𝐖𝐀𝐑 πŽπ… π“πˆπƒπ„π’ | per...

By crocodileskinboots

"do i look like i give a shit if he's poseidons son?" water from the fountain splashed into her face, drippi... More

act one
cast
camp half-blood
hospitable
clarisse
supreme lord of the bathroom
war games
babysitting duty
beach fight
poseidon's claim
choosing
monsters find you
new jersey forest
medusa
we aren't our parents
statues
when experiences fuse
trouble brewing
mother of monsters
please run
runaway children
opinions can offend the gods
athena's mad at us
prepare yourself for an untimely death
the plunge
finding percy jackson alive
she'd go down kicking and screaming
who knew war gods were actually cowards
family, really?
mum and dad
what is the sacrifice to be great

prophecies

8.3K 252 27
By crocodileskinboots

Gold light warmed the Hermes cabin. The clatter of coins chipped the wooden floor, creating chaotic background noise when weaved in with the plethora of voices. Percy chucked his rucksack onto his bed after an embarrassing introduction from Chiron. 

"I heard about what happened to you on the hill, with Ciarda and Grover. I just wanted to say I'm really sorry," Luke's soothing voice reached everyone's ears in Hermes Cabin. The conversations, however, did not cease.

"Oh shut it Luke, you're such a suck-up," Eros rolled his eyes, slapping the raven-haired boy on the shoulder. A muddy handprint was imprinted on his orange shirt, displaying that he'd been working outside - if his deep tan didn't already show that. 

It seemed that all of Ares' children shared the same sunkissed skin. Dark hair and a mean smirk were also hereditary. 

Luke rolled his eyes whilst he turned to see the elder, muscular demigod. "Percy, this is Eros. Son of Ares," With an introduction, Percy shook Eros' hand. Even his handshake was strong and intimidating - a pattern often present with Ares' offspring. 

The boy seemed much more relaxed when compared to his uptight youngest sister, whom Percy had met earlier. Even if they shared the same killer stare and curled lip. Swirling tattoos peaked from the collar of his shirt, licking up his stubbled neck. 

"Although she won't admit it, Ciarda does apologise for her attitude earlier. She's got a pretty bad temper," Eros bared his canine teeth. "I'm sure you will grow accustomed to it if Chiron's plans go ahead."

"It's fine," Percy played with the pen-sword in his pocket, anxiously. His eyebrows furrowed at Eros' cryptic words but chose to refrain from asking too many questions. 

"Although I'd stay out of Clarisse's way while she calms down about the Minotaur incident. My sister is very protective of her twin," Eros winked, slapping Luke's back once more before dropping out of the golden-lit cabin. 

...

The daylight dropped quickly, leaving Hermes cabin emptier by the minute. Overcome with curiosity, Percy peaked outside. His hands rested on the jagged edge of the door, his blonde hair and eyes being the only things visible. 

Those blue eyes widened when they met roaring bonfires, the clinking of tin cups and the laughter of mixed cabins. Wrestling games and sword clashing could be seen from even the Cabin Circle. 

"Holy shit," Percy took a small step out, his body half hidden by the engraved door of the messenger God. The night sky was clear and warm, a thick musk of smoke and burning marshmallows singeing Percy's nose.

From the firelight dancing, shining out an array of orange hues, Percy watched Ciarda. A girl, slightly taller but practically the same, was braiding her hair into rows of neatly parted plaits. Clarisse, it was assumed. 

Ciarda was drinking maroon liquid out of a cloudy glass, and laughter burst out of her while someone from Aphrodite's cabin told her a joke. 

The entirety of Aphrodite's cabin seemed to be around the same bonfire, a mixture of unreal beauty and golden hair. 

Percy noticed Eros, along with an older version of the boy, with even bigger arms. Another of the Ares children. It seemed they banded together - like a pack of wolves.

Clarisse tapped her sister's shoulders when she finished her hair, and Ciarda stood, thanking her sister. She tipped her head back, finishing her drink and putting it behind the wooden logs used as benches. 

Moving away from the crowd, she scanned the landscape of darkness. Her eyes met Percy's, her eyebrows furrowing as she watched him scramble to hide most of himself behind the large Hermes doors. 

They stared at each other, neither daring to move. Her jaw muscles flexed while she bit down, irritation simmering underneath her cold gaze. Something behind her eyes suggested there was a lot more to her founded hatred than she let on.

"Cici? You alright?" Clarisse pulled at the hem of her sister's shirt. "Yeah, 'm fine. I'll be right back," Ciarda broke her stare with the unclaimed demigod, trotting off and out of site. 

Eros watched his sister leave with a knowing smile, letting a daughter of Aphrodite purr on his lap, red lips whispering sweet nothings. Percy huffed, pushing the door open and joining the chatter.

...

"I cannot- will not - help him!  How do you expect me to complete a quest if I'm too busy fighting with the boy watching my back - I cannot trust him," Ciarda seethed at Chiron, ignoring Dionysus who seemed to be sick of waiting to win cards. 

