite of everything, she loved her very much.

She had been her first and only friend.

The bell rang in the classroom and Miyuki began to put her things away, but Yokai soon came up to her.

"You don't like your new bracelet, nerd ?" she said, before kicking her in the shin.

Miyuki opened her mouth as if to scream before putting her hand on the spot where Yokai had kicked.

She was in terrible pain.

"It's convenient that you can't scream, look, nobody notices you." then she put the second strap back on her bag before leaving the classroom.

Miyuki rubbed her shin for a few more seconds before standing up, but Yokai had hit her so hard that the pain was still there.

Miyuki felt like a shadow among all those people.

A lost shadow.

She felt as if no one saw her or paid any attention to her.

She was just there.

Transparent.

Miyuki got up and when she went out into the corridor, it was empty.

The young girl went to the canteen and placed her tray on a table where there was no one.

It wasn't so different from other days. She'd been eating alone for a long time.

The girl started to eat when she saw someone sitting in front of her.

She looked up and saw one of Yokai's friends. She raised her eyebrows in surprise and the girl in front of her said leaned towards her as if she didn't want anyone to hear her, "I saw what Yokai did to you in class, it was really mean."

Anyone nice to me ?

Oh,

It's been a really long time since that happened to me.

She handed her a pen and paper, allowing her to answer without having to just nod or smile.

She wouldn't need to use the little slate she was forced to carry everywhere.

Miyuki wrote, "She's been like this with me for a long time now, but this time it really hurt."

She took the paper in her hands to read what Miyuki had written and replied, "She was really mean this time. I told her that was wrong but well, she wouldn't listen."

Miyuki took the paper back and wrote again, "I don't think she'll ever change, one day I'll get used to it."

"It's okay, I'll talk to her about it so she'll leave you alone." the girl added with a small smile that greatly reassured Miyuki.

"I've wanted to come and talk to you for a long time, but I never really dared."

"I've been waiting a long time for someone to come and talk to me."

The girl in front of her gave her a small smile before putting her elbows on the table to ask Miyuki, "Yokai told me you used to be best friends, what happened ?"

"She got tired of waiting every time I wrote down what I wanted to tell her, she told me it was boring."

The girl read the paper and huffed before looking up at Miyuki.

"She's right, it's really boring talking to you."

Then she took Miyuki's tray and ran to her two other friends to enjoy the meal they'd won.

She would have liked to shout at her to give her tray back, but she couldn't and Miyuki cursed herself for not having a voice.

She just sat there in her chair, not really knowing what to do.

But at the same time, no one came to help her.

♩♫ ♪

The same boy looked at her, without her tray in front of her and just sitting there in her chair, helpless.

He would have liked to tell his girlfriend that she was really mean to this girl, that she should leave her alone because she hadn't done anything to her.

But his best friend spoke to him before he even had time to get up.

"Riki, are you listening ?"

The young man quickly looked away from Miyuki before saying, playing with his fork, "Hmmm, sure."

"Liar." Sunoo almost shouted. "You keep looking at Miyuki lately."

He took a butcher from his plate and looked up at his friend again, "I remind you that you have a girlfriend, Riki."

"Arh you're annoying." then he turned his head in the opposite direction.

Sunoo laughed and took the carafe in his hands, saying, "Some water ?"

Riki nodded and Sunoo got up to fetch some.

But Riki still couldn't stop watching Miyuki play on her phone, without food in front of her.

He met Yokai's gaze and she stood up to greet him, kissing him and stroking his hair.

"How's my boyfriend ?"

"Fine."

Yokai frowned and stopped moving her hands through his hair.

"Are you sure ? You're not usually this cold."

"I just want to eat." he said without even looking at her.

"Yokai how are you !" Sunoo said, returning with a full carafe.

"Fine but I have a feeling my Riki isn't in a very good mood." She stroked his cheek but Riki removed it with his hand.

"He'll get over it." said Sunoo, filling his friend's glass.

Yokai huffed before fetching her tray and leaving the canteen with her two friends.

Riki couldn't help but look at Miyuki once more, and when he saw that the girl was starting to put her things away, he quickly picked up his bowl of noodles, which he hadn't started yet, and took it in front of her.

Miyuki looked up at him, her hands still in her bag as he said, "You're pitiful."

He didn't even smile at her, then went back to Sunoo to pick up his bag, finish his glass of water and leave the canteen.

Miyuki stared at the boy for a long second before finally eating.

She was getting really hungry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 2.3K 17
Heeseung and y/n were best friends who had the same dream to debut. Heeseung already achieved his goal but y/n hasn't. After a big incident struck th...
291K 15K 37
"You are a vampire, and so are your friends." Jake's life was perfectly normal and happy, until him and his two friends Jungwon and Sunoo are forced...
170K 6.2K 32
"𝗳𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂." he said looking at her necklace. ☆ Kaya has hear...