He sipped his Coca-Cola, begging to interrupt, but one venomous look from the Daughter of Ares was enough for him to hold his tongue. he had seen his fair share of how dangerous she was.

"We both know that you cannot argue with prophecies," Chiron shook his head, setting down his cards - making Dionysus groan. His white beard glimmered in the dim light of the moon. 

"Go to bed, we shall talk about this in the morning," Dionysus decided, scratching his nose and picking up his cards. The annoying click of his feet on the Greek tiles caused her to become even more riled up.

Ciarda glared darkly at the two of them, crossing her arms. Chiron nodded, deciding that she should enjoy the first celebration of Summer Camp with her friends. "Go," He motioned with kind eyes.

Staring at him for a while, Ciarda finally took a deep breath. For a thirteen-year-old girl, she made quite a stand. Before she took one step toward the door, Grover came clattering through. 

He paused when he saw Ciarda. "Sorry, is now an okay time to talk?" His doe eyes flickered between the three people itching with irritation. 

"Yes," Chiron smiled, glancing at his cards nervously. "No!" Dionysus snapped, his fingers begging to play his winning card. 

Grover glanced to Ciarda who put her weight onto one hip, telling him she wasn't going anywhere. "If he can talk, so can I." 

"It's Sally Jackson. I think I know what really happened to her," Grover referenced the current talk of the Half-Blood camp. Percy's mother died trying to get him to the treeline, reminding Ciarda of the other lives taken in an attempt to get to the tranquil safety of the camp. 

Or really, just the one life. 

"I've never seen a Minotaur crush a human to death, but I just- I assumed they'd get really squishy. Like you know, an old banana maybe-" The Satyr rambled stressfully. He raked his hands through the curls that covered his forehead and stopped when he reached his growing horns. 

"Grover," The boy's attention moved to Ciarda. "The point?" 

"She evaporated - like a monster would," He admitted, shaking his head to get back on track. His horns showed through his curly hair.  Ciarda straightened, her eyes squinting in curiosity. "So- I went to the Cloven Council," Grover started, making Chiron, Dionysis and Ciarda all roll their eyes and groan. Sighs filled the air to match.

"And they had actually heard of this happening before. And that, when a mortal is really close to death, Hades himself can reach out and-" 

"Grover that is ridiculous-" Ciarda shook her head. Her braids already itched, but Clarisse insisted if she were to go on a quest - which Ciarda, now, was beginning to wonder if she should - her hair should be the last of her problems. 

"Yes, we know," Chiron interrupted them both. Ciarda's shoulders slackened. She whirled to face Chiron, her eyes gleaming with confusion. "But you haven't told Percy anything yet?" Grover questioned, puzzled. 

"No. No one is going to tell him anything," Dionysus finished, sipping his drink. He placed it carefully on a cupholder like it was the most interesting thing he had seen all millennia.

"The boy may be new to everything here, and lacking in a sense of humour and respect, but deserves to know the truth," Ciarda decided indefinitely. 

Chiron sighed, knowing it was rare to change such a stubborn girl's mind. Practically unheard of once she crossed her arms and gave them a once over, which mirrored his thoughts exactly as they spoke. 

"Ciarda, the truth can be very dangerous if it isn't handled carefully". 

"I don't want to lie to him anymore," Grover looked down, crossing his hooves. Dionysus laughed, taking another sip of his soft drink. The crackling of chestnuts being roasted in charred pans zipped through the still air of summer.

"There are powerful forces at work here, boy. Forces that have laid waste to the Earth before and are close to doing it again. So, you don't want to lie to your little friend? Too bad. I suggest you steer clear of him then. Because you will say nothing to him about this, do you understand?" Dionysus began to raise his voice. 

Grover's head dipped and nodded, leaving the room which smelled of simmering wine. Ciarda breathed through her nose and out through her mouth. Fruits and berries filled her senses. 

She pounced forward, placing both of her calloused hands on the desk where glass bottles rattled. Her face was inches from the God of Wine. 

"You may scare him, but you certainly don't scare me," She glared, knocking his drink off the table violently, coke pooling onto the floor as dark as blood. 

"Ciarda-" Chiron started but she didn't look at him. She just stormed out, not looking back. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 242 10
*ೃ༄ Love wasn't her thing. One could laugh at the irony of that statement. The daughter of Aphrodite, the literal goddess of love, not knowing HOW t...
69K 2.4K 27
❚ ΰΌ‰β€§β‚Š SEA AND THE SALT ➢ in which a certain son of ares knows just how to get under the daughter of poseidon's skin. ❝ fem! oc x male! oc βŠΉπ“‚ƒ ❚ βͺ Β©...
111K 4.7K 51
" 𝗢'𝗺 𝗼𝗻 π—³π˜‚π—°π—Έπ—Άπ—»π—΄ 𝗳𝗢𝗿𝗲! " 𝗒π—₯ π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› the daughter of Khaos follows the 7 demigods onto their suspicious Greek warship in purs...
37.4K 1.6K 34
🌷 "We're Greek, Percy. We're all born with tragedy in our blood. It's those who learn to accept it and stay true to themselves who are heroes." Th...